Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2010, 05:58 AM   #526
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

It's a boy!!!!

Old 03-10-2010, 06:27 AM   #527
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
It's a boy!!!!
WOO HOO!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2010, 12:03 PM   #528
TarzansKat

Photo Update

I have a huge amount of photos to share with you, all from my walk that afternoon.

- I forgot about this lovely lady. She was waiting in our room for us.

These next few fall under the "where you live?" so aptly asked by our cabbie on that rainy night.

Moving on, here's some random foliage / whatever I felt like taking a picture of.

- We made a lot of off color comments about this bridge. Mostly about what it would be like to stumble over it.

- I sat here for a bit. So tranquil.

- Any computer gamers out there? This so reminds me of Myst and Riven.

- Don't you just love the detail here? Maybe I was going a little nuts because I'd never stayed here before, but I just loved observing how they created this entire atmosphere, and it was SO relaxing.

Continued in next post...

Last edited by TarzansKat; 03-14-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:08 PM   #529
TarzansKat

Photo Update - Continued

I thought I'd break this into a separate part. Here's where I entered OPR, and took some interior shots, and the rest of my walk back. Note the darkening and ominous looking skies...

- ahem...

- I swear, this resort was made for me.

- Detailing on the planked bridge. I love it!

Old 03-14-2010, 12:32 PM   #531
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Didn't you just love how the gift shop area smelled as you come in the door? Like coconuts and sand.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #532
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

BEAUTIFUL!! What a neat resort!

And "ahem" indeed!....

Wow, those skies really were dark, weren't they?!! I didn't notice, holed up in Mickey's Star Traders like I was....

Old 03-14-2010, 03:22 PM   #533
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Love the pictures, makes me want to switch resorts. It looks so beautiful. The sky was very dark and ominous especially in that last picture with the palm trees. Now I am off to look at CBR resort thread.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:42 PM   #534
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Thanks for ratcheting up my excitement, TK! Can't wait to be back there in just over four months!!!
Old 03-14-2010, 07:46 PM   #535
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
so lovely! You are making me want me want to stay there!!!!!!!!!

I've never seen a towel lady before...
OMG, it's such a beautiful resort.

Oh, yes. I've seen the towel lady on more than one occasion. Usually, towel animals...speaking of which, I should do a post just for fun of weird towel animals I've gotten. There have been so many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Didn't you just love how the gift shop area smelled as you come in the door? Like coconuts and sand.
Mmmm...I wish I was there right now.

Maybe if I go in the fridge and get the pineapple banana orange juice I just bought and sip it I can close my eyes and pretend.

It could work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post
BEAUTIFUL!! What a neat resort!

And "ahem" indeed!....

Wow, those skies really were dark, weren't they?!! I didn't notice, holed up in Mickey's Star Traders like I was....

Is that where you waited it out? I couldn't remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
Love the pictures, makes me want to switch resorts. It looks so beautiful. The sky was very dark and ominous especially in that last picture with the palm trees. Now I am off to look at CBR resort thread.
It's gorgeous! Where are you staying again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Thanks for ratcheting up my excitement, TK! Can't wait to be back there in just over four months!!!
I was so excited to post this for you! I know what a hard decision it was to stay at CBR, and I just wanted you to see all these photos so you would know you TOTALLY made the right choice!
Old 03-14-2010, 08:17 PM   #536
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
I was so excited to post this for you! I know what a hard decision it was to stay at CBR, and I just wanted you to see all these photos so you would know you TOTALLY made the right choice!
Thanks! I did find myself questioning the decision, but knowing Chelsea wants to stay there, remembering the great time Charles and I had there in October, and seeing all of your pictures definitely seals the deal for me. I just hope we don't end up forever away from Old Port Royale -- I refuse to pay for a preferred room.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:16 PM   #537
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
It's gorgeous! Where are you staying again?
We are at POP right now but I do have a pin code that is good for 30% off values, 35% off mods and 40% off deluxe. I really want to stay deluxe but we decided to stay for longer instead of upgrading. My dh thinks this will be a once in a lifetime trip and when we get back we want to try to expand our family so I don't know when we will be back, BUT I do know we will be back. I know my dh and he will LOVE it once I can get him there. He just really doesn't understand the whole Disney thing because he has never been. I think I may upgrade to CBR because he said that coconuts and the beach smell like vacation to him and Heidi said thats what it smells like, so I know he will love it. I will keep it a surprise and not tell him. He has left the whole planning thing up to me. Sorry to have rambled on. I should start a ptr but I am not sure I can devote the time to it so I have nobody to talk to about it here at home because nobody here is nuts for Disney like I am. Sorry I started to ramble again.

Last edited by pooh'smate; 03-15-2010 at 05:08 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:56 AM   #538
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Oh.My.Gosh!! That was one pretty picture spread, lady! I NEED to go to this resort to check it out!! Was the food over at the CS place looking any good?? I'm thinking that if I planned a meal there, it would give me the impetus I needed to make the trek to get a look-see.

Those clouds are rather scary looking!! I afear some foul weather headed yur way, Lassie!

Old 03-15-2010, 07:42 AM   #539
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Thanks! I did find myself questioning the decision, but knowing Chelsea wants to stay there, remembering the great time Charles and I had there in October, and seeing all of your pictures definitely seals the deal for me. I just hope we don't end up forever away from Old Port Royale -- I refuse to pay for a preferred room.
Tink and I didn't pay for preferred and we ended up Jamaica, which was a nice leisurely (maybe five minute if that) walk to OPR. Plus you've got the internal bus system, should you so desire, and it's impossible to be the furthest out unless you book a pirate room, so rest assured.

I think it's great that Chelsea picked that resort, that's a huge affirmation. And it's going to be so nice and relaxing for you when you're out of the parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
We are at POP right now but I do have a pin code that is good for 30% off values, 35% off mods and 40% off deluxe. I really want to stay deluxe but we decided to stay for longer instead of upgrading. My dh thinks this will be a once in a lifetime trip and when we get back we want to try to expand our family so I don't know when we will be back, BUT I do know we will be back. I know my dh and he will LOVE it once I can get him there. He just really doesn't understand the whole Disney thing because he has never been. I think I may upgrade to CBR because he said that coconuts and the beach smell like vacation to him and Heidi said thats what it smells like, so I know he will love it. I will keep it a surprise and not tell him. He has left the whole planning thing up to me. Sorry to have rambled on. I should start a ptr but I am not sure I can devote the time to it so I have nobody to talk to about it here at home because nobody here is nuts for Disney like I am. Sorry I started to ramble again.
No, you talk about it!!! That's why I ask, because I want to know.

Can you remind me what time of year you're going again? That would definitely sway my advice on which resort I think you'd like better. That being said, if you're looking for something relaxing when you're not in the parks, then CBR is definitely it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Oh.My.Gosh!! That was one pretty picture spread, lady! I NEED to go to this resort to check it out!! Was the food over at the CS place looking any good?? I'm thinking that if I planned a meal there, it would give me the impetus I needed to make the trek to get a look-see.

Those clouds are rather scary looking!! I afear some foul weather headed yur way, Lassie!
You know, I never actually ate the counter service there, but I thought it looked pretty good. Maybe Heidi can chime in; I think she ate there at least once on her past trip. And I've actually been to the resort just to check it out, which is how Tink and I ended up staying there.

I begged. I'm not to proud to admit it.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:07 AM   #540
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Pooh's Mate: I think CBR would be a great choice for your vacation...my DH loved it. And I think it would appeal to your DH because it's very island/beach resortie instead of DISNEY bright and loud....plus the rooms are a great size and well worth any extra money over a value resort.

As to the food...it's a good food court....it's laid out in separate sections for different types of foods and I would think it could be time consuming for a big family like All7ofUs if everyone wanted something different (but very manageable for a small family). I liked the food court at CBR much better than at AS Music. As to the TS restaurant there....I wouldn't bother with it...we didn't eat there and it looks to be nothing special.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: