Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #61
beautyqueen
Mouseketeer

Ok here is a ? I just thought of....

My 7y/o will want to get in line to do this, do we get in line with him knowning that only he will be "picked" to do the show but we will have seats to watch? Or are there two linesl, one for him and one for us? It will be my 7y/o wanting to do the Jedi, and then dh&I and our two dd's and 1y/o son there to watch. Sorry if this is a silly thing to ask but without ever being to Disney I'm not sure how things work.

beautyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:07 AM   #62
Master Grayson
Haunted Mansion Ghost Host

Just 1 line for the kids the rest is SRO it's outside and the show is on an elevated platform.

As far as the shutdown my family member that works at ST said it will shut down end of Oct and be closed for 8 months. I'll ask if the JT will still be open and post later.
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2010, 12:02 PM   #63
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInTheMagic View Post
We've been to DHS twice now and I'm not as familiar with the layout as most of you are! I have the other parks down, but not DHS for some reason. I think I get turned around once we're in there since we scatter about.

I know the way to TSM since the majority of the crowd at RD is herded that way anyway, but can someone give me a quick run down of which way to head to Star Tours at RD? I'd like to surprise my DS with this and will likely try to go there first thing since we're using our GAD special fast passes for TSM.

Thanks in advance!
Heather

Can I bump myself? Anyone know the quick answer to this?

Many thanks...
Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Platinum): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy, 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I), & 12/2014 Wonder Next: 6/2015 (Magic-Europe), & 3/2016 Magic/WDW.
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #64
pickles
Just call me Capt. Barbossa-someone has to play the part of the bad pirate
Most Observant DISer Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwendy View Post
Question for you guys. My 12 yo nephew will be at WDW for his Make a Wish trip in a few weeks. He has battled brain cancer, and will hopefully be declaired in remission very soon. He and his 2 brothers are Star Wars finatics!!! I dont think though that he could be out in the sun waiting - is there shade in any part of the line? Also, how long do you have to stand if you make it into the show? Im not 100% sure how long he can stand before needing to sit in his wheelchair???
Thanks for your help|!!
It is my understanding that Wish kids can get some exceptions made. rather than making him stand in the sun i would check at guest relations and maybe they can just register him in at a certain time. worth a try. keep that in mind for other activities. They usually will make some special allowances for wish kids
pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:03 PM   #65
newtodis
Disney Lover!

Quote:

Many thanks...
Heather
I thought it was where Star Tours is (the Star Wars ride) - sorry I don't know more specifically than that! If it's true and they're closing Star Tours in Oct, I don't know what the location will be if they're going to continue with this while the ride's closed. My little one's gonna be sad.....guess we need to plan another trip for the "grand re-opening"!!

Nov/Dec PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post35542292
Planning a mid Nov - mid Dec trip? Check out our thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2399320
newtodis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #66
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!

Quote:
We've been to DHS twice now and I'm not as familiar with the layout as most of you are! I have the other parks down, but not DHS for some reason. I think I get turned around once we're in there since we scatter about.

I know the way to TSM since the majority of the crowd at RD is herded that way anyway, but can someone give me a quick run down of which way to head to Star Tours at RD? I'd like to surprise my DS with this and will likely try to go there first thing since we're using our GAD special fast passes for TSM.

Thanks in advance!
Heather
I know where to get this answer... ROBO!! He know's it ALL!!!

I'll PM him later this evening and see if he can help!!!

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)
rescuetink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:50 PM   #67
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtodis View Post
I thought it was where Star Tours is (the Star Wars ride) - sorry I don't know more specifically than that! If it's true and they're closing Star Tours in Oct, I don't know what the location will be if they're going to continue with this while the ride's closed. My little one's gonna be sad.....guess we need to plan another trip for the "grand re-opening"!!
That's okay - I appreciate you trying to help! I hope you can plan another trip for the "grand re-opening"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuetink View Post
I know where to get this answer... ROBO!! He know's it ALL!!!

I'll PM him later this evening and see if he can help!!!
I agree - you know Robo is bound to have a map already for this! Thanks for thinking of this...

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Platinum): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy, 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I), & 12/2014 Wonder Next: 6/2015 (Magic-Europe), & 3/2016 Magic/WDW.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:55 PM   #68
LilGMom
It makes me want to Kiss on the lips!
I have caught myself laughing more than a few times

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautyqueen View Post
Ok here is a ? I just thought of....

My 7y/o will want to get in line to do this, do we get in line with him knowning that only he will be "picked" to do the show but we will have seats to watch? Or are there two linesl, one for him and one for us? It will be my 7y/o wanting to do the Jedi, and then dh&I and our two dd's and 1y/o son there to watch. Sorry if this is a silly thing to ask but without ever being to Disney I'm not sure how things work.
The kids stand in a line to the right (when looking at it) of the stage in a roped off area. The parents get to stand anywhere there is space in front of and to the left of the stage. There are no seats, standing concrete only.

Quote:

Many thanks...
Heather
I was waiting for the map master to pop in but until he does... once in DHS head to the left towards 50PTC, continue past Indiana Jones and Star Tours will be over to the left. Or if you head towards the hat, take a left towards the American Idol Experience and just keep walking that direction you'll end up walking right towards it.
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo, Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (aka "Home"), Bay Lake Towers, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, Carribean Beach, The Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Old Key West, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside, Saratoga Springs (aka "Home"), Shades of Green, Swan, Treehouse Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, & the Disney Dream.

Upcoming trips: Whenver we feel like it. Living close has its perks.
"Well if there's enough room for a chowder-head like you, then there is more than enough room for a dragon" - Pete's Dragon
LilGMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:39 PM   #69
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilGMom View Post
... once in DHS head to the left towards 50PTC, continue past Indiana Jones and Star Tours will be over to the left. Or if you head towards the hat, take a left towards the American Idol Experience and just keep walking that direction you'll end up walking right towards it.
Happens about at the lower end of the Parade Route line (where the parade exits the park) on the maps below.

Last edited by Robo; 03-13-2010 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Revised Maps
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:41 AM   #70
pwmitch237
Roll Tide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Happens about at the lower end of the Parade Route line (where the parade exits the park) on the maps below.

Robo, I am sad to point out that there is an error on your map. Star Tours is incorrectly labeled. What you have labeled as "Star Tours" is actually "The Backlot Express" (QS). Star Tours is to the left of the green line.
Dec 1997, Offsite|Dec 1998, Offsite|Dec 1999, Offsite|Dec 2000, Offsite|Dec 2001, CBR|Dec 2002, CBR|Dec 2003, CBR|Dec 2004, Contemporary|Dec 2005, Contemporary|Feb 2007, POFQ|Mar 2008, POFQ|Feb 2009, POFQ|Feb 2010, Polynesian|Mar 2011, Contemporary|Feb 2012, Wilderness Lodge(15 trips)| April 2012, Offsite Uni/SeaWorld | DCL Alaska July 2014
pwmitch237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:45 AM   #71
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!

Thanks ROBO!!!!

Thanks!!!

I knew I could count on you!!!

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)
rescuetink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:27 AM   #72
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwmitch237 View Post
Robo, I am sad to point out that there is an error on your map. Star Tours is incorrectly labeled. What you have labeled as "Star Tours" is actually "The Backlot Express" (QS). Star Tours is to the left of the green line.

Good catch!

I've revised the maps.

Thanks, pwmitch!
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:09 AM   #73
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilGMom View Post
The kids stand in a line to the right (when looking at it) of the stage in a roped off area. The parents get to stand anywhere there is space in front of and to the left of the stage. There are no seats, standing concrete only.

I was waiting for the map master to pop in but until he does... once in DHS head to the left towards 50PTC, continue past Indiana Jones and Star Tours will be over to the left. Or if you head towards the hat, take a left towards the American Idol Experience and just keep walking that direction you'll end up walking right towards it.
Thank you!! I see Robo is next but I appreciate the "directions"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post

Thank you - how very awesome of you to pop in with the maps like you do! I sincerely appreciate all you do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwmitch237 View Post
Thanks for the clarification too!

Heather

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: