Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 08:09 AM   #1396
ready4mouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by universalfan View Post
You may want to take this with a grain (or a shaker) of salt, but someone on OrlandoUnited just posted that the WWOHP is scheduled to begin soft openings on April 9. Again, I cannot attest to the veracity of this statement. However, the poster in question does appear to have an inside track. Go check it out at www.orlandounited.com.

That would be FANTASTIC!!!! I'm not even telling my kids it's a possibility (we'll be there at the end of April...) but I'm holding my breath! I think the timing makes sense- the Easter crowds will be gone so they'll have a "reasonable" crowd to open it with...

I'm also hoping that this won't bring in the big crowds during the week- I think they'll be waiting until after May 28th...At least that's what I hope for my sake!
Old 03-17-2010, 08:35 AM   #1397
joemo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver200137724 View Post
Universal's Website states that it will be closed until March 18th.. so it should reopen March 19th. So, hopefully it will be open when u are there.
Thanks v much. Well I'm glad - not sure how the other family members will react!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2010, 11:02 AM   #1398
Kimberlyfamilyfv
DIS Veteran

There's a Frog Choir that will perform five times day, Holt said, adding, “This is very top secret, so you're the first one's to hear about it.”

quote from florida newspaper

http://www.theledger.com/article/201...9745?p=3&tc=pg
Old 03-17-2010, 11:14 AM   #1399
PegIra
DIS Veteran

I have really been saying I thought they would have it open to some degree in time for the Easter crowd. Sure hope I am right. We will be there 2 weeks after Easter, so am keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:46 AM   #1400
DecaturDad
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by universalfan View Post
You may want to take this with a grain (or a shaker) of salt, but someone on OrlandoUnited just posted that the WWOHP is scheduled to begin soft openings on April 9. Again, I cannot attest to the veracity of this statement. However, the poster in question does appear to have an inside track. Go check it out at www.orlandounited.com.

Of course. We check out on the 9th. I was debating what time to strat driving back to Atlanta. It may be a late drive....
Old 03-17-2010, 12:39 PM   #1401
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Some stuff going on there today. Looks like costumed employees are preparing for an influx of executives.

New gates have gone up.

http://twitpic.com/photos/DisFreakBrent
Old 03-17-2010, 01:26 PM   #1402
MadeToLove
The Ultimate Potterholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Some stuff going on there today. Looks like costumed employees are preparing for an influx of executives.

New gates have gone up.
That looks promising.

I've suspected that those tents behind the Three Broomsticks were more than likely temporary, and set up for press or for an outdoor cocktail thing.

Since the back part of Hogsmead and the Hogwarts gate areas are not ready to open, I suspect that DD/DC will be entering from the front of Hogsmead this weekend. It makes sense. The front has been ready for a couple of weeks now. It's paved and painted and all the details are in place. You could tell from the NBC video that at the very least, the window fronts of Honeydukes and Zonkos are ready, (although I'm not sure they are ready to open on the inside. Take it from someone who knows, there is a lot of HP merchandise out there, and some of the manufacturers are faster at getting the stuff out than others).

Also, the new/future entrance to DD/DC is from a courtyard behind the train station. I think some of you are going to get very close to a certain train this weekend thru the Easter break , (before they have to close DD/DC back down to finish the refit, because I don't think the final plan was to have those tracks red and blue, seems like an old mock up had them looking more golden, can't remember for sure).

So, I expect to see lots of pictures of Wizards and Witches waiting to board the Hogwarts express this weekend!!!!!

On a different note: SPOILERS!!!!!

Ok, so I am a self proclaimed Slytherin and rather sneaky and unethical at times. So, when this person I know, who has something to do with Potterland, (and that's all I'll give away for their protection ), was having a private conversation about Forbidden Journey, I of course eavesdropped in on it. (Really, they should know better than to talk about these things in earshot of a die hard HP geek and Slytherin to boot ).

This person was talking about the pre viz they had seen of the new ride,(which lots of people have seen, Universal, so stop trying to figure out who it was! ) I overheard that we will NOT be going upside down, but we will feel as though we are flying at a 90 degree angle..... while trying to avoid being eaten! Also, at least once, we will link up to a large screen which will make us feel as though we are right there in the middle of the action during a Quidditch match!!!!! There was more, but I better keep that to myself until I know it's not going to give away anyone's identity.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:49 PM   #1403
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

I don't think the tents are temporary. They were in the models art. I think they will be needed for extra seating just like at Enchanted Oak.

Last edited by damo; 03-17-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #1404
honeybee8200
Mouseketeer

The tents are permanent as there are now tables and chairs there. Just some extra seating for the Three Broomsticks.

Is anyone else having issues with OU coming up? It figures, the day the execs are there and I can't get on!

Finally going on our first ever family vacation. Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, SeaWorld, Magic Kingdom and Free Dining*ugrading to Deluxe Dining*! Sounds like heaven to me.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:30 PM   #1405
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee8200 View Post
The tents are permanent as there are now tables and chairs there. Just some extra seating for the Three Broomsticks.

Is anyone else having issues with OU coming up? It figures, the day the execs are there and I can't get on!

I can't get OU to load either.

edited: now I can!

Last edited by damo; 03-17-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:46 PM   #1406
ms_flo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I don't understand. Can you elaborate?

And what is OU?
Quote:
I can't get OU to load either.
Sorry I don't have time to figure it out myself. DD & I are working on packing her suitcase as we speak!
Thanks!
March 2009...Pop Century
March 2010...Fantasy World

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/uwdkfy85fail609u.png[/img]

Thank you Walt!!
Old 03-17-2010, 06:03 PM   #1407
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_flo View Post
I don't understand. Can you elaborate?

And what is OU?

Sorry I don't have time to figure it out myself. DD & I are working on packing her suitcase as we speak!
Thanks!
There are new gates between the new Hogsmeade area and the old Lost Continent as you can see in the twitpics posted.

OU is Orlando United. It is the board with all the info. www.orlandounited.com
Old 03-17-2010, 07:05 PM   #1408
ms_flo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
There are new gates between the new Hogsmeade area and the old Lost Continent as you can see in the twitpics posted.

OU is Orlando United. It is the board with all the info. www.orlandounited.com
You mean there are other boards besides the DISboards?!

I'm still confused about the gates. Sorry. Are you talking about the "Gates & hogs set" picture? I'm not sure what I'm looking at there. Unfortunately the Hogsmeade/Lost Continent reference doesn't help me. (Is there a dunce cap smiley?) It's been over 10 years since we were at US/IoA, so...

Am I right to assume that the "Om" & "No baracade!" pictures are of the same spot in the park? ...I'm thinking the outer wall in the "Om" picture was a temporary wall that was taken down while you were there, and you took "before" & "after" pictures. And I'm assuming that the walls in the "Chefs", "Security..." & "Kilts..." pictures are also temporary...

Thanks for your time. Your pics are creating a great deal of excitement at my house!
...even if we're not completely sure just exactly what it is that we're looking at!!
March 2009...Pop Century

Thank you Walt!!
Old 03-17-2010, 09:09 PM   #1409
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_flo View Post
You mean there are other boards besides the DISboards?!

I'm still confused about the gates. Sorry. Are you talking about the "Gates & hogs set" picture? I'm not sure what I'm looking at there. Unfortunately the Hogsmeade/Lost Continent reference doesn't help me. (Is there a dunce cap smiley?) It's been over 10 years since we were at US/IoA, so...

Am I right to assume that the "Om" & "No baracade!" pictures are of the same spot in the park? ...I'm thinking the outer wall in the "Om" picture was a temporary wall that was taken down while you were there, and you took "before" & "after" pictures. And I'm assuming that the walls in the "Chefs", "Security..." & "Kilts..." pictures are also temporary...

Thanks for your time. Your pics are creating a great deal of excitement at my house!
...even if we're not completely sure just exactly what it is that we're looking at!!
Those aren't my pictures (just someone on twitter) so I'll just try my best to describe what I see. However, if you go here http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/...Potter/page610

you will see similar pictures but just larger and in much better definition and description. I recommend looking in detail through that very long thread. You will soon be very familiar with the area.

There used to be a rough wall up at the entrance to Hogsmeade. It has been replaced today by a new wall with a nice new gate. It looks like it is made to open and close for soft openings but will come down completely when the area opens.

The costumes you see are the new outfits for the employees who will be working in that area.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:46 PM   #1410
ms_flo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Those aren't my pictures (just someone on twitter) so I'll just try my best to describe what I see.
That's very kind of you.

Quote:
OH MY GOODNESS!!! I could stay up ALL night looking through that!!
The recent stuff is very exciting. Thanks for the link!
Quote:
There used to be a rough wall up at the entrance to Hogsmeade. It has been replaced today by a new wall with a nice new gate.
So both of the twitter pictures are of the new wall & gate, not before & after shots?

Quote:
The costumes you see are the new outfits for the employees who will be working in that area.
Just the fact that there are workers showing up in their new outfits makes me hopeful! Just getting to walk through & look at the staging would tickle me pink!

Thanks again!!
March 2009...Pop Century

Thank you Walt!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: