Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2010, 10:15 PM   #241
kbmaggs
Mouseketeer

Queen for a dinner??

Hubby and I will be trying the Queen Victoria room on Wednesday- will return with a full report!
kbmaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:36 AM   #242
engle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmaggs View Post
Hubby and I will be trying the Queen Victoria room on Wednesday- will return with a full report!
PLEASE!!! ASAP!!! My sis and I are going to V&A on the 26th and are thinking of switching to it if avail....want more info!!
engle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2010, 11:56 AM   #243
MAGGIED
DIS Veteran

our dining

We dined at Victoria and Alberts last night.... it was amazing.... there were five of us. My DH, our DS (17), my sister and her husband.... it was our 24th wedding anniversary.... here is the menu and a few quick thoughts...

The menu…

The Amuse-Boushe was a taste of salmon…. It began with a salmon mousse… then a salmon on a pancetta pancake with caviar and an herb (don’t remember), then another type of salmon mousse with fresh dill and salmon eggs, and then a smoked salmon with herbs…. My DH could give you a much better description but he is on the golf course right now….. I enjoyed the salmon on the with caviar the best,… it was amazing…

First course:

Maine Lobster with Watermelon Radish, Kohlrabi and Vanilla Aioli
Colorado Buffalo with Fennell, Olives, Artichokes and Sherry Vinaigrette
Galilee Osetra Caviar $90 ½ oz
DeSietra Osetra Caviar $60 ½ oz.

DH and DS had the Buffalo and DSIS, DBIL and I had the lobster… both were wonderful…. I tasted the Buffalo and did like it a little better than my lobster…it was delicious

Second Course:
Diver Scallop with Floirda corn and chorizo sauce
Sake-Soy Marinated King Salmon with Bok Choy and Soy Beans
Wild Turbot with toasted capers and meyer lemon $30

All of us had the scallop except DS who had the salmon and said it was bar none the best salmon he ever had. The scallop was perfectly cooked with just a bit of crunch on the it because of the crushed popcorn it was breaded with… the choizo sauce had a bit of a bite to it… was delicious…

Third course:
Lobster Bisque with Vol au Vent and Vanilla Foam
Poulet Rouge with Mushroom-Truffle Ragout, black trumpet mushroons and English peas
Duck Breast, Duck sausage and confit with salsigy and pomegranate suce

DSis and DH had the chicken and mushroom dish….. both enjoyed it very much. The rest of us had the duck…. It was melt in your mouth tender… the duck sausage was wonderful… just the perfect amount of seasoning …

Fourth Course:
Kurobuta Pork Tenderloin and Belly with baby beets and sherry bacon vinaigrette
Niman Ranch Lamb with frsh cannellini bean cassoulet
Marcho farms veal tenderloin with marble potatoes and suace soubise
Australian Kobe Beef tenderloin with smoked garlic potato puree $35
Japanese Wagyu Tenderloin with oxtail jus $80

DH and I both had the lamb… amazing…. DSis and DBil had the pork,,, which they shared and was by far the best tasting bit of food I had all night!!!! DS had the Australian Kobe beef that melted in your mouth…… delightful!

Fifth Course:

Thomas Hoe Stevenson Stilton, Coach Farm Goat, 36 month aged parmigiano reggiano and Thomasville Tomme…
White Chocolate Gelato with tableside shavings….

DH, DS, DSIS had the gelato and DBil and I had the cheese course…. I enjoy all the cheeses… DBIL did not care for the stilton…. All enjoyed the Gelato…. DH had the wine pairings last night as well…. And with the gelato they served a Paolo Saracco Moscato D’Asti…. It was wonderful!!!!

Desserts:
Tanzanie Chocolate Pyramid with a Champagne Chambord Tuffle and Macerated Pomegrante Seeds
Meyer Lemon and blood orange purse with blackberry violet sherbet
Carmelized banana gateau
Vanilla bean crème brulee
Grand marnier soufflé
Hawaiian kina chocolate suffle

DH had the crème brulee and the rest of us the Carmelized banana ….. creamy, rich, and wonderful……

Of course coffee to finish….

We were sent home with our rose and a lovely date bread for breakfast.

Overall the experience was amazing and one we will remember…. DS asked that we forget all other dining plans on future trips and just come back to V&A…

The only hiccup for the night was the waiter would not honor our Tables in Wonderland card… saying that Valentines Day was a blackout day… I didn’t not want to argue with him so we paid our bill and this morning I called TIW and they kindly credited back to my charge card the 20% with their apologies. My husband was overly generous with his tip , as usual…. It was a wonderful night. I will post photos when we get back home…

MAGGIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:12 PM   #244
GirlfromTN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGGIED View Post
We dined at Victoria and Alberts last night.... it was amazing.... there were five of us. My DH, our DS (17), my sister and her husband.... it was our 24th wedding anniversary.... here is the menu and a few quick thoughts...

The menu…

The Amuse-Boushe was a taste of salmon…. It began with a salmon mousse… then a salmon on a pancetta pancake with caviar and an herb (don’t remember), then another type of salmon mousse with fresh dill and salmon eggs, and then a smoked salmon with herbs…. My DH could give you a much better description but he is on the golf course right now….. I enjoyed the salmon on the with caviar the best,… it was amazing…

First course:

Maine Lobster with Watermelon Radish, Kohlrabi and Vanilla Aioli
Colorado Buffalo with Fennell, Olives, Artichokes and Sherry Vinaigrette
Galilee Osetra Caviar $90 ½ oz
DeSietra Osetra Caviar $60 ½ oz.

DH and DS had the Buffalo and DSIS, DBIL and I had the lobster… both were wonderful…. I tasted the Buffalo and did like it a little better than my lobster…it was delicious

Second Course:
Diver Scallop with Floirda corn and chorizo sauce
Sake-Soy Marinated King Salmon with Bok Choy and Soy Beans
Wild Turbot with toasted capers and meyer lemon $30

All of us had the scallop except DS who had the salmon and said it was bar none the best salmon he ever had. The scallop was perfectly cooked with just a bit of crunch on the it because of the crushed popcorn it was breaded with… the choizo sauce had a bit of a bite to it… was delicious…

Third course:
Lobster Bisque with Vol au Vent and Vanilla Foam
Poulet Rouge with Mushroom-Truffle Ragout, black trumpet mushroons and English peas
Duck Breast, Duck sausage and confit with salsigy and pomegranate suce

DSis and DH had the chicken and mushroom dish….. both enjoyed it very much. The rest of us had the duck…. It was melt in your mouth tender… the duck sausage was wonderful… just the perfect amount of seasoning …

Fourth Course:
Kurobuta Pork Tenderloin and Belly with baby beets and sherry bacon vinaigrette
Niman Ranch Lamb with frsh cannellini bean cassoulet
Marcho farms veal tenderloin with marble potatoes and suace soubise
Australian Kobe Beef tenderloin with smoked garlic potato puree $35
Japanese Wagyu Tenderloin with oxtail jus $80

DH and I both had the lamb… amazing…. DSis and DBil had the pork,,, which they shared and was by far the best tasting bit of food I had all night!!!! DS had the Australian Kobe beef that melted in your mouth…… delightful!

Fifth Course:

Thomas Hoe Stevenson Stilton, Coach Farm Goat, 36 month aged parmigiano reggiano and Thomasville Tomme…
White Chocolate Gelato with tableside shavings….

DH, DS, DSIS had the gelato and DBil and I had the cheese course…. I enjoy all the cheeses… DBIL did not care for the stilton…. All enjoyed the Gelato…. DH had the wine pairings last night as well…. And with the gelato they served a Paolo Saracco Moscato D’Asti…. It was wonderful!!!!

Desserts:
Tanzanie Chocolate Pyramid with a Champagne Chambord Tuffle and Macerated Pomegrante Seeds
Meyer Lemon and blood orange purse with blackberry violet sherbet
Carmelized banana gateau
Vanilla bean crème brulee
Grand marnier soufflé
Hawaiian kina chocolate suffle

DH had the crème brulee and the rest of us the Carmelized banana ….. creamy, rich, and wonderful……

Of course coffee to finish….

We were sent home with our rose and a lovely date bread for breakfast.

Overall the experience was amazing and one we will remember…. DS asked that we forget all other dining plans on future trips and just come back to V&A…

The only hiccup for the night was the waiter would not honor our Tables in Wonderland card… saying that Valentines Day was a blackout day… I didn’t not want to argue with him so we paid our bill and this morning I called TIW and they kindly credited back to my charge card the 20% with their apologies. My husband was overly generous with his tip , as usual…. It was a wonderful night. I will post photos when we get back home…
Thanks for posting your menu. I am disappointed that other than the lobster bisque, the menu is exactly the same as when I was there the first week in December. From what I understand they used to change the menu more often. Oh well.
Polynesian - March 2009
ABD Backstage Magic - June 2009
DCL Wonder 3 night Bahamas - December 2009
Tokyo Disney - March 2010
GirlfromTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:35 PM   #245
MAGGIED
DIS Veteran

It was all new to us so we were pleased... trying to download some photos now... will post them when I can...

MAGGIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:34 AM   #246
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:44 AM   #247
disney minnie
DIS Veteran

My husband and I went for our second time in October and had a fantastic time. Especially since we only paid $6.34 for our meal! We have the TIW card which helped a lot and then we used out Disney Visa points for the rest. If my husband had not ordered the wagu (sp?) we would have still had money on our card.

We actually did pay a little more because we left an extra tip.

Any reports on the new room? We are going for my 40th birthday in April.
disney minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:25 AM   #248
scojos
I want to be Tinkerbell and fly on the wire to start wishes
Thinks Disney studies should be taught in all schools

i subbed ages ago hoping that dh would take me, well guess what? im going to take myself- he can joing me if he wants, men - huh!
right my question is for allergies, what do they do?
thanks
tracy
2010 - 2 weeks SSR free DDP 1 week creekside villa
2013- 2 weeks okw free ddp[/SIZE]
me dh ds1 ds2dd
scojos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:27 AM   #249
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scojos View Post
i subbed ages ago hoping that dh would take me, well guess what? im going to take myself- he can joing me if he wants, men - huh!
right my question is for allergies, what do they do?
thanks
tracy
Let them know & they will provide you with a menu that won't have those ingredients on it.

Dis_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:59 PM   #250
DisneyZane
Mouseketeer

Amazing Victoria and Albert's Review Chef's Table

One of the Mom's panelists did a review of V&A on the Disney Food Blog and it looks amazing. I could never afford $175 for it, but she makes a good point that it's entertainment AND dinner in one. Check it out:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/0...-table-review/
DisneyZane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:23 PM   #251
tessa67
Mouseketeer

I am hoping some others report on their recent CT experience. I was recommending it to my parents but would like to know if it has really gone downhill.

Dis_Yoda, did your communication from Disney indicate that there have been changes? Such as the length of the dinner, the matching courses, etc?

I noted the Disney site says it is an "approximately 3 hour dining experience." So maybe 2.5 hours is now the norm?
tessa67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:27 PM   #252
Tara
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlfromTN View Post
Thanks for posting your menu. I am disappointed that other than the lobster bisque, the menu is exactly the same as when I was there the first week in December. From what I understand they used to change the menu more often. Oh well.
I haven't gotten up to look at my menu, but that looks the same as my menu from Sunday, 3/21.

Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:18 AM   #253
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessa67 View Post
I am hoping some others report on their recent CT experience. I was recommending it to my parents but would like to know if it has really gone downhill.

Dis_Yoda, did your communication from Disney indicate that there have been changes? Such as the length of the dinner, the matching courses, etc?

I noted the Disney site says it is an "approximately 3 hour dining experience." So maybe 2.5 hours is now the norm?
There was no communication about the length of the dinner changes.

However, looking at the Disney Food Blog - Mom's Panel Blog - their timing/pacing seemed to be what it used to be.

I guess we just need to wait and see what others post in the upcoming months of their experiences are.

Dis_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:52 AM   #254
JenKatt
Geek in training

We just did the Queen Vicky room, and I can report that we were there for 4+ hours. We were there the longest, but even the couple that was there the shortest was there for 3 hours.

JenKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:45 AM   #255
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

The blog report seems to indicate everyone at the table got the same dish for each course.

Does anyone know if that's the practice now?

Dis Yoda -- I think you mentioned that was the case on your last visit to the Chef's Table.

One of the things dh and I enjoy about the Chef's Table as they would bring us each a different dish for each course. We would taste from each others' dishes and get to try many different things. Plus, the wine pairings would be different, so we got to taste twice as many wines as we would have if the same dish had been brought to us for each course.

Anyone know the practice these days?
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: