Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2010, 07:49 PM   #1441
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

She just turned 20, and I hope some day she will wake up....
Spring sports can be soooo cold!
Both girls played softball and we froze during the high school season. Then baked and ate dirt during the summer.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:52 PM   #1442
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Work and things every night this week. Soccer season is in full swing for us. I burst into tears this morning when my alarm went off, and I realized it was only Thursday. I think I need the weekend to catch up on my sleep.
Wow it must be going around. I burst into tears yesterday.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2010, 07:53 PM   #1443
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I was about 22 when I realized I had been a brat for the previous ten years. Although I can say I never complained when we were at Disney.

I am buying gloves and a hat this weekend -- hope there are still some for sale.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:04 PM   #1444
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was about 22 when I realized I had been a brat for the previous ten years. Although I can say I never complained when we were at Disney.

I am buying gloves and a hat this weekend -- hope there are still some for sale.
Good luck with that. I'm sure you can find an Easter bonnet and white gloves. Not sure how warm you'll be!
Old 02-25-2010, 08:07 PM   #1445
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
Good luck with that. I'm sure you can find an Easter bonnet and white gloves. Not sure how warm you'll be!
Won't I look just darling at the soccer games in those!
Old 02-25-2010, 08:15 PM   #1446
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Wow it must be going around. I burst into tears yesterday.
Shocker will be pleased to say that I'm not in the crying club!
Quote:

We still have plenty in Kansas, let me know if you can't find anything! Then tell me what color you want. I can make a Target run, it's very close!
Quote:
Now that is funny Jill!
Quote:
Won't I look just darling at the soccer games in those!
In your Easter bonnet with all the frills upon it, you be the grandest lady in the soccer stands.......

I need a picture of this!
That and Chelsea's expression.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #1447
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, MeMom, I got teary just reading your post. I keep thinking that one day this will be Connor and me.
I don't even like to think about that, both of mine are boys. It's just too awful to consider.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I just have to share another kind of story!
A Keeley story....
She picked Baylor up from school yesterday.
She had Harper.
She brought Harper in to see the secretary.
She DIDN'T bring Harper down to see her Mimi.....
Old 02-25-2010, 09:39 PM   #1448
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Oh that Keeley!!!

Jackie - I'd love to see you on the sidelines with an Easter bonnet and white gloves! Maybe add a lacy parasol too!
We've got lots of mittens on clearance up here. Let me know!
Old 02-25-2010, 09:40 PM   #1449
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
A Keeley story....
She had Harper.
Quote:
Oh she was thinking, she was being mean to me as usual....
or just 20, self obsessed and clueless?

better than mean???

Quote:
She just turned 20, and I hope some day she will wake up....
Spring sports can be soooo cold!
Both girls played softball and we froze during the high school season. Then baked and ate dirt during the summer.
UGH baseball is about to start. BRRRRRRRRRRR

You are lucky Baylor plays basketball!

The cover my rear end length north face coat (I am sure there is an acutal term for it 3/4? car coat?) that I wear to winter soccer games extends into early baseball season. Best thing I EVER bought.

Quote:

We've got plenty here too, that we actually haven't needed if you need help!

Quote:

But it would be perfect with Chelsea's Diana mug!
but adorable.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:57 AM   #1450
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sounds familiar. Soccer practice always started when it was freezing cold and the season ended when were sitting in the bleachers dripping with sweat. In between that, there were a lot of rainy days and muddy games.

Hope you guys all have a good weekend full of family, friends, and fun! wigd, did you say you have a workshop Saturday? I am glad I have nothing to do Saturday. We started after-school tutoring this week, and between the beginning of Read Me Week activities, tutoring, faculty meeting and helping get ready for Family Reading Night, I'm ready for a Saturday with no obligations!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:51 AM   #1451
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Isn't that what all well bred Southern ladies wear to soccer practice?!

Hannah is starting cheerleading. Her first practice is Saturday and will be on Tuesday and Thursday after that. Who knew there was football in the Spring?!

Question for you teachers: Hannah had a sheet of paper in her bookbag the other day. It was a Recommended Reading Report and it showed her Student Lexile as 175. (The school has a Book Fair coming up and it looks like there was some kind of reading test done to determine what books would be best for her so it's not an "official" reading test.) The teacher wrote a note that she started at 357. That's a big drop! I've sent her teacher an e-mail about it but haven't heard anything back. I'm really concerned about this big drop and wondering if this is normal. She does pretty good when she's reading at home so not sure what's going on. If it's not normal I want to find out what the problem is so we can correct it now.

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
Old 02-26-2010, 06:57 AM   #1452
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

MeMom, that is a perfect description of the soccer season!

Jillyb, I would ask the teacher to allow Hannah to take the Lexile assessment again. Do you know if they use SRI to measure that? That's what we use, and there can be fluctuations in the score for a variety of reasons -- the passages may have been about something completely unknown to Hannah, she could have been having a bad day or didn't feel well, she might have been distracted while taking it -- there is no telling, but with a drop of 200 points, I would definitely want her to retake it to make sure she isn't regressing in her reading ability. Hope that helps!
Old 02-26-2010, 08:30 AM   #1453
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
MeMom, that is a perfect description of the soccer season!

Jillyb, I would ask the teacher to allow Hannah to take the Lexile assessment again. Do you know if they use SRI to measure that? That's what we use, and there can be fluctuations in the score for a variety of reasons -- the passages may have been about something completely unknown to Hannah, she could have been having a bad day or didn't feel well, she might have been distracted while taking it -- there is no telling, but with a drop of 200 points, I would definitely want her to retake it to make sure she isn't regressing in her reading ability. Hope that helps!
Yes. The stated purpose was the report was providing an individualized list of books for a student based on his/her reading interests and SRI test results. (Not surprisingly her reading interest is Animals & Pets and Holidays!) I, too, thought that there was a possiblity she just didn't feel like reading what she was given or was distracted, etc. I'll let her teacher know that I'd like for her to re-take the test. You definitely helped! Thanks!

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
Old 02-26-2010, 09:54 AM   #1454
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Got all caught up dear!!!! I am loving all the pictures of the holiday decorations....reminds me so much of our Nov 2007 trip---there is nothing like Christmas at WDW!!!! I feel more drama coming on thought.....ewwwwwwwwww!!!!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 02-26-2010, 10:21 AM   #1455
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
A Keeley story....
She had Harper.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: