Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2010, 08:00 AM   #31
toverly
Mouseketeer

Will do again
- Palo's
- Room service
- Fish Extender
- Post it notes on the back of the door
- Enjoy the drink of the day

Will not do again
- Worry about my DS in the kid's club
- Cast off party and Pirate party, too crowded.
- Dress up, formal night was a myth
- Any Butterfly farm
toverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:12 AM   #32
breakingd_awn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinklednPants View Post
There's a heck of a lot offered beyong cold cuts

Will: Palo (both)
Arrive the day before
Over the door organizer
Room service chocolate chip cookies

Won't: Pirate Party
Character Breakfast

I pretty sure I ate everything but the cold cuts Oh and except for the pink cheese that remimded me alot of my kids thrown up chunky strawberry milk Sorry TMI
2011 "DREAMin" for 5 days
2010 Our first "WONDERful" cruise
Shipmates:MeDH
DD(18)DD(16)
DD(11)DD(5)

breakingd_awn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2010, 08:30 AM   #33
Angelhalo
Ok I was like crap I'm breaking rules and I'm gonna get points and I didn't even know I was breaking rules!!! LOL!!!

Things I will do again:

Palo Brunch
Palo Brunch
Palo Brunch
Palo Brunch
Palo Brunch
Palo Brunch

And the Rainforest Room

I also would like to check out the sweets in the Cove Cafe. We never knew they were there!

Won't do:

I will not stand in line for pictures with characters again. Did that the first time. Now I can enjoy that time for other things.

I will also not pack so many pajamas!
Old 03-09-2010, 08:34 AM   #34
DVCconvert
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingd_awn View Post
I pretty sure I ate everything but the cold cuts ....
presumably you had the fried spam on toast?

DVCconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:01 AM   #35
Daisy14'sDH
DIS Veteran

Will do.

1) Arrive early to the terminal. Its easier to wait around doing nothing after the check in process than stand in line to do the check in process.
2) Park the disney terminal lot and not have any hotel reservations for disembarkment, its nice not having to rush to catch a flight or make an appointment.
3) Get off the ship first thing in the morning for Castaway Cay. The beach was beautiful, quiet, and we had our pick off sun chairs! That only lasted an hour before the people in the back of the first row began moving all there chairs to within feet of the waterline...
4) PIRATE PARTY!!! We are POTC fans, so this was great for us, maybe next time I'll have a little less rum... or not... :D
5) Relax while the young uns are in the Club and Lab.
6) Room Service for breakfast! I think that they were a lifesaver. Our kids are not very graceful in the AM and it made sure we were well fed before the "Day" started.
7) FE! It was a ton of fun for the kids getting treats! It wasn't a burden for us, we didn't open many of the packages until we got to our first hotel. We just put the gifts in the case that we emptied after giving ours away. + I got to explore the ship!
8) Get up before sunrise to explore the ship. Its amazing how much work the DCL Staff do while we are curled up dreaming of Sugarplums. I saw them dust everything every morning. (5:30 I was on deck) It was very surreal.
9) Do the lifestyle portraits. Well worth the money when you consider the sitting fees anywhere else.

Won't do

1) Martini and beer tasting on the same cruise, jokes were the same at both (sorry Gilbert)
2) Only buy 1 drink of the day cup. (Our kids didn't like their Non-Alcoholic bevies)
3) Worry about making our seating time. There are many other places to eat on board!
4) No need to see The Golden Mickeys or Toy Story again...
5) Pirate Trivia, was kinda boring.
6) Sail during an El Nino season (Maybe hurricane season but never El Nino) lol
Daisy14'sDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:05 AM   #36
jewelmicky
DIS Veteran

Won't do Again

1. DO a 3 night cruise.....WAY too short! Was just getting into the cruise mode and it was time to leave.

2. Travel with extended family....I was the planner and it was way too stressful.

3. Make DD spend time with us, when she wants to go to the club.

4. Overpack.

5. Overplan....yeah right!

Will Do Again

1. Go to most of the sit down dinners....we really loved our servers and it was nice to have the personal touch...they were great at knowing what we all liked and wanted after the 1st night.

2. Schedule alone time.

3. Get up early a couple mornings to roam the quiet ship.

4. Spend time at Cove Cafe (my fave relaxing place.)

5. Over the door organizer.

Will Do Next TIME for 1st Time

1. Join the DISMeet Group.

2. See a Movie.

3. Bring Beer and wine on board.

4. Fly in the day before, rent a car, stay at port, and get to ship early to try for an upgrade.

5. Get Room Service Breakfast.

6. Dry cleaning/pressing.

7. Go to clubs in evening.

jewelmicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:54 AM   #37
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Will do again:

1) Breakfast from room service every day. Even if we went and had "real" breakfast later on in the a.m., it was nice to have a pot of coffee and for the kids to snack on dry cereal while we were getting up and dressed.

2) Palo dinner. Excellent. Looking forward to trying the brunch!

3) Exotic Rasul - DH and I had some alone time and did not really have to deal with spa staff except to be led in and led out of the room. The champagne at the end in the Rainforest room was a nice touch.

4) First off the boat for Castaway Cay...we walked further down the family beach and had our pick of great spots.

Will not do again:

1) Bingo - it was fun, but it was way too expensive.

2) Bring my own alcohol. Apparantly, I do not drink as much as I thought and I ended up with an unopened box of pre-mixed Cosmos. Seriously, I might just bring one bottle of wine.

3) Bring an over the door shoe organizer. We had plenty of room for all our stuff in the drawers and on the shelves in the bathroom. Then again, I do not have a lot of cosmetics, etc.

4) Neglect to bring my own hair dryer. The hair dryer in the room has no power to it and it took forever to dry my hair. Plus it was difficult to manipulate to blow dry style my hair and I ended up having to use a curling iron also, something I never do.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:47 AM   #38
breakingd_awn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCconvert View Post
presumably you had the fried spam on toast?

Thats what that was? Too funny ! My kids love spam , I got it a couple years ago as a joke " your lucky I never make you eat spam" (We had it all the time as kids). So I bought it and they all loved it I still have never made..LIVER AND ONIONS ...EEEEEW .
2011 "DREAMin" for 5 days
2010 Our first "WONDERful" cruise
Shipmates:MeDH
DD(18)DD(16)
DD(11)DD(5)

breakingd_awn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:46 PM   #39
Tinkerkell123
DIS Veteran

Fun thread!!

Will do again:

Palo Brunch (I like cold stuff! )
Wine tasting
Bring wine from home
Tea with Mad Hatter (DD LOVED this!)
FE's
Alone Time w/ champagne this time

Will do 1st time:

Palo Dinner
Rainforest
Hang out at the adult pool
Go to Diversions & Sessions at night
Set more DISmeet times during cruise BEFORE the cruise
Take a clock that lights up

Will NOT do:

Over pack (yeah, right...)
Go to work the day before we leave
Get off the ship in Cozumel or Grand Cayman
Take gym clothes and not use them (I just won't take them!)
Eat too much

The DaSilva's are:
Bert(DH), Kelli (DW),Alex (DD13) and Kevin(DS10)
* !!Theme Park Commandos!! WDW Commando Member # 223
My 1st cruise TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post35341965
Tinkerkell123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:26 PM   #40
Dicecatt
DIS Veteran

What a fun thread!

What I will do again:
1) Alone Time. Probably the best spa treatment I have ever had.
2) Palo Brunch...yummy crab.
3) Spend time in the clubs after dinner...we are always too full and too tired.
4) Watch a sunset from the ship
5) have that yummy Cadillac something martini that has coconut and other stuff I ALWAYS forget because I'm already buzzed when I have one
6) Martini tasting, yum.
7) If we go back to Nassau, we'll do the three stop snorkel through Stuart's cove again...how many 10 year olds have snorkeled over sharks?
8) get another pair of DCL sweatpants...I LOVE them, so comfy, and my family is sick of my one pair.
9) spend time reading on my balcony. I love that.
10) get SOMETHING signed by the characters. we've done a pillowcase, a photo matte, and a Disney Tote bag (it is so cute). I'm thinking on something special to get signed on the Med!

What I will do for the first time:
1) Palo High Tea
2) Bring my OWN clock. I never know what time it is onboard!
3) Shower and get ready in the spa
4) not worry about missing dinner if we don't feel like going
5) buy one of those clocks onboard. I don't like it in my stateroom but I will like it in my house

What I won't do again:
1) Pirate party. The kids even voted to skip it.
2) Bon Voyage party, except maybe from deck 10 and out of the way.
3) Bingo. I won once, $140, and used it towards my first Alone Time so it was worth it, but I have given way more back.
4) most of the shows. We aren't show people. I like what I've seen but we just aren't into it
5) the show that the kids do on the last day at the club with the tshirts. My kids have several tshirts each, they are done with it.
6) Vow to lose weight before my cruise...who am I kidding.
Dicecatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:30 AM   #41
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

What I will do again:
  • Bring over the door shoe rack for toiletries - so convenient will probably do for all trips more than a few days.
  • FEs - The kids and I really enjoyed this.
  • Rent car for transportation to/from port
  • Order room service more.
  • Arrange on our meet thread to have dinner with other families with girls our daughter's age. She met some great friends and so did we!!!

• Arrive at the port earlier. I was really stressed out arriving around 2.
  • Bring hanging shoe holder for shoes
  • Eat lunch/breakfast in the dining rooms - not everyday but some.
  • Enjoy a dessert buffet
  • Bring our own alcohol
  • Exercise and run CC 5K- broght workout clothes last time, just never made it the gym
  • Use the navigator on sea days. I feel like we missed so many activities not paying attention to the navigator.
  • Attend the "Till be meet again" party. The kids and I love character interaction.
  • Bring pop up hamper - saw this suggestion on here somewhere so THANK YOU

What I won't do again:
  • Palo - yes, it was good but not so much more than the dining rooms to warrent the extra costs
  • Overpack - well, we'll just have to wait and see!
  • Forget snorkle gear
  • Rent a car on a mountainous island. I was so nervous on St. Thomas I had a hard time enjoying myself

I am sure there are more for each list! Can't just think of them now!
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

Last edited by carmie3377; 03-10-2010 at 10:35 AM.
carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:59 AM   #42
Eeyore3838
I love being a Disney nerd!

What I will do again:
Bring some alcohol on board
Arrive at port early
Spend time in the Outlook Cafe
Use the hot tub at the Quiet Cove pool
Lunch at Beach Blanket on Nassau day (they have stone crabs!)
Palo Dinner
Let DH nap every afternoon
See a movie on board
Check out Atlantis
Order Mickey bars from room service
Make door magnets
Wine tasting
Book our next cruise on board (and EARLY before the line gets crazy)

Everything on the Dream!
Bring a highlighter for the navigator
Bring our own digital clock
Check out Cadillac Lounge/Sessions
Martini tasting
Room service for breakfast
Possibly a spa villa treatment?

What I won't do again:
Palo brunch - hubby was not impressed, so we will stick with dinner.
Majority of the shows - but we love Toy Story
Bingo - it is really expensive, and you don't even get to have the fun with the electronic cards
Pirate Party/Dessert Buffet - this is the one area I feel Disney does not do a good job with crowd control.
A 3 night cruise
2013: Jan - DCL 4 night, Jul - SSR, Sept - DLR trip to VGC, Oct - BLT
2012: Jan - SSR, Oct - AKV
2011: May - SSR and DCL 4 night, June - BCV, Dec - BCV
2010: Jan - BWV, Feb - AKV and DCL 4 night, May - SSR, Aug/Sept - DCL 11 night Med Cruise, Oct - THV, Dec - BLT
2009: Jan - DCL 4 night, Aug - BLT
2008: Jan - DCL 3 night, July - VWL
2007: Jan - WL and DCL 7 night, May - CSR, June - SSR, Sept - CBR, Dec - POR
2006: Oct - POP
2005: Sept - ASSports, Dec - POP
2004: Oct - POFQ, Dec - ASMovies
Eeyore3838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:30 AM   #43
lucky1
Face Character

Ok... Here is mine. I only posted what is I haven't read on this tread..

What I will do again:
  • Let DCL pick out tablemates: We were paired with a wonderful family that had a similar situation as us and after the 2nd night, we ran into each other all the time and spent time together. Now FB buddies! our DD are good friends.
  • Order Coffee and Bagels the last night at 10pm. Pot of coffee was warm the next morning and much needed before the early morning get off the ship and depart.
What I will not do next time:
  • forget to write on my SPA information sheet that I don't want a product sales pitch.
  • forget to look around the port. I was so busy trying for an upgrade, getting pictures and looking for DIS folks that I missed the ship model and the details in the lobby.
lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:03 PM   #44
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky1 View Post
Ok... Here is mine. I only posted what is I haven't read on this tread..

What I will do again:
  • Let DCL pick out tablemates: We were paired with a wonderful family that had a similar situation as us and after the 2nd night, we ran into each other all the time and spent time together. Now FB buddies! our DD are good friends.
  • Order Coffee and Bagels the last night at 10pm. Pot of coffee was warm the next morning and much needed before the early morning get off the ship and depart.
What I will not do next time:
  • forget to write on my SPA information sheet that I don't want a product sales pitch.
  • forget to look around the port. I was so busy trying for an upgrade, getting pictures and looking for DIS folks that I missed the ship model and the details in the lobby.
Oh, you just reminded me! Definitely will order coffee the night before debarkation. I didn't even know this would work (that the coffee would still be warm) until after we got home and I read it on the DIS.

I'm am also right there with you about looking around the terminal. I was so busy organizing my family, checking us in, I barely remember what the place looked like!
Old 03-10-2010, 04:24 PM   #45
trwprid
Mouseketeer

Will Do Again:

-Drive down to Orlando instead of flying. Saved us from a lot of stress and kept money in our pockets.
-Pad in a day before and after the ship to stretch out the vacation.
-Eat breakfasts and lunches in the full-service dining rooms.
-Do a load of laundry mid-trip to have fresh pajamas and underwear
-Abide by DCL's suggested dress for dinner. It made character photo opportunities more fun and it's the only time in recent memory I have pictures of DH where he's not wearing blue jeans and tennis shoes.
-Book a room on a lower deck to avoid waiting around for elevators all day.

Didn't Do but Will Next Time:

-Take along an extra pair of adult hands to keep the kid(s) entertained (I admit that DS stressed me out because he wanted to be on the go non-stop)
-Buy ship-specific souvenirs while still on-board (I'm angry at myself for not getting a Wonder Christmas ornament)
-See more movies onboard, even if it means I go by myself after kids are in bed
-See the Rainforest Room everyone keeps raving about
-NOT sit in the middle of the theater unless it's the row with the aisle in front. I'm short, and the seats aren't staggered well for people to be able to see mid-stage unless the person in front of them is very short (or a child). I had a couple of adults in front of me that didn't *get* that maybe I'd like to see, too. One guy switched with his son at the last minute effectively blocking me from seeing "Disney Dreams." I couldn't switch with my 6'5" DH because then he would have been blocking the kid behind me.
-Take along my own sea sickness medication. Boy, did we need it one night.

Won't Do Next Time:

-Book a cruise with Nassau as a port (alternately, I won't get off the ship on that port day)
-Worry about DS being in the kid's clubs. We waited until the last day to take him (we went to Palo that night) and it turned out he was more entertained there than with us
-Leave home without completely planning any excursions or outings we do at port by ourselves. We ended up walking around in circles which put me in a foul mood.
-Let myself get dehydrated again.

Wife to a fanatic, mom to a (age 6) and a (age 2.5).
[/url]
trwprid is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: