Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 11:47 AM   #1621
WebmasterPete
Grand Administrator
The Big Dipple
Easily confuses bathrooms and attics
I survived Hurricane Frances...send more ice cream!

DISboards Administrator

Here's what I received from Universal

You announced Wizarding World of Harry Potter travel packages with a travel date of May 28. But today, you announced a June 18 grand opening date. What’s going on? Are the packages still good?
We are confident in our ability to provide those who have already purchased travel packages featuring entitlements in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter the experience they are looking forward to having -- with all the great benefits we have listed and we will make special arrangement to accommodate them. As always, specific operating hours and availability of attractions and shows are subject to change. The June 18 date is meant for a larger, more public, opening.

If I purchased The Wizarding World of Harry Potter package with a travel date of May 28 will I still get to experience all of the rides?
That is our intention and we will make special arrangement to accommodate them but as always, all rides and attractions are subject to availability.

Can I still purchase The Wizarding World of Harry Potter travel package with a travel date of May 28?
We are now sold out of packages with The Wizarding World of Harry Potter entitlements for arrivals prior to June 18. However, packages are still available for purchase after June 18.

If I bought a regular ticket or vacation package to Universal Orlando Resort after May 28, will I be able to experience The Wizarding World of Harry Potter?
At the moment, only people who have purchased packages from Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations or Virgin Holidays featuring the specific The Wizarding World of Harry Potter package entitlements will be accommodated.

-------------------------

In short, if you didn't book the specific HP package and are arriving prior to the Grand Opening - they will not allow you access to that area of the park. Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger.

Pete
Old 03-26-2010, 11:59 AM   #1622
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

They never guarantee soft openings though and never announce them. I think this is just their way of making sure that hoards of people don't show up expecting the park to be open because of the package dates. I still think there will be soft openings way before June 18. They just won't be announced or guaranteed.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2010, 12:28 PM   #1623
Rags
DIS Veteran

Question

One quick question. What about Dragon's Challenge (aka dueling dragons)??? I can understand all the other areas of WWoHP but I hope I can ride the coaster!

Old 03-26-2010, 12:40 PM   #1624
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags View Post
One quick question. What about Dragon's Challenge (aka dueling dragons)??? I can understand all the other areas of WWoHP but I hope I can ride the coaster!
Right now there is a covered pathway through parts of Hogmeade to DD so people can ride. Nobody is sure if this is going to stay like that for a bit or be closed down after spring break.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:58 PM   #1625
tttessa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterPete View Post

<snip>

If I bought a regular ticket or vacation package to Universal Orlando Resort after May 28, will I be able to experience The Wizarding World of Harry Potter?
At the moment, only people who have purchased packages from Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations or Virgin Holidays featuring the specific The Wizarding World of Harry Potter package entitlements will be accommodated.

In short, if you didn't book the specific HP package and are arriving prior to the Grand Opening - they will not allow you access to that area of the park. Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger.

Pete
mmmm - if they have soft openings - sorry dumb reply of mine - WHEN they have the soft openings.... it is to test out the full thing under full load with lots of us daft ordinary people who will do daft ordinary (or otherwise...) things, so I would think anyone who happened to be there then would be allowed in... they won't of course give advance notice of soft openings - or they would be mobbed.

Lets face it, any time it is open for the forseeable future - whether pre-grand-opening or post, it will be busy as heck...

Tessa

WDW -Holiday Inn Idrive 98, Virgin 3 bed villa April ,2008, Virgin villa Oct 2010
DLRP - Disneyland Hotel May06, DCR April 12-17 2007
Old 03-26-2010, 01:26 PM   #1626
shl1108
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You announced Wizarding World of Harry Potter travel packages with a travel date of May 28. But today, you announced a June 18 grand opening date. What’s going on? Are the packages still good?
We are confident in our ability to provide those who have already purchased travel packages featuring entitlements in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter the experience they are looking forward to having -- with all the great benefits we have listed and we will make special arrangement to accommodate them. As always, specific operating hours and availability of attractions and shows are subject to change. The June 18 date is meant for a larger, more public, opening.

If I purchased The Wizarding World of Harry Potter package with a travel date of May 28 will I still get to experience all of the rides?
That is our intention and we will make special arrangement to accommodate them but as always, all rides and attractions are subject to availability.

Can I still purchase The Wizarding World of Harry Potter travel package with a travel date of May 28?
We are now sold out of packages with The Wizarding World of Harry Potter entitlements for arrivals prior to June 18. However, packages are still available for purchase after June 18.

Pete
Pete,
when I talked to a rep yesterday, they stated that also included would be people who had booked onsite hotel prior to yesterday for the dates of 5/28-6/17.
I don't see any of that mentioned in your email above.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:28 PM   #1627
Preds
Mouseketeer

I was also told by a rep last night that onsite guest booked prior to yeserday would have access to the WWoHP. And I specifically asked if that included onsite gues who purchased hotel only and was told yes, as a hotel only onsite gues I will have access to WWoHP for our May 28-31 stay.

If this turns out to be untrue, I'm going to be royally pissed at Universal.
Pop Century - April 13-15, 2006, December 24-27, 2006, November 25-29, 2008
Coronado Springs - April 15-21, 2006
All Star Movies - December 21-24, 2006
Hard Rock Hotel (Universal) - May 28-31, 2010
Disney Dream 5-Night Bahamas - August 24-29, 2012
Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo House) - October 10-14, 2013
Boardwalk Villas - September 16-21, 2014
Disney Magic 7-Night Western Caribbean - November 2-9, 2014
Disney Wonder 5-Night Western Caribbean - December 7-12, 2014
Art of Animation (Lion King Suite) - October 1-7, 2015
Old 03-26-2010, 04:10 PM   #1628
Lucky4me
****!

This sounds like crowd control more than anything else at this point.
I predict riots.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #1629
lildamo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky4me View Post
This sounds like crowd control more than anything else at this point.
I predict riots.
I think the issue is that they're anticipating having everything pretty much fully open and operational before May 28th, but don't want to make any promises to anybody unless they absolutely have to to a) not have a huge influx of bookings prior to June 18th and b) cover themselves if it's *not* fully operational by then. Soft openings will more than likely occur considerably earlier than the May 28th date, but for Universal to set a date sets them up for a lot of angry people if they can't follow through on it. Promising access to a much smaller number of people (package holders) isn't as big of a commitment for them, and then they can play the rest by ear.

I really wouldn't be worried about not being able to access anything yet, there are still two months until May 28th and if the past few weeks have been any indication of how fast they can work, a LOT can be done between now and then (and it doesn't look like there's a lot left to do!).
Old 03-26-2010, 04:19 PM   #1630
Lucky4me
****!

Just imagine a million Vernon and Petunia Dursleys with their Dudleys in tow, all trying to get to The Forbidden Journey ride at the same time. Riots I say....
Old 03-26-2010, 04:40 PM   #1631
GenieCat
DIS Veteran

Fire on the HP set - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=12181441

This apparently happened last weekend. Glad to hear everyone is OK.

"When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight."
Old 03-26-2010, 08:16 PM   #1632
shl1108
Mouseketeer

Good news for reservations onsite hotel reservations

Quote:

Pete
I received a confirmation email that yes
from May 28 to June 17, our plan is to offer a
preview of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter to those guests who have
already booked an on-site hotel roomYAHOOOO!!!!

Last edited by shl1108; 03-26-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:19 PM   #1633
mcbailey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shl1108 View Post
"Please know that from May 28 to June 17, our plan is to offer a
already booked an on-site hotel room. Since you have already booked, you
will be able to participate in this preview."

YAHOOOO!!!!
I am bringing that email with me to the gates!
Who-hooooo!!!

I didn't get that e-mail, but I'm psyched if it is true....
Disney - May, 1985 (offsite); July, 1986 (offsite); October 2000 (first time with kids-offsite); Dec. 2001 (Pop Warner-ASsp); Dec. 2005 (Pop Warner-POR); Dec. 2006 (Pop Warner-POR); Dec. 2010 (Pop Warner-POR); Dec. 2011 (Pop Warner-CBR); Sept. 2013 (BWV)

Universal - July, 2006-Hard Rock; June 2010-Royal Pacific (soft opening for HP) ; Oct, 2014 (Booked at RPR again!!)
Old 03-26-2010, 08:33 PM   #1634
Rags
DIS Veteran

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by shl1108 View Post
"Please know that from May 28 to June 17, our plan is to offer a
already booked an on-site hotel room. Since you have already booked, you
will be able to participate in this preview."

YAHOOOO!!!!
I am bringing that email with me to the gates!
Congrats!! How long did it take you to get a response back?
I emailed Universal Guest Services this evening.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:37 PM   #1635
shl1108
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags View Post
Congrats!! How long did it take you to get a response back?
I emailed Universal Guest Services this evening.
Just about 24 hrs
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: