Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 04:58 AM   #1411
Howellsy
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeToLove View Post
On a different note: SPOILERS!!!!!

Ok, so I am a self proclaimed Slytherin and rather sneaky and unethical at times. So, when this person I know, who has something to do with Potterland, (and that's all I'll give away for their protection ), was having a private conversation about Forbidden Journey, I of course eavesdropped in on it. (Really, they should know better than to talk about these things in earshot of a die hard HP geek and Slytherin to boot ).

This person was talking about the pre viz they had seen of the new ride,(which lots of people have seen, Universal, so stop trying to figure out who it was! ) I overheard that we will NOT be going upside down, but we will feel as though we are flying at a 90 degree angle..... while trying to avoid being eaten! Also, at least once, we will link up to a large screen which will make us feel as though we are right there in the middle of the action during a Quidditch match!!!!! There was more, but I better keep that to myself until I know it's not going to give away anyone's identity.
That sounds SOO amazing!! Thanks for the underhanded eavesdropping I really wish I could go this year now
Old 03-18-2010, 06:09 AM   #1412
atricks
Mouseketeer

We went for a walkaround last night right before close and overheard a few mentions of Warner Brothers Executives and JK Rowling herself were going to show up an hour or so after the park closed yesterday. For a big walk-through and one more big chance for JK to comment and suggest anything else. Actor rehearsals are starting to bleed into the area itself too. It's getting really close.

They had effects going (including an owl we could see going in and out of one of the building towers) and an event setting up on the lower half of the Jurassic Park discovery center and outside it overlooking the lagoon. A new temporary gate has been put at the entrance to Hogsmeade from Lost Continent.

It seems Dueling Dragons will reopen during the peak of spring break, and may close down again briefly just after Easter to finally change to the Challenge, but that could get altered.

Last edited by atricks; 03-18-2010 at 07:41 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2010, 08:36 AM   #1413
RedSox68
DIS Veteran

I love these boards. I can't believe y'all have 95+ pages for a park that isn't even open yet

Lots of terrific pictures, comments and speculation and I've enjoyed trying to catch up.

We too are very excited about this park. We're not going until next year though, but will most definitely look forward to everyone's reports. Good luck to those going on opening day! Hope you get to see some famous faces!

Nov. 2000 -- Disney Wonder -- 4-night Bahama
Nov. 2002 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
Aug. 2004 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
Aug. 2005 -- Disney Magic -- 14-night Panama Canal
Aug. 2006 -- Disney Wonder -- 10 night Southern Caribbean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic -- 10-night Mediterranean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic -- 14-night Transatlantic
Aug. 2008 -- NCL Pride of America -- 7-night Hawaiian & Vow Renewal
Oct. 2009 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
July 2010 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days covering the West
May 2011 -- Disney Dream -- 4-night Bahama
June 2011 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days finishing the West and South!
May 2012 -- HAL Zaandam -- 7-night Alaska cruise/12 night cruisetour (thus completing our 50th state!)
August 2013 -- Carnival Glory -- 4-night NYC to St John, NB
Sept 2013 -- HAL Eurodam -- 10-night Colors of Canada/NE Cruise from Quebec to NYC
Dec. 2014 -- Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern with San Juan port (our platinum cruise & 4th Disney ship!)
August 2015 -- Royal Princess -- 12-night British Isles Cruise R/T from Southampton
Old 03-18-2010, 09:04 AM   #1414
Claire-Bear
DIS Veteran

Vid link that's been posted on OU: http://www.clickorlando.com/video/22872873/index.html

So glad to see that Hipp ride is operational and that FJ has a wait time board now!!
Old 03-18-2010, 09:54 AM   #1415
tttessa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSox68 View Post
I love these boards. I can't believe y'all have 95+ pages for a park that isn't even open yet

Lots of terrific pictures, comments and speculation and I've enjoyed trying to catch up.

We too are very excited about this park. We're not going until next year though, but will most definitely look forward to everyone's reports. Good luck to those going on opening day! Hope you get to see some famous faces!
you remember the "Itsnatazoo" with Animal Kingdom - I'm starting to feel that way with the WWoHP - "Itsnatapark" its "only" an additional island of IOA.

OK it's a significant addition for those who are nuts about HP, but hey ho - it's 3 rides - only one of which can be ridden by little ones and a few shops and restaurants with a load of theming and (probably) animatronics in between... Attractions to include "your" wand picking you -mmm great marketing strategy....., possibly the sorting hat - how to get folks to buy stuff from all the houses ... especially red/gold scarves in Florida at the height of summer

Don't get me wrong - I'm excited and am a big fan of HP, BUT people keep hyping this up as if it's a whole new holiday destination, and I'm sure it will lead to disappointment....

Tessa

WDW -Holiday Inn Idrive 98, Virgin 3 bed villa April ,2008, Virgin villa Oct 2010
DLRP - Disneyland Hotel May06, DCR April 12-17 2007
Old 03-18-2010, 09:58 AM   #1416
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Anyone else notice that all the buildings in Hogsmeade have snow on the roofs, but Hogwarts doesn't. How does that happen?

Thanks everyone for all the great updates. Now I'm really getting excited. October isn't coming fast enough.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:59 AM   #1417
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tttessa View Post
you remember the "Itsnatazoo" with Animal Kingdom - I'm starting to feel that way with the WWoHP - "Itsnatapark" its "only" an additional island of IOA.

OK it's a significant addition for those who are nuts about HP, but hey ho - it's 3 rides - only one of which can be ridden by little ones and a few shops and restaurants with a load of theming and (probably) animatronics in between... Attractions to include "your" wand picking you -mmm great marketing strategy....., possibly the sorting hat - how to get folks to buy stuff from all the houses ... especially red/gold scarves in Florida at the height of summer

Don't get me wrong - I'm excited and am a big fan of HP, BUT people keep hyping this up as if it's a whole new holiday destination, and I'm sure it will lead to disappointment....

Tessa
It sounds like a lot of websites are throwing out a bunch of misinformation. I read one the other day that said the Flying Hippogriff lets you soar above Hogwarts and that you can ride the train to Hogsmeade.

Mugglenet itself has put a bunch of info out there that isn't true. That is one huge downside to the internet. Anyone can put out there whatever they want. There is no way Universal can control this misinformation.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:02 AM   #1418
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

With the opening of WWoHP right around the corner, I imagine rumours are going to run rampant all over the internet quoting "official" sources as to what you can expect. I doubt 99.999% of this information will be true so take what you read with a grain of salt.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:04 AM   #1419
Claire-Bear
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=damo;35880325] I read one the other day that said the Flying Hippogriff lets you soar above Hogwarts and that you can ride the train to Hogsmeade.
QUOTE]

Yeah, and that was from a News broadcast! Bad really
Old 03-18-2010, 11:36 AM   #1420
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"

imo, if you are a "Potterhead", you won't be disappointed.

That said, we are NOT Potterheads, but did watch our niece's Potter movies just so we could appreciate what Universal is building. I'm not going in with any heightened expectations...therefore, I can't be dissappointed.

Universal hasn't disappointed us yet...they do things VERY good

Old 03-18-2010, 05:44 PM   #1421
armstrong80
Earning My Ears

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....1370570&ref=mf
Old 03-18-2010, 05:50 PM   #1422
oliver200137724
Mouseketeer

Ok, I was just checking my facebook account and i had signed up as a fan on the UO fan club and it had this video on its comments. The video is saying that March 25 is when they are going to release the date for the openning.

So, my question would be why if they are going to open in May, would they announce so early.... could they be openning sooner? Any thoughs?

Im leaving on the 28th, three day's after the announcement keeping my fingers crossed

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...1370570&ref=nf
March 2008 - offsite(Comfort Inn - LB)
March 2009 - offsite(Comfort Inn - LB)
March 28-April 4 2010 - offsite
(Lexington Suites near Univeral)

Sharon:cheer2
Old 03-18-2010, 06:04 PM   #1423
Rags
DIS Veteran

Talking

Woo Hoo!! Can't wait to find out when the grand opening is!!!
Old 03-18-2010, 06:24 PM   #1424
Natasha&Matt
I fancy Prince Eric

So exciting!! roll on next thursday!!!

May 2005 All star Movies May 2008 Pop Century September 2009 Newport Bay Club
May 2010 Enclave Suites/Hard Rock Hotel Club/Pop Century

Old 03-18-2010, 06:38 PM   #1425
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver200137724 View Post
Ok, I was just checking my facebook account and i had signed up as a fan on the UO fan club and it had this video on its comments. The video is saying that March 25 is when they are going to release the date for the openning.
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...1370570&ref=nf
finally!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: