Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2010, 09:52 AM   #1486
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb
j;lj
I had to add something to my post because for some reason I kept getting a message that my reply was too short!

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
Old 02-28-2010, 10:20 AM   #1487
michellem1118
DIS Veteran

Ugh, I can't believe Baylor's coach says things like that, at his age... it wouldn't surprise me if he was playing on a high school varsity team, but he seems too young for that kind of pressure (or those hours, for that matter!). I hope Baylor ends up having a good time at the tournament today.

We have state testing one day this week (English/Reading) and the rest the last week in April. When we move to end-of-course testing in 2 years, it'll all be in mid-May... the same weeks as AP testing. It's gonna put a LOT of pressure on my students, since I teach AP classes, to have to perform well on a state assessment while prepping for the AP exams. I wish state testing would go away completely!

Less than two weeks! I need to start getting ready, too... I bought a new park-touring bag yesterday (not a VB, though). I buy a new one every trip, trying to find one that actually serves the right purposes. I'm hoping this one is it... I'm gonna take some pictures and post them in my TR later, if I get around to it.
Dec. 2000-Jan. 2001 ~ AS-Sports ... April 2007 ~ CSR (joined DVC) ... Oct. 2007 ~ SSR ... July-Aug. 2008 ~ OKW & DCL ~ HONEYMOON! ... March 2009 ~ SSR ... July 2009 ~ 1st anniversary @ AKV ... Christmas 2009 ~ Family Trip @ SSR ... March 2010 ~ BCV ... June 2010 ~ John's (late) birthday celebration @ VWL ... July-August 2010 ~ 2nd anniversary @ BLT/VWL ... Upcoming: June 9-16, 2011 ~ Club Level! at AKV & BWV

The Summer of Disney - June 2010 & July/August 2010 Trip Report
Bringin' the HAPPY Back! Spring Break 2010 Trip Report
Never Again! Our Holiday Family Trip
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2010, 10:52 AM   #1488
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsushocker View Post
Originally Posted by stace208: I second that OMG on the purple uggs! They are the cutest. Of course, the little boot wearer is adorable herself.

Awwww, thanks, her mom and I have a thing for Uggs too!

OMG, did this statement surprise any of you?
I guess I'll just smile and say "thank you dear"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Hi wigD ! Driving to HH right now! Just wanted to say I have been reading and I cant believe you are headed back in a few weeks! Yay! We had a great Time on the cruise! Uggs are my favorite weekend shoe in the fall and winter too! Can't wait for Christmas Eve!
laughing: I was just over on your trippie commenting on being anxious to hear all about your cruise! I need to get cracking on this trip report don't I?
I wonder if Megan and I are creating a little Ugg monster ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
I had to add something to my post because for some reason I kept getting a message that my reply was too short!
It was rather short.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellem1118 View Post
Quote:
Ugh, I can't believe Baylor's coach says things like that, at his age... it wouldn't surprise me if he was playing on a high school varsity team, but he seems too young for that kind of pressure (or those hours, for that matter!). I hope Baylor ends up having a good time at the tournament today.
The last game wasn't good, we decided to take a break from basketball today....

Quote:
We have state testing one day this week (English/Reading) and the rest the last week in April. When we move to end-of-course testing in 2 years, it'll all be in mid-May... the same weeks as AP testing. It's gonna put a LOT of pressure on my students, since I teach AP classes, to have to perform well on a state assessment while prepping for the AP exams. I wish state testing would go away completely!
I'm ready for the pressure of state testing to go away too, it would be nice to have some fun in the classroom again!

Quote:
Less than two weeks! I need to start getting ready, too... I bought a new park-touring bag yesterday (not a VB, though). I buy a new one every trip, trying to find one that actually serves the right purposes. I'm hoping this one is it... I'm gonna take some pictures and post them in my TR later, if I get around to it.
We just had the email from Owner's Locker today telling us that our lockers would be delivered....
That makes the trip so real.
It's time to start making lists and think about packing!

I'll be watching for your update today!
Old 02-28-2010, 11:03 AM   #1489
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

WOW Wigd! Did you realize this TR is at 100 pages???? Must have been your contest at the beginning! Mine's at 29.

Are you getting excited about your trip? I am for you! Since I'm not going for spring break. Anywhere. Poor me.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:20 AM   #1490
michellem1118
DIS Veteran

Oh, good... since you took a break from basketball, that means you should have time to update your trip report!
Dec. 2000-Jan. 2001 ~ AS-Sports ... April 2007 ~ CSR (joined DVC) ... Oct. 2007 ~ SSR ... July-Aug. 2008 ~ OKW & DCL ~ HONEYMOON! ... March 2009 ~ SSR ... July 2009 ~ 1st anniversary @ AKV ... Christmas 2009 ~ Family Trip @ SSR ... March 2010 ~ BCV ... June 2010 ~ John's (late) birthday celebration @ VWL ... July-August 2010 ~ 2nd anniversary @ BLT/VWL ... Upcoming: June 9-16, 2011 ~ Club Level! at AKV & BWV

The Summer of Disney - June 2010 & July/August 2010 Trip Report
Bringin' the HAPPY Back! Spring Break 2010 Trip Report
Never Again! Our Holiday Family Trip
Old 02-28-2010, 11:32 AM   #1491
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I guess it's select, it's not Rec...
the league is M.A.Y.B.
It wasn't good today. He doesn't want to play tomorrow.

Yes, 2 weeks! Yikes, I'm not even close to being ready!
Harper did want to sleep in her Uggs!
for Baylor, that's just too much as this age. It is supposed to be FUN!
Old 02-28-2010, 12:06 PM   #1492
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

We woke up Christmas Eve morning and were in no hurry to get to Epcot. Our plan was to go to World Showcase and tour the countries. We had a late lunch, were planning to attend Merry Mixers at 3:00 and then the Candlelight Processional at 5:00. I believe then we were planning to go to Magic Kingdom and finish the evening with Wishes....

We had breakfast in the room and the talk was beginning to turn to packing for the big kids return home the next day plus Marc, Baylor and I would be moving to SSR for the remainder of our stay...

I had told them that all bags would be picked up at 11:00 because we would need to check out of the villa then....
We had breakfast ressies at Boma at 8:30.

I guess all the way over to Epcot Keeley worked on Baylor because by the time we arrived at the park he was in tears because he wanted to go home with them!

She told him to tell us to get him a plane ticket and fly him home.....

Needless to say, I was crushed.
She was smug.

I sat on a bench with Marc in tears and told Megan to go on into the park with them....

I texted them that I was going back to the resort to lay down, I had a headache and wanted to lie down. We would catch up with them later....

After sitting for a while Marc suggested that we head to France for a adult beverage.
I'm not a big drinker but I agreed, so at noon on Christmas Eve, I was texting Jackie and here I was.....

Here is Marc...

On our way over we got a picture of the Santa in Canada!

We didn't take the time to listen to them like Michelle (Soonergirl) and family, I want to do that next year! We just tried to get pictures of them! I'm so impressed that you guys did that!!

By this time Keeley had texted an apology. I'll just bet Megan had let her have it! Marc and I had enjoyed the sunshine and some peace and quite on this lovely day! We decided to wander over towards Germany where we were meeting up for our lunch ADR at Biergarten.
Let's do some shopping in Germany and enjoy the Christmas decorations!

I noticed this "special value" sign and thought I wanted one of these until I saw the price.....

I decided not this time.....

The kids texted and were on their way to meet us in Germany!
They had been up to their own fun in France!

Toulouse Lautrec .....er Baylor

This is the place we met....

Before that we went into the shop with the Christmas ornaments. Let's look!

We came out of the shop and this little girl was waiting for us!

We checked in for lunch...
Harper was asleep by the time we were called in and they wanted us to leave the stroller parked outside but we talked them into letting us bring it in.
She slept through the entire meal.
Matt proclaimed it the best buffet ever! He loved the selections!

We met a very nice family that were sitting on the level just under us. The mom came up and asked about our shirts and I gave her more information than she bargained for.....

Cont. next post....

Last edited by wigdoutdismom; 02-28-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:21 PM   #1493
MEK
DIS Veteran

I had to catch my breath for a minute because that picture of Harper is absolutely the cutest picture I have ever seen....anywhere......of anyone....at anytime. She is beyond adorable! She should be a model on a Christmas card or something. Seeing her adorable face really brightens my day!

I also love her purple uggs and I am glad that she got to spend the evening at your house. I love how she takes care of her babies.

I also love your Mickey candy cane shirts. Did you buy them like that or have them made? I HAVE to get one of them. Such a cute design. You really got some nice pictures that captured the essence of the season.

What's up with Keeley trying to get Baylor to go home? Oh Anita - you had way too much drama on this trip. You are Mark are going to have such a great, drama-free trip in a few weeks. What a relief to be free of such drama. That's not to say it can't happen.....but hopefully it will be minimal, or better yet, non-existent!

oops.....I interrupted your posts. Oh well - too late now!

Loved your update. I think I am pretty much caught up, but I did miss some pictures with the updates I read at work.....so I better go lookie!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-28-2010, 01:14 PM   #1494
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Biergarten is such a cool place to eat! I really think there is something for everyone on that buffet! Even if you aren't a fan of German food. Personally I think it's yummy!

Here are some photos of Biergarten! Enjoy!!

On the way back to the restrooms some beautiful stained glass!
The restrooms are even charming.
Let's take a look.

I went in here,

not here.

Back out of the restroom waiting for the show to begin!

Here's the show!

Very fun...

We packed up some food for Harper and made our way out after the show. The kids weren't interested in going to the Merry Mixer so Marc and I went alone. I think Baylor was still in his funk wanting to go home with them....
It was over at the International Gateway.
We showed our DVC cards and were right in the tent!
The party was in full swing!
Folks were lined up for treats.
Dancing was going on....
Goofy was being....... well pretty goofy!

I had hoped the kids would come with us, the music was fun, they were handing out ornaments, snacks, punch, lots of characters....
Great photo opportunities!
We didn't stay long. We just weren't feeling it.

It was soon time to meet up with the kids again for the Candlelight Processional. That is everyone but Keeley...
She wasn't there.

We lined up and they told us to make sure everyone in our party was there.....
Oh man!

I went out to wait for her.

The rest went in to take up space and get our seats.

Pretty soon here she came. She had been to the restroom.

So we grabbed our ornament and started toward the UK.

In we went.

The kids had picked up some chocolate covered something in Japan and Harper was enjoying them.....

Edward James Almos was our narrator. The Candlelight Processional was amazing! The music was beautiful. What a perfect Christmas Eve activity!

I'll have to find out what they were and pick some up in 11 days!

When the CP finished up what would we do next?
I'll be back to finish the day up later today, I hope.....
Old 02-28-2010, 02:10 PM   #1495
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Oh, Keeley. I'm so sorry that you had to have a teary moment on your trip. But way to save the day, Marc, with the adult beverage suggestion!! You both look delighted with your adult yumminess and your cute peppermint tees.

Holy Jiminy Cricket!! WHY are they that expensive?? I'm not sure I'd pay that much if Walt himself had stitched them!

Harper's face paint is positively adorable!

Isn't CP just lovely. It must be even more special on Christmas Eve.

Looking forward to more!

Old 02-28-2010, 02:15 PM   #1496
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Sorry you had such a rough start on the day. Some time apart was just what was needed and an adult drink! Sounds like things got much better later in the day. Thanks for sharing your pictures, they are so great. I love all the decorations and shop windows. Whenever we go back again I'm going to make a point of taking more time to enjoy the window displays. Harper is just too adorable. I love her face painting. I've never been able to get Danielle to do this. She wouldn't even let them stick the jewels on her face at the BBB.

Before you know it you'll be there again!

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 02-28-2010, 02:16 PM   #1497
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

My goodness, no wonder you were drinking by noon on Christmas Eve! I think I would have had to have about six drinks to restore my good mood!

Harper's face paint is adorable!!!

The Candlelight Processional sounds so wonderful! I bet that was really neat to experience!
Old 02-28-2010, 02:16 PM   #1498
MeMom
DIS Veteran

I didn't spend near enough time in World Showcase or in shops in World Showcase on the Christmas trip! I'm so glad you have a lot of pictures of all the things I missed.

Harper is so sweet with her cute little face all made up. I can't see Bella sitting still long enough to have all that done.

I'm glad Baylor ended up staying so we could meet him in person.

That pot of poinsettias is so pretty.

I have a stuffed Jiminy Cricket, but he's from the cheap side of the tracks - about $300 less than those you saw.

What a great place to be on Christmas Eve! Our Candlelight Processional (Drew and I went) was led by Angela Bassett and Courtney B. Vance. We saw it the last night it was there for the year.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:26 PM   #1499
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I guess it's select, it's not Rec...
the league is M.A.Y.B.
It wasn't good today. He doesn't want to play tomorrow.
Justin's team played in a few M.A.Y.B. tournaments (this is when he was younger, before school ball started) and they were always pretty well run. The tournament director tried to get us to come up to Wichita a few times to play, but we never did.

I'm sorry Baylor has a coach like that Sports, even when you are playing competitively, are supposed to be fun.

Now, on to your update!

I'm so sorry that Keeley did that with Baylor, such a mean, hurtful thing to do. I'm sure in a few years when she grows up a bit she will be embarrassed by her behavior, but until then

I love that you and Marc took a break, grabbed a drink and enjoyed the sun. Christmas Eve really was a beautiful day.

I can't believe I missed that Christmas ornament shop in Germany - I LOVE the Mickey nutcracker! Is that shop there year round or was it just for the holiday season?

Glad you enjoyed the CP as well, we loved it!
Old 02-28-2010, 03:59 PM   #1500
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

You deserved that drink, I'm sorry that Keeley tried to persuade Baylor to go home!

Harper looks so cute with her face painted and it must have been magical going to the CP on Christmas Eve

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: