Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2010, 02:28 AM   #1
tinkerbell198530
Mouseketeer

Assistance might be needed

I am getting nervace about the drill. I am not a typical crusiser by that I mean by that I can't do stairs very well is there some one to help me up and down the staris so as you can tell I use a elevater when ever possibal
tinkerbell198530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:40 AM   #2
Andrew DEREK UK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell198530 View Post
I am getting nervous about the drill. I am not a typical cruiser by that I mean by that I can't do stairs very well is there some one to help me up and down the stairs so as you can tell I use a elevator when ever possible
Contact DCL, submit a medical form if required and they will make arrangements for you, it isn't something to worry about.

Muster stations are on deck 4, so to minimize, any stairs you can book on a deck like 5/6 which isn't that far an just down a bit.
Andrew DEREK UK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2010, 03:18 AM   #3
nvcruiser
They say that there's one person meant to be with you... I think mine either got hit by a truck or fell down a well and forgot who they were looking for!

My first cruise was with my cousin, who is in a wheelchair. We just made sure we left our room about 15 mins before the drill was to start and used the elevators (we were on 7, the drill is on deck 4). It wasn't a big deal and the crew members are amazing at getting you where you need to be! Don't stress it! It'll be fine!
Western Caribbean (with my mommy)- March 12
nvcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:50 AM   #4
tinkerbell198530
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvcruiser View Post
My first cruise was with my cousin, who is in a wheelchair. We just made sure we left our room about 15 mins before the drill was to start and used the elevators (we were on 7, the drill is on deck 4). It wasn't a big deal and the crew members are amazing at getting you where you need to be! Don't stress it! It'll be fine!
I love that idea txs
Old 03-21-2010, 08:58 AM   #5
clten
DIS Veteran

I also suggest you don't rush back after the drill. If the crew members know you have a mobility issue, they may tell you that you can leave a couple minutes before everyone else. Don't do that because it isn't very much head start. I suggest you wait 5-10 minutes after everyone leaves (there will be a couple of places you can sit and wait). Then you can get the elevator and go back to your room to return your life vest.
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:18 AM   #6
tinkerbell198530
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clten View Post
I also suggest you don't rush back after the drill. If the crew members know you have a mobility issue, they may tell you that you can leave a couple minutes before everyone else. Don't do that because it isn't very much head start. I suggest you wait 5-10 minutes after everyone leaves (there will be a couple of places you can sit and wait). Then you can get the elevator and go back to your room to return your life vest.
I am geting there 15 mintuts prior 2 the drill and not leaving untill after the elevaters are operating again
Old 03-21-2010, 09:19 AM   #7
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

There's no need to submit a medical form just to use the elevator for the muster drill. Just talk to the crew members stationed by them and they will let you use the elevators. My parents had mobility issues on stairs and never had a problems using the elevator before/after the drill just be talking to the crew members.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:21 AM   #8
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell198530 View Post
I am geting there 15 mintuts prior 2 the drill and not leaving untill after the elevaters are operating again
The elevators remain in operation. You don't need to get there that early, 5 minutes is plenty of time to allow. You can also leave when everyone else does and just use the elevator once you let the crew member know your situation.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:27 AM   #9
tinkerbell198530
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
The elevators remain in operation. You don't need to get there that early, 5 minutes is plenty of time to allow. You can also leave when everyone else does and just use the elevator once you let the crew member know your situation.
Thank you so much
Old 03-22-2010, 12:37 PM   #10
lesley227
Earning My Ears

Just got back from Magic w/handicapped child. Elevators ARE working and usable during drill, and surprisingly uncrowded both before and after the drill.
lesley227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:02 PM   #11
kcashner
DIS Veteran

If you notify your muster section leader of your mobility problem you will be released from the drill about 5 minutes early and allowed to use the elevators. There are CMs there with elevator keys--only those who need them can get on at that time.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: