Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 03:49 PM   #1591
lildamo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveLittleToaster2 View Post
I know the dueling dragons and the flight of the hippogriff are both roller coasters....and it seems as though the ride called "Harry potter and the forbidden journey" will be similar to Soarin right?

Will they have any family oriented rides that dont involve coasters or fast movements???
At this time, these are the only three rides in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter area. Flight of the Hippogriff is a family coaster, similar in idea to the Barnstormer (but a much better coaster!).

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is only like Soarin' in that there are probably large projection screens at some point. It is a thrill ride where your car (on a robotic arm) will be jerked around and will definitely involve fast movements.

That being said, you will be able to walk through the castle and not ride Forbidden Journey (which looks to be an attraction in itself and amazing!), and explore all of Hogsmeade.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:58 PM   #1592
shl1108
Mouseketeer

package

We too, did NOT buy the package. But are staying on site for 5 nights in the first week of June. I did look at the package multiple times going back and forth thinking about the $100 for the breakfast in WWHP for 5 of us.
I can not imagine they would let the small number of "package holders" into the WWHP and not onsite guests for those who booked the dates between 5/28-6/17. That is just crazy.
I really hope fire and ice coasters that are now in WWHP are open when we are there.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2010, 04:15 PM   #1593
Melissa612
Earning My Ears

Do you just have to pay the Islands of Adventure admission fee or is there an additional fee for the Harry Potter Park? I've heard conflicting info from people who don't have any sources to back that up!
Old 03-25-2010, 04:20 PM   #1594
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa612 View Post
Do you just have to pay the Islands of Adventure admission fee or is there an additional fee for the Harry Potter Park? I've heard conflicting info from people who don't have any sources to back that up!
There is no additional fee...WWoHP is part of IoA.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:24 PM   #1595
swwake
RIP our sweet Magic (09/27/10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveLittleToaster2 View Post
I know the dueling dragons and the flight of the hippogriff are both roller coasters....and it seems as though the ride called "Harry potter and the forbidden journey" will be similar to Soarin right?

Will they have any family oriented rides that dont involve coasters or fast movements???
lildamo gave you the answers as to the rides. But you should also be aware that there are expected to be many smaller "attractions" and events in Hogsmeade, such as Olivander's wand selection. I think there will be plenty to see and do in the whole area for families of all ages.

Visit my travel blog: Oh, the Places We'll Go!
December 2011 PTR September 2010 Trip Report Oasis of the Seas Cruise TR Las Vegas TR
1974, 1983, 1987, 1989 off property * 1988 DL * 1989 Premiere Cruise & Disney * 1997 ASMu * 1998 CBR * 2000 DL * 2008 BC * 2010 AKL CL * 2011 Poly CL * 2013 CBR
Old 03-25-2010, 04:37 PM   #1596
shl1108
Mouseketeer

Just talked to an agent at Universal. She said that if you booked onsite hotel or have the Harry Potter package, you will have full access into WWHP for the dates 5/28-6/17.
So confusing...
Old 03-25-2010, 04:44 PM   #1597
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shl1108 View Post
Just talked to an agent at Universal. She said that if you booked onsite hotel or have the Harry Potter package, you will have full access into WWHP for the dates 5/28-6/17.
So confusing...
Now that would be more like it. That is what people were being told.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:02 PM   #1598
FINFAN
Mom to Tinkbell
Makes the best Apple Pie on her block!
My driver's license will say "Florida Resident" one day!
I blame Jaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by shl1108 View Post
So confusing...
and thats what we're hoping happens...we booked RPR 6/4 -10 on the PIN code and have the $99 tix. Fortunately we are driving so IF poeple are posting back saying they in fact did not have *full* access,and US/IOA verifies it we MAY adjust our dates to be at the end of our trip instead of at the beginning. I know we will lose the great rate we have, (125) so may just do 2 nights onsite then, and make use of all 7 days of the tix part off site. Either way, the WWOHP still looks WAY COOL!
Dan's IN to the Hall of Fame!

Old 03-25-2010, 05:02 PM   #1599
Poly-Anna
Mouseketeer

Told Universal will honor reservation

I believe shl1108 is correct. I just spoke to a very knowledgable person at Universal reservations regarding my room-only reservation booked for 5/26 - 5/31 and she told me that any hotel reservation booked prior to today's announcement that includes 5/28 to 6/17, whether package or room-only will be allowed access to WWoHP. We will be given a packet of info upon check in and we might be given a specific time to enter. She assured me that my reservation was included in this. That is fine with me even if we can only enter once during our stay, that's better than nothing, and the lines should be very limited.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:09 PM   #1600
lildamo
Mouseketeer

I just called UO reservations and they said it's only package holders who get in starting May 28th...which I really don't believe. For what it's worth though, that's the info I was given...

Then again, I was making a new reservation and hadn't booked before today's date, so we'll see what information comes out in the next couple weeks as they get their story straight!
Old 03-25-2010, 05:11 PM   #1601
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly-Anna View Post
I believe shl1108 is correct. I just spoke to a very knowledgable person at Universal reservations regarding my room-only reservation booked for 5/26 - 5/31 and she told me that any hotel reservation booked prior to today's announcement that includes 5/28 to 6/17, whether package or room-only will be allowed access to WWoHP. We will be given a packet of info upon check in and we might be given a specific time to enter. She assured me that my reservation was included in this. That is fine with me even if we can only enter once during our stay, that's better than nothing, and the lines should be very limited.

Hope this helps.
pheww..so glad I made my ressie at the beginning of this mth. We're going the beginning of June and staying onsite,so looks like we may have lucked out!!
7/91-1st time@ Disney w/Grandparents!(Larsons Lodge),1/92-offsite,3/01-Diplomat Inn,2/02-offsite(car stolen) 7/06-ASMo,10/06-POP(MNSSHP),3/07-POP,7/07-Best Western Lakeside(SW,Cypress Gardens),6/08-Royale Parc Resort(Seaworld & P&PP),11/08-ASMu(MVMCP),6/10-Best Western Lakeside(Epcot/BG),9/10-Super 8 Maingate,2/13-ASsp/Comfort Suites Maingate East,10/13 Rodeway Inn Maingate(F&W),3/14 Royal Pacific,6/14 Rodeway Inn Maingate

Me DH DS(22) DS(13) DD(16) Jasper Precious
Old 03-25-2010, 05:16 PM   #1602
glocon
DIS Veteran

I sure do hope shl1108 got good info regarding reservations that were already made prior to today about onsite guests being able to get into WWoHP!!!! This info has changed my to a glimmering of hope.....
Old 03-25-2010, 05:23 PM   #1603
shl1108
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly-Anna View Post

Hope this helps.
She didn't detail exactly. But you are right, what she said is that if you made your reservations BEFORE today for either onsite or the Harry Potter package, you would have "full access to Harry Potter and all attractions".
Made me happy, but hopefully they are not just saying these things to calm down the crowd.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:24 PM   #1604
lildamo
Mouseketeer

I feel like it's going to take some time for everybody to figure out what the plan is and how they're going to monitor everything over at Universal. I feel like we'll be getting conflicting stories for a little bit yet, but would be surprised if everybody didn't have access to at least frequent soft openings by that point -- they'll need to practice with crowds before opening the area full-time!
Old 03-25-2010, 05:28 PM   #1605
shl1108
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocon View Post
I sure do hope shl1108 got good info regarding reservations that were already made prior to today about onsite guests being able to get into WWoHP!!!! This info has changed my to a glimmering of hope.....
Me too! I was so happy when she said that, that I forgot to ask more specific questions. She was so confident with her answers and did not put me on hold once. Happily told me twice that full acces for package holders and onsite guests that had already reserved.
I did read somewhere about the hp package holders that they would be asked to bring their confirmation email with them to the park for WWHP entrance. So maybe hotel guests bring their confirmation email with date of reservation prior to today for access! Lets hope!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: