Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2010, 09:49 PM   #331
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizablake View Post
Hi . I've read through all your plans and love your trip report so far. I especially love your to do list.

I answered your question about Ridemax vs. TGM that you asked in my pre-trip report. But....now that I have read about your trip, I would not recommend Ridemax. I think TGM would be better for your situation but I'm not sure you need it either. Our first trip was similar to yours because we weren't Disney experts, we were traveling with a 4 year old and we were going during a slow time. A step by step itinerary was not necessary.

Here's what I would recommend (please send $19.95 for a six month subscription):
1. Do research and make a list of the rides/attractions you want to do in each park. Sounds like you already have that park covered.
2. Find out what rides have the longest line- TSM, Soarin', Dumbo, Everest. Plan to hit these rides first or get fast passes.
3. Find out what rides rarely have a long line- Country Bear Jamboree, TTA, Spaceship Earth. Plan to do them in the afternoon, early evening or when you are waiting for your fastpass window to open.

Fantasyland is always busy and it will probably be your DD's favorite. Plan to go early and collect fast passes. The Carousel, It's a Small World, Mickey's Philharmagic, Snow White and the Tea Cups will have the shortest lines. Dumbo, Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh always have crazy long lines. I think DD made us ride Winnie the Pooh 1,567,821,021 times last January

If your DD is anything like mine, she will love TSM. Fastpasses run out by early afternoon. The shows at HS are perfect for a 4 year old.

Get a FP early for Soarin' at EPCOT. The only other ride that has a long wait during the slow season is Test Track.

At AK, Kali River Rapids, Everest, and Safari will require a fast pass or get there early. Warning: Dinosaur and It's Tough to be a Bug are scary . The Lion King is awesome! Perfect for 4 year olds.

Are you getting ready to make your ADRs? Do you have a final list.

I LOVE your DD's dress. It is beautiful. I believe you mentioned getting a BBB appt for 8:30AM. Their first appt is 8:00AM. It takes about 30 minutes so you would be done by 8:30 and be able to take photos of your DD in an empty park after she is transformed into a princess. And you would still be able to hit Dumbo after rope drop. Also, I was surprised to find out that only one adult is able to get into the MK early with a BBB appointment. I wasn't sure if you were planning to bring all 10 adults.
Wow!! Thank you All the advice above--thank you thank you thank you!! I had similar thoughts but for you to write them down as well, and to begin to confirm which rides are going to have the longest wait times--especially in Fantasyland--is exactly what I will be hoping people here on DIS can help me with upcoming. I figure as I start posting touring ideas, I would be asking that sort of information.

Nope, not all 10 adults. I am hoping for 2--my DH and I. I thought I read other TRs where both got in but maybe I am mistaken?

Thank you!! We love the dress and are very pleased with the way it turned out.
September 2010 PTR

Old 03-01-2010, 11:06 PM   #332
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

ADRs and To Do List update

So I am chalking up to being a bit crazy with classes and juggling so many other dates but I mixed up our ADR date! We will not be making them for another ten days—March 15th. I have updated my ticker. The list is ready to go, along with our BBB time and The My Disney Girl’s Perfectly Princess Tea Party pick. Without further ado, here is our list:

ADRs

Sunday, September 12th
• Mama Melrose, Fantasmic Dinner Package
--as early as possible (we want to go back to the resort to cool off and rest before Fantasmic)

Monday, September 13th
• Akershus—Princess Storybook Breakfast
--before the park opens
• Coral Reef
--early dinner around 5:00

Tuesday, September 14th (Lilian’s actual birthday)
• Liberty Tree Tavern
--An early lunchtime, around 11:30
• 1900 Park Fare—Cinderella’s Happily Ever After Dinner
--dinnertime
--we are planning on going to MNSSHP if it is offered this evening after the dinner, so not too late of a dinner

Thursday, September 16th
• Tusker House—Donald’s Safari Breakfast,
--before the park opens

Friday, September 17th
• Rose and Crown
--we are hoping for a seating around 8:00 so we can enjoy Illuminations from here.

That is our wish list! We hope that it works out and I will be sure to update what we actually end up with once we do make the reservations.

An update on my to do list:

I am working on what I like to call Disney School—it will be ongoing starting soon and run until we go. : I am going to combine a few things that I have read here on DIS and do what I think will work best for Lilian and us. If there is interest, I will post about it once we are doing it.

I am working on our Disney Celebration for 180 days which is coming up!! I think that it will just be the three of us. I think we do a celebration with the in-law family closer to the time we leave. Perhaps when we kick off our countdown calendar we will have them all over to begin it. Here are some games I am looking at getting at another point—perhaps for the countdown calendar kickoff party—Disney Bingo Game and Disney Scene It original and Second edition. Anyone have any of these games? For the 180 day mark, I think I will bring out Disney Yahtzee Jr. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Version.

I think I will hold off on the Scene-Its and do it like a “final exam” at the end right before we go down to Disney (you can probably tell I am very much in school mode). I think it will be a fun way to relax and enjoy Disney with the others. What do you all think?

So, with my mix up in dates (again, on what I did??), here is the revised March’s To Do List:

March 1st: Park hours should be announced if WDW keeps it at 180 day mark instead of 90 days. Could be out sooner—A should email them out to us since they get released sooner to TAs.
--Plan 180 day celebration
--Email ADRS, BBB and Tea Party reservation information to A

March 13th: 180 day celebration party!!
--Begin “Disney School” with Lilian

March 15th: Request invites (Akershus, BBB, TH, Park Fare, Welcome Letter, Lego store for Allyn)
-- Make ADRs
--Tea Party Reservations (cc)
--BBB reservations (cc)

March 22nd: Finish binder sheets and dividers

March 31st: What deal is Disney offering for when we are traveling? Free Dining or another offer should be announced with our date range

Lots to do this month with Disney, Lilian and my graduate school! My two big projects (besides one research paper due at the end of the semester) are due in the next few weeks. It is going to be hectic that’s for sure!
September 2010 PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2010, 06:06 AM   #333
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Stephanie, I can't wait to hear more! I think taking a break before Fantasmic is important, it's going to be hot and crowded! As for Park Fare before MNSSHP, I've heard the best ADR to make is 4:30. Yes, it's early, but it's the first reservation of the evening, so you will be able to get in and eat without too much rushing and then make it to the party. We're just doing CS on our party night (which is a whole other issue for us to find something that DD & I can both eat at the same place!)
Old 03-02-2010, 07:25 AM   #334
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Oh, you're so organized with your great to do list for the month! I have something similar in my Disney folder but yours is much better (I'm a sucker for a to do list. )

That's such a bummer that you got your ADR dates mixed up! I know you're disappointed but at least now you have it all figured out and will be 100% ready to go whne they day does roll around. All those character meals are going to be a blast for Lilian- her birthday plans look great!
Old 03-02-2010, 09:30 AM   #335
jenny105
DIS Veteran

You are super organized! I have to check the date when I can make ADRs. We're not going all out but I want a reservation at Ohana on my birthday! BTW, I officially booked my trip if you hadn't guessed!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 03-02-2010, 08:18 PM   #336
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Stephanie, I can't wait to hear more! I think taking a break before Fantasmic is important, it's going to be hot and crowded! As for Park Fare before MNSSHP, I've heard the best ADR to make is 4:30. Yes, it's early, but it's the first reservation of the evening, so you will be able to get in and eat without too much rushing and then make it to the party. We're just doing CS on our party night (which is a whole other issue for us to find something that DD & I can both eat at the same place!)
Thanks Karen--I am glad there are readers who are willing to stick around for the long haul! I think that is the best thing about DIS--having a place to get it all out, share and ask questions.

We definitely want to take a decent break before MNSSHP. We originally had planned on the Friday one but figure it might be more crowded and it worked out better this way so we do not have to get up early the next day. We can also sleep in after Illuminates and EMH at EP if we decide to stay late.

1900 PF, that is the definite night we want to do it since we want it for Lilian's birthday dinner--eating with Cinderella I think will be very magical! We will be shooting for a dinner no later than 5:00 so we can leave had head over right around 7 when if officially kicks off (though if we can be there sooner that will be great!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post
Oh, you're so organized with your great to do list for the month! I have something similar in my Disney folder but yours is much better (I'm a sucker for a to do list. )

That's such a bummer that you got your ADR dates mixed up! I know you're disappointed but at least now you have it all figured out and will be 100% ready to go whne they day does roll around. All those character meals are going to be a blast for Lilian- her birthday plans look great!
Oh well, it is my own fault I mixed up the date (still do not know how I managed to do that)--it is not the end of the world luckily! At least I did not do it the other way--made ADRs 10 days late!!

I love me a good to-do list. I posted the mother list awhile back but since I had to update March's part I thought I would post that part again.

Character Meals: I hope that we do not go to crazy with them but this trip is for DD so we are doing quite a few of them. I had more but we cut a few out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
You are super organized! I have to check the date when I can make ADRs. We're not going all out but I want a reservation at Ohana on my birthday! BTW, I officially booked my trip if you hadn't guessed!
Thanks Jen!! I have to be organized--too much going on right now. for booking your trip!! I cannot wait to read about your birthday celebration in Disney!!! Are you going to do a PTR this go around?
September 2010 PTR

Old 03-02-2010, 09:08 PM   #337
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Your plans look great! You're going to have a fabulous time.

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 03-03-2010, 09:04 AM   #338
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
Thanks Jen!! I have to be organized--too much going on right now. for booking your trip!! I cannot wait to read about your birthday celebration in Disney!!! Are you going to do a PTR this go around?
Yup, I plan on doing a PTR, probably start it sometime this month. I'll let you know when I do!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 03-03-2010, 09:44 AM   #339
Sweet Pea UK
DIS Veteran

Just subscribing and now going back to the start to read it all. Yeah
Old 03-03-2010, 09:55 AM   #340
Cory's Gal
I also haven't met a donut I didn't like

The updates look great Stephanie, and your Disney School sounds like a lot of fun!! At least you are under the "2 week" mark until you can make your ADR's!! I hope you can get them all!
Old 03-03-2010, 11:11 AM   #341
hollybearsmom
Please send my fairy godmother home, pronto!

I'm getting caught up on all the excitement.
I want to hear more about school! It sounds like so much fun.
I think the custom is adorable too.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:22 PM   #342
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Your plans look great! You're going to have a fabulous time.

Amanda
Thanks Amanda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Yup, I plan on doing a PTR, probably start it sometime this month. I'll let you know when I do!
Yay! Please do let me know or I will watch for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory's Gal View Post
The updates look great Stephanie, and your Disney School sounds like a lot of fun!! At least you are under the "2 week" mark until you can make your ADR's!! I hope you can get them all!
Thanks Beth! I hope we can get all the ADRs too. At least I am not ten days late making them!! I would much rather be ahead than behind. The one I am most worried about is Mama Melrose's because of F! I have been reading the F! are hard to get now.
September 2010 PTR

Old 03-03-2010, 12:26 PM   #343
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea UK View Post
Just subscribing and now going back to the start to read it all. Yeah
Sara to my PTR!! I hope you stick through it all!
September 2010 PTR

Old 03-03-2010, 12:35 PM   #344
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollybearsmom View Post
I'm getting caught up on all the excitement.
I want to hear more about school! It sounds like so much fun.
I think the custom is adorable too.
Beth to my PTR! Thank you--I think the custom is pretty cute too. I am still working on Disney school but since there seems to be enough interest, I will post about it once we get through the first week or so of it.
September 2010 PTR

Old 03-03-2010, 12:51 PM   #345
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

Oh, Lillian's dress is absolutely adorable!!! She's going to look like a princess!!

Your plans look great and your idea for Disney school is very cute. I believe we're going to some "lessons" as well. Especially seeing how we'll have all summer while we're waiting to go. That will get them very excited.

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: