Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2010, 08:12 AM   #76
izzie-wizzie
DIS Veteran

We decided to go to the Character Spot - and this was great, all the characters were super!

Donald Even Proposed to me Scott was having none of it though - this was one of my favourite memories in the holiday , it was just so funny!
When we checked our Photopass account that evening though - that pic wasnt there - after a little email though they managed to find that pic and it was in our account in lke 48 hours

We went to use our FP for TT next, and it was getting late now so we decided to get some sushi from Japan and then to DTD!

We just went to the CS in Japan - and i had the spicy tuna roll i think - it wasn't amazing though, but it was just enough as i was still a little full from lunch.

Some other pics from Epcot that day:

So after our great day in Epcot (we do return for a more World Showcase afternoon) we head to DTD - first stop Goofy's Candy Co - I need to get me a Mickey Rice Kripie Head!

My one was the rice kripie treat, with white chocolate ( the CM didnt want to give me white choc as it wasn't melting properly, but it was still tasty - the CMs were so proffessional about it though and said the milk choc had melted better, but as a huge white choc fan, white choc is white choc! i didnt care if it wasnt amazing - even though it totally was amazing)

with rieces pieces and oreos

Then to the Xmas Shop WOW!! I could have gone CRAZYer than i did! We already got a little alien decoration in the MK christmas shop before, so this time we got a Lady and the Tramp one, and we got our names put on it (to be picked up on our last day) and also got decs for the family. We also picked up a 4 pack of sparkly decorations too which has mickey, minnie, pluto and donald! I could have went even more crazy but i restrained ... a little!

After this me and scott went off to find things, stopping for a pic outside once upon a toy (had a look round but get anything here) -

I pretty much wanted all of this:

Then to Tren-D - I got a mickey mouse tshirt (my size wansn't there but a lovely CM checked, and there was one in the back) woo! and a disney couture purse - which i LOVE!

we then hit the world of disney!

Ill try remember all we got - but we did decide to do the majority of our shopping in here, as we just had to put it all in the car and not lug it around the park.

Disney Tower of Terror Cluedo
Disney Mickey and Goofy Remote Control Cars
Some Aerial Antenna Toppers
Mickey pizza cutter and bottle opener
Mickey and Minnie Plates
Photo Album
Big Cuddly Mickey
Minnie Mouse Pen (which i Lost within a week of coming home!!)
Cuddly Wheezy
Dishtowels

Fun times!! I love shopping

So we drove back to the hotel, ate our treats, and watched some tv in bed before falling asleep.

Coming up - Day 11 - Busch Gardens

Walt Disney World - September 2011 (Engagement Trip). October 2009 (21st Birthday Trip).
Disneyland Report Paris - 1995, Santa Fe / 2007, Explorers Hotel / 2010, Cheyenne / 2012, Newport Bay Hotel
Disneyland Resort California - April 2013

Last edited by izzie-wizzie; 02-06-2010 at 04:34 PM.
izzie-wizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:04 PM   #77
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

Great updates! I love that you include so many details. HHN sounds like so much fun, I'm a bit of a scaredy-cat too but I'm sure I'd enjoy it like you did!

Looking forward to more.

P.S. the pic of Donald proposing to you is so cute!
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2010, 01:09 PM   #78
Dollyrar
DIS Veteran

Smile

Really excellent Trippie! You've got me very hyped about going in October now! I hope the crowds are as low as you exerienced, and you've really inspired me to take lots of pics of the food we eat. I am literally drooling looking at some of those puddings!!
Past Trips - Once in 94. Twice in 95. April 08, 3 weeks in Florida (offsite - Extended Stay Lake Buena Vista). August 08, 4 days in DLRP (Hotel Santa Fe). December 08, 4 days in DLRP (Cheyenne). May 09, 5 days in DLRP (Disneyland Hotel ). August 09, 7 days in DLRP (DCR) / October 01-17 2010 Florida (Villa) Future Trips Hoping for October 2012
My PS3 & XBOX360 gamertag is amityboattours. Add me!
Dollyrar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:45 PM   #79
izzie-wizzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_princess_85 View Post
Great updates! I love that you include so many details. HHN sounds like so much fun, I'm a bit of a scaredy-cat too but I'm sure I'd enjoy it like you did!

Looking forward to more.

P.S. the pic of Donald proposing to you is so cute!
Hehe, once I start writing I can't stop

HHN really is great, although I genuinely doubt I could do it without being practically glued to Scott (and letting him guide me while i closed my eyes sometimes! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollyrar View Post
Really excellent Trippie! You've got me very hyped about going in October now! I hope the crowds are as low as you exerienced, and you've really inspired me to take lots of pics of the food we eat. I am literally drooling looking at some of those puddings!!
Oh wow you'll love it in October - I imagine it will be next October (2011) we go - the heat / low crowds / MNSSHP = amazing!

Hehe i meant to take even more pics, inspired by all the AMAZING dining reviews on here - but usually it looked so good / i was hungry that it wasnt til i ate half that I remembered to take pics (and noone wants to see a half ate meal so I just left it)

Walt Disney World - September 2011 (Engagement Trip). October 2009 (21st Birthday Trip).
Disneyland Report Paris - 1995, Santa Fe / 2007, Explorers Hotel / 2010, Cheyenne / 2012, Newport Bay Hotel
Old 02-06-2010, 03:47 PM   #80
Pegasus928
DIS Veteran

I've just spent most of the afternoon - on and off - reading your TR, and very enjoyable reading it was too.
We were there at the same time as you and it's interesting to read your opinions on the stuff you did (even though we do have differing opinions on some of it - but if we all liked and disliked the same stuff WDW would only be half the size, if that makes sense). I love the way though that you don't tend to sugar coat everything, and have told it as you saw it - which is very important for those reading TRs and will inevitably help them with their choices.
HHN was by far our best night and on the top of our list if we ever go back in October.
Looking forward to reading the rest
Pegasus928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 04:33 PM   #81
izzie-wizzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus928 View Post
I've just spent most of the afternoon - on and off - reading your TR, and very enjoyable reading it was too.
We were there at the same time as you and it's interesting to read your opinions on the stuff you did (even though we do have differing opinions on some of it - but if we all liked and disliked the same stuff WDW would only be half the size, if that makes sense). I love the way though that you don't tend to sugar coat everything, and have told it as you saw it - which is very important for those reading TRs and will inevitably help them with their choices.
HHN was by far our best night and on the top of our list if we ever go back in October.
Looking forward to reading the rest
Thanks for Reading

I hope not sugar-coating things isn't coming across as too negative - I really love WDW, its my favourite place in the world - and anything thats not been amazing didnt have a bad effect on the trip atall!

- But yeah, i hope the little things will help others - as this was our first trip when i was planning it a lot of my preconceptions and tips came from reading tons of TRs on these boards!

For fun / Just out of curiousity - what sort of things did you find different?

Old 02-06-2010, 08:50 PM   #82
SusanEllen
DIS Veteran

Well done, continuing with your detailed report. Hope this is the first of many happy trips for you and that you write a trip report to share with us every time. Your enthusiasm is a pleasure to read.

BTW I realized that you and Scott were my kind of people when I saw the chocolate bar on your breakfast tray.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:04 AM   #83
DISWolves
Dreams really can come true !!!!

How do you manage to pack all of the goodies to bring back home - did you bring back all of the cocktail glasses from city walk also....................let us into the secret!
DISWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:22 AM   #84
Pegasus928
DIS Veteran

Hi Izzie

Here's a couple of the things that we found different.

HRRR - Me and DD(11) really didn't think much to this ride. We saw it being built last February and had been watching its progress on the net in the following months. When we got to US it was top of out list, and we waited over an hour to ride only to come off feeling a little cheated. Compared to other new coasters in the area, for example Manta, we found it uncomfortable, jerky and more than an anti-climax.
Cat in the Hat - another that left us feeling as though we had been in a car wreck
Margaritaville - we loved this place and thought the atmosphere was cool and the food pretty good too (though I can see why you were put off after your experience)
Men in Black - our family is torn on this one. I'm with you and can't stand it while the others all love it and can't do a trip to US without going on it (I suspect that from DWs point of view it has more to do with Will Smith than the ride itself )

Having said that I do agree with a lot of what you said e.g.
Kids at HHN - parents should know better.
Ponderosa - we ate here a few times on our first trip but have never been back as we found lots of other places that are 100s of times better - and at the end of the day you get what you pay for.
Manta - one of our favourites
TSM

As I said not too many differences, but if everyone liked the same things then the queues for them all would be MASSIVE - so I'm more than happy with each of us being unique
Pegasus928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:47 AM   #85
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzie-wizzie View Post
!

I have never noticed this hidden mickey before the pipes in circles to the right of scott

love you TR we are doing Horror night this year and I know I am going to be scared like you lol
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:07 AM   #86
izzie-wizzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
I have never noticed this hidden mickey before the pipes in circles to the right of scott

love you TR we are doing Horror night this year and I know I am going to be scared like you lol
Oh wow i never noticed it either - how cool!! - ill have to tell Scott, he got REALLY into spotting hidden mickeys, he still finds them (although in day to day things, not just disney )

Old 02-07-2010, 03:37 PM   #87
tinks_1989
need a like button

lol me and dave have hidden mickeys in our home it makes me smile I wouls say keeps me sane from the amount i miss WDW but doesnt sound very sane lol
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:56 AM   #88
izzie-wizzie
DIS Veteran

Day 11 - Busch Gardens

Busch Gardens

Woow I haven't updated this is what feels like forever!!

So the next day, was a trip out to Busch Gardens. Unfortunately we were all really tired - and should have probably had a day about now to sleep and relax. But its so difficult, i think especially for a first trip, to relax when theres so much you want to do!

We did however find out today was the day that Leanne and Roys new puppy was born. We obviously didn't find this out til they got the puppy in January but we worked it out that it would have been today. =)

So we drove out to Busch Gardens, all a little zombie like - and when we arrived we decided to get the unlimited food pass, as it worked out pretty cheap since we needed to still get breakfast and it included juice / water.

So first stop was the food place near the entrance for breakfast burritos/ommellettes - nom nom nom.

Then the first ride we headed to was Rhino Rally - and it sort of hit us that the park was practically empty, ok it was still early - but this didn't change throughout the entire day. zero queues for everything - even the bigger rides like Sheikra.

Anyway a couple of pics from Rhino Rally:

So we had fun on this then headed round to do some coasters, stopping at Cheetah Chase - which woke us up - it was soo funny we expeced it to be so tame but we were all pretty scared on it i was so jerky LOL LOL LOL

We then did Kumba, which Scott had been very excited about after he was just a bit too small when he was here as a kid.Busch Gardens really was amazing for thrill rides!! Just so many, and they're all amazing!

Next ride - Sheikra, it kind of looked like a mega version of Oblivion at Alton Towers - which mega scared me, so i was really scared. We got on and I was sooo scared - I seriously screamed SO much before we went down and was convinced the harness wasn't tight enough and just being.. probably annoyign when i think about it oops! but after it was done, of course i loved it and we went to go on it straight away..

but whilst waiting it looked like someone on the ride just pulling into the station as we got to the queue area had had an... accident they must have been REALLY scared

So some poor attendant had to be cleaning all that up, it was GROSS luckily there was one or two rides before our turn to go, so we couldn't really see what was going on but we had to wait a good 15 mins while they sterrilised the seat TBH even now - i might avoid middle row just incase I get that seat YUKS

Can't help but think the offending persons ride picture could have been hillarious though!!

Anyway after that we had a little walk around and decided to go have some lunch (eww i feel a bit weird talking about food after all that!)

But here's some pics of Sheikra and Lunch... the cheesecake was amazin'!

(love that water skimming effect!)

So after lunch we walked it off looking at some animals and the like, before heading to Gwazi the wooden coaster - YIKES!! - it was a pretty mental ride, but with no queue we had to ride it twice!!

Outside here were some great trumpet players - we stopped to watch this for a while, before seeing some more animals:

The poor turtle tried for a good 15 mins to get on that log, and didnt make it! =(

We then spend a good while looking at some monkeys and monkeying about.

We then went on Montu a couple of times, then got the sky ride around over to the tigers. OMG I loved the skyride - so peaceful , and great views and just wow! I could have done this all day!

At the tigers - I loved the bit where you could put your head in the enclosure - and there were some tigers sleeping right beside it - getting so close was just extraordinary!

After this we went back for some more rides on Kumba, and even got to stay on the ride for a second go! We posed for a ride picture on here - and kind of in honour to our tiredness, it was a 'sleeping' picture.

We then grabbed some more food - i dont think i've really mentioned our food adventures that much, i think we just grabbed burgers here though,it was more cake sampling that i did

We got back to the hotel and decided to finally ride the flying chairs that were just outside, wow i felt so unsafe, but it looked scarier than it actually was =)

then an early relaxing night for us, at least tomorrow daytime would be quite relaxing too =)

Next Up : Wet and Wild and MNSSHP!

Old 02-28-2010, 02:56 AM   #89
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

sounds like you had a really great day at Busch Gardens
not sure if I would be as brave as you on all of those coasters
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:22 AM   #90
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

your day at busch gardens sounded good, i enjoyed the tiger capsule last year too!!!

so lucky having no lines, we're going in july do doubt we'll be that lucky!

and haven't tried skyride before, your description had put it on my to-do list!!!

am going to show bf picture of the wrap, he's wants to eat healthy whilst i'm going to eat french fries at least once a day!!!
irishdancer86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: