Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 09:24 AM   #1456
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Mookie, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie

Old 03-21-2010, 09:30 AM   #1457
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Dr. Raymond Holmes, Orlando United

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Raymond Holmes
So guy my GF and I were in the park today and she got some pics of the castle with the lights on. She was trying to post them herself but it is not allowing her account here to do so. All credit goes to Nancy (HHN_dollfie here).

Before the pics would like to add that there was once again another event and there was the "Hogwarts Choir" performing as well as something about the Tri- Wizard tournament....I had heard the tri-wizard speech before but never the choir.

On a side note realized in images we took the other day not only do we have a pic from Honeydukes but next door to it is Zonko's wasn't sure if you guys caught that. (I am not as big of a fan as Nancy is)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2010, 10:28 AM   #1458
Starchat
Earning My Ears

Omg that's amazing! I LOVE Harry Potter. This looks like a dream come true for many!
Old 03-21-2010, 10:33 AM   #1459
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

There is going to be a Frog Choir (as someone mentioned upthread)

At the recent bigwig party, it looks like they were demonstrating this. If you look carefully where I have circled, you can see the wire that goes from the large rock to the back of the demostrators (and presumably into the frog animatronics they are holding on the cushion)

Old 03-21-2010, 10:52 AM   #1460
yaytezIOA
ioacentralveteran

They had another big wig party last night, this time it looked like a retirement part for Tom Williams...though didnt know he was retiring. Anyway, all the train effects were working, and they had the castle lit up all nice and purdy.
Some detailed pics here.
Heard that the Frog choir was in full effect last night, but couldnt hear or get any of it on film. It's just getting cooler and cooler with all the stuff that keeps popping up.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:33 AM   #1461
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of kitfisto92, Orlando United

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitfisto92
Hot off the Press:

http://www.brianorndorf.com/2010/03/...ate-32210.html

Of interest...

Nice "full" view of Hogsmeade entrance

This makes me hungry!

Nice Hog's Head sign to the left. I don't recall seeing this before

Indeed the garbage cans are (or at least this one is) on wheels. Seems like they must be temporary

Beautiful shot of Hogwarts

I've never seen this part of the castle so "close-up"

Full shot of FJ entrance [lol i just noticed that damn tree is blocking our view of the test seats!]

Greenhouse queue is looking good!

--- Update ---

Here's the archway brightened up... not too much inside, just gets me more excited to see what else is in there!!
Old 03-22-2010, 10:15 AM   #1462
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

WOW! It looks soooo AWESOME at night!!! We are getting so excited - re-watching the movies will be a big part of our summer fun this year, building up to our end-of-summer trip! Thanks for all the updates, everyone!!

Old 03-22-2010, 10:19 AM   #1463
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

I don't know why people say those garbage cans are on wheels. They are on feet similar to a cauldron.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:08 PM   #1464
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
I don't know why people say those garbage cans are on wheels. They are on feet similar to a cauldron.
I didn't think they looked like wheels either.

They look like little peg-legs.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:14 PM   #1465
ellenmiele

Mouseketeer

it all looks pretty close to ready....

5/02(Poly),4/03(Poly),4/04(WL),10/04(BW),4/05(CR),4/06(AK and GF),4/07(BCV),12/07(SSR), 6/08 (DCL Wonder and BWV), 4/09 (SSR and Poly), 4/10 (AKV-Kidani Village and BLT) 4/11 (Universal HRH for WWoHP and then HHI villas), 4/12 (OKW), 11/12 (BWV for Grandma and Grandpa's 50th anniversary!), 3/13 (OKW), and next we sail the Dream then head on to the Villas at the Grand Floridian!

WL FLAG FAMILY 4/18/04
Old 03-22-2010, 07:33 PM   #1466
Poly-Anna
Mouseketeer

Amazing how far they've come.

I can't believe the difference in pictures in say just the past month. They have accomplished so much! I cannot wait til our trip May 26 - 31! So psyched to stay at PBH again, our favorite hotel. Can't wait to see HP! Come on May!

Last edited by Poly-Anna; 03-22-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:44 AM   #1467
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Felipe, Orlando United

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe
There is what looks like a tank of sorts behind a ladder there... weird... Also, I was really hoping it was more than just a storage area, but it seems that it will be just that. I guess they do need a storage area on that side for merchandise and food/consumables that will be sold on carts on that side of the WWoHP. Maybe one day they will remodel it and create another shop there... Maybe one day we’ll see Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop? It is actually a place in Hogsmeade and since we have a restaurant and a pub... why not a tea shop/coffee house? In my opinion they will need another “food venue”. The Three Broomsticks and Hogs Head Pub are not enough for the constant huge crowds that will fill up the WWoHP. As much as I understand that there are plenty of other restaurants around IoA, I'm sure people will specifically want to have food from the novel WWoHP land! I know I will!

Please God and Universal listen to dreamcat!! Passholder preview PLEASEEEE!!! I am already infuriated that people are getting to have special VIP events there and I can't see it yet!!

PS: I forgot to make another mention that in person it is obvious that they have indeed re-painted fire dragon’s track to a dark red/maroon. We never saw them do it, so it is possible and we can hope that once they close it again for the final transformation, ice will be re-painted too to a relevant color for the Horntail dragon... I, too, loved the orange seen on the commercial.

Oh! and also, the part of the queue I saw was just like before (a cavernous hallway) but sans skeletons, and the lights on the walls were these square, oriental lantern looking lights with simple metal frames and frosted (Plexi)glass.

Anyways, here are some of the few pics I took Saturday night:

OH! And if you have a quarter to spare, you HAVE to try looking at Hogwarts through this telescope thingy! (In Port of Entry? right between Marvel and Seuss)

A couple of others pics (same stuff, different angles) are here: http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...010/?start=all

--- Update ---

PS: Time for ^this^ post is 1:19 am ...
Old 03-23-2010, 09:53 PM   #1468
sammielynn
DIS Veteran

I can't wait until tomorrow to see when the big day is. I just know we are going to miss it by a day or two. We will be there May 15 - 22.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:05 PM   #1469
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammielynn View Post
I can't wait until tomorrow to see when the big day is. I just know we are going to miss it by a day or two. We will be there May 15 - 22.
They tell us on Thursday, not tomorrow. (please don't hit me!)

I think that you will probably have soft openings when you are there.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:22 PM   #1470
Pikester
DIS Veteran

I'm keeping a very close eye on this thread. Can't wait until Thursday!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: