Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2010, 05:19 PM   #11
bcvdreamer
DIS Veteran

I’m enjoying the book, but like a pp said, there are a lot of sailing terms that I meant to look up, but didn’t yet.

I can’t relate to the characters either, but I enjoy their colorful personalities. I wish MC would have gone deeper with the characters, and like mentioned previously, especially the women. I find myself waiting for more character development, but then realize it’s an adventure story.

I like how Hunter selected each crew member for their special “skills” and how their survival depended on those skills. Even though they’re terrible people, they still had to depend on each other. I wouldn’t have trusted one of those characters, but they didn’t have as hard of a time with trust as I thought that they would.

Does anyone else picture Haiti in their mind whenever Port Royal is described? I guess it’s because of how the odor and lack of order is described in the news and in the book.

[IMg]http://www.*******************/bawb.jpg[/IMG]
bcvdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: