Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2010, 12:59 PM   #31
Disneynutbsv
DIS Veteran
If I had kept my fancy flyswatter I might be $50 richer!
Secretly I love Lucky Charms

I heard back as well, she asked me for how many in my party, the head of the party, how many kids and the date we would be attending...she then said she would let me know when she hears back. I hope we can get them! This was for Representative Paul Hodes in NH

DH Me DS dd DS

I'm the only one that hasn't outgrown Disney
Checking out Carnival Cruise line...
Disneynutbsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:38 AM   #32
Disneynutbsv
DIS Veteran

Well, I heard back, she said that the allotment for April was completed some while back and it is best to try to get the tickets at least 6 months in advance. She was extremely nice about it though Oh well, we'll just to have to figure out what else to do after getting off the ship...we are thinking of driving to St. Augustine...

DH Me DS dd DS

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2010, 08:07 AM   #33
pmickus
Mouseketeer

Tropicana has a buy one get one free offer to KSC in their new points promotion. My family loves OJ so I'm sure we can drink our way through 9 points (x2) so we only need to purchase 2 tickets for admission. Check out the back of your OJ carton.
pmickus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:12 AM   #34
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneynutbsv View Post
Well, I heard back, she said that the allotment for April was completed some while back and it is best to try to get the tickets at least 6 months in advance. She was extremely nice about it though Oh well, we'll just to have to figure out what else to do after getting off the ship...we are thinking of driving to St. Augustine...
Also a very nice spot to visit!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:02 AM   #35
cakesnjammom
DIS Veteran

I sent in a request too....we shall see. Thanks for the information!
Old 02-25-2010, 09:23 AM   #36
Disneynutbsv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmickus View Post
Tropicana has a buy one get one free offer to KSC in their new points promotion. My family loves OJ so I'm sure we can drink our way through 9 points (x2) so we only need to purchase 2 tickets for admission. Check out the back of your OJ carton.
oooh, I will check it out!

DH Me DS dd DS

Old 02-25-2010, 11:26 AM   #37
5CruisersCruising
Earning My Ears

free KSC tickets for Missourians

I emailed my congressman (Missouri) just a few days ago requesting the tickets for March 20. I got a reply from a staffer that said they have to have 3 months notice because of the constant high volume of requests. She did say that she had put in a call to their NASA liason to see if there was still a small chance...it was nice to hear she tried.

This is great info that I will share with my fellow Missourians, though. Next time I'll request in advance!
5CruisersCruising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:01 PM   #38
Panther
Earning My Ears

I just heard back from my congressman's office. I was also told that the allotment for April are gone.

This was the statement from a NASA employee that was attached to the e-mail.

"Unfortunately, we have consumed our monthly allocation for April and complimentary passes are no longer available. Tickets may be purchased at the Visitor Center on the day of the tour."

It appears that we would have gotten them if we had tried earlier.
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:36 PM   #39
pmickus
Mouseketeer

Here is the deal with the Tropican offer. You need 9 Tropicana pts (3 cartons of OJ) to redeem for a BOGO offer. The offer only works with their deluxe package of admission, bus tour and lunch with an astronaut. These package cost $82 per adult and $59 per child. So if I get my husband to also collect points we could each order 1 adult 1 child ticket for $164 total (w/o promotion this would cost $282) a savings of $118. Just paying for General Admission for a family of 4 would be $132. So for an extra $32 you would also get lunch and a bus tour.

On another note, just heard back from my senator's office wanting to know the full names of our party. Fingers crossed.
pmickus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:55 PM   #40
cakesnjammom
DIS Veteran

no luck in NC, they are not aware of any tix available,
Old 03-01-2010, 09:13 PM   #41
Anita123
Earning My Ears

I'm in NC and didn't even hear back from my congressman. Oh well, I think I'll take the kids to the beach the day before my cruise as I don't want to spend $160 for half a day at KSC.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:48 PM   #42
smoof
I've earned my ears!!!

Thanks for the info...I got the free tickets years ago, but I thought that program had been cancelled, since at the time admission to the exhibits was free and tours was all you had to pay for. I haven't been since the prices went up, and I used to literally go all the time, because I lived down the road. DH has never been there because I haven't been willing to pay for tickets.

smoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #43
Aquachick0410
Earning My Ears

I tried to email my congressman regarding getting the free tickets and they came back and told me they submitted our names to try to get tickets to a launch. When I emailed back about the admission tickets to the museum and visitor's center, they had no idea what I was talking about. Did anyone else have this problem? I live in Florida so I thought for sure that they would know about this!
Aquachick0410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:04 PM   #44
minnie10
Mouseketeer

I just heard from our tickets. We are only going to get 4 tickets for our 2 families together. We had asked for 7, but we were told today that due to the high demand of those asking for tickets for April that we could only get four. Hey, four tickets are better than none- so we will split the tickets 2 and 2. Now just got to find a way to find 3 discounted tickets.
minnie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:00 PM   #45
mrebuck
Mouseketeer

I just heard back from my Congressman (I'm in PA). He said they could help me get tickets to a launch, but not free admission tickets. Oh well - guess we'll have to start collecting OJ points!
mrebuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: