Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2010, 09:07 AM   #256
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Sorry you had to deal with bad renters but glad you found some great people to move in. Good luck with your classwork and playgroup!
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
Old 02-20-2010, 11:57 AM   #257
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

That is terrible about the renters. My aunt owns rental property and for the most part has had good luck...except with one family. Among other things, they let their children color on the walls...with SHARPIE markers. And that was one of the more tame things. At least you got it all under control and found new renters. Hopefully they will be 100% better!!!
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2010, 02:38 PM   #258
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

I've been meaning to get over here, and I finally did. I love how organized you are! But of course, you have to be - with a preschooler AND graduate school to deal with.

Your plans look great. We love traveling with extended family, but it can be tricky. I bet everyone will be so grateful for your planning expertise - you've done all the work, all they have to do is show up and have a great time!

I think you'll really enjoy POR. We've stayed at five different Disney resorts, and it's been our favorite so far
Old 02-20-2010, 02:46 PM   #259
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyEeyore View Post
A friend of my family rented out a house to a family and our friends had to kick them out because they didn't pay rent for a few months. We actually were looking for a new place to move to so we decided we'd go ahead and live there. Well, after a struggle, they finally left and they had trashed the place. Really disgusting. It took awhile for all of us to clean it up, too. I'm so sorry you had to go through that! I really hope these new people will be good!!
Thanks! We think the next round of people will be great!! We have had great conversations with them thus far and have someone who will be there to spot check our townhome every few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Ugh! I'm so sorry you had to deal with that!! But thank goodness you were able to find another tenant so quickly!!
Definitely! It is what allows me to stay home with my daughter--essentially our second income.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmily01 View Post
That stinks to have bad renters. Glad you found new ones fairly quickly. Hopefully these will be better than your last ones.
They will be better! I have to keep my thoughts positive! We are not taking chances though, we will have someone do spot checks every so often though this go around.
September 2010 PTR

Old 02-20-2010, 02:48 PM   #260
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Thanks for "visiting" me! You are a super-planner! I'm impressed!!!
Sending prayers for your friend. Cancer sucks!

Amanda
Amanda to my PTR!! Thanks--I enjoy planning things (as if that is not noticeable )

Thank you for the prayers--she completed her first round of chemo and is remaining positive--all good things!
September 2010 PTR

Old 02-20-2010, 02:50 PM   #261
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
Sorry you had to deal with bad renters but glad you found some great people to move in. Good luck with your classwork and playgroup!
Thanks Leanne!! We are trying to move on--nothing we can do about it but that and learn from it. I love how life throws so many learning experiences at you!! The tenants we have moving next month should be great!! We have had some great conversations with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
That is terrible about the renters. My aunt owns rental property and for the most part has had good luck...except with one family. Among other things, they let their children color on the walls...with SHARPIE markers. And that was one of the more tame things. At least you got it all under control and found new renters. Hopefully they will be 100% better!!!
Thanks Kayce! I think it will be a better experience this go around. I can sympathize with your aunt (though no drawing on the walls, just huge gouges carved out! Live and learn!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 02-20-2010, 02:52 PM   #262
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingbooty View Post
I've been meaning to get over here, and I finally did. I love how organized you are! But of course, you have to be - with a preschooler AND graduate school to deal with.

Your plans look great. We love traveling with extended family, but it can be tricky. I bet everyone will be so grateful for your planning expertise - you've done all the work, all they have to do is show up and have a great time!

I think you'll really enjoy POR. We've stayed at five different Disney resorts, and it's been our favorite so far
Rebecca to my PTR!! Thanks--you are right, I have to be organized or it throws me off. I sure hope everyone looks at it like that--be sure to tune into the TR that I am anticipating writing to find out.

I hope we like POR! I have to admit it was not my first choice but I am getting excited about it. I have heard a lot of DISers recently raving about it.
September 2010 PTR

Old 02-20-2010, 09:21 PM   #263
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

I just posted this same thing on my PTR but I just realized how close you are to making your ADRs!!! I can't wait to hear how it goes!
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child
Old 02-22-2010, 08:03 AM   #264
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

Just saw you had this so am joining in! Will read later today when the kids are napping. Can't wait to see your plans so far!!

Planning a 2014 trip to celebrate our son's 10th!
February 6th - February 12th 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~ Mom's Birthday Trip!
October 26th - November 7th 2011 ~ Off site ~ Second Family Trip
January 26th - February 4th 2010 ~ Off site ~ First Family Trip
April 2004 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2002 ~ Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
Old 02-22-2010, 09:18 AM   #265
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Hey! Steph
just went back a few pages to play catch up...I probably need to go back a few more than I did...but, first I am so sorry to hear about your friend--she and her family are def in my prayers. Next, great deals on all the disney loot! I just ordered several flip flops but waited too long they did not come in with my order, love your books I have three I'm using this year...the UG mini, UG w/ kids, and the Hidden Magic (I loved this one--I would read from it every night to Danny before we went to bed--I'm rereading it at night when Ashton watches his Disney movies before bed time), and I love all your plans and your outline to help you organize is awesome! I plan this week to start my plans (I need to sit down, w/the times and the UG's numbers).

Connie
Old 02-23-2010, 12:22 PM   #266
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
I just posted this same thing on my PTR but I just realized how close you are to making your ADRs!!! I can't wait to hear how it goes!
I know!! I AM SO EXCITED!!! You think I would be the one who is heading off to Disney in a few short months!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 02-23-2010, 12:23 PM   #267
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryterese View Post
Just saw you had this so am joining in! Will read later today when the kids are napping. Can't wait to see your plans so far!!
Cheryl to my PTR!! Thank you for joining me for the long haul.
September 2010 PTR

Old 02-23-2010, 12:29 PM   #268
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Hey! Steph
just went back a few pages to play catch up...I probably need to go back a few more than I did...but, first I am so sorry to hear about your friend--she and her family are def in my prayers. Next, great deals on all the disney loot! I just ordered several flip flops but waited too long they did not come in with my order, love your books I have three I'm using this year...the UG mini, UG w/ kids, and the Hidden Magic (I loved this one--I would read from it every night to Danny before we went to bed--I'm rereading it at night when Ashton watches his Disney movies before bed time), and I love all your plans and your outline to help you organize is awesome! I plan this week to start my plans (I need to sit down, w/the times and the UG's numbers).

Connie
Connie!!

Lilian loved her flip flops we ordered last year so I am hoping the pair we got will work well for her this summer and at Disney. I have not looked at the UG mini--is it much different than the UG w/ Kids? Hidden Magic I have not started yet. I think I will read it this summer leading up to Disney and on the way down

Plans: I am waiting for hours to come out but I based everything off last year's hours thus far. We really are not planning on taking advantage of EMH unless they are evening ones that we want to take advantage of--I know it is one of the big advantages of staying on property, but I rather not deal with all the extra people if possible!

Things to Do List: I have been adding to it of course!! I do like me a to do list!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 02-23-2010, 12:49 PM   #269
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Top 10 Things I am looking forward to on our upcoming trip

I have been inspired by others who have been posting Top lists of attractions, foods and shows. Since we have only been to Disney one other time, I thought instead I would post a list of the things I am looking forward to the most.

1. Lilian reaction to seeing the Castle in person
2. Watching and seeing her all dolled up after her BBB appointment
3. Seeing her birthday cake and her face when she gets it while we are at 1900 Park Fare
4. Rides, favorites from before: BTMR, Soarin’, TT, KS, Living with the Land
5. Rides, ones we have yet to try but are looking forward to riding for the first time: Dumbo, Tea Cups, TSM, Nemo (we walked through the aquarium before they redid it)
6. Shows: Beauty and the Beast, VOTLM, FOTLK, FN will all be new to us! We also like LMA and are planning on doing it again.
7. Riding rides with Lilian!!
8. Eating all kinds of yummy foods! Some I am looking forward to trying: Mickey Ice Cream bar, possibly a Dole Whip and Cream Cheese Pretzel
9. My Disney Girl’s Perfectly Princess Tea Party with the girls!!
10. I am sure the guys are looking forward to golfing trip too

What about all of you who are reading? What would be your Top 10 List? I am looking forward to reading what makes your top 10 list.
September 2010 PTR

Last edited by Charlefours; 02-23-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:58 PM   #270
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

TGM, RideMax, UG, "All My By Self" or Wing it?

There seems to be a lot of TR I am reading as of late that have used either Tour Guide Mike or RideMax to help create their touring plans. There are, of course, several mentioning using UG’s plans as well. I am curious to know what you all have done in the past—do you use TGM, RideMax, UG, "All My By Self" (in the words of my daughter for doing it yourself) or wing it?

September 2010 PTR

Last edited by Charlefours; 02-23-2010 at 01:04 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: