Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2010, 07:41 PM   #1396
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Cute videos! I also liked Marc's "Oh Baylor"
Old 02-22-2010, 08:20 PM   #1397
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh;[COLOR="Blue"
35535843[/COLOR]]That harper is cute awake or asleep.
Thanks Jordan!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
I can't wait to read all about both your stay and Anita's stay at BLT. The model was amazing!
It's only Shocker and I, to save points, we have a studio. I just checked, so far it's still a Bay lake view....
Quote:

Quote:
Now to get one of those purple lockers Anita loves
Better start thinking of a name! You are going to love it!

Quote:
Anita, are the Christmas week crowds unbearable? Or did you find it similar to the summer?
We go in late May/early June.... the crowds aren't that bad. Christmas crowds are comparable to what we saw at Spring Break. Honestly it's manageable if you plan right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneydawn View Post
Hi there! LOOOVe all the pics you posted and way back 2 million pages ago when Shocker went to AKL and walked 2,786 steps to retrieve Keeley's ticket...he officially rec'd the pass to Heaven's Deluxe Concierge Level! With private balcony.

Just sayin...

BTW - officially last night we booked Friday March 19th at WDW. Might stay Sat also.

Will call you to see if we can't just meet up!
I'm pretty sure we will be at Epcot that Friday night. We want to see David Cassidy at the Flower Power concert. You know it's F&G!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Quote:
Baylor makes Dumbo a thrill ride!
Sweet video of Harper in Small World.
You can imagine that we were planning to just cruise in front of their Dumbo and video them riding but with Baylor at the controls.......
Didn't quite go as planned.

Harper was just amazed by all those folks in Small World!

Quote:
It's Monday again.
Why does it seem like there are more Mondays than there are Saturdays and Sundays?
It was a long Monday too.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Love the video, but Baylor was all over the place with Dumbo, wasn't he? I cracked up listening to Marc, saying, "Oh, Baylor....."
It was just to much to ask Baylor to keep Dumbo steady so we could get a decent video.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
Love the video clips! I'm gonna have it's a small world in my head all day
Should I apologize?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
I was cracking up over the Dumbo video! I guess Widg was the driver??? Hilarious that you kept giving her directions to go up and down and Baylor did the opposite of you every time!

Sometimes that Baylor! You just want to reach out and grab him.....UGH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Love the Dumbo Video...Baylor cracks me up!!! What a great kid!!!

OOOH I'm crossing my fingers for your castle view...that would be FANTASTIC!!

Another great update Anita...I just love reading your tales at Disney!! Always good for a smile, a laugh, and a great time!
I'm telling you, that darn Baylor and the Dumbo video....
Just typical, very typical....
I'm still very hopeful on the castle view too!
Thanks for reading Jen, I'm glad you are here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Great videos, and more great pictures!!! Looks like a fun day was had by most of you.

Are you still getting some bad weather in your area?? I wish winter would stop....I am beginning to think that spring will just pass us by all together and we will go right to fall/winter again - !!!!
We had some sleet yesterday and snow flurries last night and today, really cold! I'm so ready for spring too!
Our Spring Break trip is in just 18 days!
Yowza!
It was one of our better days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njtinkmom View Post
Sorry for just joining in it took me forever to catch up on 93:: pages of reading - but it was sooo worth it. What a great report - sorry for the drama, but I can relate. My oldest dd is soon to be 13 and is already starting with her drama. Seems like nothing I do can make that girl happy . I just know that if I acted like that at 13 my father would have kicked the you know what out of me! I would not have even considered daydreaming about acting out... but that was many moons ago! I also had to laugh about asking her to take the bus alone - horror of horrors! I have a 26 that's right 26 yo step son who won't travel the Disney system without us! I asked him to take my younger kids back to the room last summer when we were in MK so I could do some last minute shopping with hubby and you would have thought I asked him to climb Mt. Everest in a speedo!!

Harper is just too cute for words!

I do have one very pressing question - I know I break all the rules, but I usually travel around with my (gasp) belly bag! And given the size of my belly you would gasp too ! Anyway I really like all these Vera bags I see you guys with, and EBAY is my friend (or enemy whichever applies!) so do you usually ebay these, and if so are they the real deal or knock offs and how can you tell (yikes that was a run on!) Also, how do they hold up to the lovely Florida rain showers/soakers! Any help would be appreciated, so that I will not have the fashion police after me this trip!
Hi! Welcome, I'm glad you are here and reading along!!
Thanks for the compliment on Harper!

Kids can be a pain, especially the drama Queens!

Ebay is great for Vera shopping. When it rains, I just tend to tuck mine in my poncho or jacket. They are washable so you would be safe though...
This past trip I purchased a Vera Frill backpack. It's patent leather. So it's waterproof. Perfect for Florida!
I've never heard of a knock off Vera on ebay, ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
What a great night! You got to go to my two favorite parks. I love your group pictures.
It really was a great night! We had so much fun...
Thanks, I was happy with those pics too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Soooo much to comment on!
NativeNYer.....Jennifer, Congratulations on BLT! You will love owning DVC!!
Okay Anita....let's see.....Harper really seemed to enjoy that balcony I love to sit out there too and gaze over the serengeti
Harper in her 3D glasses just cracked me right up!! She is just so adorable!!
Wow...the Castle is gorgeous with that lighting! I have never seen pictures of it like that!
Your PP pictures are great! Especially love the one of you and Marc
I have a pink cupcake One of these days I am going to have to take a picture of my Camilia bracelet with the Disney charms that I bought in the store by me that sells Vera. Just thinking you might need something else to collect

Tracy
Ummmmm, Tracy....
I need to see that bracelet! Like now.
I was also looking at a Pink Cupcake VB tonight...
Thanks on the Marc and I pic. I'm thinking of framing that for school, for him.
That picture of the castle is one of my favorites too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
I'm all caught up! Great updates The photopass pictures of all of you are wonderful. That video of Dumbo was too cute!!

I hate to hear that drama is coming the next day....
Drama, drama, drama....
Yes, the Dumbo video makes me laugh, it's Baylor at his best!
Occasionally we are able to make ourselves presentable for the photo pass photographer!
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2010, 08:24 PM   #1399
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Cute videos! I also liked Marc's "Oh Baylor"
I think we didn't give Baylor clear enough instructions about holding Dumbo steady before we took off....
MeMom was right, Baylor turned Harper's first Dumbo ride into a thrill ride!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:25 PM   #1400
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Just got back last night. I'm all caught up on you TR now. I love your photo pass pictures. The drams so far doesn't sound too bad. Can't wait for the next update, a little foreshadowing there. Hope it wasn't too bad.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 02-22-2010, 08:53 PM   #1401
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Welcome back Vanessa! How was the French Quarter over Mardi Gras?
Old 02-22-2010, 09:16 PM   #1402
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post

I'm pretty sure we will be at Epcot that Friday night. We want to see David Cassidy at the Flower Power concert. You know it's F&G!
They are having some new Princess and the Frog topiaries over between MousGear and Test Track. Will you try to get pictures of those? And the sand sculpture, too?

We saw David Cassidy last year or year before, I can't remember which.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:18 PM   #1403
VAisforDisneyLvrs
Mouseketeer

I've been away from the boards for a few days, so I had a lot to catch up on! The picture of Harper's "mean face" was just adorable.

It was son nice the way you all traded off baby duty-that way everyone got to do something they loved.

The family pictures, both at DHS and MK, were great! You have a photogenic family!

I love Vera, too! I just got a new all-in-one wristlet (in Paprika) for Christmas. I don't like to carry a lot at the parks, and my old one was perfect for me to carry around when I went with my sister. It fit my ID, ticket, phone, and credit card. Of course, when I go with the family I usually carry a little bit more, but I am still not a big bag person. I really like the Libby bag. It's small with an adjustable strap. It was good for me to carry on my person, and then I had another small tote bag type thing on the stroller. I put my money and valuable things in the VB bag, and just diapers, wipes, etc. in the bag on the stroller. This time I won't have any diapers to carry!

I am thinking about getting a new bag before our August trip. Speaking of which-I made our ADRs this past weekend.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:20 PM   #1404
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It's only Shocker and I, to save points, we have a studio. I just checked, so far it's still a Bay lake view....

We go in late May/early June.... the crowds aren't that bad. Christmas crowds are comparable to what we saw at Spring Break. Honestly it's manageable if you plan right
The studio is very room and beautiful. I hope you get your MK view.

Hmmmm a name for the locker....

A Christmas trip may be a possibility for 2011. I think I'm booking Columbus Day weekend for MNSSHP and F&W.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:37 PM   #1405
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Quote:
They are having some new Princess and the Frog topiaries over between MousGear and Test Track. Will you try to get pictures of those? And the sand sculpture, too?
We sure will! Shocker is the better picture taker between us but between the both of us, we're sure to get some good ones for you!

Quote:
We saw David Cassidy last year or year before, I can't remember which.
Did you enjoy his concert?
I just wish he still looked like he did in the old TV series. He was so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAisforDisneyLvrs View Post
Quote:
I've been away from the boards for a few days, so I had a lot to catch up on! The picture of Harper's "mean face" was just adorable.
Thanks! We love to get her to perform, and that mean face is one of her "acts"!

Quote:
It was son nice the way you all traded off baby duty-that way everyone got to do something they loved.
We knew touring with a little one would be different. It certainly had it's joyful moments!

Quote:
The family pictures, both at DHS and MK, were great! You have a photogenic family!
We took quite a few pics! There are some horrific ones as well!

Quote:
I love Vera, too! I just got a new all-in-one wristlet (in Paprika) for Christmas. I don't like to carry a lot at the parks, and my old one was perfect for me to carry around when I went with my sister. It fit my ID, ticket, phone, and credit card. Of course, when I go with the family I usually carry a little bit more, but I am still not a big bag person. I really like the Libby bag. It's small with an adjustable strap. It was good for me to carry on my person, and then I had another small tote bag type thing on the stroller. I put my money and valuable things in the VB bag, and just diapers, wipes, etc. in the bag on the stroller. This time I won't have any diapers to carry!
The best thing about VB is there is something for everyone! Have you checked out any of the new "Frill" line? I love those bags!

Quote:
I am thinking about getting a new bag before our August trip. Speaking of which-I made our ADRs this past weekend.
So are you happy with what you got? You need to share!

Quote:
The studio is very room and beautiful. I hope you get your MK view.

Hmmmm a name for the locker....

A Christmas trip may be a possibility for 2011. I think I'm booking Columbus Day weekend for MNSSHP and F&W.
We are hoping for a big DIS meet Christmas 2011 EVERYONE is invited! We are thinking right around Christmas since it's lots of teachers.....

Are you going to try to book an Epcot resort for F&W?

Last edited by wigdoutdismom; 02-23-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:51 PM   #1406
VAisforDisneyLvrs
Mouseketeer

Quote:

So are you happy with what you got? You need to share!

I am stalking the boards tonight.....So, since you asked, yes, I am thrilled with my ADRs!

Here they are:
8/18-arrival day-probably goint to eat at Rainforest Cafe at DTD
8/19-going to SeaWorld-no ADRs
8/20-CRT lunch-family tradition-we've eaten lunch at the castle on our first MK day for lunch on both trips
8/21-Garden Grill dinner-kids request
8/22-Kona dinner-new for us
8/23-Ohana breakfast for just my 3 year old and me-new to us also-Big kids and DH going to a water park
8/24-WCC dinner
8/25-50s PTC lunch-new to us- and Le Cellier (date night!)-new to us
8/26-Tusker House breakfast
8/27-Liberty Tavern lunch-new to us
8/28-Tutto Italia lunch -new to us-and departure day

We have a mix of old and new-and we are staying for 10 nights!

Old 02-22-2010, 10:06 PM   #1407
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAisforDisneyLvrs View Post

I am stalking the boards tonight.....So, since you asked, yes, I am thrilled with my ADRs!

Here they are:
8/18-arrival day-probably goint to eat at Rainforest Cafe at DTD
8/19-going to SeaWorld-no ADRs
8/20-CRT lunch-family tradition-we've eaten lunch at the castle on our first MK day for lunch on both trips
8/21-Garden Grill dinner-kids request
8/22-Kona dinner-new for us
8/23-Ohana breakfast for just my 3 year old and me-new to us also-Big kids and DH going to a water park
8/24-WCC dinner
8/25-50s PTC lunch-new to us- and Le Cellier (date night!)-new to us
8/26-Tusker House breakfast
8/27-Liberty Tavern lunch-new to us
8/28-Tutto Italia lunch -new to us-and departure day

We have a mix of old and new-and we are staying for 10 nights!

Maggie, Looks great!
You have some that we are trying too!
Kona (dinner)and Tutto will be firsts for us this summer!
I'd like to try Ohana for breakfast!
Liberty Tree is a great place for lunch!
We love Tusker House for Breakfast!
Le Cellier Yummy! My favorite is the Mushroom Filet!
Garden Grill is tasty!
CRT, WCC, 50's PTC lots of good eating ahead of you!
Old 02-22-2010, 10:14 PM   #1408
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

man, am I behind over here!
Old 02-23-2010, 11:52 AM   #1409
manntra
DIS Veteran

Here is a picture of my bracelet...I have a Cinderella carriage charm, a Minnie head with gold bow and the other is a pink mickey head...I am waiting for a Murano pink Minnie and then I should be set for awhile
Old 02-23-2010, 12:37 PM   #1410
njtinkmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Here is a picture of my bracelet...I have a Cinderella carriage charm, a Minnie head with gold bow and the other is a pink mickey head...I am waiting for a Murano pink Minnie and then I should be set for awhile
OMG I LOVE this bracelet!! Where did you get it?? I HAVE to HAVE one!! Can I ebay this too while I am looking for a new Vera Bag? Yikes I won't have any money for my July trip!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: