Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #11
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Yay! I'm glad we are going with this book.

I've done a lot of book clubs in the past both on and offline. I've found the discussion to be much richer when you divide the book into sections, read them at your own pace, and then discuss. When I brought the idea up in the other thread, that's how I envisioned it. I'm game for however though.

I think asking people to read the entire book ny the 15th is way too early. Could we agree for everyone to get the book this week and then decide on what section to have read by the 15th? We can then discuss that section of the book here and people can go ahead if they are ready and have the time to do so. Then the next section could be read, etc. This is really the best way to promote fluid discussion with a reasonable timeline and while not holding those who want to continue reading back.

I dont have the book yet and would divide it up as an example. I can get it this week and do so if this is how everyone wants to move ahead. Basically we'd read let's say Ch. 1-3, discuss/read, have a deadline for the next few chapters, discuss/read, etc. Oprahs book club does it this way too. I'm also holding a professional book club for my district in May and this is how we will do it. The Harry Potter fan sites have used this method too and we found it very rewarding.

Thoughts? Does this make sense?

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: