Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2010, 02:36 AM   #181
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

I can see them just fine!!!

& the packages look great!!!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:21 PM   #182
mrshart
Earning My Ears

I will be traveling with a toddler and am thinking about ordering a basket. Does Shirley ever do toddler friendly baskets with age appro. toys, snacks? What about doing only organic snacks? Milk boxes instead of soda?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2010, 04:05 PM   #183
snelsonbrown
"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend." R.L. Stevenson

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshart View Post
I will be traveling with a toddler and am thinking about ordering a basket. Does Shirley ever do toddler friendly baskets with age appro. toys, snacks? What about doing only organic snacks? Milk boxes instead of soda?
EVERY gift "basket" is custom made to each child or adult regardless - no matter the age or occasion, we can do it and the best part of it all, is that all details are covered since we always take any issues to heart and the best part we LOVE WHAT WE DO
As always
Shirley
email [/email] snelsonbrown@aol.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/PerfectGiftCapeCanaveral

http://www.facebook.com/#!/DISWelcomeCenter

CLICK AT THE LINK FOR INFORMATION ON CAPE CANAVERAL AND COCOA BEACH THREAD.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520273

CLICK HERE FOR THE LINK ON GIFT BASKETS BY SHIRLEY

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1723220
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Deals: Treat yourself to a sweet deal on popular laptops!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!
snelsonbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:11 PM   #184
catzle
DIS Veteran

bama-mom, do you remember how much you paid for those. I would like to do the same thing. Thanks
catzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:08 PM   #185
Evans Family
Disney Crazy

bumping thread....has anyone ordered a basket for a X-mas cruise?

More pictures out there?

Evans Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:29 AM   #186
mammacaryn
Don't be a JERK!

I ordered my husband a basket back in March and was very happy. Customer service is fantastic as well! Couldn't ask for a better group of folks to deal with.

You have to remember though when you order these baskets (I worked in a flower shop for years and some people just do NOT understand this) you are NOT getting $40 worth of stuff in a $40 basket. They look nice and are a nice surprise and that is what you are paying for....the experience of watching someone get something nice!

I paid about $65 for the one I got my husband. It was in a generic cardboard fruit basket box. Had a 6 pack of Yuengling, 4 mini liquor bottles, 6 mini cans of V8, some kind of nuts, a couple pens and some beef jerky and/or juju fruits. There may have been a couple trinkets in there too. (so probably about 25-30 dollars worth of stuff)I wish I would have taken a photo!

This isn't a knock on the business, but I know a lot of folks avoid answering the question about how much things cost. I'm just being honest. They look really nice and are worth it in that respect. I am planning on passing the website on to my inlaws in hopes they might order something for the kids this time around

January 2009 Disney Wonder-Bahamas
March 2010 Disney Magic-Western Caribbean
March 2011 Disney Dream-Bahamas

mammacaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:03 PM   #187
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Sounds like Shirley made a nice you a nice basket... I'm hoping to order from her soon!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 09-13-2010, 03:22 PM   #188
MamaPoppins
Mouseketeer

We cruise in a week and I ordered some baskets for my son and my nieces....service over the phone was very good. I cant wait myself to see the baskets.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:12 PM   #189
Hygiene99
I am quite the little Teapot
EVERYTHING DISNEY

May Repo Cruiser / Panama

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammacaryn View Post
I ordered my husband a basket back in March and was very happy. Customer service is fantastic as well! Couldn't ask for a better group of folks to deal with.

You have to remember though when you order these baskets (I worked in a flower shop for years and some people just do NOT understand this) you are NOT getting $40 worth of stuff in a $40 basket. They look nice and are a nice surprise and that is what you are paying for....the experience of watching someone get something nice!

I paid about $65 for the one I got my husband. It was in a generic cardboard fruit basket box. Had a 6 pack of Yuengling, 4 mini liquor bottles, 6 mini cans of V8, some kind of nuts, a couple pens and some beef jerky and/or juju fruits. There may have been a couple trinkets in there too. (so probably about 25-30 dollars worth of stuff)I wish I would have taken a photo!

This isn't a knock on the business, but I know a lot of folks avoid answering the question about how much things cost. I'm just being honest. They look really nice and are worth it in that respect. I am planning on passing the website on to my inlaws in hopes they might order something for the kids this time around

There is also a fee that is paid to DCL.

She has to pay to get each Basket delivered, on the ship.

Not cheap!!
Hygiene99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:48 PM   #190
snelsonbrown
"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend." R.L. Stevenson

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hygiene99 View Post
There is also a fee that is paid to DCL.

She has to pay to get each Basket delivered, on the ship.

Not cheap!!
Hello Tink (again)
What folks don't realize is that we do not carry all the types of beer and wine that is requested so Norm does have to do a great deal of shopping and looking for what the customer asked for in size, type, etc - we have been asked from A to Z for different types of items and have never once charged a "shopping" fee - we do this simply because its our job to make our customers pleased - I remember on one ocassion having to drive all the way to Melbourne for that was the only place that carried a special T-shirt a customer wanted for her husband - did I charge her over the top, nope we didn't. Now DCL charges us $12.50 per delivery - we charge $14.00 for that $1.50 we have a number of check points before we can get to our "spot", wait to be unloaded, make sure our manifest is correct, make sure everything gets on board and then we have the cost of badging which is over $100.00 a year for each driver oh we also need a Federal badging also - do I believe it is all worth it - you darn tooten I do for DCL is one of the safest port that I know of and I love everyone of those we come in contact with. I believe DCL goes over the top for the guest. We are the only floral and gift basket shop left here in Brevard County simply because noone wanted to take on all that we do. Norm and I really love all the folks that have become friends here. The time will be coming when we will no longer be able to continue this pace of stress and I am not looking to that time, but for now we give it our darnest - We do not make that much on the gift baskets believe it or not - folks believe we are over the top with orders and that isn't so - we are "steady" and grateful for what we do get - someone can be in the floral business, but when it comes to what we do? Noone really knows unless they come to the shop and stay for a few days or so.
Yep I am off my soap box - you know me, get on a subject and need to know when to hush up
Hugssssssssss from Norm and I to all of you that has made it possible for us to continue doing what we really love and believe me, we really have to love what we do in order to keep from going insane. We really and sincerely appreciate each and all of you for some of you have become forever friends including the staff of DU - it is spoken that there are a lot of bad folks out there, but you know what, if everyone in this world was as nice as all the members of the disboard, what a difference there would be in this world
OK I will close my mouth NOW :-)
Just me
big mouth
email [/email] snelsonbrown@aol.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/PerfectGiftCapeCanaveral

http://www.facebook.com/#!/DISWelcomeCenter

CLICK AT THE LINK FOR INFORMATION ON CAPE CANAVERAL AND COCOA BEACH THREAD.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520273

CLICK HERE FOR THE LINK ON GIFT BASKETS BY SHIRLEY

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1723220

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!
snelsonbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:57 PM   #191
Tink rules

Great to hear from you Shirley and thanks again!!!

Old 09-26-2010, 09:16 PM   #192
verygfy
DIS Veteran

We just got off of our cruise and had these wonderful baskets delivered from Shirley. Each was customized, they worked with me no problems from customizing the card, each of the items inside the baskets.

DS basket was pirate themed with a pirate necklace, bandanna, pirate eye patch, a play book, mask, reese's peanut butter cups, m&m's, chips, 4 cans of soda, pretzels, tattoos, stickers and much more. This was about $38

I loved how the baskets were tied up with seashells, so cute

This was DH & DD baskets combined, they did this to save on the shipping cost.

DH's basket had 4 beers, some chips, reese's peanut butter cups, a visor. Cost about $40

DD basket was the sand bucket, it was loaded with sand toys (shovels, sand molds, rakes, shovels), 4 cans of soda, m&m's, pretzels!! DD loved this on Castaway Cay and had so much she was able to share with the other kids on the beach. Cost about $28.

If you are thinking about doing a gift basket for your cruise, Shirley is the best. These baskets were a huge hit and came in so handy on the cruise. And if you are unsure of something or working in a budget, just let them know and they will work with you. The total cost for all of our baskets including shipping was $119. Well worth the price
verygfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:32 PM   #193
willturner
Mouseketeer

I am wanting to order from Shirley and love all of the pictures posted. My problem is that one of my dd's is a "tween". What kind of things are recommended for this age group?
willturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:56 AM   #194
Evans Family
Disney Crazy

How about glow necklaces? popcorn for the movies? favorite candy? battery operated fan/water bottle?

Evans Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:26 AM   #195
shwarren70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by willturner View Post
I am wanting to order from Shirley and love all of the pictures posted. My problem is that one of my dd's is a "tween". What kind of things are recommended for this age group?
They will give you suggestions too... They are great to work with. I can't wait to see ours on Thursday!

We're going for the Dream! September 2013

Silver Castaway Cay Member - Wonder - Feb 2008, Sep 2010, May 2011; Magic - Jan 2012, DVC Member - 2007 SSR & 2009 - BLT

shwarren70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: