Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2010, 02:18 PM   #61
SydneyFalco
Stop asking ME about YOUR stuff... just ask me about MINE! That's what the Internet is for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfTriton View Post
Number one is most definitely walking down Main Street. I almost feel like I'm not truly in Disney until I walk down that street. There is nothing else quite like it, and everyone should experience it at least once! (even non-Disney freaks!)
I use to feel that way about it. I don't any more. Plenty of other things still feel right, but, for me, not that. I'm a bit jealous.
SydneyFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:37 PM   #62
chanty
DIS Veteran

For me it would have to be the escape to this fantasy land... where everything seems magical!!

We love the food...we love the Beach Club...we love seeing the Mickey hand waving at us at the MCO... we love the excitement sitting on the bus...going through the gates of WDW.. weeeehoooo, we're HOME!!

Gosh... I'd go tomorrow if I could!!!

Oct 2003 - Dolphin (engagement year) Oct 2005 - POR - Honeymoon
Oct 2006 - BCV - 1st anniversary Jan 2008 - Pop Century resort
Oct 2010 - BCV & AKV - 5th Anniversary!
Nov 2011 - Pop Century - Biz trip!
Oct 2012 - AoA - Family Vacation!

"Disney. For those that get it, no explanation necessary. For those that don't, no explanation possible."
chanty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2010, 02:41 PM   #63
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

WDW totally re-prioritizes life for me. At WDW my biggest problems are how many attractions can I experience before the next ADR, and which tchotzkes would I most like to add to my collection. When these are the things that matter most, life is good.
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:01 PM   #64
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

I get passionate about MAGIC TIME!!!! That first moment when we walk into MK and get through the tunnel out into the square...I tear up or straight cry every time. It's the moment where everything comes together for me....

I also get passionate about our ADRs!! LOVE FOOD!! Love to eat, and eating at the World is a lot of fun!

I get passionate about ToT!!!! DH and I love this one!!! It makes me scream and get scared and excited all at once.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:32 PM   #65
Absolutely Disney
I could ride it over and over again!

My top three are pin trading, the YC (where we will be staying), and riding Spaceship Earth (My absolute favorite!!!!!!)

This was tough.

Me My daddyMy mom My brother Tricia Molly
Absolutely Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:37 PM   #66
Cdn Gal
DIS Veteran

Seeing the castle. Every time is a magical time!
Old 03-24-2010, 09:28 PM   #67
Jolly Ole Bert
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMGar View Post
You are planning a Disney World trip. What is it about that trip that excites you the most? What are you getting giddy about?
Walking into Epcot: The music in Future World, the atmosphere, the first sight of Spaceship Earth.
Jolly Ole Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:35 PM   #68
djp0630
DIS Veteran

Seeing the excitement of my kids meeting the characters. Also, the food, I love planning the meals, especially character meals.

DS - 5 years old
Twins - DD & DS - 3 years old

Many trips growing up (CBR, Poly, PFQ)
Contemporary - August 2003
BLT- September 2009

BCV - May 2010
BCV - August 2012
djp0630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:17 PM   #69
saradela
DIS Veteran

1.- Mickey Mouse voice in Fantasmic: " some imagination ah!!"

2.-Sweet cheese pretzel

3.-Goofys Pretzels (make your own)

4.-WISHES.-Flying Tink

5.-Tower of Terror

6.-Boma

7.-Ohana

8.- Mickey Mouse character greeting

9.-The vibrant colors all over the place

10.-the feeling that every thing is OK
Old 03-25-2010, 12:17 PM   #70
Guzzi
DIS Veteran

this is gonna be corny but the thing i love most about our disneyworld trips is being able to take the kids on a vacation that they love

I grew up in a family that always had a nice home and enough food in a really good neighborhood, but there were extras for only a couple of years, most years there werent any extras, and only two real family vacations. I never ordered or asked to order books from school because i knew my parents had $ troubles.... so anyway

I get choked up just thinking about being able to take the kids to the world. We usually arrive in orlando and dw about mid day and have lunch at the hotel and hit epcot for a nice dinner. the next morning is the magic moment for me... getting to the Magic Kingdom at rope drop or earlier with a cyrstal palace breakfast, I always pause looking up main street and say a quick thank you to god for being able to give this gift to my kids

Guzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:19 PM   #71
Guzzi
DIS Veteran

why isnt my ticker working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzi View Post
this is gonna be corny but the thing i love most about our disneyworld trips is being able to take the kids on a vacation that they love

I grew up in a family that always had a nice home and enough food in a really good neighborhood, but there were extras for only a couple of years, most years there werent any extras, and only two real family vacations. I never ordered or asked to order books from school because i knew my parents had $ troubles.... so anyway

I get choked up just thinking about being able to take the kids to the world. We usually arrive in orlando and dw about mid day and have lunch at the hotel and hit epcot for a nice dinner. the next morning is the magic moment for me... getting to the Magic Kingdom at rope drop or earlier with a cyrstal palace breakfast, I always pause looking up main street and say a quick thank you to god for being able to give this gift to my kids
why isnt my ticker working

Guzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:20 PM   #72
mking624
DIS Veteran

I'm looking forward to SLEEP!! lol I have a 13 month old son, and a daughter due next month...so yeah, I'm looking forward to sleep.

Actually we're going with two first timers who are our close friends and I can't wait to see everything through their eyes!
; 9/07 - PC, free dining, & MNSSHP;
11/08 - PC & MVMCP
; 6/09 - AKV; 9/10 - POFQ & free dining
9/11 - POFQ, free dining & NOJ/MNSSHP; 10/11 - ASMu & Halloween 5K; 4/12 - Disneyland;
11/12 - ASMu, free dining, and Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon; 5/13 - Disneyland/GC; 5/14 - AKV/PC
mking624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:22 PM   #73
mking624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
why isnt my ticker working
If you got your ticker from Magical Kingdom, read this thread. Otherwise I'm not sure...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2427277
; 9/07 - PC, free dining, & MNSSHP;
11/08 - PC & MVMCP
; 6/09 - AKV; 9/10 - POFQ & free dining
9/11 - POFQ, free dining & NOJ/MNSSHP; 10/11 - ASMu & Halloween 5K; 4/12 - Disneyland;
11/12 - ASMu, free dining, and Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon; 5/13 - Disneyland/GC; 5/14 - AKV/PC
mking624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:38 PM   #74
MMrules
DIS Veteran

Where to start.....
-Walking through the gates, onto Main Street and getting my first glimpse of the buildings and that majestic castle. It makes me feel like I am 5 years old and reliving all the magic that I felt when I was a little girl.
-Stopping in front of the statue of Walt holding Mickey's hand (I have a replica statue at home) while having tears in my eyes...every time!
-seeing Palm trees throughout adventureland (From MA...we don't see them)
-Riding on Pirates of the Caribbean
-watching the monorail travel through Epcot
-Giving Mickey a hug
-getting shivers during the fireworks
-sharing that excitment with my boys has been amazing
-the magical feeling that the Magic Kingdom is there for me to love, enjoy and escape from reality...there is no greater feeling
MMrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:39 PM   #75
DreamnDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That's really sweet! :, I'm sure your kids will always remember being in Disney with you!

DreamnDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: