Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2003, 08:24 AM   #1
devotedchristian
DIS Veteran

Unhappy are there cheap breakfast buffets near downtown disney?

I am looking to spend $3.99 per person for breakfast buffets near downtown disney. We will be staying at the Cypress Grand Villas resort. I read there was a Winn Dixie next door and I thought about buying something to cook for breakfast but I thought "hey I'm on vacation, I want to be pampered." Can you recommend any restaurants with this price? Also, and idea on how to find a cheap lunch buffet?
devotedchristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 08:33 AM   #2
Claire L
Enjoys a good broadway show
Likes a nice cold glass of White Zinfandel
Has been known to have a blonde moment now and then

There is a Sizzler and Ponderossa not too far from the Crossroads shopping center which is at the opposite end to DTD of off Hotel Plaza Blvd. The road Sizzler is on is called Apopka Vineland Road and as you come from DTD and are facing Crossroads turn left and its up on the right hand side after Palm Parkway and just by the Sheraton Safari resort. As for the Ponderossa I'm sure someone else can help with directions as I have never been there but heard alot about it. Other than that for lunch I think Sizzler does a lunch menu the dinner one is usually pretty good value for money.
Hope this helps.
Claire
Aug 90 to Mar 98 - 6 visits to US and 20 states visited, inc 2 trips to WDW and 2 trips to DL Jun 01 - WDW Grosvenor DTD 2wks + TIG St Pete Beach 1wk Jun 02 - WDW WL 2wks Feb 03 - New York 4nts Jun 03 - West Coast 3wks SF to LA & DL for 3 days Oct 04 - WDW AKL 10nts + RPR 2nts Jun 05 - WDW YC 10nts + HRH 4nts + TIG St Pete Beach 1wk! Jun 06 - SF to LV inc Lake Tahoe, Yosemite + the Grand Canyon 3wks Dec 06 - NYE at WDW POFQ 11nts inc RPR 1nt Oct 07 - WDW SSR 2wks inc PBH 1nt May 08 - WDW AKV 15nts inc PBH 1nt + VB 4nts Feb 09 - WDW SSR 1wk + BWI 1wk Jun 09 - Washington DC for 1wk Dec 09 - New York for 6nts Oct 10 - Miami 3nts & WDW AKV KV 13nts inc HRH 1nt Jun 11 - LA to Seattle for 3wks inc 3 days at DLC Oct 12 - WDW AKV KV 2wks inc PBH 1nt Oct 14 - WDW AKV KV 2wks inc PBH 1nt
Claire L is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2003, 12:56 PM   #3
deena
Mouseketeer

If you swing up the road from DT Disney within a few short minutes on US 192 there is a Ponderosa (atleast two on this stretch the last time I was down) that serves a nice variety breakfast buffet along with other restaurants such as Sizzler, Shoney's and Golden Corral. We've eaten at each of these and found them to be a great value; hope this helps some.:D
deena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 07:59 AM   #4
lwestwise
Mouseketeer

THanks for your post. I have seen and wondered about the Golden Corral. I will try it.
lwestwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 09:52 AM   #5
cinamin27
Orlando gets all my extra money!

We stayed at Cypress Point in April (Easter Weekend) we went to the Shoney's breakfast buffet which is almost across the street on 535. Adult buffet was I think $5.99 & kids a dollar or 2 less, I think maybe 3 & under free (???). Quality was pretty good for a Shoney's. We went on Sunday (Easter) about 10am & they werent too busy, sat right down with out a wait for a table. Personally I wouldnt drive down to the Ponderosa to save a buck or 2 as their quality isnt the same.

2006: private pool home 1 week purchased on ebay!
2005: Celebration World Resort, Sheraton Safari (2X)
2004: Cypress Pointe(2X),LaQuinta Inn & Suites
2003: Homewood Suites,Celebration World Resort, CYBM DTD(2X), Cypress Pointe,Wyndham Palms Resort&CC,Universal Fairfield Inn&Suites
2002: Fairfield Cypress Palms,All 3 of the All Stars,AKL,CBM DTD (2X),Best Western DTD,Comfort Suites (Old Town),Orlando Hyatt (Hwy 192) (2X)
cinamin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 11:49 AM   #6
Gillian
I'm the only crazy disney person in my family
Lost her tag...oops, found one!
Next there will be peacock sightings...

We thought Goldern Corral was a little nicer than sizzler. Didn't try ponderosa this trip.

Look for coupon books at the front of stores and restaurants. They almost all have coupons for the buffets.
Gillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 05:12 AM   #7
DonnaMc
Earning My Ears

I have read the positive posts about Golden Corral also, does anyone know the buffet prices for here thanks.
DonnaMc is offline   Reply With Quote