Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
TamaraQT
Mouseketeer

SPM Blue Tree Resort vs. Westgate Blue Tree Resort

Does anyone know the difference? I have a 2 night stay in July. I found a GREAT rate online. 2 nights in July in a 2bedroom executive suite for only $131 plus tax (65.40/nite). I was told I will be on the SPM Blue Tree side and not Westgate side. Does anyone know the difference? Can anyone give me any tips or advice on what to request at check-in? Whats the difference between the two? Is one side better than the other?

The rate sounds too good to be true, so I hope I dont regret it.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:37 AM   #2
calena
BL II - Red Team
Prefers holes to crocs

Question

We are staying at the SPM Blue Tree which from what I hear means you don't get hassled from Westgate for timeshare pitches. I'm also a bit curious about this. We got our week exchanged through II and as long as the pools are nice and warm (in March) I am happy. The reviews on Tripadvisor are good, so that is a bonus.
Calena
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
TamaraQT
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by calena View Post
We are staying at the SPM Blue Tree which from what I hear means you don't get hassled from Westgate for timeshare pitches. I'm also a bit curious about this. We got our week exchanged through II and as long as the pools are nice and warm (in March) I am happy. The reviews on Tripadvisor are good, so that is a bonus.
Calena
If everything is like I see on tripadvisor, then I will be ok. I wonder which buildings belong to Westgate and which ones belong to SPM. Maybe I should print the resort map and then call. I will come back and post my findings in case it can be of help to someone in the future.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:10 PM   #4
TotoToo
And Your Litte Dog Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraQT View Post
Does anyone know the difference? I have a 2 night stay in July. I found a GREAT rate online. 2 nights in July in a 2bedroom executive suite for only $131 plus tax (65.40/nite). I was told I will be on the SPM Blue Tree side and not Westgate side. Does anyone know the difference? Can anyone give me any tips or advice on what to request at check-in? Whats the difference between the two? Is one side better than the other?

The rate sounds too good to be true, so I hope I dont regret it.
The physical buildings were all built at the same time. For a few years some of the resort has been under the control & maintenance of Westgate while the rest - which interestingly due to a poorly written Association agreement did NOT include the original common areas/buildings - by SPM. They had to build their own check in building although all guests still get to use all facilities. The fight is more meaningful to owners than guests but there may be some small differences in the units as well.

I've been in the SPM units but never the Westgate ones since they took over. In any case you want to avoid Westgate sales no matter what part you stay in.
TotoToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:57 PM   #5
kellymo
Earning My Ears

We stayed on the SPM side the week of Christmas in 2007. We loved it! The SPM staff were very nice and helpful. The Westgate staff were not when they found out you were not staying with them. Their "market" is in the check in building for Westgate. Otherwise, we had no problems. SPM is also a timeshare resort for they never bothered us with a sales pitch.

To the poster of this thread-Could you pm the info where you found the deal?
kellymo is offline   Reply With Quote