Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2010, 09:37 PM   #15
dizneedoll
Curioser and Curioser

I don't post often over on the podcast board too often but I love the idea of a book club! Thanks for taking it on Nikki. I read Pirate Latitudes about a month ago. I don't want to discuss too much of the plot yet so I don't spoil it for others. But I'll just say of all the Crichton books I've read this was pretty much the worst one. Not that is was bad, just not as good as his other works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBudgie View Post
Yes, a part of me is wondering how do we know he really wrote it? Especially since it is so different from his others.
I wondered the same thing. I've read almost all of his books and this one doesn't feel like him at all. I wondered what the story behind the "lost" manuscript was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Mousketeer View Post
I'm a few chapters into it and I'm enjoying it. But be wary - this is not our beloved Pirates of the Caribbean. This is what went on in the back alleys!
True. But there are a lot of similarities to the Pirates movies. I wondered if he maybe wrote the book, then went to the movies and saw POTC and walked out thinking "oh crap, well I guess I won't be publishing that"

1975 Contemporary-- 1995 Polynesian-- 2004 Wildreness Lodge-- 2005 Port Orleans French Quarter-- 2009 Port Orleans Riverside
Disneyland-50+ times

dizneedoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: