Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2010, 09:00 PM   #16
MickeyMomOfThree
DIS Veteran

We were scheduled for one oppertunity and got turned down a few days after getting confirmed. The they asked us to work this summer, and we will be, but afraid this may happen we did a different oppertunity for the vouchers. Glad we did, we have had our vouchers for some time. I not only just saw the ad, but also an ad for a show with some of the Volunteers visiting Disney. I suspect hey will do something for the rest of the year.
I Always wanted A Family and Now I Have A Great One!!!! Many Trips As A Kid Made Me Want To Have Many Trips as A Mom --- Now I'm Doing Just That --- Thanks hubby For Great Kids, a Great Family, and GREAT DISNEY VACATIONS!!! Married 17 Years and Counting ...
**SOG 10/97**ASSp 2/00**ASMu 3/01** ASMo 11/02**ASMo 11/04**ASSp 11/06**ASSp 11/08**ASSp 11/10**And some off property trips mixed in**
**Dreaming of 11/12 Or sooner if we win the lottery before that! **

Don't be Grumpy , be Happy , even if it makes you a little Sleepy DQC

Please see the Hidden Mickey for Haiti thread
MickeyMomOfThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:48 PM   #17
MickeysFans
Mouseketeer

I got this today:
"On March 3rd Disney announced that they are nearing the limit of 1 million free tickets. Therefore to secure a Disney ticket you must complete the
registration process ASAP."

We already did ours with a different organization, but I am surprised how fast they went!
MickeysFans is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2010, 08:31 AM   #18
andrews_dad
DIS Veteran

1 million times each ticket's value is one heck of an investment from Diz. I am sure that not all will be actually used. Just like Gift Cards, many folks lose them or forget about them. Still even if only 850,000 of those get used it is quite a commitment by Diz. Any numbers ever come out about how many people got a free day on their Bday?
andrews_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:50 AM   #19
MickeyMomOfThree
DIS Veteran

OP, did you see this?
http://www.disunplugged.com/2010/03/...on-volunteers/

You're Famous!
I Always wanted A Family and Now I Have A Great One!!!! Many Trips As A Kid Made Me Want To Have Many Trips as A Mom --- Now I'm Doing Just That --- Thanks hubby For Great Kids, a Great Family, and GREAT DISNEY VACATIONS!!! Married 17 Years and Counting ...
**SOG 10/97**ASSp 2/00**ASMu 3/01** ASMo 11/02**ASMo 11/04**ASSp 11/06**ASSp 11/08**ASSp 11/10**And some off property trips mixed in**
**Dreaming of 11/12 Or sooner if we win the lottery before that! **

Don't be Grumpy , be Happy , even if it makes you a little Sleepy DQC

Please see the Hidden Mickey for Haiti thread
MickeyMomOfThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:53 AM   #20
hrh_disney_queen
My DH has the hots for Stacey
Momma wuvs her little kitty-kitty, oh yes she does, oh, yes she does
I knew what he was before I touched him, just never thought they could MOVE that fast

I just told a friend about GAD yesterday and she was so excited. I told her they were getting close to running out, so unless she took me seriously she will be out of luck.

I was pretty sure they would run out very early, so I did my volunteer work the first of February, and printed my vouchers on the 4th.

I would have never thought they would go that quickly if I didn't come on the Dis.

"There's such a thing as good grief. Just ask Charlie Brown." Michael Scott..................Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
hrh_disney_queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:11 AM   #21
Mickey1Fan
He had five fingers and was wearing white gloves

I am happy I signed up but is anyone really surprised that they million are almost gone. I thought they would be gone by the end of February.

Nice to see Disunpluged is checking out the competition here at DISboards and quoting our members

Last trip...WDW Port Orleans French Quarter and DCL Disney Fantasy September 2013

Dreams Take Flight Group Leader 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
http://yyz.dreamstakeflight.ca/
Mickey1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:48 AM   #22
BlueFairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey1Fan View Post
I am happy I signed up but is anyone really surprised that they million are almost gone. I thought they would be gone by the end of February.

Nice to see Disunpluged is checking out the competition here at DISboards and quoting our members
Did you know that Disunplugged and DISboards are co-owned, affiliated and managed by the same people? The DISUnplugged podcast and blog grew out of the boards. They are not competition.
5/2-5/7/10 - WL ~ 6/13 - San Diego/Disneyland ~ 8/14 - WL Mommy/Daughter Trip

BlueFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:54 AM   #23
Foladar
Living in ORLANDO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey1Fan View Post
Competition? It's the same site - isn't it?

Edit: Wow, I am slooooooooooooooooow.
Foladar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:58 AM   #24
Vacation Lover
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting this info. I had been waiting to hear back from a second volunteer opportunity before completing my registration. But after reading this post last night, I went ahead and completed my registration with the first organization. Glad I got in before the million was up!

November, 2013...Windsor Hills
January, 2010...Windsor Hills
September, 2007...Caribbean Beach Resort
November, 2006...Sheraton Safari
Vacation Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:25 AM   #25
Mickey1Fan
He had five fingers and was wearing white gloves

Hi BlueFairy,

It's good to learn new things every day. I had no idea they were affiliated.

Thanks

Last trip...WDW Port Orleans French Quarter and DCL Disney Fantasy September 2013

Dreams Take Flight Group Leader 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
http://yyz.dreamstakeflight.ca/
Mickey1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:29 AM   #26
lisabarr
Caused an uproar over Tag Fairy vs Tag Genie
Craftily Challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacation Lover View Post
Thanks for posting this info. I had been waiting to hear back from a second volunteer opportunity before completing my registration. But after reading this post last night, I went ahead and completed my registration with the first organization. Glad I got in before the million was up!
Just because you are registered doesn't guarantee a ticket. You must complete your volunteer work first, then the tickets! So, work fast!

lisabarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:57 AM   #27
Vacation Lover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabarr View Post
Just because you are registered doesn't guarantee a ticket. You must complete your volunteer work first, then the tickets! So, work fast!
Thanks for this info...we are collecting school supplies for Childrens Chance. I thought once you registered and were confirmed, you were all set to receive a ticket once you did the work, regardless of whether you did it immediately or in a month. Is that not the case? If no, we'd better get crackin'!

November, 2013...Windsor Hills
January, 2010...Windsor Hills
September, 2007...Caribbean Beach Resort
November, 2006...Sheraton Safari
Vacation Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:28 PM   #28
ccgirl
DIS Veteran

Once you register and receive your confirmation VOP email you are all set and it does guarantee you a voucher. You do not have to do your volunteer opportunity immediately. Just make sure you have registered and received the confirmation email.
Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2503063
Oct 2011 - F&W AKL and BCV
May 2012 - HGVC SeaWorld
ccgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:44 PM   #29
lisabarr
Caused an uproar over Tag Fairy vs Tag Genie
Craftily Challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgirl View Post
Once you register and receive your confirmation VOP email you are all set and it does guarantee you a voucher. You do not have to do your volunteer opportunity immediately. Just make sure you have registered and received the confirmation email.

I believe service must be completed prior to getting your tix, you are not guaranteed or that wouldn't be fair to people who sign up then don't complete. This is from the FAQs on the Disney website.

Subject to these terms and conditions, tickets may be obtained under this program by (1) signing up for an eligible volunteer opportunity in 2010 at a participating organization from this site and completing such volunteer service, or (2) signing up with HON, with Southwest Airlines or though the Disney VoluntEARS program to participate in a volunteer activity that is later designated by Disney as a volunteer activity conducted in conjunction with the “Give a Day. Get a Disney Day.” Launch or Tour and actually participating in and completing such activity, or (3) receiving and accepting an invitation from HON to participate in a volunteer activity that is later designated by Disney as a volunteer activity conducted in conjunction with the “Give a Day. Get a Disney Day.” Launch or Tour and actually participating in and completing such activity.

lisabarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:59 PM   #30
alexandmaddie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacation Lover View Post
Thanks for this info...we are collecting school supplies for Childrens Chance. I thought once you registered and were confirmed, you were all set to receive a ticket once you did the work, regardless of whether you did it immediately or in a month. Is that not the case? If no, we'd better get crackin'!
You are correct. As long as your volunteer opportunity is registered with the Hands On Network, you're being counted as part of the million and you can do your volunteering at a later date.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: