Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2010, 12:37 AM   #1
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Magic in the Bayou...POR April 28-May 3

Here we go...my first PTR!! I can now officially join the crew of "non-lurkers!"

Since I've spent the past few hours reading other DISers' PTRs, I'll start off slow with the cast of characters:

Me (30)...Jen...happily married to my high school sweetheart, proud mommy to a beautiful little girl, very amateur photographer, grateful for all the DIS folk for supporting my paycheck by shopping for goodie bag items in Target's dollar section!

DH (31)...Jed...loving hubby and daddy, extremely talented A/V installer, lifetime enthusiast of anything to do with customizing vehicles.

DD (4)...Princess Jilly (aka our "little love bug")...thinks mommy and daddy are "da best," loves anything to do with art, music and television/movies, often fulfills requests to sing "Pants on the Ground."

And finally one of all of us:

More details coming soon!

Jen DH Jed DD4 Jilly

Offsite?? 1984 & 1992, ASports 2001, WL *Our Honeymoon* 2003

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6mrfqhektawhjn.png[/img]

Last edited by littlelovebug; 03-20-2010 at 12:43 AM.
littlelovebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 02:46 AM   #2
beccamarie
Mouseketeer

Cute family! Can't wait to hear more!

Me DH DS 14 DD 8 : DD 6

Our First Trip: July 18, 2010 at Royal Pacific Resort/ Floridays

Next Trip: 2012 ONSITE! Can't wait~
beccamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2010, 03:20 AM   #3
MikeandSulley
Mouseketeer

Super cute! I've been thinking about starting my own trip report, maybe I'll get inspired.
MikeandSulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 05:28 PM   #4
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccamarie View Post
Cute family! Can't wait to hear more!
Thanks! I'm glad to finally have found an outlet for my trip planning madness! I hope your first family trip is full of magic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandSulley View Post
Super cute! I've been thinking about starting my own trip report, maybe I'll get inspired.
I know!! Isn't it so hard not to share all of your hard work once you read through all of the other trip reports?? Let me know when you start!

Offsite 1984, 92 & 97, ASSports 2001, WL *Our Honeymoon* September 2003, POR *Jilly's First Trip* May 2010, POR *Anniversary/Jax's First Trip* September 2013
A Tale As Old As Time - Sept '13 PTR
"Mommy, this time it's all of our first times." April 28-May 3 TR
Magic In the Bayou...April 28-May 3 PTR
Old 03-20-2010, 05:36 PM   #5
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Adorable little girl you have there. Love the tinkerbell costume!

Have a fabulous trip!
Old 03-20-2010, 05:37 PM   #6
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Aw! Your little girl is absolutely adorable!

Can't wait to hear the details you're planning for this trip!

lauren_elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 06:07 PM   #7
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Port Orleans Riverside...to dine or not to dine???

So, like many of you, I spent a lot of time planning this trip before DH actually gave me the thumbs up to book it...

After months of sulking (but not outright begging...I'm above that...and I knew he would eventually cave...) and a nice tax return, he finally said yes! (What would a PTR be without the dancing banana???)

Immediately I grabbed the laptop and showed him the two resorts I had in mind...my first choice was POR, and my second choice was POP (figured I needed a value in there to soften the blow). Thankfully he agreed with my first choice and I booked online that night!

Here are some of the things I took into consideration when selecting POR:

1) I knew the parks could be a bit of a sensory overload for DD4, and the more laid-back theming of the resort would be a nice break from the bright colors and huge characters.
2) When comparing package prices, it was only about $300 cheaper to stay at POP. With the free giftcard promotion, a moderate comes with a $500 giftcard and a value comes with a $300 one. Using my DIS math, that only comes to a $100 savings to stay at the value, right??
3) I'm a pretty light sleeper and I hear many horror stories about the thin walls at the value resorts!

So my next decision was...to dine or not to dine? When we visited for our honeymoon, I swear we spent about $1000 on food for the two of us, and it's not like we were going out looking for the most elite dining experiences! I figured a dining package would definitely be the right choice for us, and I finally decided on the QSDP. DD4 has an even shorter attention span than most kids her age (I keep waiting for her to get kicked out of her ballet class for making faces in the mirror while the other kids are doing plies... ) which usually equals a rushed and stressful restaurant experience for us. Also, since this is her first trip, I didn't want to rely so heavily on scheduled activities every day. Instead I only made one ADR for Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner at 1900 Park Fare (more on why I chose this later...) which we will pay for with our free giftcard! I've invested lots and lots and lots of time into researching the best possible uses for our CS and snack credits, so please let me know what you think when I get around to posting!

Thanks for following along! Hopefully I can post more after Princess Jilly's birthday party tomorrow!

Offsite 1984, 92 & 97, ASSports 2001, WL *Our Honeymoon* September 2003, POR *Jilly's First Trip* May 2010, POR *Anniversary/Jax's First Trip* September 2013

Last edited by littlelovebug; 03-23-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:10 PM   #8
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
Adorable little girl you have there. Love the tinkerbell costume!

Have a fabulous trip!
Thanks! The costume was a Christmas gift this year! Looks like you'll be in the World soon...hope you have a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Aw! Your little girl is absolutely adorable!

Can't wait to hear the details you're planning for this trip!
Thanks, I think so too, but I am a little biased... I hope to post more details soon! Thanks for reading along!

Old 03-20-2010, 06:13 PM   #9
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

actually we just got back from our trip.. I'm having withdrawls while doing my TR.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #10
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Beautiful family! You've not said when you're thinking of going, but for now, since you've labeled this a pre-trip report, I'm going to move you to that subsection. If I'm wrong, shoot me a PM and I'll move you back!

Thanks so much for sharing! I can't wait to hear more. Love your "Fuzzy Disney Math" (FDM, for short) by the way. My DIS gang would be so proud!
Old 03-20-2010, 08:39 PM   #11
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Yall are going to love POR, I'm sure! I've never stayed there, but it's a gorgeous resort.

I love doing the dining plans! It's so nice going on the trip knowing a big portion, if not all, of the food is paid for! Makes it more of that all-inclusive feel.

lauren_elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:53 AM   #12
MikeandSulley
Mouseketeer

I've wanted to stay at POR for a while, haven't gotten around to it yet. It looks so beautiful from the pictures. Can't wait to hear more.

Hope Jilly has a great birthday party!

"Wait, there's no line at Stitch, we should at least try it..."

August 1992: Offsite - May 2007: POP! - May 2008: POP! - May 2009: All-Star Movies - May 2010: All-Star Sports - June 2010: Disneyland! - September 2010: Disneyland! - May 2011: Disneyland! - September 2011: POP! - November 2012: Disneyland! - November 2013: Bonnet Creek - October 2014: Disneyland! - November/December 2014: Bonnet Creek
MikeandSulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:14 PM   #13
jenniferkeala808
DIS Veteran

hello Jen! Thanks for checking out my PTR! Now i'm here to check yours out! You and your family are soo cute! Especially your little princess! yay for POR. As you've read in my PTR, we've extended our trip so we will be experiencing POR as well. I can't wait!! I really want to do a carriage ride! So romantic! I actually BOOKED our flights without telling my boyfriend! lol! I also showed my boyfriend a value (All Star Music) and CBR. He HATED the value! He said "that's for kids". lol!! Good! I wanted to stay in a moderate anyway!

Yay for the dining plan! Can't wait to hear more! (gotta add that in for kicks )

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRINCESS JILLY! (Can't wait to see pictures!)
jenniferkeala808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:32 PM   #14
deslynnpatterson
we will be married for 5 years:) and will be spending it in disney:)

I am joining in Your family is adorable I can't wait to here more of your plans and more about POR

deslynnpatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:53 PM   #15
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
Beautiful family! You've not said when you're thinking of going, but for now, since you've labeled this a pre-trip report, I'm going to move you to that subsection. If I'm wrong, shoot me a PM and I'll move you back!

Thanks so much for sharing! I can't wait to hear more. Love your "Fuzzy Disney Math" (FDM, for short) by the way. My DIS gang would be so proud!
Thanks, I did mean to post in the pre-trip report section...rookie move!!

Glad I have your support with the FDM!!!!

Last edited by littlelovebug; 03-21-2010 at 11:34 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: