Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2010, 09:55 AM   #1606
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

I love all the updates--- sorry Christmas morning was a bit of a downer with Miss Keeley. Baylor just needed some MK to perk up.

Love the Penn State football player sighting and picture.

What Vera did you get ... I can't remember but boy it is cute.

Lots of shopping items I would like...

6 Days hooray!

So do you think AKL would be more your fancy than AKV?
Old 03-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #1607
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Last day...

Cool and cloudy.
This was our view from the balcony.

We dressed, grabbed some breakfast in our room and headed to Epcot.
We had a date with Happydog and crew!

They had packed to go home and were going to drive back later in the afternoon so we were just going to hang out in World Showcase, how fun is that???
We were set to meet in Japan...
Somehow Baylor got away from us.
I thought he was looking at the trains in Germany, must have been a mis-communication I tried not to panic but we walked on to Japan and there he was waiting...
The boy knows his way around!
And there was Jennifer and her guys!

Some of the pictures we took before we lost Baylor...

We met Donald in Mexico!

Then the boys did a Kim Possible mission.

Next stop was here for another mission....

Next country was .....

Norway!

We all rode the Maelstrom! Our friend Julia had joined us too this afternoon! We enjoyed spending time hanging out with her as well!

and the boys played!

We made our way towards the front of the park and spied a cute little squirrel.
Certainly not shy!

Then we grabbed a photo pass moment!

We all hopped on Spaceship Earth and then it was time to say goodbye...
Jennifer and I had a great time chatting! DIS friends are the best!
I hope we have the chance to meet up again!

We headed back towards World Showcase for our ADR and we heard "Baylor"!

We looked and it was a classmate of Baylor's and one of my students! So we stopped to visit and get pictures!

We told our friends goodbye and that we'd see them real soon! Then made our way to France and Chefs for a yummy dinner.
Then to Test Track to use the fast passes that Happydog had left us!
Thanks you guys!
Here we are!

Last edited by wigdoutdismom; 03-07-2010 at 10:10 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2010, 10:06 AM   #1608
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

After the ride on Test Track we caught the bus to Saratoga Springs.
Then we walked to DTD and to the Christmas tree just outside of Once Upon a Toy.
We were meeting MeMom, Jill and the girls!

Here's Brooklynn!

Me, sweet baby Bella and almost MeMom!

Here are all the girls and Baylor!

Little miss cutie trying to figure just what this guy was up to?!?
Perhaps showing off his new hoodie from MeMom! He certainly loves it!

Bella got wiggly and went back to her MeMom, who seems to know just how to handle her!

I'm sure some kids were playing in the water and Brooklynn and Baylor were watching them.

Even though he seems to be telling her goodbye, he didn't let her out of his sight! He sure thought she was neat!

Not long after this she started dancing and kicked off her shoe!

This was such a great DIS meet. I just felt so comfortable with MeMom, Jill and the girls. Like we had known them forever!
I can't wait for our July 4th party!

We were leaving the next day and had groceries left. I can't stand to throw things away especially at Disney where it's all so expensive.
So Jill agreed to have John drive over to SSR and pick up our stuff.
Little did we know it would be like breaking into Ft. Knox....
Finally they got in and we unloaded the food!
Said goodbye.
We got about the business of packing up.
The alarm was going to go off at 3 am.

And it did.

We had scheduled a towne car that didn't arrive....
So we got a taxi to the airport.
It had creepy music
"Honey" by Bobby Goldsboro

We got out of the Taxi....

I was splattered by vomit.

Baylor.

Seven times

All over the pavement.

Then it was over.

We made it home without further incident.

And as they say at the other place.....

That's all folks!

Last edited by wigdoutdismom; 03-07-2010 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:13 AM   #1609
wsushocker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
You're an updating machine!
One might think that she would get up and make breakfast for her loving husband who has been grading papers since 6:30 this morning!
All Star Movies June '06 Port Orleans French Quarter '07 Old Key West June '08 Saratoga Springs July '08 Saratoga Springs October '08 Old Key West March '09 Saratoga Springs/Beach Club May/June '09 Animal Kingdom-Kidani/Saratoga Springs December '09 Boardwalk March '10 Beach Club/DCL (Wonder) May/June '10 Bay Lake/Beach Club/Boardwalk July '10 Boardwalk October/November '10 Beach Club/Riverside December '10 Beach Club March '11 Beach Club/DCL (Dream)/Vero Beach May/June '11OKW/Saratoga Springs December '11/January '12 Boardwalk March '12 Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo)/Wilderness Lodge/DCL (Dream)/Vero Beach/Beach Club June July '12 Bay Lake October 2012 Beach Club Villas December/January 2012/2013 Beach Club Villas March 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo/DCL (Fantasy)/Beach Club Villas/Vero Beach/Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani/ May June 2013Bay Lake Tower October 2013
Old 03-07-2010, 10:59 AM   #1610
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

Well! What a beautiful end to your story! Oh Dear.....
But I'm glad that you got to spend some happy time with Harper on Christmas morning and that Baylor got his smile back! Sounds like the rest of the trip went pretty good!
Old 03-07-2010, 10:59 AM   #1611
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=MeMom;35725047]
Quote:
Harper is so sweet in all of the pictures. Her outfit is cute, and she looks like she is just going with the flow.

MeMom, isn't that the way it is with our grands? They just go with the flow!

Quote:
CBR has a cool food court and such a fun tree!

I have almost bought that little Jiminy Cricket about ten times, but haven't done it yet.
I love the themeing of the resorts, Disney makes each so special!
I think Jiminy needs to make his way home with you real soon!

Quote:
It didn't take Baylor long to get happy. That was good for all of you. I bet you were really ready for bed that night.
We did need to see that boy having a good time! It sure did our hearts good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
Great update! Loved the shopping pictures and Spectro!
My favorites though were the happy Baylor pictures!
Thanks, it was time for a happy Baylor!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Quote:
Well, you know what Donkey says on the Shrek Christmas special, "My mom always said Christmas wasn't Christmas until someone cries." I always laugh because that is truly the way it has always been in my family, but I am sorry that Keeley made Baylor cry on Christmas morning in Disney.
We typically have some eye rolling but no crying.....

Quote:
AKL is so pretty decorated for the holidays, and I love the gingerbread houses (especially the Spirit of Africa one).
I knew you were going to like that one and thought of you when I took that picture!

Quote:
Hurray for checking out CBR! Their Christmas decorations are really neat! If I had been there I would have had to buy the Christmas Tink with the Castle pin, the reindeer Pluto pin, the Christmas pajamas for Chelsea, and the soccer Mickey for Charles. I guess I should budget a pretty big souvenir budget for 2011.
As soon as you made your announcement I was excited to post this day!

Quote:
I am so happy to see Baylor smiling at the Magic Kingdom!!! What a great way to spend your evening!
He did perk up at CBR, he loves exploring new places....(I need to tell him you are staying there this summer, he will be much more impressed by that resort than the Grand.....lol) but we weren't out of the woods until he started the goofy dancing at MK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
Moments like that make all the other junk worth it. Glad the rest of your day went well. I love the Alice tea set!
It really did, we had our boy back, and that was a good thing!
[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
You know those Penn State boys were just as thrilled as you all were! I am sure they liked feeling like celebrities! Too cute that one of them said, "rock, chalk, jayhawk!"
Hey, did you see the Slushie Lushie desgn?
When we saw those guys they were chowing down on turkey legs and the meat was flying, kind of like cavemen....
They were really nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellem1118 View Post
Great, great updates! I'm so relieved that MK cheered Baylor right up.

Olivia's is great! We ate breakfast there on our honeymoon, and it was really good. We're hoping to get back over there sometime for lunch or dinner.

I can't wait to read about your last day!
Baylor perked right up, he loves the Magic Kingdom!
Keep reading, last day is up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
You're an updating machine! I'm so glad that Christmas day turned around and ended happily! Love the family pics at Osborne Lights... gorgeous!

Can't believe you are almost on your way back again!!
Hey Christine, did you see the Slushie Lushie design? I'm thinkin you need one!
Christmas night was wonderful!
Yes, 6 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I like this one. I hope he did a good job with his practice driving. I got hit by a fifteen year old that was practice driving once. She hit accelerate at the stop sign instead of brake. Spun me around into a telephone pole. I like that Baylor is getting in plenty of practice in a safe car.
Oh my gosh, were you hurt?
That sounds awful!
I'm sure you had your seatbelt on right?
How about the car?
Oh gosh!

Quote:
Yeah, well, when you only have a PBJ someday, you may lower yourself to taking pictures of other people's food!

The chicken at Flame Tree is so good. I love just walking by and smelling that place! Aroma was one of our Vocabulary words this week, and that place was totally my first thought when I was making up sentences!

I love the happy picture at the Osborne Lights. Looks like a nice end to the day.
Now wait a minute, you all had lunch there!
I am having that chicken next time though!
We might share it though.
Aroma is a great vocab word.
Flame Tree is a great thought to have.....

Osbourne lights was a great ending to our day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
Yay, Disney magic at its best. I'm glad Baylor perked up after you got to MK. Baylor looks so small next to the football palyers, they must have been huuuuuge!
Oh yes those guys were huge for sure! Really nice too!
Baylor was pixie dusted in a big way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
I love all the updates--- sorry Christmas morning was a bit of a downer with Miss Keeley. Baylor just needed some MK to perk up.

Love the Penn State football player sighting and picture.

What Vera did you get ... I can't remember but boy it is cute.

Lots of shopping items I would like...

6 Days hooray!

So do you think AKL would be more your fancy than AKV?
The VB is from the Frill line, it's a Symphony in Hue print
Baylor was thrilled with the Penn State spotting and photo, I'm glad I wasn't shy about asking them!
Always happy to help out with shopping!

Hmmmmm, as for the AKL vs AKV.....
The lodge isn't as new, but it has that great lobby!

From what I hear the Villas are supposed to be larger at Kidani.
Maybe you should check that out.

We had great bus service! It was never crowded! I guess I would say you can't go wrong either way.
I'd just check out size of the accommodations....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsushocker View Post
One might think that she would get up and make breakfast for her loving husband who has been grading papers since 6:30 this morning!
I'll just thank you now for the waffles!
Old 03-07-2010, 11:23 AM   #1612
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Thanks for a great TR Anita, Harper is so cute and I'm so pleased Baylor cheered up
Old 03-07-2010, 11:42 AM   #1613
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post

MeMom, isn't that the way it is with our grands? They just go with the flow!

Bella, yes. Brooklynn is a bit more high maintenance, but she does well unless she is tired, pretty much. When she is tired, just call it a day and put her to bed. She'll wake up happy and ready to go again.

Quote:

I think Jiminy needs to make his way home with you real soon!
I know he has said that to himself all the hundred times I have picked him up and walked around with him, but he always gets put back on the shelf.

Quote:
Now wait a minute, you all had lunch there!
Nope, not this time. This was the PBJ trip for me.

Quote:
I am having that chicken next time though!
We might share it though.
Aroma is a great vocab word.
Flame Tree is a great thought to have.....

Osbourne lights was a great ending to our day!
We have had lunch there in the past many times, and I think between us we have tried it all. I like the chicken and the fruit platter, and that is enough for two people to have more than enough.

I try to think Disney thoughts whenever I can at school. For 'Read Me Week', part of our fun was reading by singing. I copied the words to the Toy Story CD and had them read along/sing along to the music. I got my Disney fix, they got to read, and we all had a blast. We don't have 'blasts' too often at school, so 'Read Me Week' was a perfect excuse to do something different.

I was trying to keep Bella's feet covered in one picture, but I still see a tootsie sticking out. We had her wrapped in a blanket, so Jill forgot socks. She ended up buying some for her.

That was a fun night - the live music out by the tree, families together enjoying good times, Baylor and Brooklynn dancing around... it is a sweet memory. We'll make some more this summer, only if Brooklynn throws a shoe off of a BLT balcony, it might clonk someone in the head!

The leftover groceries went to very good use. They were very much appreciated, I can assure you.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:50 AM   #1614
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I'm always cold....
Do you remember Bella's feet feeling cold?
I stuck my fingers out of my mittens and they weren't cold at all!
But she was a wiggle worm!
Old 03-07-2010, 12:01 PM   #1615
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Goodness gracious four entries in less than 48 hours!!! I love it! Boy, it is clear that my son was the KP piggie in those photos! I was thinking he would SHARE the mission with Baylor, um that didn't happen...

It was great just hanging out with you guys too, and I do hope we can see eachother on another trip sometime soon!!! I am scheming for next spring

At anyrate, I am honored to be part of your disney memories! And thrilled you guys were in ours!!!

I know that we both agreed that celebrating Christmas at Disney was more than magical!!! I can't wait to do it again.

Sorry that things were a little disappointing on Christmas day, but it does look like you were able to get it behind you all in no time! I LOVE all the shopping photos... I really should have grabbed more at Christmas, but I think I made up for it this last trip!

Can't wait to hear about your amazing adventures next week, I am so excited to hear all about the flower show -- I am truly going to be hanging on your every word!!!!

Here is to a great countdown to vacation! JUST A FEW MORE DAYS!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani *
February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '11 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise *
Old 03-07-2010, 12:02 PM   #1616
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I'm always cold....
Do you remember Bella's feet feeling cold?
I stuck my fingers out of my mittens and they weren't cold at all!
But she was a wiggle worm!
I'm sure one of us had her feet covered constantly before we met up with you, so she was probably warm from that already. I'm about as cold-natured as they come, so I'm sure it was a case of me covering her feet because I was cold.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:09 PM   #1617
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
Well! What a beautiful end to your story! Oh Dear.....
But I'm glad that you got to spend some happy time with Harper on Christmas morning and that Baylor got his smile back! Sounds like the rest of the trip went pretty good!
I was in panic mode! Luckily he stopped and we slept all the way to Dallas! Then it was a very short flight on to Wichita!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Thanks for a great TR Anita, Harper is so cute and I'm so pleased Baylor cheered up
Thanks Jo! It was great to see Baylor smiling again! We did miss Harper when she left though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Quote:
Bella, yes. Brooklynn is a bit more high maintenance, but she does well unless she is tired, pretty much. When she is tired, just call it a day and put her to bed. She'll wake up happy and ready to go again.
We all need to go to bed when we are tired though....

Quote:
I know he has said that to himself all the hundred times I have picked him up and walked around with him, but he always gets put back on the shelf.
I'm sure he's been wishing on a star to come to your house!

Quote:
Nope, not this time. This was the PBJ trip for me.
I have no recollection of PBJ.....that makes me sad.

Quote:
We have had lunch there in the past many times, and I think between us we have tried it all. I like the chicken and the fruit platter, and that is enough for two people to have more than enough.
Marc and I had some sandwich, Baylor made the better choice.

Quote:
I try to think Disney thoughts whenever I can at school. For 'Read Me Week', part of our fun was reading by singing. I copied the words to the Toy Story CD and had them read along/sing along to the music. I got my Disney fix, they got to read, and we all had a blast. We don't have 'blasts' too often at school, so 'Read Me Week' was a perfect excuse to do something different.
What a great idea!
I on the other hand don't have that kind of flexibility.
We team on everything.
My team mates are not DIS nuts...

Quote:
I was trying to keep Bella's feet covered in one picture, but I still see a tootsie sticking out. We had her wrapped in a blanket, so Jill forgot socks. She ended up buying some for her.
Babies tend to be warm when we are cold!

That was a fun night - the live music out by the tree, families together enjoying good times, Baylor and Brooklynn dancing around... it is a sweet memory. We'll make some more this summer, only if Brooklynn throws a shoe off of a BLT balcony, it might clonk someone in the head!
It was fun! I hope to spend many more times together with you all!
If Brooklynn does pull such a stunt, we'll all run inside and hide!
Then peek out!

Then send one of the guys down to get the shoe and see if anyone was injured.....

Quote:
The leftover groceries went to very good use. They were very much appreciated, I can assure you.
[/quote]
I'm glad!
Old 03-07-2010, 12:10 PM   #1618
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Holy cats, that was a lot of updates!

I that Baylor skipped down main street, I was feeling very upset on his behalf prior to reading that. And the Penn State football team, how cool is that. He will never ever forget it.

What a wonderful last day of DIS meets, lots and lots of them with great pictures!

Despite all the drama it sounds like the end of the trip worked out quite well and substantially calmer

Poor Baylor, and you at the end.

SEVEN times?
Old 03-07-2010, 12:15 PM   #1619
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Holy cats, that was a lot of updates!

I that Baylor skipped down main street, I was feeling very upset on his behalf prior to reading that. And the Penn State football team, how cool is that. He will never ever forget it.

What a wonderful last day of DIS meets, lots and lots of them with great pictures!

Despite all the drama it sounds like the end of the trip worked out quite well and substantially calmer

Poor Baylor, and you at the end.

SEVEN times?
We had a great ending to the trip if you can leave off the seven piles of puke!
Great meets with Happydog and guys, Julia, who we are going to see in a week since she is a cast member, and last but not least MeMom, Jill, John, Brooklynn and Bella!
Good times at the end!
I had to get this thing wrapped up so I can get all packed up for our departure next Saturday!
Thanks for reading along!
Old 03-07-2010, 12:17 PM   #1620
jewjubean
You can call me Bean
My vote "the TG" is a Mutant ninja fairy ranger. Fighting for crazy people everywhere!!:D

Yay great update! Cant wait to see you guys this week! I'm sending you a PM as you read this of my schedule this week!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: