Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2010, 09:01 AM   #1
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Cheese Ball Yak Attack: 2 kids, 2 dogs, 1200 miles - The Sequel

Hello and welcome to my second trip report. The original, "2 Kids, 2 Dogs, 1200 Miles: 2 Weeks and 2 Birthdays in Florida", can be found here. This is the sequel. 2. II. Part Duex. The Empire Strikes Back. Dead Man's Chest. The Squeakquel.

EDIT: A Table of Contents has been added to the bottom of this post.

Since this trip is it's own stand-alone adventure and not a continuation of the previous, I will of course introduce the cast. This is a family picture from Bambi's birthday earlier this year.

Me: Barry. 31 year old proud father & husband. Dating back to second grade I have 8 trips to The Walt Disney World Resort® under my belt (7 as an adult).

DW: Bambi. We'll celebrate 10 years of marriage this August. She's eligible for sainthood for putting up with me for that long. 7 adult trips to Disney World, plus one to Disneyland as a youngster.

DD: Madison, age 5. We had a trip to Disney World planned when she was placed with us as a newborn foster child. We called the airline, hotel, etc and added one to all of the reservations. She was 7 weeks old, so she's been hooked on Disney her entire life. I don't think she can pick a favorite character or movie - she loves them all. Except the evil ones. She does not like the evil ones.

DS: Evan, age 3. We had a trip to Disney World planned for Madison's 2nd birthday. We found out Bambi was pregnant and the due date would put us right in the middle of Main Street, USA. He was born the day after Madison's birthday, so we pushed everything back a year and celebrated his 1st and her 3rd birthdays on his first trip. A boy through-and-through, he is full of energy, always running, and loves Toy Story and Cars. But he's not afraid to play dress up with Madison.

Not Pictured:
Bambi's parents, Dean and Carol. They moved to Lakeland, FL a few years ago. We usually stay with them for a few days and then at a DVC resort for a few days on each trip. I'll be referring to them as Grandma and Grandpa through out this report

The four-legged contingent to our traveling party :
Allie (laying down in the picture above). She's a year and a half old Australian Cattle Dog/Rat Terrier mix. Her former home raised her with two cats. After we got her from the Wisconsin Humane Society, we realized that she believes she is a cat.

Pepper (standing). He's a two year old Springer Spaniel/Lab mix as far as we can tell. Very playful and loyal. Also a rescue from the Humane Society. They hang out at Grandpa and Grandpa's house while we're at the parks or the resort.

And a special guest appearance by Tim ("that's nice" here on the boards).

I know what you're thinking. "Barry, sequels are hardly ever as good as the original. Don't you remember 'Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde'?"

Of course I don't. I barely remember wasting two hours on the first Legally Blonde. But that's not the point. This is already planned as a trilogy. We have another trip in the works for December 2010. And we all love triolgies, don't we? Star Wars (The first 3. Not the prequel junk). Lord of the Rings. Pirates of the Caribbean. Back to the Future. So while this trip may not be totally Disney-focused (only 3 days in the theme parks), it's vitally important to my December 2010 Trip Report. If you don't read this one, you'll be totally lost in that one.

So let bring you up to speed on the basics of this trip. As the title says, we take two kids, two dogs (and some cheese balls), load up the minivan and drive 1200 miles from Wisconsin to Florida. We have fun, eat food, ride rides, and meet some very interesting people in some very unusual spots. There are pictures of all of it, and my witty narrative along the way.

Stay tuned. The ride leaves very shortly.

Table of Contents
The Drive Down
The First Full Day - Saturday March 6
Sunday Morning - March 7
Sunday Afternoon at AKV and LBV
Monday Morning - March 8th (MK)
Monday: Late Morning & Lunch (MK)
Monday Afternoon (MK)
Monday Night: SpectroMagic and Wishes (MK)
Tuesday, March 9. Epcot
More Tuesday. Epcot. Le Cellier. Yum.
Wednesday, March 10. Golf in the morning, beach in the afternoon!
Thursday, March 11. Hollywood Studios
The Last Entry

Last edited by FreezinRafiki; 04-12-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #2
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

I am first here I beat you mark lol
will go read now Barry I just had to post before Mark did
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2010, 09:46 AM   #3
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

2nd
Old 03-17-2010, 10:32 AM   #4
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
Dang it! I knew I shouldn't have tried to do work this morning.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:34 AM   #5
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

I'm in.

As an interesting side note, I think my boy puked the same day as yours. Small world. I'm pretty sure the pukes were unrelated.
DIS Dad #400

Old 03-17-2010, 10:36 AM   #6
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

In on 1 this time around...woo hoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I know what you're thinking. "Barry, sequels are hardly ever as good as the original.
No way man - EMPIRE STRIKES BACK - the BEST sequel ever!!!!

Quote:
So while this trip may not be totally Disney-focused (only 3 days in the theme parks), it's vitally important to my December 2010 Trip Report. If you don't read this one, you'll be totally lost in that one.

Stay tuned. The ride leaves very shortly.
Woo hoo - let the hijacking....err - I mean - FUN, begin. Yeah, that's it, FUN.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!

Last edited by stopher1; 03-17-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #7
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

I'm here too!!!!

I heard there was free beer!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #8
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Waiting for more!!
Old 03-17-2010, 10:58 AM   #9
tutter99
DIS Veteran

Woo Hoo, Front row seat!

Proud to be DisDad #356
Old 03-17-2010, 11:04 AM   #10
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
This is the sequel. 2. II. Part Duex. The Empire Strikes Back. Dead Man's Chest. The Squeakquel.

I know what you're thinking. "Barry, sequels are hardly ever as good as the original. Don't you remember 'Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde'?"

Of course I don't. I barely remember wasting two hours on the first Legally Blonde. But that's not the point. This is already planned as a trilogy. We have another trip in the works for December 2010. And we all love triolgies, don't we? Star Wars (The first 3. Not the prequel junk). Lord of the Rings. Pirates of the Caribbean. Back to the Future.
I'm confident this report will be more "Godfather II", "Empire Strikes Back", "Aliens" "Lethal Weapon 2" and "The Dark Knight", and less "Speed 2", "Under Siege 2", "Police Academy 2" or "Transformers 2". Of course, planned trilogies can have problems as well. Even The Two Towers had the talking tree people scenes.

Dude, I watch way too many movies.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:07 AM   #11
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

here!!! 1st page?

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 03-17-2010, 11:23 AM   #12
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
Congratulations! I'm sure Mark is steaming mad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
2nd
Mmmm...butter flavored fake butter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Dang it! I knew I shouldn't have tried to do work this morning.
See Carl? I told you he was steaming mad.
Work is the only time I have to do my TRs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
I'm in.
As an interesting side note, I think my boy puked the same day as yours. Small world. I'm pretty sure the pukes were unrelated.
Don't spoil the surprise for the new comers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
In on 1 this time around...woo hoo!
No way man - EMPIRE STRIKES BACK - the BEST sequel ever!!!!
Woo hoo - let the hijacking....err - I mean - FUN, begin. Yeah, that's it, FUN.
Yes, the Force is strong in this one. But which side? (Warning: if you hijack this thread, I'm going to Force Choke the crap out of you from Wisconsin. Indiana isn't that far. I can do it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I'm here too!!!!

I heard there was free beer!!!
Sorry, it took me a while to write that first post and finished it already. Go bug Goofy + 3, he still owes all of us a round!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post

Waiting for more!!
I just popped into your TR - I see we were there at the same time. Look for yourself in the background of my pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutter99 View Post
Woo Hoo, Front row seat!
Yeah, it's the back seat that you've got to look out for. (See that kids? I just did a little foreshadowing.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I'm confident this report will be more "Godfather II", "Empire Strikes Back", "Aliens" "Lethal Weapon 2" and "The Dark Knight", and less "Speed 2", "Under Siege 2", "Police Academy 2" or "Transformers 2". Of course, planned trilogies can have problems as well. Even The Two Towers had the talking tree people scenes.

Dude, I watch way too many movies.
Are we counting "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" as a sequel? Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
here!!! 1st page?
1st Page!
Old 03-17-2010, 12:07 PM   #13
stopher1

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Yes, the Force is strong in this one. But which side? (Warning: if you hijack this thread, I'm going to Force Choke the crap out of you from Wisconsin. Indiana isn't that far. I can do it.)
Afraid of you, NOT am I.

The force is with you, but you are not a Jedi yet.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 03-17-2010, 12:47 PM   #14
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Afraid of you, NOT am I.

The force is with you, but you are not a Jedi yet.
I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:19 PM   #15
stopher1

Quote:
I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Impressive. Most impressive.

You have your moments. Not many of them, but you do have them.

Prepare the ground troops for a surface attack...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: