Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2010, 12:02 PM   #1
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Celebrating Mom's 65th on land and sea!!! Sept 2010 PTR 9/9 update

Thank you for joining in on my PTR!!!

This is my second PTR, and I hope to make it fun and full of all things disney!!!

First let me introduce you to the cast and crew, then I will get to the DETAILS:bana na:

First off me!

Hi! I'm Leanne. A 23 year old loving all things disney wife to a WONDERFUL husband Tim. You'll get to meet him next! I have been to disney so many times as a kid, and this will be the 3rd time with DH. I can't wait til Dh and I have kids, and we can bring them to disney and see it through their eyes!!!

Next up the DH

This is my WONDERFUL husband Tim (he's very competitive if you can't tell). He is a 27 year old that is slowly learning his love for disney. He only went once as a child, and the next time he went was in 2007 when he went with me and my mom and dad. The only he remembered until this was space mtn chocked him haha (It was actually his dad trying to keep him in the car when he decided he wanted off mid ride)

Next is Mom

This trip is to celebrate Mom's 65th birthday. DH and I are planning this trip for mom and dad as they normally do all the planning. We are making sure to tell EVERYONE that it's mom's 65th birthday. We say it's the least they can do for everything they've done for us!!! (She's not to excited about everyone knowing lol But don't let her fool you, she really does like it, she always laughs so hard she starts crying, and then talks about it for years!!!)

And last but not least is dear ol' Dad

This is the man responsible for my love of disney!!! What can I say and I am a big time daddy's girl, and yes I still call him daddy, or rather deddy or fazza as I always have. He now admits he's a sucker for me, and he dreads the day we have a little girl b/c he knows it will be 1000 times worse lol

For out beautiful baby girl that we will be leaving at home unfortunatly

Sorry I couldn't post just one lol This is our beautiful 3 year old english spinger spanial that's our sweet baby girl!!! She is a hot mess, and loves going to the lake with us in the summer. If we drive (which I'm hoping we won't) We might take her with us and kennel her at wdw, and if we fly she will stay with DH parents for the week.

Well that wraps up the cast a crew. Up next the What... when... and how!!!

Last edited by Leleluvsdis; 09-09-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Leleluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:35 PM   #2
liz827
Mouseketeer

I hope when I'm 65, my daughter takes me on a cruise

Love your dog pic with the pony holder... reminds me of Mulan

liz827 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2010, 11:20 PM   #3
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz827 View Post
I hope when I'm 65, my daughter takes me on a cruise

Love your dog pic with the pony holder... reminds me of Mulan
To say the least mom is very excited!!! DH and I went on a cruise for our honeymoon, and ever since she's been wanting to go on one.

Thanks! we have to tie her ears up when we bathe her so they will dry. She gets ear infections really easy and frequently
Old 04-02-2010, 09:55 AM   #4
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

For the what and when...

We have finally booked our cruise!!!
:b anana:
We are doing 7 nights on carnival. We are leaving from orlando to cozumel, isla rotan, belize, and costa maya. The cruise leaved Sept 18th, but we are going down a couple days early.
:b anana:

Why am I doing a PTR you may ask? Well if we are going to orlando... it is IMPOSSIBLE to not go to wdw for a couple days... am I right?

I am still trying to decide on the place to stay. I've got it narrowed down between pop and ASMusic. We've never stayed at a disney resort as we normally stay at SOG. Since it's only a couple days, and we need transportation we have decided to stay at a disney resort. Any opinions will be greatly appreciated!

Honestly I think I'm more excited about going to disney for a couple days then the cruise as I thought it would be 2011 before we went back. We haven't decided if we are going to do a park yet. We've never taken time to just explore the resorts, and DTD so we may do that instead of parks. For anyone who has been for just a couple days feel free to give your opinion. I love getting others thoughts and an outside opinion always helps with decisions! Thanks for reading!!!
Old 04-04-2010, 10:40 PM   #5
deslynnpatterson
we will be married for 5 years:) and will be spending it in disney:)

i am joining in!! I can't wait to hear more about your cruise and disney plans!! That is so nice you are planning a trip for your parents we stayed at Pop and AS music before-- i prefer AS music -- its a lot calmer than POP and evern thought you share the buses with Assports and As movies-- it doesnt seem to matter-- its a very fun resort!! I think you would enjoy either resort you would pick

deslynnpatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:17 PM   #6
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deslynnpatterson View Post
i am joining in!! I can't wait to hear more about your cruise and disney plans!! That is so nice you are planning a trip for your parents we stayed at Pop and AS music before-- i prefer AS music -- its a lot calmer than POP and evern thought you share the buses with Assports and As movies-- it doesnt seem to matter-- its a very fun resort!! I think you would enjoy either resort you would pick
Thanks for joining! I think I'm leaning towards ASMusic as well
Old 04-05-2010, 07:22 PM   #7
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

OH MY WORD!!!

Did anyone else have a crazy busy easter like I did?

We had DH birthday party Saturday and had a blast, but that was just the end of the week.

On Friday we put an offer on a house and it was excepted:d ance3:

We got a contract on our house 2 weeks ago and went looking at 14 houses in one day... yes 14 in one day, and the 2nd house we looked at had EVERYTHING we wanted, and I am still having dreams about that kitchen Needless to say the next month or 2 will be crazy busy and I'm sure there are plenty of and maybe a little, ok A LOT of to come. I admit it I am a major control freak, and overly plan EVERYTHING!!!

So hopefully I can work on an update tomarrow after I get my picture loaded... come on now... did anyone really think that I could go without posting pics of my soon to be new house!!!

Talk to ya tomarrow!
Old 04-05-2010, 09:15 PM   #8
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Wow, that's a busy couple of months! Congrats on booking the cruise.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:11 AM   #9
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
Wow, that's a busy couple of months! Congrats on booking the cruise.
Thanks!!! My head is still spinning
Old 04-07-2010, 09:06 PM   #10
deslynnpatterson
we will be married for 5 years:) and will be spending it in disney:)

congrats on getting the offer for the house that is so exciting!! We had a busy holiday weekend too but mostly on sat-- we did our own thing on Sunday for easter it was great the holdays are always crazy!! I hope you week is going good

deslynnpatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:06 PM   #11
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Well not much has happened on the planning end of the trip, but I do have a question... we are going to arrive Thursday evening and are planning to go to DTD for the evening or just wander around the resort. My question is on Friday, a part of me wants to do a one day ticket, but the other side of me says no just relax, and explore the parks as I had originally intended. We had thought about doing the GAD, but did not not know if we would be to wdw this year, and then when we did decide, it was too late... errrrr we missed it by just a couple days

Oh... we are booking our flight this week!!! WOOT WOOT I am SOOOOOO excited!!! We haven't ever flown to disney, so it will be so nice to not have to drive 14hrs to get there!!! We are going to be using DME to get to our resort, and I hope we get the traditional bus. I saw where someone had a charter bus that had a lights motor action wrap on it. I don't think it's the same yeah I know it's free, but those buses are so awesome looking!!!

Anywhoo... we are looking into the military rate of 40% off and wondering if we'd be more comfortable at a mod vs a value. We have never stayed at a disney resort. Which do you think would be better? Mod or value. We will be spending a lot of time at the resorts as we probubly won't be doing parks however we are only there for 2 nights. decisions... decisions... decisions...

On the moving front we are about 1/2 way packed and I am getting SOOOO excited!!! 2 weeks and 2 days until we close

Well I guess that's about it for now... hopefully I will have a better update later on in the week! Talk to ya soon
Old 04-16-2010, 04:13 PM   #12
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

So do I actually have anyone reading along or is it just me???

cricket....... cricket.......... cricket......

Oh well!!!

So MEGA NEWS!!!! It is official we booked our flight last night whoo whoo whoo whoo We are flying Jet blue from richmond, va at 4:50pm and arrive at MCO at 7:15pm!!! We are going to take DME to the resort so we don't have to rent a car to sit at the cruise port all week. I am SUUUUUPER excited now! My hopes are to get intouch with disney tonight and get our rooms booked for Thursday through Saturday. We are going to do military 40% discount at ASMovies. I debated on doing a mod b/c of the price, but the i figured what the heck we're going next year at christmas and staying at contemp. We're only going to be there 2 nights and it's just to sleep. As long as it's clean, that's all that matters. AHHHHHHHHHHH I am beyond excited!!!

Ok so I guess that's all for now! Hope everyone is having a fantabulous day!!!
Old 04-21-2010, 10:40 AM   #13
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

HI! Saw you on Staci's website, subbing! Your doggie is SO cute! Looking forward to hearing about your cruise. Thinking of taking on in May 2011 on the Dream

PS: Join my TR too!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2374556
BippityBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:13 PM   #14
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

I'm here--I'll get all caught up soon! Your trip already sounds like so much fun--I want to go with Michael and our parents sometime!

Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

stacikristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:35 PM   #15
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Huge update!

Hi Everyone

Sorry I've been rather MIA recently, but we've had alot going on recently... well rather one big thing going on...
Drum roll please... the main event has been...

That's right... WE'RE MOVING!!!!

Oh it has been so much work, but it will defiently be worth it when we are finished. We are having to do alot of check writing unfortunatly. Yes, I've begun calling it check writing instead of shopping, b/c as much fun as it is to shop, I'm beginning to despise writting those checks lol We are moving from a 100sq ft house to our new house which is about 2400sq ft. We moved out of our old house and moved in with my parents for a week then into our new house, so needless to say there has not been a spare minute... no take that back.... second.

Anywhoo on with the PTR...
When I last left you we had just booked our flight! Can I just tell you how incredible excited I am about flying. We always drive, and it is absolutly the longest drive 14hrs to be exact, and we normally do it one day. Not this time!!! ok on with the show... It is OFFICIAL!!! We have booked our resort. After much debating and talking with you lovely dissers I made a desicion...
and the winner is

We booked with a 40% military discount b/c dad is retired from the army. We went back and forth about booking a mod b/c of the discount, but the 117 for 2 nights could not be argued so we decided on ASMu. I've been wondering if I should request a particular building... any suggestions?

So the itenary so far is as follow:
Thurs Sept 16th
11am- Leave Rustburg enroute to RIC
5:35pm- Leave RIC
7:15pm- Arrive MCO and make way to DME
I hope we can be at ASMusic by 8 or 8:30pm then head over to DTD for a late night bite!

Friday Sept 17th
We are going to explore the resorts, and definetly want to hit up beaches and cream. There is no time line unless we decide to make an ADR at a resort. Any suggestion??? We have done CM for breakfast, and that's it for resort resturants.
Also, I've read that you can watch wishes from contemp. do you have to be a guest there to do this, or can anyone go? Also do they have the music, and is there a place where you can view the fireworks where the music is piped in?

Saturday, Sept 18th
Up pretty early, probubly just grab something from the foodcourt for breakfast. We are planning to get a town car service for transportation port canaveral for a cruise. We are yet to decide if we want to use cruise transportation back to the airport, or if we want to do the towncar service back to MCO. Does anyone have any recommendations on a town car serivce that will take us from WDW to port canaveral?

Well that about wraps up this update.. oh I almost forgot, I got the most amazing notebook at target the other night. I will have to take a picture and post... i KNOW ya'll will L-O-V-E IT!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: