Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2010, 04:56 PM   #10
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhpools View Post
I never needed this for my child. She was the type if I stopped she bumped into me, but I do understand others need.

But the child "leashes" do entertain me and they give me a giggle.
I had the same. My DD always clung to my hand like a vice. However I am not opposed to whatever works for a parent. Having said that, as Easter visitors (until this year) to WDW, exiting a park at closing is somewhat scary and DD panics if she thinks she has "lost" me. What I did was to purchase a wrist rein (as we call them in the UK). It is basically a "leish" that goes round the parent and child's wrists, with a length-adjustable strap linking you. I always made sure we had belt loops on our shorts/jeans and attached us at the waist. We still held hands, but she had that security that I would feel the tugging if we were being separated and gave us both a boost of peace of mind. As we reached the turnstiles I would detach her end and wrap it round my waist. She was 7 last trip. Sometimes you just have to be a bit creative. If it works for you, go for it. If not, don't bother.

Off topic I know, but rhpools, I see we are going at exactly the same time! This is my first October trip. I assume it will be a "no leish required trip" with lower crowds?

[Engaged to the man of my dreams at WDW, Summer 2014

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: