Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2010, 01:50 PM   #556
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Oh my gosh, this update has me so excited about our trip coming up!

I completely understand the getting excited when you start seeing Welcome signs to any of the parks!

I have heard about people going through RFC, but I never really read of anyone doing it in a TR. Glad to hear that it worked!

You are so close for the rope drop show! I haven't been to one yet. Fiance and I are going to try and change that this trip!

I just LOVE that pic of you two after the Tree of Life pic.

That's great you made it back to EE. That's definatly going to be the first thing that we head to, too! We LOVE the line. It's so interesting. We always have to ask for the very back. When you go right under the Yeti, we have to duck because it looks like he's going to touch us!
Hey Tink! I'm so excited for your trip coming up too! I'm glad this helped you be even more excited! Definitely try going through the RFC. It worked wonderfully for us. The only thing that might stink is if they let the others in and yall are a few seconds behind them. Luckily, they let us in a few seconds ahead of everyone else. But it's a toss-up. You will LOVE the rope drop shows!! So cute. And it just starts the day off great. Oh my goodness--we'll have to ask for the back next time! I'm disappointed that we didn't see the Yeti, but it was still a great ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
Loooovvvee the update What an AMAZING tip about the Rainforest Cafe area. I will totally have to try that one out the next time we go

EE is our favorite ride (my DH and I) but neither one of us have ever seen the yeti We thought maybe it was because we usually sit in the front and maybe he swoops down after we go through, but maybe he is just broken??? I would love to see him one day.

Ok girl, Dinosaur COMPLETELY FREAKED ME OUT!! I am giving you some info early (as far as my TR goes), but right when the ride starts and the jeep goes forward to head into the Dino area, I closed my eyes and put my head down and literally did not look up until it was over Meanwhile, my 6 year-old (who was riding for the second time) looked MOST of the time until the big dino comes out and they take the pic. Wait until you see it!

Can't wait to hear more!
Aw. Thanks! YES--it turned out to be a great tip!! We were nervous, but it worked. We wondered the same thing about the Yeti. Maybe we were just in the wrong spot. I'm pretty sure I saw him a few years ago, but not this trip. Haha!! I love that we're not the only ones that got completely freaked out on Dinosaur!! I can't wait to see your picture. I'm sure I'll laugh so hard! SUCH a good thrill ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Wow! Another fantastic update! I am so sad your trip is coming to an end.

I totally get that exact same excitement you describe in seeing the welcome signs!

Good job on the RFC entrance trick!

I can't believe you managed to take all those great shots while somehow staying ahead of the masses. Beautiful pictures!!!

And I think that shot you took of EE with the sun in the background is one of my favourites!

As usual, you guys got some of the most fantastic photopass pictures. I'll say it again - you got the deal of the century on that CD!

As usual - already looking forward to the next update!
Thanks so much!! We were so thankful that the trick really was a trick instead of a dud. Haha--thanks! That's all my camera. I love it. I could walk quickly and still take a lot of pics that turned out. Thank you so much--the sun was perfect for the shot. We really did get a fantastic deal--thank you! I'll hopefully have a new update sometime soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
I love that pic of the people behind you after you entered through the Rainforest Cafe turnstile! I haven't been to AK in ages either, but I would definitely want to try out that secret entrance thing!

Aww, I love the linked arms on Dinosaur!
We were SO shocked that we were let in before the masses! I'm sure those people were wondering how in the world we got ahead of them... You and Weird will love AK. And I hope the secret entrance works as well for you as it did for us! I didn't even realize that our arms were linked--we were both so freaked out--we couldn't think about anything other than surviving! Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
How funny, I was logging on to say hi to you and you have an update! A good one at that too. As usual, I love the PP pics. I love Dinosaur too! The first trip that I got to ride it, I think my friend and I rode it 3 times that day. We found it scary and also laughed at ourselves for being so freaked out. But sometimes I think that's one of the best ways to enjoy Disney - to just let go of your inhibitions and really enjoy it. Just relax, let go, and don't be afraid to be a kid again. That has made for some of the best trips for me.

I'm bummed that your TR is coming to an end. I've really enjoyed getting to know the two of you through your PTR and TR.
That is funny! Thanks--it's about time I updated! Isn't Dinosaur great?! It's one of those things where it's super fun to be scared for a little bit--especially since you know you'll survive at the end. The people in our car probably thought we were nuts! I agree. Just let it all go at Disney. I'm so bummed that it's coming to an end too. But this last day and a half are jam-packed, so there are still plenty of updates. I've loved getting to know you and everyone else too! Thanks for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
What a great update! Thanks for posting the pics of the EE queue. My DH and I always do the single rider line, so we've never been through the queue before. Someday when Maddie is older, I'm sure we'll be able to see it.

I will have to remember that RFC has a turnstile! That is such a good tip. You two always seem to take the best photopass pics I've ever seen. Such a photogenic couple!
You'll love it when you actually get to walk through the real queue. It's one of the best themed queues in all of Disney World! I wish I had time to take some more. Yes--it'll come in handy on your upcoming trip!! Woo-Hoo! Aw, thank you. We love taking pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Another great update! I love all the pictures you got of Everest, they came out great. I absolutely love that ride and it's about the only ride that you can see other parks from. Did you notice that??
Thanks so much! Everest is such a great photo subject. I don't know how Disney does it--it's just gorgeous there! Yes I did--it was so fun to look out and see the other parks!

Upcoming: Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 03-09-2010, 02:01 PM   #557
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post
Love your updates- it makes me wish my trip was tomorrow!
Thanks so much! I know what you mean--I was always so much more anxious to be there after reading others' reports!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
All caught up. You guys had great success with finding photopass photographers! All your pics are gorgeous!
Hi Denise! We did have really good luck with PP Photos! I'm thankful we got so many. Aw, thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
AK is fast becoming a fav park for me - I love EE! I requested front seat on my last trip (I was solo for 4 days b4 my daughter arrived and took advantage of waiting for best seats like for EE and Soarin'). You always take such great photos! I loved the one of Dinosaur - I haven't rode it yet but hope to next trip.
Isn't it just gorgeous there?! I love how it feels like you're somewhere else entirely. Oh wow! How was the front seat? I've heard that the back is great, but I've never heard about the front. I bet it was fantastic. Thank you so very much--I love taking pictures. Be ready to be completely freaked out and scream like a little kid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
OMG How freaking hysterical! I really love that idea!

Great update! I'm sad we never made it to AK (or really, any other park besides DHS) for rope drop. One day, I'll get to the rest to see all of the very cute shows!

I love y'alls Everest picture!

Looking forward to more, as always!
He is a NUT. But it was things like this throughout the trip that kept both of us cracking up. This was his FB profile pic for a long time. Thanks! Hopefully you can see it someday! It was really, really cute. I just love how it gets the day started off with a show. Thanks! We had so much fun. I'll hopefully have more within a few days.

Quote:
Hey Staci! Just wanted to let you know that my DH gave the ok for a fall trip to WDW!!!! I am SOOO excited!
YAY!!!!! That's so exciting!!! Let me know if you have more fall q's about it! I'm so happy for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridora View Post
I love this picture! So awesome! Did you stop with all those people behind you to take these? Or just snap & walk?

I'm so glad you did another update--I love them!
Thanks so much! I liked that one too. (I used a photoshop action on it called Old West from The Pioneer Woman's free Photoshop actions in case you're interested.) I just snapped and walked. I love my little camera--it does great with that. I was "supporting" my arm with my other arm to keep it as steady as possible. There was no way I was losing my spot for a picture! haha. Aw, thank you. I love writing them.

Quote:
Hey Staci. Hope you're doing well. I started my PTR, so come check it out when you have the time. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post35673617
I subscribed! I'll hopefully get all caught up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Staci!! I love your updates!! I wish I was in AK right now!! Everest is amazing in detail. I don't think there is any other rollercoaster in the world that comes close in that catergory! It is just phenomenal!!

I'm also a fan of Michael's "Mexican character pics"!! He's a hoot!! (P.S. I was telling our youth pastor about you guys and he thinks you guys would be great friends...he wasn't as excited about Michael being a youth pastor too as he was about how you guys were CTU agents for Halloween! )

You guys also take the best PhotoPass pictures! I'm surprised Disney hasn't asked you guys if they can use their pictures for advertisements!! They are so good!!
Hey Kimmy! Thanks so much!! They're so fun to write. Oh gosh--me too. I wish I was ANYWHERE in Disney World right now. Michael has said "I wish we were back at Disney World" soo many times lately. It's just great being there, without having to worry about real life, and just being kids and enjoying ourselves. Oh I know! It's not the most "thrilling" of the roller-coasters, but it definitely has the best theming ever! Haha--I'll tell him that. He had it as his FB profile pic for a long time. He's such a goof. YAY! I'd love to be friends with your youth pastor. Too bad we're forever away. Did I tell you that was one of the pics we framed when I finally put pictures in our frames last week? We love it. Aw, thanks! I don't think they're THAT good...but I appreciate it!

Upcoming: Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2010, 07:36 PM   #558
Junick
nicky'smouse

Staci,
Loving your TR! I'm the Junick you gave all the helpul info on DVC rentals. I can't wait to go in September! You and your husband sound like such sweet kids ... here's ta ya!

Me and Hubby, D, SIL, GD Bella and GD Cassidy
Old 03-10-2010, 03:17 PM   #559
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junick View Post
Staci,
Loving your TR! I'm the Junick you gave all the helpul info on DVC rentals. I can't wait to go in September! You and your husband sound like such sweet kids ... here's ta ya!
Hi Junick! Thanks so much--and thank you for reading! YAY--I'm so excited that your family is going to be able to go. You will LOVE renting points. I actually just booked a reservation for my cousin, and she's renting DVC points for the first time too. It's just such a great deal! Thank you!

Old 03-10-2010, 03:24 PM   #560
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Day 6: Animal Kingdom late morning

When I last left you, we had just finished taking some Photopass Pictures in front of the Tree of Life. It was a good way to bring down our heart rate after riding what became our most thrilling “thrill ride” at WDW—Dinosaur.

After taking more PP pics (Are you surprised? Didn’t think so. ) we headed towards Africa to secure Fast Passes for Kilimanjaro Safaris. Our return time was 10:30.

Since we had plenty of time before we could go on the safari, we decided to see our bug friends at It’s Tough to be a Bug. Michael was really looking forward to this!

I just love all of the animals carved into the tree. I could have stayed forever, just taking pictures!

I don’t remember what the official wait time was supposed to be for this attraction, but when we got into the waiting room, everyone had already started going into the theater! Talk about good timing. We grabbed some glasses, hurried in, and waited for the show to start.

I actually sat back this time since I was prepared for the sting, but mine didn’t work. Michael yelled when it stung him, though! And I actually stayed on my seat when I knew the roaches were coming—I was so proud of myself!

We both really enjoyed it! I don’t know that I would say it’s a must-do for us, but it was enjoyable. We left the theater and snapped a quick bug glasses picture before we had to give them back.

We still had some time to use up before our safari FPs were good, so what did we do?

Take more PP pics, of course!

**Is it just me, or do my fingers look freakishly long in that picture? I mean, I know I have long fingers, but that can’t be right! I’m thinking that they stretched them to make Tink fit. At least, I hope that’s what happened!!

I also couldn’t resist taking another Tree of Life picture:

We decided to go through the Panjai Forest Trail since it wasn’t quite time for our safari.

Oh.

My.

Word.

It was SOOOOOO crowded in there!! It was seriously the most crowded place in the whole park! I couldn’t believe it. I kept saying, “I’m SO sorry. These trails are supposed to be empty!” We snapped a few pictures (none of which turned out), and high-tailed it out of there!

Just as proof, this is the best pic that we got from the trail, and it was taken over some people’s heads. It was a million times worse than a zoo.

When we exited the trail, we saw what the “problem” was. A CM was SUPER excited about her job. She was excitedly telling everyone what a great trail it was. She said that it’s a relaxing way to look at different animals. So practically everyone that was walking near her decided to go in and check it out.

I think they probably asked themselves what was supposed to be relaxing about shoving against sweaty people, trying to see some sleeping animals.

Thank goodness that didn’t last long. And when we walked to the Safari entrance, we only had a few minutes to wait. At exactly 10:30, we handed in our FP tickets and started down the FP lane. Oh—and I forgot to say that our tickets were right at the time-changing mark. One of ours was for 9:30-10:30 and the other was for 10:30-11:30.

This is where we’re headed!

Thanks to our FastPasses, we hopped right up to the front of the line. Is it just me, or do you feel bad for all of the people that you just passed after you use your FP? It especially gets me when a little kid looks at me as if to say, “I want to cut too!”

Anyway…before long, our safari vehicle was ready for us!

Now, I don’t know what in the world I was thinking, but I’d heard that the back of the vehicle was the best view…so I requested that we sit in the back. Talk about a bumpy ride!! We were able to get some almost-decent pictures, but it was way too bumpy to take any great ones.

Continued

Old 03-10-2010, 03:27 PM   #561
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Day 6: Animal Kingdom late morning (cont.)

Continued from previous

It didn’t really bother me that we didn’t get many good pics since we were staying at AKL, and we’d already taken some really good ones there.

Michael and I alternated rolling our eyes and cracking up the entire ride. There was a WAY over-enthusiastic mom in front of us. She would yell out every single animal she spotted, and then ask her son over and over if he saw it. At one point, our guide asked us to point out any animals that he missed, and he would tell us what they were. So when Mrs. Over-Enthusiastic saw a baby elephant, she started yelling, “BABY ELEPHANT! BABY ELEPHANT! BAAAABBBBYYYY ELLEEEEPPPHHHAAAAANNNNNTTTT!!!!” Yes. We all see it. You can calm down now. The most ridiculous, though, was when we saw the “completely real” ostrich eggs. You would have thought she found buried treasure. “OSTRICH EGGS!!!! OOOOOSSSSTTRRIIICCCHHHH EEEEGGGGGSSSSS!!!! DID YOU SEE THE OSTRICH EGGS? JUNIOR, SEE THE OSTRICH EGGS?!?!” Thank you. If any of us missed them when our guide pointed them out, we definitely see them now.

Anyway, we finally saw the poachers’ camp

And had to head back to the reserve. It was neat being able to see the animals, but we were pretty jostled the whole time. We both had headaches (from the bouncing and Mrs. Over-Enthusiastic) by the time we exited. Next time, we’ll request the front!

Upon leaving our safari adventure, we heard some African music, and soon we saw this:

I just love little things like this that make Disney World so special! We stayed and watched the rest of the performance. The actual CMs were incredible dancers! Talk about rhythm. The park guests were a lot of fun to watch too. One of the moms danced her heart out—I think it must have been pent-up dance moves from the last 15 years. It’s so fun to see adults getting so into things at Disney World.

After grooving to some amazing African music, we decided it was time for an early lunch. If you remember from my PTR, I was torn between Pizzafari and the Picnic in the Park option. But that morning, it became a no-brainer. I didn’t want to “waste” precious park time ordering a picnic, and then have to come back to pick it up at a certain time when I could just go to a counter service whenever we felt like it. So Pizzafari it was!

Michael found this awesome statue and had to pose next to it:

And then I saw the awesome monkey mural that was made up of all different animals, and decided I needed a picture with it!

I love how the sun is shining through the window and onto the bench and myself.

It was both of our first times to visit Pizzafari, and we didn’t know what to expect. It was SO cute inside—we loved all of the bright jungle paintings. The ordering system turned out to be super easy and efficient! Everything looked amazing (especially the desserts), but we decided to just split two meals and each get grapes for our dessert. We knew we’d be eating outside, and we didn’t want a hot dessert in that heat.

I chose the Hot Italian Sandwich, chips, grapes, and a water. Michael picked a Pepperoni Pizza, salad, grapes, and a water. We waited practically no time at all for our order, picked up some to-go silverware and napkins, and headed out.

Our next destination?

When we got to Camp Minnie-Mickey, this was the crowd that saw:

Nice. They must all still be at the Panjai Forest Trail!

On our way through Camp Minnie-Mickey, we ran into a lonely character—Pocahontas! It’s so crazy how things change. When I came with my family when I was 15, my little sister, Dad, and brother waited almost 30 minutes to meet her (my sister watched Pocahontas every single day for months). Now, she was so un-popular that she didn’t even have a PhotoPass Photographer with her. We felt bad for her, so we stopped to take a picture.

Do you see our food balancing on the rail behind us?

After posing with our Native American friend, we kept on walking until we came to our next attraction:

The Festival of the Lion King! I was so excited to see this. It was one of my favorites on our last two trips. I was also anxious for Michael to see it since The Lion King is one of his top 3 Disney Movies.

We wanted to catch the 12:00 show, and we were making great time! We were in line (two people from the front, far left side of the entrance) by 11:30.

We put our backpack on the ground, pulled out our lunch, and finally started eating. It was all really, really good! Sorry, I don’t have pictures—we barely had enough hands to hold/eat our food (since we were standing up). But we were both very pleased with our lunch choice! Soon after we finished, it was time for the doors to open up and for us to watch a show like none other!

Up Next:
Not what he expected
A rematch with the Yeti
Our new favorite show

Old 03-10-2010, 03:38 PM   #562
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

This update got me excited because a week from today is our AK day!

I love looking at the Tree of Life too. It's just so neat to look at all the animals around it.

I think your fingers aren't really that long.

The Safari! Too bad you had to deal with that lady. I agree, the back is really bumpy!

Yay, you ate at Pizzafari! It's probably my favorite CS place at AK. I love all the different rooms and all the bright colors used.

Aw, poor Pocohantas...Did you ever see her show when they had it over at DHS, well it was MGM then? It was AMAZING!
Old 03-10-2010, 05:13 PM   #563
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Great update! I can't wait to hear what Michael thought of FOTLK! It is my favorite show and I wish I could be in it. We enjoyed Pizzafari..nothing special, but it filled us up. I can't believe the Pangani trail was so crowded! There was NO one there in Jan and we actually hurried through it. It was pretty shaded and we didn't bring our jackets with us that morning. We were a wee bit cold! I hope to check it out again in Sept!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 03-10-2010, 07:17 PM   #564
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

Yay for another update! Once again, the photos are great - yours and the PP ones.

I don't think your fingers are really that long either. I don't even think I would have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it. I like that Tink pic though. I haven't seen that one before. We got the other Tink pic with our little girl - who was about 21 months at the time - standing with her hands out. She loved seeing Tink on her hands when we got the PP picture. I wonder if i can get her to do that Tink pose? And I wonder if her hands will look freaksihly big for her age?

Your updates always make me excited for our upcoming trip!
Old 03-11-2010, 11:40 AM   #565
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
This update got me excited because a week from today is our AK day!

I love looking at the Tree of Life too. It's just so neat to look at all the animals around it.

I think your fingers aren't really that long.

The Safari! Too bad you had to deal with that lady. I agree, the back is really bumpy!

Yay, you ate at Pizzafari! It's probably my favorite CS place at AK. I love all the different rooms and all the bright colors used.

Aw, poor Pocohantas...Did you ever see her show when they had it over at DHS, well it was MGM then? It was AMAZING!
I can't believe that you'll be in AK less than a week from now!! Woo-Hoo!!! I just love all the detail that goes into the Tree of Life. Thank goodness! I was scared that maybe it was real I'm glad you don't think so. That lady was one of a kind...hopefully yours will be more peaceful. I had remembered that you loved it--that's one of the reasons we decided to go there. I'd only tried Flame Tree BBQ and it didn't settle well with me. No, I didn't. We only spent a 1/2 day at the most at MGM before this trip--we always had little kids with us who didn't enjoy MGM. It's mine and Michael's favorite, though!

Quote:
Great update! I can't wait to hear what Michael thought of FOTLK! It is my favorite show and I wish I could be in it. We enjoyed Pizzafari..nothing special, but it filled us up. I can't believe the Pangani trail was so crowded! There was NO one there in Jan and we actually hurried through it. It was pretty shaded and we didn't bring our jackets with us that morning. We were a wee bit cold! I hope to check it out again in Sept!
Thanks Meghan! I absolutely love FOTLK. I'll hopefully have another update by early next week at the latest. I bet you would be amazing in it! I guess we were just really hungry, because we loved our meal there! We thought it would be empty in Sept. too. I bet it was cold without any sun! I'm still so excited that yall are going back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
Yay for another update! Once again, the photos are great - yours and the PP ones.

I don't think your fingers are really that long either. I don't even think I would have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it. I like that Tink pic though. I haven't seen that one before. We got the other Tink pic with our little girl - who was about 21 months at the time - standing with her hands out. She loved seeing Tink on her hands when we got the PP picture. I wonder if i can get her to do that Tink pose? And I wonder if her hands will look freaksihly big for her age?

Your updates always make me excited for our upcoming trip!
Aw, thanks so much! Yay! Someone else who thinks I'm not a freak with super long fingers! We took quite a few Tink pics throughout the trip. After the first few days, we'd ask every PP person if they did any magic shots. If they didn't, they usually knew someone who did. Haha--I hope not!

Old 03-11-2010, 12:03 PM   #566
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Great updates, as usual! I love the bugs life glasses! Haha they are super cute and they really do make you look like a bug. Not you, specifically, just everyone! I always feel bad walking through the fast pass line until I hear some non-educated person say 'it must be nice to have paid extra for that.' Uh, DUH, it doesn't cost extra!

And you're fingers look CRAZY long in that picture!!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 12:04 PM   #567
amandaluvsgoofy
DIS Veteran

Hey Staci!
Great post! I LOVED Pocahontas! Too bad she's not so popular anymore, they may discontinue her.
And I know, I know, I've been MIA for wwwaaayyyy too long! Had the holidays, then had the baby, so life's been super busy! But I hope to open my TR and finish it, plus post pics of baby Emma!
Hope you're doing well!
Time to go for Christmas! Dec '12 PTR
TR-Yogi Drags Her Dude Back! Aug 2011 TR - Hubby & Prego do Disney in August 2009
Old 03-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #568
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Great updates, as usual! I love the bugs life glasses! Haha they are super cute and they really do make you look like a bug. Not you, specifically, just everyone! I always feel bad walking through the fast pass line until I hear some non-educated person say 'it must be nice to have paid extra for that.' Uh, DUH, it doesn't cost extra!

And you're fingers look CRAZY long in that picture!!!!
Thanks Jenny! They're by far my favorite 3-D glasses at Disney World!! I love looking like a bug. Oh goodness. I think I'd feel the same way if I ever heard someone say that. Really?! Can't they see the FP machines? I just don't see how some people can come do Disney and not know anything about how things work... I study up before ANY vacation. I know!!! They're freakishly long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaluvsgoofy View Post
Hey Staci!
Great post! I LOVED Pocahontas! Too bad she's not so popular anymore, they may discontinue her.
And I know, I know, I've been MIA for wwwaaayyyy too long! Had the holidays, then had the baby, so life's been super busy! But I hope to open my TR and finish it, plus post pics of baby Emma!
Hope you're doing well!
Hi Amanda!! Welcome back! Oh my goodness--I can't wait to see pictures of little Emma! I bet she's just precious. How are you doing? Are you able to stay home on maternity leave? Thanks--I'm doing really well! Really? I hadn't heard about discontinuing Pocahontas! That's so sad. My sister will be crushed.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:55 AM   #569
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Staci! Hey girl! I am SO sorry that I haven't been around at all lately. I had Post Disney Depression after our Christmas trip and couldn't bring myself on the boards as much. We just booked our next trip today for December... at the VWL!

So.. I'm baaaaack! And ready to keep reading this trip report!

Old 03-12-2010, 10:05 AM   #570
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Help please!

Hi Everyone!

I have a big favor to ask of you. Michael is a finalist in a contest for a trip to Indianapolis including VIP tickets to one of our favorite band's shows, and dinner with the band (Jars of Clay)! He had to submit a video of him singing one of their songs. He won his semi-final on Tuesday, and today we found out that he's in the finals. If he wins today, we get the trip deal!

If you'd like to vote for him, please go to http://klove.com/promodetails.aspx?i=5593 and vote for "Left-Handed guy with backwards hat". He's the second one. (Oh--and he's dressed like that because it's a "Rewind" tour, and they had to dress in 90s clothes.) Polls are open from now until Sunday. Feel free to pass this info on. And thanks so much for your support! I'll let you know the results.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: