Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2010, 10:35 PM   #526
Queila
DIS Veteran

I was getting impatient but this was worth the wait. What a great post.

Wow... you guys are really champs for accomplashing so much in one day.

On my last trip one of the things that stood out the most at World Showcase was the smell coming out of all the restaurants. My goodness.... I start drooling just thinking about it. Wouldn't it be great if they had a Brazil pavillon with a brazilian restaurant? I would totally sign up to work for them.

What a gret idea to take pictures with different hats as you go along... It is a nice wat to pay tribute to which country.

And don't you love seeing José Carioca at the Mexican pavillon? He's the best!

Too bad you guys had to rush so much but you know what? Now you have the perfect excuse to go back!

Have a great week,
Q
Old 02-07-2010, 07:54 AM   #527
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

I'm extremely determined to make it through the World Showcase even if it's "on speed" like you guys! We never make it even halfway; I feel like such a bad DISer! If anything, maybe we'll start from the right side instead of the left side so at least we'll see what I've NEVER SEEN BEFORE!

Ooo, I like the restaurant shots of Teppan Edo. I like it when there are close-up pics too, but sometimes seeing the general environment/atmosphere is needed too!

I'm Chinese, yet I don't even know why they do the peace sign! We call it the "fob" sign, which I know some people think might be rude, but I guess we don't see it as an insult really (my DBF was born in Hong Kong, so out of love, I call him a fob sometimes, hehe!). Fob stands for "fresh off boat," so it refers to people who came to the US after being born in Asia. That doesn't mean doing the peace sign is necessarily a "fob" thing, but it's seen often in pictures. My American-born buddies do it too.

I like the play by play of the cooking. I agree; I don't see how they put together that onion volcano!

Yesterday I spent a lot of time on the Pick-a-Pearl thread (link) because I'm starting to get interested in it! I know some people say that DTD has better settings or something like that, but I really want the experience of having it done in Japan. It really sounds/looks like it'd be a lot of fun!

I love that you have pics with silly poses or silly faces. Those are the ones that I think are more fun to look at in years to come. Plus, they're entertaining for your readers

Haha, lastly, I think the same as you do. If it's WDW, it can't be THAT dirty, right? I would never ever ever choose to sit on the ground or floor ANYWHERE. I hated sitting on the floor even at school when they made us do it in gym! However, for some reason, it's okay to sit on the ground at Disney!

Looking forward to more!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2010, 06:50 PM   #528
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

I am loving your TR!!! You remind me so much of one of my best friends- she is just bubbly and happy too- you two even look alike, LOL!

We're heading to WDW in September as well so I've really loved hearing about how un-crowded (is that a word??) it was! You're giving me some great ideas for my own plans too! I can't wait to read how your AK day went.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:50 AM   #529
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Amazing day! I usually don't get inside the WS pavilions much unless there's a ride or I'm eating there. I'll definitely have to take a tour next time. BTW, you really made me want to go to a japanese steak house for lunch!!!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 02-08-2010, 01:47 PM   #530
alliebelle3
Mouseketeer

Just joining in now! I read the whole report start to finish!

I really, really want to do that KTTK tour. Someday...
Old 02-08-2010, 04:05 PM   #531
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

What a great update! My family and I love the WS and never get to spend as much time as I'd like there. I think taking a hat picture in every country is such a cute idea! I may have to borrow that.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 02-14-2010, 04:02 PM   #532
cdotla
Trish

Wow! Another fantastic update!!!

Loved the Teppan Edo review! Enough so that I have now rejigged things to fit it into our ADR lineup for May! I have never been, so I can't wait to try it!

Your trip report has been a total blast to read, and it just keeps getting better! You guys have such contagious joy, fun and enthusiasm, and you are making me super excited for our upcoming trip!
Old 02-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #533
Raecheal
DIS Veteran

Never too late to join in, right? Such a great TR so far, I love it, i've been reading it throughout my day.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:57 PM   #534
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone! Sorry for the delay. Work and life have been crazy. It's just "that time of year"! And I've been to the dr. 5 times in the past 4 weeks...hopefully this is all for a while! I replied to everyone last week, and then the DIS ate my post...so I got mad and didn't try it again. I'm going to start working on the pictures for this next installment, and I'll hopefully have it up by the middle of the week. Sorry again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverlandClub23 View Post
Great update!! Congrats on making it all the way around! The hat pictures are too cute! What a long, jam packed day!

The peace sign thing cracks me up. When we went on It's a Small World last time we were sitting in the back seat and the entire rest of the boat was filled with Asian people. They spent the entire ride turning around giving peace signs while other people in their party took pictures. My bf and I were laughing throughout the whole ride (edited to add that we were not laughing at them or thinking they looked silly we just thought the situation was funny and they were just so happy in every picture giving their peace signs! I thought it sounded a little condescending after I read it.).

Can't wait for more!
Thanks! It was completely jam-packed, but we loved it! Aw--that's so fun about IASW. I think it's great--they seem to be enjoying themselves so much! It is funny that it seems to be "the thing to do" though! I'll have more this week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleofafamily View Post
Your update was great as usual and worth the wait!

I have always wanted to slowly tour World Showcase but never got to (because with all our kids - its not been a priority) until our Sept (09) trip. During our Dec (08) trip, our oldest started to see the beauty in WS during one of our sprints through it and would talk about wanting to tour it in depth. So in Sept, my DH took the rest of the kiddos back to the resort while I got to stay with the oldest. It was so fun to walk through with him and see things through his eyes. He would painstakinly pick out the best shot for a good picture. He was looking over my shoulder while I was reading one of your updates and got a kick out of the picture with Michael posing like the viking statue. Now he wants to do it on our next trip.
Thanks so much!! Oh, wow. That's so great that you and your son were able to tour WS together. I think it really is for older kids. The younger ones really don't have much "use" for it. But there's something about it when we get older...it's like we're able to travel to all those different places! Haha--I'll tell Michael! He's always posing like different statues and things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
We loved Teppan Edo when my BFF and I went in Feb 2008 and can't wait to take my family there this year! We watched Illuminations after our dinner from the top of the stairs and it was amazing. On my last visit, I was solo for 4 days and watched it from the balcony of the restaurant and took a video - so pretty! Then when my daughter & grandson arrived, we got an excellent seat in Germany - it's neat to view Illuminations from different locations. I loved your speedy trip around the world!
Teppan Edo is so fun! I'm glad that you're going back with your family! Wow--that view sounds absolutely incredible. We're early dinner people, so we've never seen any of the nighttime shows from unique locations. We'll have to make a dessert ADR someday so we can watch Illuminations from a new, great location! Thanks for the tip. It was a very speedy trip--but worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
Another fantastic update! So many things to comment on!

First - the peace sign thing. I will confess. I am asian and I am guilty of posing for multiple pics with the peace sign. I have absolutely no idea why I do it. I just do. And I was born and raised in the states.

Fantastic pics on your speed journey around the world. Especially the pics in the UK of the buildings. I loved those. It didn't look like you were in Disney!

Love the ride in Mexico with the 3 Caballeros. We rode it many, many, many times our last trip. My little girl loved it and developed a love of Donald Duck when we went in August. I foresee us going on it many times in the future. Therefore, you can add us to the list of people who love that same ride!

Again, fantastic update! Well worth the wait.
Thanks! haha--that's so funny that you were raised in the States and you still love the peace sign! I love it. I think that's why I love WS so much--it doesn't even feel like Disney! YAY! Another fan of the Gran Fiesta Ride!! That's so cute that your daughter liked it so much. Meeting Fiesta Donald is on our to-do list for next time. Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumperbelle3 View Post
Whew! I got tired just reading your race around the "world"!

A couple years ago my BF and I did the same thing where we tried on a hat in every country and took pictures. It was a lot of fun and we got some really great pics.

Have a great weekend!
I got tired writing it! haha. Aw, yay. I'm glad that you and your BF did the hat picture thing too--isn't it fun?! I think we might have to make it a tradition. Thanks so much! I hope you have a great week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I missed this TR!!! So glad you are feeling better!

Oh man, at the Peace Sign observation (& pics!)...that is too funny!!

Y'all sure did speed through the WS! We usually do too, because unfortunately, Epcot is our least favorite park, so it usually gets the least amount of time devoted to it. This time, we really didn't even get to take that many pictures! Oh well, maybe next time. Although it looks like y'all did decent on the hat pics...the ones of Michael in the moose & skunk hats are hysterical! And the ones of y'all in the phone booth are great too. Y'all are just the cutest couple ever!

As for laying on the ground before IllumiNations...don't be embarrassed! I almost did the same thing the night we stayed, the only reason I didn't was because the ground was FREEZING! After the day y'all had, I don't blame you.

Looking forward to the next installment.
Thanks--I'm glad it's all over with too. I'm so sick of going to the doctor! We were laughing so much because we had just finished talking about our friends and the peace signs when we took those pictures and they posed with peace signs! I actually love WS--I wanted to spend much more time there. Hopefully we can next time! And hopefully yall can too! Haha--thanks. We had lots of fun with the hat pictures! And Michael cracked me up with the Canada ones too. Whew. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who was that tired!! I just physically could not stay sitting up. I'll hopefully have the next update in a few days! Thanks for sticking with me!

Upcoming: Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 02-22-2010, 03:22 PM   #535
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queila View Post
I was getting impatient but this was worth the wait. What a great post.

Wow... you guys are really champs for accomplishing so much in one day.

On my last trip one of the things that stood out the most at World Showcase was the smell coming out of all the restaurants. My goodness.... I start drooling just thinking about it. Wouldn't it be great if they had a Brazil pavillon with a brazilian restaurant? I would totally sign up to work for them.

What a great idea to take pictures with different hats as you go along... It is a nice way to pay tribute to which country.

And don't you love seeing José Carioca at the Mexican pavillon? He's the best!

Too bad you guys had to rush so much but you know what? Now you have the perfect excuse to go back!

Have a great week,
Q
So sorry it took me so long!! And this time has been just as bad. But hopefully it'll be worth it too once I post it! Thanks--we jammed as much as possible into each day because it was just us. We know that when we take kids, we won't accomplish nearly as much. The smells in the WS (for the most part) are just amazing. I want to try every single restaurant!! I wish that there was a Brazilian restaurant too--Brazilian food is my absolute favorite! I bet that Beatriz would love trying on all of the different hats. And you'd get some great shots! Yes--I love José Carioca! I can't wait to show Michael the actual 3 Caballeros movie. There are SOO many perfect excuses to go back...but I have no clue when we'll actually be back. Someday! Thank you--I hope you have a wonderful week too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
I'm extremely determined to make it through the World Showcase even if it's "on speed" like you guys! We never make it even halfway; I feel like such a bad DISer! If anything, maybe we'll start from the right side instead of the left side so at least we'll see what I've NEVER SEEN BEFORE!

Ooo, I like the restaurant shots of Teppan Edo. I like it when there are close-up pics too, but sometimes seeing the general environment/atmosphere is needed too!

I'm Chinese, yet I don't even know why they do the peace sign! We call it the "fob" sign, which I know some people think might be rude, but I guess we don't see it as an insult really (my DBF was born in Hong Kong, so out of love, I call him a fob sometimes, hehe!). Fob stands for "fresh off boat," so it refers to people who came to the US after being born in Asia. That doesn't mean doing the peace sign is necessarily a "fob" thing, but it's seen often in pictures. My American-born buddies do it too.

I like the play by play of the cooking. I agree; I don't see how they put together that onion volcano!

Yesterday I spent a lot of time on the Pick-a-Pearl thread (link) because I'm starting to get interested in it! I know some people say that DTD has better settings or something like that, but I really want the experience of having it done in Japan. It really sounds/looks like it'd be a lot of fun!

I love that you have pics with silly poses or silly faces. Those are the ones that I think are more fun to look at in years to come. Plus, they're entertaining for your readers

Haha, lastly, I think the same as you do. If it's WDW, it can't be THAT dirty, right? I would never ever ever choose to sit on the ground or floor ANYWHERE. I hated sitting on the floor even at school when they made us do it in gym! However, for some reason, it's okay to sit on the ground at Disney!

Looking forward to more!
You really do need to make it all the way through WS! It's just so neat to see how much detail they've put into everything. You feel like you're not even in Disney World! Teppan Edo really is a neat restaurant. We'd like to go back sometime! Haha--that's so funny that you call it the fob sign! I've never, ever heard that term. It's good that you can joke about it. Michael jokes about being a Mexican all the time. You really need to at least watch someone else pick a pearl in Japan. It's SO neat! They go into a big song/chant, and they get everyone involved. I think you'd love it. Haha--thanks. We're big on being silly in pictures (and in life). Otherwise, it's just boring! Our kids will probably look at these pictures one day and think that we're complete weirdos. But that's ok! haha. I'm glad you think that about Disney floors too! I know that there are probably just as many germs, but I just try to tell myself that it's better. And apparently it was ok, b/c I never got sick or anything! I'll hopefully have more really soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post
I am loving your TR!!! You remind me so much of one of my best friends- she is just bubbly and happy too- you two even look alike, LOL!

We're heading to WDW in September as well so I've really loved hearing about how un-crowded (is that a word??) it was! You're giving me some great ideas for my own plans too! I can't wait to read how your AK day went.
Aw, thanks so much!! And thank you for reading!! Isn't it funny how people with similar personalities tend to look similar too? I love that. You will LOVE it in September!! It really is un-crowded. But it's still open late enough that you don't feel like you're missing out. It was so easy to get a lot packed into one day. Let me know if you have specific questions about Sept! I'll update with AK sometime this week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Amazing day! I usually don't get inside the WS pavilions much unless there's a ride or I'm eating there. I'll definitely have to take a tour next time. BTW, you really made me want to go to a japanese steak house for lunch!!!
Thanks! It was one crazy day... I wish we could have spent a ton of time touring the WS. But it was good to go through quickly at least. You really do need to take some time in there--I bet you'd really like it! haha--I hope you've eaten at a Hibachi grill since you read this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliebelle3 View Post
Just joining in now! I read the whole report start to finish!

I really, really want to do that KTTK tour. Someday...
Hi! Thank you so much for reading!!! Goodness--the KTTK tour is incredible. I think that anyone would love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
What a great update! My family and I love the WS and never get to spend as much time as I'd like there. I think taking a hat picture in every country is such a cute idea! I may have to borrow that.
Borrow away!! It made it fun and we made sure we visited every country so we could take a hat pic. I feel like even the people that love the WS never get to spend as much time as they'd like there. I am determined to spend a lot longer there next time, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Wow! Another fantastic update!!!

Loved the Teppan Edo review! Enough so that I have now rejigged things to fit it into our ADR lineup for May! I have never been, so I can't wait to try it!

Your trip report has been a total blast to read, and it just keeps getting better! You guys have such contagious joy, fun and enthusiasm, and you are making me super excited for our upcoming trip!
Thanks so much!! Oh yay--I think you'll LOVE Teppan Edo! It's just a really neat atmosphere. And I bet you'll love how the waitresses, etc. interact with you. Aw, thanks so much! That means a lot. We have a ton of fun together. And since we haven't traveled much as a couple, everything is new and exciting. I've had a lot of fun writing it. I'm glad you're enjoying reading it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raecheal View Post
Never too late to join in, right? Such a great TR so far, I love it, i've been reading it throughout my day.
Never! Thanks so much for reading Raecheal!! Aw, thank you! I'm so glad you've enjoyed it. Hopefully I'll have more soon!

Upcoming: Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 02-24-2010, 01:25 PM   #536
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
Thanks! It was one crazy day... I wish we could have spent a ton of time touring the WS. But it was good to go through quickly at least. You really do need to take some time in there--I bet you'd really like it! haha--I hope you've eaten at a Hibachi grill since you read this!
Nope but I just had sushi for lunch!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 02-24-2010, 03:19 PM   #537
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Day 6: Animal Kingdom Morning

The last time I left you (a MILLION years ago—soooo sorry!!! ), we had just finished what was probably our most jam-packed day at Disney World. We went on the Keys to the Kingdom Tour at Magic Kingdom in the morning/early afternoon. Then we decided to finish all of the attractions we had left at the MK before heading over to Epcot. This included a magical moment meeting Mickey and Minnie as well as my joke getting picked at the Laugh Floor. After this, we went to Epcot, where we made paper and played the shuffle game in Future World, and then went to the World Showcase. We started visiting the countries, ate dinner at Teppan Edo, and then sped through all of the countries and tried on hats. We wrapped up with Illuminations. What a day!

The next morning (Friday, September 25, Day 6 of our trip) was our last full day in the parks. Sad. But that wasn’t going to distract us from having a fabulous time! This was the day we were going to the Animal Kingdom!!

We woke up at 7:33 to “I Just Can’t Wait to be King!”—How fitting. We were both really excited about this day because Michael had never been to the Animal Kingdom. It wasn’t in existence when he came as a kid. I was really anxious to see him enjoy it, but I was also excited because there’s so much that I love about AK. It just feels like you’re in a completely different place.

We got ready, grabbed our breakfasts to go, and went down to catch the bus. In keeping with what became a tradition on this trip, I ate a half of a bagel and cream cheese. Michael had a cinnamon roll. We were at the AK bus stop by 8:20 and we ate our breakfasts and watched cute little kids playing while we waited. The bus came at 8:35, and we arrived at the Animal Kingdom at 8:45. Nice!

Woo-Hoo!! We’re finally at our only remaining park! I just love how my stomach flips and my pulse rises whenever I see the welcome signs for any of the Disney Parks. I know that we’re going to have so much fun on the other side of the entrance!

Since it was already 8:45, and the park opened up at 9:00, there were already pretty big lines at the turnstiles. This was the one time that we chose to sleep in a little and get to the park later.

BUT….

I’d heard that we could go through the Rainforest Café and they had a turnstile there. It was a huge gamble since I’d personally never done this, but we decided to go for it.

I took a few pictures on our way outside (through the gift shop)

And there was no one else in line. Hm… We were either really lucky or this wasn’t going to work out after-all. I was starting to get a little nervous, but we decided to wait it out.

Before long, a CM came to see if anyone was at this turnstile (another family had come by this point). We checked to make sure it would be opening—it would, thank goodness!—and then we chatted about the awful smell. It smelled a little bit less disgusting than our balcony did on our first morning. She told us that it’s actually the fertilizer that they use that makes it smell like this. While I would rather not experience the smell, I was just thankful that it wasn’t dirty animal pens!!

She went over to the main turnstiles to see how long it would be before she could open ours, and then she came back and let us in. We briskly walked down the little pathway until we reached the main walkway. We turned back to see this:

Talk about luck!!! We were late to this park, and we STILL beat the crowds! Woo-Hoo!

We walked right up to the rope (closest to the Everest—right—side), and had fun just taking everything in.

Can you tell we’re happy?!

This CM welcomed us to Disney’s Animal Kingdom and told us that this little girl would be revealing the attractions on the board.

Continued

Old 02-24-2010, 03:22 PM   #538
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Day 6: Animal Kingdom Morning (cont)

Continued from previous

Before long, look who came!

It was amazing to be so close. We had the greatest shot of the opening show!

Minnie looked right at me!

Let the Adventure Begin!!!

We walked right behind the rope on our way to Expedition Everest. I think it’s SO much better when that have actual ropes to make you stay behind. It keeps everyone from trying to get in front.

Everything was just gorgeous early in the morning.

Before long, we saw this in the distance:

I love this one:

I took these while I waited for Michael to finish at the FP machine.

For some reason, mine kept on messing up, so it took him longer than it should have. Oh well! We were just happy to be this close to the front of the line. Our FP return time was for 9:40. Before long, we ready to enter the queue area.

They do a fabulous job with the theming in here! You really feel like you’re in another place altogether.

Continued

Old 02-24-2010, 03:26 PM   #539
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Continued from previous

I only got a few pictures since we just walked through the whole queue area, and before we knew it, we were getting ready to board!

A lady behind us saw us taking our own picture and offered to take one for us:

I snapped this before we took off, and then put my camera away. I wanted to just enjoy this first ride, without worrying about taking pictures.

We loved it! Neither of us saw the Yeti (I’m not sure if he was working that day), but we loved all of the details that went into the ride. No, it’s not the greatest thrill ride of all times as far as speed, flips, etc. are concerned, but it’s an amazingly themed, really fun roller-coaster.

I couldn’t really reach the bar, so I had to hold on to my seat bar.

When we left Asia, we walked towards Dinoland, USA so we could ride Dinosaur.

On our way, we saw Goofy and Pluto posing for pictures.

Michael calls this his “Mexican version of Character Pictures”!

The characters had to take a break, and the Photopass Photographer was just standing there, waiting for the characters to come back, so we asked him if we could take a couple of pictures with the plants in the background. He looked a little confused that we didn’t want to wait for the characters, but he was happy to take them. I’m so glad, because they’re some of my favorites!

After that, we went to bring a dino back from the pre-historic times.

Another pose-alike shot…

Continued

Old 02-24-2010, 03:28 PM   #540
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Continued from previous

It was completely empty in here! We walked all the way to the holding room before we saw anyone in front of us.

Oh. My. Goodness.

We LOVED this ride! We screamed like crazy! The first time I rode this, I almost took my aunt’s arm off, I was so scared. The next time, I still screamed like a nut, but I wasn’t quite as scared. This time, I thought I was going to lose it. I screamed and screamed and screamed. But it was the “I love acting like I’m scared to death, so I’m going to be scared to death” kind of a scream. Michael loved it too. It actually became his favorite thrill ride of the whole trip, because it’s the only one that genuinely scared him. We were laughing so hard when we got off the ride!

Next, we walked towards Africa to get a FP for the Kilamanjaro Safaris. But first, we had to stop and get a few more PP Pics.

Up Next:

Bugs and a Tree
I thought these trails were supposed to be empty
“Ostrich Eggs!!!”

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: