Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2010, 12:19 AM   #7
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

I just found this thread and it makes me so sad to see so many of us dealing with the loss our mothers. Yet also comforting to see I am not alone (I only have one friend in real life who has lost a mom).

I lost my mom in January of 2008, as hard as I thought it would be, its been so much harder. She and I had a very close bond dating back to when I was seven and my dad died.

The first year was for sure the hardest thing I have dealt with to date. But even as time has passed, its amazing at how raw it can still feel. Its funny, she was very close to her mom and I remember when my grandmother died thinking that someday that would be me, missing and grieving for my mom. Now that day is here and nothing can really prepare you for it.

Amy&Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: