Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2010, 01:22 PM   #16
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

I just saw on facebook they are going to be having a Vinylmation store at Downtown Disney! It's supposed to open this spring!

Nikki, that is awesome you got the carousel...I love that one too! I wish I could get a chaser but I'm not that lucky. That's why I can't wait for park 4 because I love every single one of the designs and will be happy no matter which one I get (I plan on getting atleast 2 of them when we go in April!).
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:56 PM   #17
That'sNotVeryMagical
Mouseketeer

I'm amassing quite the Vinyl collection as well, but it's not really picture-worthy, they just sit on my desk or random places at my sister's house. I wanted them before they even came out (because I think they are adorable), but being so far from Disney and only making a few trips a year, it's harder to get them, especially since I'm more of a 'get the ones I want' type as opposed to buying blindly. So I do a lot of eBay purchasing. :P

I have:
4 from Park 1
9 from Park 2 (wow, didn't realize I had that many!)
2 from Park 3 and the 9 inch Rizzo.

2 from Urban 1
2 from Urban 2
1 from Urban 3

2 Muppets on the way from eBay

The Jack-o-Lantern from the Holiday series, the Candy Corn holiday special and the Christmas tree holiday special.

So, 25 3-inchers and 1 9-incher. And of all of those, I only bought 3 in person; the 2 holiday specials and the Rizzo.

I love the Cutesters; since I want most of them I'm probably gonna end up buying a case, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

√WDW √TDR √HKDR √DLR DLRP
That'sNotVeryMagical is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2010, 03:59 PM   #18
That'sNotVeryMagical
Mouseketeer

Oh! I meant to add...

One cute thing that my sister and I do is that I have some kind of random ones; so we leave them different strange places around her house and call them 'hidden Mickeys'. She also has a couple of rooms in her house with a 'theme,' so if I see a vinyl that fits her theme, I buy it for her house.

Old 02-20-2010, 04:00 PM   #19
Princess_Nikki
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
I just saw on facebook they are going to be having a Vinylmation store at Downtown Disney! It's supposed to open this spring!

Nikki, that is awesome you got the carousel...I love that one too! I wish I could get a chaser but I'm not that lucky. That's why I can't wait for park 4 because I love every single one of the designs and will be happy no matter which one I get (I plan on getting atleast 2 of them when we go in April!).
A vinylmation store?! That's awesome!!! Bahaha, yeah, don't worry you're not alone with missing out on getting a Chaser blindly. I'm sure I won't either!

Nice collection ThatsNotVeryMagical!
I need to take a pic of mine today sometime........
Old 02-21-2010, 10:33 AM   #20
Lan
D23 Charter Year Member

My collection so far

Special releases with Mickey presenting them LOL

Cutesters set

Holiday set

If I don't really want to purchase a case of an entire set, I just do one blind box or get it off of Ebay
WDW - Pin & Vinylmation Events Sept 12-15
WDW - Food & Wine Oct 11-14
WDW - Dec 5-8

WDW Marathon Weekend Jan 7-12
WDW Princess Half Marathon Weekend Feb 19-23
DCL Magic - Southern Caribbean Cruise Sept 27- Oct 4
Blog: DizThruBrownEyes.com
Lan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:44 PM   #21
That'sNotVeryMagical
Mouseketeer

Nice collection!

Crap... I just realized they no longer have cases of Cutesters on Disneystore.com. I'm gonna have to call the mail order place tomorrow and see if they'll sell me one that way. Has anyone ever bought a case through mail order? What do they charge to ship it? I'm guessing it may be the $30 it costs to ship through the website...

Old 02-21-2010, 06:51 PM   #22
MickeyMouseCD524
Mouseketeer

where did u get the cases??
MickeyMouseCD524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:54 PM   #23
MickeyMouseCD524
Mouseketeer

i just got my first 2 vinylmation the other day i have the the clear black one from clear 1 and the toon hole one from park 2
MickeyMouseCD524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:09 PM   #24
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan View Post
My collection so far

Special releases with Mickey presenting them LOL

Cutesters set

Holiday set

If I don't really want to purchase a case of an entire set, I just do one blind box or get it off of Ebay
Nice collection! I love those holiday ones.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 02-22-2010, 12:43 AM   #25
Princess_Nikki
DIS Veteran

Wow, Lan! That is a great collection!!! I love the way you have them displayed. Where did you get those great cases?

I'm still fiddling with the settings on my camera and I've got to figure out how to display them to take a decent picture.

Thank you, Lan, for posting those awesome pics!!

Awe, Cutesters cases are sold out on the disney website?? Yeah, shipping with Disney Merchandising mail order seems really high, and I would imagine it would be more than disneyshopping.com.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:50 PM   #26
TinkerKat
The only thing that "I own" that comes close to my overabundance of scrap supplies are the "overabundance of pounds...
This is my first official "gardening year"

Hey kids! Had to jump on here and share a link with you all. This is the Vinylmation creations of a remarkable young man I had the pleasure of working with. You will truly be awed and inspired by his Vinyl creations!

http://www.mametchi.com/ink_vinylmation.shtml

Enjoy!

TinkerKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:03 PM   #27
mickin
Starlight, Starbright, first star I see tonight

heres my collection so far...i really need a park/urban 1..wish i started to collect them back then.

This is my create your own one...its inspired by the tv show How I met Your Mother and I call it Mickey Suit Up!

I also have some pins
Me Jay 25 DB Tracie 24 Luna First trip 1989, 1991-1995 All stars, Dixie Landing, 1996 DVC members at OKW, 1997-2008 All DVC resorts, Coranado, POP, 2009-2010 at least once a month, 2010 vinylmation obsession starts, May 2011 first stay at Bay Lake. Wedding set for Jan 6th at WP/ADH Our PJ

mickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:20 PM   #28
Princess_Nikki
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerKat View Post
Hey kids! Had to jump on here and share a link with you all. This is the Vinylmation creations of a remarkable young man I had the pleasure of working with. You will truly be awed and inspired by his Vinyl creations!

Enjoy!
Great link, Kathy, thanks!
Where do you work? Are you an artist too?
Old 02-22-2010, 09:55 PM   #29
TinkerKat
The only thing that "I own" that comes close to my overabundance of scrap supplies are the "overabundance of pounds...
This is my first official "gardening year"

Nikki, glad you enjoyed it! Keith & I worked together at the World of Disney in NYC. Sadly we closed our doors in December But we are all so proud of him! He even had a 9" Vinyl featured at the D23 Convention in Sept.
I wish a had a fraction of his artist skills! LOL.

TinkerKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:15 AM   #30
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerKat View Post

Enjoy!
Wow, those are awesome! I LOVE that Tinkerbell one! Thanks for sharing.
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: