Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2010, 07:40 AM   #16
melifeld
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by badblackpug View Post
...."We will go anywhere you want as long as you're paying."

I love this one!!!
Old 02-28-2010, 01:10 PM   #17
Kat&Dom
DIS Veteran

I am lucky because my boss loves Disney even more than I do and about 8 of my co-workers have been to Disney in the past year so we are all Disney lovers. I am surrounded by people that get it.

I think that some people just don't realize how truly affordable Disney can be. People think that you have to pay $10,000 on a trip which you easily can but you can also do it very economically too. I am a single mom (who gets nothing in child support from my ex) and have one son and I am able to do a Disney trip for about $1,500 total. Disney is affordable for everyone - you just have to look really hard sometimes to find the best deals and the Disboards are awesome for tips.

Some people just don't get how Disney takes away ones cares and worries for the time you are there and that you can just enjoy being a family together. It truly is a magical place.
Kat&Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2010, 09:34 PM   #18
stitch09
I never get tired of dancing to "Celebrate You"

my family has been to disney world 14 times, and we've always gotten people that bug us about it. we just tell them that we absolutely love it and we never get bored of it (especially since there is so much to do there and it's always changing). we love disney and see it as a great thing that has brought us closer as a family... in other words, for me, it is when i am happiest. if people still question it, i just ignore them; obviously they don't understand, and so there's no point in trying to show them exactly what i mean. don't let it bug you... disney is awesome, and there's plenty of people out there just like you who feel the same way!

stitch09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:40 PM   #19
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Who cares what they say or what people think, if they say that they are in the category of people that simply DO NOT GET IT!!!!!!! We say we go every other year because we are building traditions and memories with our kids and because, yup, we LOVE Disney! I feel sorry for people who DON'T GET IT!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Beach Club

DisneyDoc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:44 PM   #20
5 for WDW
DIS Veteran

Most people don't get it..just like DisneyDoc5 said!

So, I don't even bother explaining it anymore. I just say "Yup, we are" and leave it at that.

We just got back last weekend from our second trip in just under 6 months. My husband just took 10 days off in August to go again. We have gone at least annually since 1996. Its an obsession and that works for us!

22 trips since 1996 (Dixie Landings, POFQ,POR, CBR, AS Movies, POP, SSR, BWV, OKW, A of A)

Next up: Dec. 13-17th! Happy 40th to Me!!
5 for WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:54 PM   #21
Fantasmic23
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for WDW View Post

So, I don't even bother explaining it anymore. I just say "Yup, we are" and leave it at that.

We just got back last weekend from our second trip in just under 6 months. My husband just took 10 days off in August to go again. We have gone at least annually since 1996. Its an obsession and that works for us!
I love you guys!! I knew that my fellow DISers would help me out!!
Old 02-28-2010, 09:58 PM   #22
Piglet4Ever
Navy Wife, toughest job in the Navy!!!!!!

I get it alot from friends and family too. At this point I simply say we go because it makes us happy and that is the end of the conversation. They can go where they want for vacation and we will go to WDW!!
Old 02-28-2010, 10:25 PM   #23
irisesareblue
irisesareblue

Doesn't it just burn you that folks who haven't been are the most negative about Disney? My MIL wonders constantly out loud (usually at family gatherings) why we keep going back....grrrrr

I think I'll just try the response - "Yes, we are" next time!
Disneyland May, 2007 & June, 2008 / Disney World -November, 2008 (off-site) / MVMCP post-cruise Nov. 13 2009 / January, 2010 (Regal Sun Resort) / June, 2010 (off-site villa in Davenport) / August, 2010 (off site in Crescent Lakes) / November 2010 (long weekend in Crescent Lakes) / January 2011 (Clarion Maingate) / Short weekend - January 2011 (Holiday Inn Sunspree) / Easter weekend 2011 (Westridge) / May 2011 (Crescent Lakes) / Anniversary weekend-June 2011 (on-site at POP CENTURY) / Birthday weekend-Sept 2011 (off-site in Highlands Reserve) / Nov, 2011 (off-site in Westrige) / Feb, 2012 Vow renewal with Wishes fireworks cruise (off-site in Westridge) /April, 2012 (off-site in Orange Tree) / September, 2012 (off-site at Renaissance Seaworld) / November, 2012 (off-site at Solana Resort) / January, 2013 (off-site at Solana Resort) / Easter, 2013 (off-site in Davenport) / upcoming for September 2013 & a DCL cruise!!!!

I am truly blessed and pixie-dusted
irisesareblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:27 PM   #24
alexensmom
Mouseketeer

Im glad to know Im not the only one! Most of the "your crazy" looks come from several friends who have gone multiple times since I've known them. After a little investigation, I find that they have gone with 10+ people and take on Disney commando style, coming home with memories of being stressed. I just smile and say it was one of the most relaxing vacations we have ever had (thanks to the DISboards) and we've booked another one 11-10
alexensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:31 PM   #25
Fantasmic23
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for WDW View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisesareblue View Post
Doesn't it just burn you that folks who haven't been are the most negative about Disney? My MIL wonders constantly out loud (usually at family gatherings) why we keep going back....grrrrr I think I'll just try the response - "Yes, we are" next time!

Yes! The never-been-to-Disney people are the worst!! Anytime DH tells MIL about a recent trip (And mind you, he always speaks glowingly of WDW), she always has the same response: "It sounds like an absolute nightmare." You'd think for the sake of the kids (Who are always present went DH is telling MIL a Disney story), she'd at least fake it.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:24 AM   #26
Dannielle_1
Mouseketeer

With our friends and families, they now just assume there is a plan in the works and are surprised if we don't have upcoming plans to go to Disney, even if we have just returned. They are the ones usually asking "When's the next time your going?"
Everyone just knows that we are Disney vacationers and its accepted.

We are also the goto people for others who are thinking about going for the first time. DH gets lots of questions from co-workers, though I must say, I rarely hear them ever actually taking the trip. Lots of we are thinking about ...
Old 03-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #27
lattemomof3
DIS Veteran

I just smile and say "yep, we are Disney freaks" and leave it at that.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:41 AM   #28
E&K's Dad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasmic23 View Post

How you handle the "You're going to Disney again?" people?
YES!. . .Heck yeah!. . .Jealous?. . .simple head nod. . .

all seem to work pretty well. Some people just will never get understand so it's not really worth explaining.
E&K's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:59 AM   #29
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisesareblue View Post
Doesn't it just burn you that folks who haven't been are the most negative about Disney? My MIL wonders constantly out loud (usually at family gatherings) why we keep going back....grrrrr

I think I'll just try the response - "Yes, we are" next time!
Who cares what she thinks, I have finally stopped caring about my passive agressive MIL and her comments, she is just jealous that you are happy, which includes having fun at Disney with her son and grandchildren. My 30's have become a much happier time just allowing myself to feel comfortable and confident about what we do, how we do it, etc. and if people don't like it, their problem. It may sound rude, and I am not rude, I just am old enough to know that our lives are too short to explain everything I do to people who don't agree. We know what we like, we are happy, and Disney is a big part of it.
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Beach Club

DisneyDoc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:03 AM   #30
kid@heart2
Never too old to dream...

We are on our 3rd trip so far and we prefer not to tell anyone anymore for that reason..we roll our eyes at the "oh my your going again!" response..

So what if we love Disney..its our Happiest Place on Earth..when we really want quality family time we head to Disney.

April 2008 - Pop Century
May 2009 - Second Trip to WDW- Pop Century,
April 2010 - Third Trip - Pop Century (with ds's friend)
April 29 2011- We're back again with family and friends

AND...certainly not the last......
kid@heart2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: