Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2010, 11:09 PM   #1531
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
I forgot to mention too that I am so glad that you kept your Biergarten ADR. I know you were going back and forth on it and that it is something a lot of people shy away from.....but isn't it gooooood??!! I love that warm potato salad too, the salmon, pretzel rolls, etc. The entertainment is fun too and I think I might have a crush on one of them....Mike might be his name

Tracy
I am glad we kept it! Marc isn't crazy about it and isn't in any hurry to go back but I think it's yummy

I had no clue that you had your eye on a certain someone in the band!
Old 03-04-2010, 07:53 AM   #1532
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to give you an update on Hannah's reading score. I called her teacher on Monday and expressed my concern about the big drop. She said that she didn't think much of it because 1) the selection may have been harder than what she's used to reading and 2) there could have been distractions. She said Hannah is on grade level for her reading so she's not worried. Progress Reports were also sent home Monday and she had a 25/26 for reading.

Also some big news in our house: Last April my position was eliminated and I've been job hunting. A friend of mine who works in the same profession was leaving her job and told me about it. I had an inteview yesterday and was offered the position, which I accepted. I start tomorrow. I'm wishing I'd told him I'd start Monday! Now to start scheming on convincing Clay on a Thanksgiving trip to WDW!

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2010, 11:35 AM   #1533
njtinkmom
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to thank you for starting me on a new obsession - Vera Bradley! I just ordered a hipster, backpack and matching wallet in Raspberry Fizz off of their website. That pattern is also 25% off and all of it was on sale already - so all together it cost $97 - is that a good price? Anyway - I am ready for my July trip in high fashion now! I guess I will have to retire my belly bag thank god!

Old 03-04-2010, 11:59 AM   #1534
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
The entertainment is fun too and I think I might have a crush on one of them....Mike might be his name

Tracy
I hadn't thought of looking at the musicians. Maybe my knight in shining armor is really in an Alpine hat and lederhosen! I'm going to look more closely next time we eat there.

Of course, I've got this whole thing going with Naveen right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post

Also some big news in our house: Last April my position was eliminated and I've been job hunting. A friend of mine who works in the same profession was leaving her job and told me about it. I had an inteview yesterday and was offered the position, which I accepted. I start tomorrow. I'm wishing I'd told him I'd start Monday! Now to start scheming on convincing Clay on a Thanksgiving trip to WDW!
Congratulations on your job, Jill! I hope it works out wonderfully for you. I'm going to be working on my crew for a Thanksgiving trip, too. We really liked our other Thanksgiving trip.

wigd, this time next week, you'll almost be at the starting gate of your trip! Our kids are out starting Friday, but teachers have to come. We are out the whole next week, though. I think we are going to start our Memphis excursion Friday night, according to Jill. If she drives past Memphis and ends up in Orlando, I'll give you a call.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:53 PM   #1535
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Just wanted to give you an update on Hannah's reading score. I called her teacher on Monday and expressed my concern about the big drop. She said that she didn't think much of it because 1) the selection may have been harder than what she's used to reading and 2) there could have been distractions. She said Hannah is on grade level for her reading so she's not worried. Progress Reports were also sent home Monday and she had a 25/26 for reading.
Hmmmmm, I guess it's a good thing that she isn't worried. Did you ask her when Hannah will be taking the SRI again? Our kids take it in May, a few weeks before school is out.

Quote:
Congrats on the job! I'm sure you are so relieved!
How about doing a Christmas trip instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by njtinkmom View Post
I just wanted to thank you for starting me on a new obsession - Vera Bradley! I just ordered a hipster, backpack and matching wallet in Raspberry Fizz off of their website. That pattern is also 25% off and all of it was on sale already - so all together it cost $97 - is that a good price? Anyway - I am ready for my July trip in high fashion now! I guess I will have to retire my belly bag thank god!
Welcome to the VB sisterhood! Isn't the Raspberry Fizz cheerful? I just love that print!
Bye bye bellybag!

On the price? I think you did really well for all that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Quote:
I hadn't thought of looking at the musicians. Maybe my knight in shining armor is really in an Alpine hat and lederhosen! I'm going to look more closely next time we eat there.
I've heard of the "Off Kilter" groupies, but not the groupies for the guys in the German band...... You girls might be onto something.....

Quote:
Of course, I've got this whole thing going with Naveen right now...
Tianna might have something else to say about that!

wigd, this time next week, you'll almost be at the starting gate of your trip! Our kids are out starting Friday, but teachers have to come. We are out the whole next week, though. I think we are going to start our Memphis excursion Friday night, according to Jill. If she drives past Memphis and ends up in Orlando, I'll give you a call.
This time next week I'll be worrying about getting laundry all finished up....
We have a half day with kids on Friday then half day to work. I'll be out that door and taking the dogs to the kennel as fast as we can go....
Then the crazy packing will begin in earnest....

IF I were to get a call from you saying that you had driven on past Memphis AND were heading to Orlando.....
I'd
Have
The
Biggest
Grin
On
My
Face
Ever!
Old 03-04-2010, 06:07 PM   #1536
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb
Quote:

Hmmmmm, I guess it's a good thing that she isn't worried. Did you ask her when Hannah will be taking the SRI again? Our kids take it in May, a few weeks before school is out.
No, I didn't even think to ask her about that! DOH It's Family Night (aka PTSO Meeting and Book Fair!) on Monday night and I'm sure I'll see her then and will ask her. Also get to hear about transitioning to 3rd grade and the joys of EOGs.

Quote:
Quote:

Congrats on the job! I'm sure you are so relieved!
How about doing a Christmas trip instead?
Thanks! I'm very relieved! I would love to do a Christmas trip but we don't have Alison for Christmas this year. It's our year to have her for Thanksgiving. The only problem I can see is the girls would have to miss 2 days of school and I can see Alison's Mom giving us a hassle about it.

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
Old 03-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #1537
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

What restaurants are available with the CP?

Your trip is so close! Grey Goose slushies here you come!

Old 03-04-2010, 08:25 PM   #1538
wsushocker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
All Star Movies June '06 Port Orleans French Quarter '07 Old Key West June '08 Saratoga Springs July '08 Saratoga Springs October '08 Old Key West March '09 Saratoga Springs/Beach Club May/June '09 Animal Kingdom-Kidani/Saratoga Springs December '09 Boardwalk March '10 Beach Club/DCL (Wonder) May/June '10 Bay Lake/Beach Club/Boardwalk July '10 Boardwalk October/November '10 Beach Club/Riverside December '10 Beach Club March '11 Beach Club/DCL (Dream)/Vero Beach May/June '11OKW/Saratoga Springs December '11/January '12 Boardwalk March '12 Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo)/Wilderness Lodge/DCL (Dream)/Vero Beach/Beach Club June July '12 Bay Lake October 2012 Beach Club Villas December/January 2012/2013 Beach Club Villas March 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo/DCL (Fantasy)/Beach Club Villas/Vero Beach/Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani/ May June 2013Bay Lake Tower October 2013
Old 03-04-2010, 08:59 PM   #1539
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
No, I didn't even think to ask her about that! DOH It's Family Night (aka PTSO Meeting and Book Fair!) on Monday night and I'm sure I'll see her then and will ask her. Also get to hear about transitioning to 3rd grade and the joys of EOGs.
Quote:
It's possible that they don't even retest, maybe it's better that you let the matter rest for now and bring it back up around May 1st. I'm sure her teacher will have a full agenda Monday night....
You know her better than I do.
Do what you feel comfortable doing!

Quote:
Thanks! I'm very relieved! I would love to do a Christmas trip but we don't have Alison for Christmas this year. It's our year to have her for Thanksgiving. The only problem I can see is the girls would have to miss 2 days of school and I can see Alison's Mom giving us a hassle about it.
A group of us are working on a Christmas 2011 trip, maybe that will work for you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
What restaurants are available with the CP?

Your trip is so close! Grey Goose slushies here you come!
The restaurants are categorized by price...
Biergarten, Nine Dragons, San Angel, Le Cellier, Garden Grill, Rose & Crown, Marrakesh, Chefs de France, Teppan Edo, Tutto Itallia, Coral Reef.

I'm starting to sound like a slushie, lushie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsushocker View Post
I'm not so sure these are the guys she had in mind....
Old 03-04-2010, 09:42 PM   #1540
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I started thinking about what came after the Candlelight Processional and realized that we just slowly made our way out of the park and headed back to the resort to start packing....
It had been an emotional day and a rather tiring one at that.
I snapped some photos as we made our way through World Showcase...

I just love the Norway Christmas windows!

Inside the shop in Norway! I'm sure we were looking for the troll!

Sorry, no Troll pictures....
I took a deep breath, held it and made my way through the perfume room.
Honestly that room gags me.
Gives me a headache.
Never wear the stuff.
No perfume ever.

Over to Mexico we went and rode this.

This was fun!
Harper loved it almost as much as IASW! It just didn't have quite as many dolls to look at

We walked towards the front of the park, can you spot Harper and her Mimi?

We went this way and that....

Deciding to look in this window.

Wouldn't you want to look too?

On to Space Ship Earth we went for our voyage through time....

Oh, then to Sunshine Seasons for supper...

We had a great meal here, so much food. I don't think anyone was able to have a happy plate but we left very full!
At this point we were ready to head to the bus....
Baylor was tired!

When we got back we all started packing and Harper got ready for bed and played with her Disney toys....

Do you want to play too?

Up next, Christmas Day!
Bye Bye big kids.....
Old 03-04-2010, 09:56 PM   #1541
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran

Enjoyed your updates minus the drama! I loved Harper's face paint..too cute! And the toys look fun to play with!

Our July 2011 TR: Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN! Our July 2011 PTR: Big Family Fun...Hopefully!
Our 2009 PTR: Twice the Excitement, Twice the Fun Our 2009 TR:Plans Change with a 4 year old!

Honeymoon-Yacht Club July 2001 All Star Movies July 2003 Hannah's First Trip-All Star Movies September 2006 Owen's First Trip-Pop Century June 2009 Our 10 year Anniversary - Caribbean Beach July 2011
Old 03-04-2010, 10:14 PM   #1542
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Looks like a very nice evening! Harper is too cute in her Christmas pjs!
Old 03-04-2010, 11:30 PM   #1543
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsushocker View Post
The one one the left is too short, and I'm not much for facial hair, so the other one is out. Might I see Bachelor #3, please?

Mimi and Harper look so cute walking along together.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:24 AM   #1544
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

All the Christmas pictures reminded me why I love Disney at Christmas. I may need to join the Christmas 2011 group.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 03-05-2010, 05:12 AM   #1545
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

The pictures with you and Harper are soooo cute!!! She is so precious especially in her Christmas pajamas!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: