Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2010, 09:55 PM   #16
RainbowWit
ToT makes me SQUEEEEE

Almost forgot! Teva has free shipping right now! For us Mush flop lovers!

You can also always find awesome deals at 6pm.com for overstock Teva, Keen and Merrills

Wit Kris JumeeGirl Gamma
RainbowWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:57 AM   #17
trekkie2
Mouseketeer

I get my cargo shorts in the Big and Tall men's department at JC Penny's. But my clothes run on the boyish side, so I don't know if that will go for everyone.

LOL that my work, my kids tell me I dress like a 14 year old boy!! Can I help it if I love tennis shoes and weird t shirts!!
trekkie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2010, 06:15 PM   #18
brekin67
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed99 View Post
I would like to thank the OP for coming up with this thread!

I have a comment about bags. I carry a vera bradley mini hipster. I am very pooh sized size 26-28 plus, and it still comes down to my hip, or just right at it. They are not very big, only room for my change purse and check book and a couple other small items, but that is all I like to carry around anyway! Just thought I would share!
Thanks, I may try that.
brekin67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:32 PM   #19
disneylove69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkie2 View Post
I really want some cargo pants or shorts for our trip in may, but can't seem to find any. if anyone has some plus sized suggestions on where to look, I would appreciate it.

thanks
Try Marshalls. We are starting to get them in.

disneylove69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:07 AM   #20
steph-in-ky
Lifestyle photographer

I'm a size 26/28 and I'm about 5 "10 and I've tried several different bags in the parks. My favorite by far is the Vera Bradley mini hipster. I wear Teva Mush flip flops and love the nylon cargo shorts that I buy every summer at Walmart. I get my swimsuits from It Figures. You can find them on QVC. I prefer the swim dresses. They are more expensive but will last for years.
steph-in-ky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:57 AM   #21
sardanem
Mouseketeer

Hi all. I just got back yesterday from Disney, and thought, that as a very Pooh sized person, I would add my 2 cents. First off, I was very worried I would need the seatbelt extender on Jet Blue and was thrilled to find out I didn't. I did on Continental in August of 08, but I have lost about 40 lbs since then and go to the gym 3-5 times a week for the last 6 months. I am 5' 3" and wear a size 24-26 and carry a lot of weight around my middle. I found the walking to be a lot easier this trip and did not have any trouble with anything. I went on Soarin this time and not last time because I was afraid of the belt issue there too. It was fine. I wore Capri or Bermuda shorts because of the shorts riding up issue and I also wore my New Balance sneakers everyday and was okay. I wore a cross body bag but it made a welt on my neck where the strap hit it. It wasn't heavy, but I guess it wasn't made for my body type. If anyone has any questions, I would be happy to answer anything.

Lisa
sardanem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:13 PM   #22
Jazcat
Mouseketeer

Wow, I love this thread! We are a pooh size couple and have done a dining review, but we had some negative feedback about how fat we were. We have been discouraged that some would be so mean, but thankfully the mod deleted the comments off our review.

Ok, here's my question: what are so good about the Teva flip flops. I hate most all flip flops because they give me blisters, but I would love to wear flip flops. Thanks so much.

Last edited by Jazcat; 03-30-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Jazcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:39 PM   #23
burberryplaid
Addicted to SOARIN's Orange Scent
Has an affinity for cupcakes
There's nothing like leaving all your cares behind you and getting to be 6 years old all over again!

This is a great thread!

I am a size 22. My park bag is an Overland Donner. It has a very long adjustable strap so I can sling it across my body. I don't even have to take it off on most rides.

For shoes, I wear Teva Terra-Fi's. I am not a flip flop wearer and sneakers make my feet too hot. I also need something supportive because I have flat feet and these
work!

I am a Body Glide user as well. I use it on feet and thighs.

I buy most of my shorts and capris at Old Navy. They only sell plus sizes online but I've never had an issue. I've also bought at Land's End.

As for swimsuits, I bought my current suit at www.alwaysforme.com They have a great selection and great service.

Last edited by burberryplaid; 03-28-2010 at 08:44 PM.
burberryplaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:40 PM   #24
Wildflowerz
Can't Wait to See the Mouse Again!

I got the Bagallini bag 2 years ago when I was planning a Disney trip. I ended up losing my job and we weren't able to go, but we're planning a trip now and I plan on using it. I've used it for fairs and trips to the zoo and it's worked very well. It's light enough and can be worn on the back or the front. I find that I get hot under the area that the bag's lying, so I like to switch it up. We go to a scifi convention every year and I carry a backpack because we have to carry around bigger things and more stuff and it's just SO hot on my back. I hope the Bagallini will work well!

Next Trip: September 13-19, 2014
Wildflowerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:10 AM   #25
chaoscent

Mouseketeer

DISboards Moderator

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a fanny pack? Mine is seeing it's last days, but I can't find one with a waist strap long enough to go around me? Great thread, thank you for starting it.
Penny
Autograph Cards & Covers, Tshirts & Background Clip art are here http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...1Cent/?start=0 Our DISigns are free as we donate our time and talent to make them. If you like what we have made please consider a donation to Give Kids the World. To donate, please click the Power of 10 image in my signature.
chaoscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:20 AM   #26
DaniB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoscent View Post
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a fanny pack? Mine is seeing it's last days, but I can't find one with a waist strap long enough to go around me? Great thread, thank you for starting it.
Penny

I would love to hear some information about this as well!

My husband wants a fanny/waist pack but the ones around here just do not suit...

Do any of these come with a water bottle mesh pocket holder or something? And if so, has does that feel (weight-wise) when walking around the parks?

Sept 14-23, 2010 - 9 nights CSR 1st family vacation (w/ free DDP)
DaniB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:50 PM   #27
burberryplaid
Addicted to SOARIN's Orange Scent
Has an affinity for cupcakes
There's nothing like leaving all your cares behind you and getting to be 6 years old all over again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniB;
Do any of these come with a water bottle mesh pocket holder or something? And if so, has does that feel (weight-wise) when walking around the parks?
The Overland Donner has 2 side pockets I use to carry 16oz bottles of water. The weight doesn't bother me at all.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:41 PM   #28
Stephanator
Mouseketeer

Last year when I went I was 5'5", 260 pounds and wore a size 22. I wore a Baggallini messenger bag and loved it. I wore tennis shoes some days (New Balance), Mickey crocs a couple times and my favorite flip-flips are the Athens from crocs. I found cargo style capri pants at Kohls before I left on super sale. My swimsuit is a Speedo because I like the straps to cross over in the back. They do offer limited plus sizes (I think it's 20-24).

Before my trip, by accident, I found something at the Bali/Hanes outlet store that was helpful. It's called a Happy Strap and it's to put between your bra straps to keep them from slipping down. (That's the reason I have a Speedo swimsuit). It is similar to those plastic disc things you see on tv, but the saleslady told me those tend to crack/break and who wants that? It was nice for when I wore sleeveless shirts and just in general. If you're curious.
http://www.amazon.com/Braza-Happy-Straps/dp/B000086778
Old 03-30-2010, 09:20 PM   #29
Blessed99
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniB View Post
I would love to hear some information about this as well!

My husband wants a fanny/waist pack but the ones around here just do not suit...

Hi again DaniB! I just looked at this place I had in mind for you, I don't know how to post a link, sorry! Go to kingsizedirect.com and on the home page at the top right hand side there is a search, type in fanny pack and it pulls up a black leather type fanny pack that is oversized and fits up to 72 inch waist. It was $19.99! Hope this helps!!
Old 03-30-2010, 09:26 PM   #30
obnurrse
Earning My Ears

I always take my fanny pack when I go. I got mine at Walmart for $9. I think it fits a waist up to 72#. My local Walmart always has them in stock; by the backpacks and purses.
obnurrse is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: