Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 08:02 PM   #3886
ZPT1022
DIS Veteran
Dreaming of my Disney honeymoon!
Beware the troll dolls in Norway...they're creepy!

Cici, you must have had your c-section by now so I am thinking of you and hoping all went well. I hope you are resting and recovering nicely and enjoying your time with your new little one
Old 02-09-2010, 08:09 PM   #3887
locolala
Ketchup doesn't belong in your nose!

Hope Cici and little Cici are doing well!!

My appointment for tomorrow has been cancelled due to the white crud that continues to fall from the sky. This was one I've waited for 2 months for! My level 2 ultrasound and meeting with the genetic counselor. I'm sad but understanding, but still sad lol.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2010, 09:11 PM   #3888
WDWAurora
I may not be Peter's Tink, but I'm Patrick's...And his princess...Can Tink be a princess? Please?

Ok ladies, my first shower is Saturday! I'm super excited. It's in my hometown, which is several hours away, so we're doing it a little early. I'll be 28 weeks (well, I'm 28 weeks today, so I still will be Saturday). I'm trying to figure out what to wear. I already own this dress: http://www.motherhood.com/Product.as...ategory_Id=MC3

What do you guys think? Would it be cute? I could do black tights or purple tights. I'm not buying anything new for the shower, but I just can't decide what out of what I have I want to wear!! I was thinking this one since it will be fairly cold, and it has some color to it, instead of being all black, or just black and white.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:25 AM   #3889
lilianddomsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWAurora View Post
Ok ladies, my first shower is Saturday! I'm super excited. It's in my hometown, which is several hours away, so we're doing it a little early. I'll be 28 weeks (well, I'm 28 weeks today, so I still will be Saturday). I'm trying to figure out what to wear. I already own this dress: http://www.motherhood.com/Product.as...ategory_Id=MC3

What do you guys think? Would it be cute? I could do black tights or purple tights. I'm not buying anything new for the shower, but I just can't decide what out of what I have I want to wear!! I was thinking this one since it will be fairly cold, and it has some color to it, instead of being all black, or just black and white.
I think that it's a really cute dress and think that it would be really nice to wear to the shower

ds 6

ds 4

dd 2

Old 02-10-2010, 09:59 AM   #3890
ZPT1022
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolala View Post
Hope Cici and little Cici are doing well!!

My appointment for tomorrow has been cancelled due to the white crud that continues to fall from the sky. This was one I've waited for 2 months for! My level 2 ultrasound and meeting with the genetic counselor. I'm sad but understanding, but still sad lol.
Sorry that your appointment got canceled but better safe than sorry. Hopefully they will get you rescheduled quickly

Quote:

That's a really cute dress, I'd wear that with some tights and a cardigan if you need the extra layer for warmth (can't tell how thick the dress is).
Old 02-10-2010, 10:09 AM   #3891
hulagirl87
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Super cute! I wore a dress to my shower and it ended up being really comfortable. I lucked out and didn't have to buy anything either. It was a dress that I already owned, pre pregnancy.

me DH DD and DS
Old 02-10-2010, 03:04 PM   #3892
Pollito916
Some day my Prince will come and I'll live in the castle...
I do NOT have a Chicaaahgo accent!

Cici - I hope everything went well! Can't wait to hear all about it and see pics of your new little one!

DMickey - that's good to hear about the RCS, I just don't feel comfortable with trying for VBAC either and it's kind of nice to be able to have a specific date set and then get everything arranged for Alex and time-off for DH ahead of time.

locolala - Sorry your appt was cancelled. With DS, my appt ON MY DUE DATE was cancelled due to snow. To say I was upset would be an understatement. I'm pretty sure I balled my eyes out and may have even gotten a little hysterical. It was time to get that kid out!

Aurora - I think that dress is cute and should be perfect for a shower!

Ugh, I still have this stupid cough from the cold I had last week, and now I got a migraine at lunch today. My co-workers are trying to shove cough medicine and excedrin down my throat and don't understand why I won't take it. I just keep telling them that I already took something, but it's apparently not working.

Does anyone have any tips for migraines? I took some tylenol and layed down in the dark for a little while. Now I'm sitting at my desk with my shades on.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:26 PM   #3893
KiKi Mouse
DIS Veteran

I had my weekly fetal assessment u/s today. I am 35W3d. Baby is measuring 65th percentile....give or take ??15% I think it is.
I am keeping my blood sugar under control but nervous about baby getting too big due to the gestational diabetes.

I've been getting more braxton hicks and I have a bit of a discharge the past couple of days. Sorry to be TMI but I am worried it is the start of something.

I told DH today no more BD til 37+ weeks.

The other day my midwife gave me my homebirth supplies which made me more nervous about this being a for sure thing...LOL

Not sure where we are having this baby yet....just taking each day as it comes and trying not to worry too much. But it's hard. After the assessment today the tech came out and took my husband aside and told him not to worry about everything, baby looks great.

I called my midwife to tell her what the u/s said even though she will get the report on paper. She said it is great. I also asked her about the discharge and she said that starts around week 36.

Last edited by KiKi Mouse; 02-10-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:43 PM   #3894
ZPT1022
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollito916 View Post
Ugh, I still have this stupid cough from the cold I had last week, and now I got a migraine at lunch today. My co-workers are trying to shove cough medicine and excedrin down my throat and don't understand why I won't take it. I just keep telling them that I already took something, but it's apparently not working.

Does anyone have any tips for migraines? I took some tylenol and layed down in the dark for a little while. Now I'm sitting at my desk with my shades on.
You are allowed to have a little bit of caffeine so maybe a coffee or tea with another tylenol?? I don't know, I have a lot of migraines and I just had to switch my prescription to something that's safe during pregnancy. It doesn't work as well as the other med I had but it's better than nothing. If you keep getting migraines I'd talk to your doc, some people get hormonally induced migraines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiKi Mouse View Post
I had my weekly fetal assessment u/s today. I am 35W3d. Baby is measuring 65th percentile....give or take ??15% I think it is.
I am keeping my blood sugar under control but nervous about baby getting too big due to the gestational diabetes.

I've been getting more braxton hicks and I have a bit of a discharge the past couple of days. Sorry to be TMI but I am worried it is the start of something.

I told DH today no more BD til 37+ weeks.

The other day my midwife gave me my homebirth supplies which made me more nervous about this being a for sure thing...LOL

Not sure where we are having this baby yet....just taking each day as it comes and trying not to worry too much. But it's hard. After the assessment today the tech came out and took my husband aside and told him not to worry about everything, baby looks great.
It sounds like you are getting close! OMG, having the supplies there would make it feel so real for me. WOW!
Old 02-10-2010, 07:00 PM   #3895
WebmasterKathy

Not Podcast Kathy, I'm the other one
Bring on the tequila and chocolates!

DISboards Administrator

Jumbo thread- time to close this one!

Head over to the new thread HERE!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: