Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2010, 05:09 AM   #21
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Joining in! I caught up with you on the So Cal board or wherever it was you asked about what to do in Long Beach. Looking forward to hearing all about your countdown and your trip! I could use to lose a few kilos, but it isn't going to happen!

In looking at your timing on your trip it looks like you're coming into Long Beach on May 14th. Just to let you know you'll be in Long Beach for Gay Pride weekend. That's not a bad thing, but besides the Long Beach Grand Prix, that is the highest grossing revenue weekend for the city, which means that the city is packed! You're lucky you've got your hotel room reserved, and if you're going to Catalina on the Saturday there'll be no problem. It's just a very busy weekend and parking is difficult in the downtown area.

I thought I would share a few photos of the top of Signal Hill that I mentioned in the other forum. These are from my Point and Shoot, and to join the DSLR discussion, we also have a Canon Rebel XT, but anyways, the pictures don't to it justice. When I was up there today I noticed quite a few people having picnics, there were four tables, two in the shade and two in the sun.

In this picture, you can see Catalina off in the distance.

Another interesting thing to do while you are here is a Zeppelin that is flying out of the Long Beach airport. You can find more information at www.airshipventures.com or call 650-969-8100 x111.

Here is a shot:

And here is a shot from Signal Hill looking towards Downtown LA

Looking forward to hearing more of your updates.
I LOVE your photos. I can't wait to have my own set like this
I'm actually in Long Beach at the start of the trip - so I'll be there from the 30 Apr - 2 May. I'll be staying with my aunt in San Marcos at the end and am seriously thinking about coming into LB for the Gay Pride weekend....until I read your views about parking. Might give it a miss..

Thanks for joining my PTR. Glad to have you here...and also in the SoCal section (thanks again for your tips).

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR

Last edited by PrincessInOz; 03-29-2010 at 05:19 AM.
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: