Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
CinRell
DIS Veteran

Help me convince my boyfriend Disney is NOT "just for kids".. with PICTURES!

Please help me... I can talk about Disney til I'm blue in the face or the fact it can be romantic or that there are fun activities FOR ADULTS... (though I admit I love the kid stuff more than anything!).... but my boyfriend wants more proof disney isn't just a giant playground aimed toward children we will have to dodge our entire trip (if I can convince him to go).

Can you post pics of fun/romantic/adventurous, etc etc etc things you did on an adult only trip? Thank you!!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 02:52 PM   #2
dpmfloyd
DIS Veteran

my girlfriend (29) and i (30) went in january - had a BLAST

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dpmfloy...7623212748989/

disney is great for couples! especially downtown disney.
dpmfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2010, 04:21 PM   #3
ZephyrHawk
I can nicker too, but I'm not nearly as embarrassed about that
Please don't ski with your kid on a leash
I firmly believe in ghostly figments of my imagination

Would your BF appreciate a list of the best "make out" locations on property?

Any place with high quality adult restaurants, hot tubs and late night fireworks shows is not entirely for kids.

Polynesian Village (1983), Polynesian Village (1986), Grand Floridian (1989), All Star Sports (1997), Disneyland (1998), All Star Movies (2000), Port Orleans - French Quarter (2001), All Star Music (2002), Disneyland (2004), Wilderness Lodge (2007), Pop Century (2010), Saratoga Springs (2013), and Disney Land and Sea Extravaganza (coming Nov/Dec 2015)
ZephyrHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:03 PM   #4
MarylandPirate
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Here is a pic of my 23 YO old riding a Doom Buggy! lol

Baltimore Orioles

Baltimore Ravens
MarylandPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:15 AM   #5
CinRell
DIS Veteran

Thanks guys! Keep em coming! The fact I'm not the only adult who claims disney has a ton to do for "adults only" trips will help
Old 03-18-2010, 10:22 AM   #6
the ringmaster
DIS Veteran

If all else fails, tell him to search for "flash mountain" in google images

Definatly proof it's not just for kids
the ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:14 PM   #7
CinRell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ringmaster View Post
If all else fails, tell him to search for "flash mountain" in google images

Definatly proof it's not just for kids
Old 03-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #8
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

I know I posted this some months back on the adults photo thread, but it's hard to beat spending some quality time drinkin' it up at La Cava del Tequila! The times I've dropped by I think I've only seen a few kids if any around. It's a great stop during the afternoon in Epcot. Same for the Rose and Crown for grabbing a drink or two to cool off in the A/C.

If if fits into your schedule, I'd plan the trip during the Food & Wine fest. A ton a great food and drinks to check out, and a lot of seminars and other activities which are primarily focused on adults.

There's other cool stuff as well like taking a Segway tour in Epcot or Ft. Wilderness. Basically all the fun stuff I couldn't do as a kid in WDW, I can now do, but act like a kid doing it.

I spent one day last year having some drinks by the pool at Wilderness Lodge, then hit the SeaRaycer speed boats with my Dad, and then finished things off hanging out at the Poly with drinks at the Tambu ... never could have done that as a kid!

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #9
doxie24
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinRell View Post
Please help me... I can talk about Disney til I'm blue in the face or the fact it can be romantic or that there are fun activities FOR ADULTS... (though I admit I love the kid stuff more than anything!).... but my boyfriend wants more proof disney isn't just a giant playground aimed toward children we will have to dodge our entire trip (if I can convince him to go).

Can you post pics of fun/romantic/adventurous, etc etc etc things you did on an adult only trip? Thank you!!!!
My DH and I took our first trip when we were 21 to Disney together and of all my years (all 24 of 'em ) it was my favourite trip. We drank around the world at EPCOT (which is awesome) and had a fantastic time at the parks and we even just liked hanging out at our resort POR. It almost felt liberating, while all these families were arguing/moving slowly/taking bathroom breaks/fighting with the kids etc. - we felt so care free. Although I have to say I'm looking forward to having kids and sharing the fun with them too.
doxie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:09 PM   #10
Stephanator
Mouseketeer

4 adults - ages 29-32

We did Drink Around The World at Epcot during Food & Wine Festival last year. And made the t-shirts declaring our intentions to the masses.

Old 03-19-2010, 06:03 PM   #11
doxie24
Earning My Ears

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanator View Post
4 adults - ages 29-32

We did Drink Around The World at Epcot during Food & Wine Festival last year. And made the t-shirts declaring our intentions to the masses.

My kinda trip Stephanator, very cool stuff!
doxie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:35 PM   #12
WizardLarz
DIS Veteran

What does he like?

Is he into nature? Tell him about the Flower and Garden Festival

How did they do that? They'll tell you!

Is he a SciFi fan? Tell him about Star Wars Weekends!

Celebrities!

and Characters

Darth Goofy Rock!

Is he into Food & Drink? As others have said there is The Food & Wine Festival! (Sorry no photos, I haven't been to FWF; YET!)

There are Kid free zones: Victoria & Albert's as well as JellyRolls come to mind!
Plus ever Main Pool has a Pool BAR! That kind of screams Adult!

'88 Off Site -only two parks '00 Off Site '08 Fort Wilderness Campgrounds (Yes,I realy used a tent!) '09 Pop Century
'10 Boardwalk Villas SWW '11 Pop F&W '11 Pop Century Mars Preview '12 Pop Century(hey it's cheap) SWW '12 Pop Century (yes Again)

2010 PRT "I'm off to see the Mickey! The wonderfull cool Mouse! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2383922

WizardLarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:20 PM   #13
disneyworldaddict
Mouseketeer

I'll get my daughter to post some. She and her DBF have been there 3 times together, with a group of adults with me and my DH and by themselves. We are going again with them in June. They are 20 and 21, and my DH and I are 46 and 47.

Last summer we ate an early dinner at Ohana, after dinner we grabbed some beach chairs and parked opurselves in the sand facing the castle. We had pina colodas (some were virgin lol) and watched the sunset while listening to Hawaiin music. We watched the electric parade, and then "Wishes". What a beautiful evening. The grounds of the Poly at night are completely romantic. Thick with ferns and flowers, lit torches and tiki statues. If you're lucky you can get a hammock and watch the sky catch fire as the sun sets over the lake...

This memory got me through 3 nasty blizzards this winter!

disneyworldaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:07 PM   #14
JeffGoldblum
Mouseketeer

Here I am having a blast on Dumbo:

JeffGoldblum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:34 AM   #15
Clifton
Earning My Wizardhat

You said so yourself Pirates don't eat the tourist.
1st trip to MK (late 80's), HS/MGM-Studios (94), MK (97), Night of Joy MK (97), AK (98 when everythings new lol), Epcot (97), Night of Joy (98), Night of Joy (99), Grad Nite MK (00), AK, Epcot, HS, MK solo (07), Park hop AK, MK, Epcot (7/24/07 Bday), Park hop AK, Epcot and MK (4/08), AK (4/09), MK, Epcot, AK, DHS (2011)
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: