Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2010, 06:22 PM   #436
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Hi Tracy! Glad you're back!

Kathy
Hi Kathy! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallowishes View Post
i just started reading your trip report .. im not quite caught up yet! but im really enjoying it!
Thanks for following along
Old 01-25-2010, 11:25 AM   #437
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Is that a countdown to a trip in December I spy in your signature?????
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2010, 11:30 AM   #438
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Oooo!!! So exciting! And it's almost exactly 10 months away!!!!! That's not bad!
Old 01-25-2010, 11:33 AM   #439
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post
Is that a countdown to a trip in December I spy in your signature?????
Yep!!!! I'm not officially booked yet, still working out some stuff, but right now it's looking good! Our paths don't cross . Are you going to have a PTR?

Last edited by Mickey_Mom; 01-25-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:35 AM   #440
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
Oooo!!! So exciting! And it's almost exactly 10 months away!!!!! That's not bad!
I know! Our paths don't cross either . We're going to have to do some better co-ordination next time ladies!

Last edited by Mickey_Mom; 01-25-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:26 PM   #441
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Yep!!!! I'm not officially booked yet, still working out some stuff, but right now it's looking good! Our paths don't cross . Are you going to have a PTR?
Not sure yet about a PTR. I just took a promotion at my job and am also teaching online college courses, so-I have been crazy. Maybe it will slow down by then.

Also, thinking about just a short (possible) March trip for Spring Break just for DS and I, but still not sure this is possible.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:33 PM   #442
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Yippee for the BB update Tracy!! Love it! It sounds like you guys had a great day! One of these days we have to get to one of the water parks!

Yippee for a December trip too!! I know that's what you really wanted! What are your tentative dates?! Your ticker says 1 months 3 days, mine says 10 months, 1 week, 2 days. I have a feeling we're just going to miss each other! I'm planning on the 4th - 11th, although that could change!
Old 01-25-2010, 12:38 PM   #443
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post
Not sure yet about a PTR. I just took a promotion at my job and am also teaching online college courses, so-I have been crazy. Maybe it will slow down by then.

Also, thinking about just a short (possible) March trip for Spring Break just for DS and I, but still not sure this is possible.
Congratulations! Well, if you don't do a PTR, maybe you can occasionally pop into mine with a detail or two. I'd love to hear it.

Wow! Maybe a March trip! Now that you will definately have to keep me updated on!

Last edited by Mickey_Mom; 01-25-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:45 PM   #444
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Yippee for the BB update Tracy!! Love it! It sounds like you guys had a great day! One of these days we have to get to one of the water parks!

Yippee for a December trip too!! I know that's what you really wanted! What are your tentative dates?! Your ticker says 1 months 3 days, mine says 10 months, 1 week, 2 days. I have a feeling we're just going to miss each other! I'm planning on the 4th - 11th, although that could change!
Ugh, I miss you too? Seriously! Well there are possibilities.... I'm planning on November 28th to December 5th. Just maybe!!

It took us until our fourth trip to get to the water parks but it was sooooo fun! We definately enjoyed ourselves!

Last edited by Mickey_Mom; 01-25-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:50 PM   #445
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Ugh, I miss you too? Seriously! Well there are possibilities.... I'm planning on November 28th to December 5th. Just maybe!!

It took us until our fourth trip to get to the water parks but it was sooooo fun! We definately enjoyed ourselves!
Ohhh! Definitely a possiblity!
Old 01-25-2010, 02:14 PM   #446
Hallowishes
DIS Veteran

i must say, im almost caught up with your trip report ... and it is such a joy to read! i try not to get caught up in too mant Trip Reports .. coz they are time consuming! but i wantesd to let you know i am thoroughly enjoying yours! i think the part i most enjoyed is your mother daughter CRT experience. i think that is soemthing id like to do with my mom on our next annual trip im listening to reedycreekradio online and reading your trip report!
Old 01-25-2010, 02:33 PM   #447
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Ohhh! Definitely a possiblity!
Yipee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallowishes View Post
i must say, im almost caught up with your trip report ... and it is such a joy to read! i try not to get caught up in too mant Trip Reports .. coz they are time consuming! but i wantesd to let you know i am thoroughly enjoying yours! i think the part i most enjoyed is your mother daughter CRT experience. i think that is soemthing id like to do with my mom on our next annual trip im listening to reedycreekradio online and reading your trip report!
Oh thank you! I'm so glad to have made you smile along the way! CRT was most definately a highlight of the trip. Ariana was so well behaved and was in such a state of sheer happiness I sometimes still tear up thinking about it.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:51 PM   #448
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

When I left off, Blizzard Beach had been shut down for an impending storm and after waiting an hour to see if it would pass, we opted instead to head back to the Pop and then go to the Magic Kingdom. It was about three in the afternoon when we got to the lockers to pick up our stuff and to turn in Demetri’s life jacket. The skies were grey but the rain still hadn’t yet started and there seemed to be a bit of sun trying to poke thru, so we were hoping it would miss us altogether for a nice night at MK.

We started the walk out to the buses and we noted there were a lot of people who were sticking it out. The announcements were still periodically coming out advising us all to take immediate shelter.

Isn’t the themeing incredible? I felt like I should warn that kid to move away from the sharp and dangerous icicle looming above him!

We headed out to the bus area and lucked out with one arriving not five minutes later. Still no rain, it was looking good.

On the bus ride back, George and I discussed letting Alex go to Disney Quest on his own while we took Ariana and Demetri to Fantasyland. After having been there and seeing the layout and security, I felt fine letting him go. We got back to the Pop and Demetri and I went for a walk to fill up our mugs while everyone else got dried off and ready to go.

Still grey but no storm.

We sent Alex on his way with a firm talking to about strangers and being careful and when to be back to the rooms by, etc. etc. etc and he was a very happy grown up teenager heading off for some independent fun. Then finally, when the rest of us were just gathering our things to head out ourselves, the rain hit. It was a misty blah rain, not the torrential downpour we’d been expecting, so we were still hoping it would clear up.

We reached MK and ran into the shops to pass a bit more time to allow the skies to clear. I really loved these sparkly Minnie ears!

I’ve always loved this display…. I want it for my front hallway, it would fit so perfectly in there. Imagine walking thru your front door every day and being greeted by it!

As I was taking the picture, a CM gently tapped me on the shoulder and pointed up. He whispered, “Tinkerbell is up there… you must get a picture of her too.” Well okay!

A few more shots as we continued down Main Street within the shops….

And we reached Casey’s. We’ve yet to eat there….. another place for the next time list! Not very crowded considering the weather was still not cooperating.

We continued on and took shelter in the castle as the rains picked up instead of passing by.

It was then we decided to call it a day and head out of the Magic Kingdom. We knew the reaction we’d get when we told Ariana and predictably, she was devastated. Rain or not, to be that close to Fantasyland – all we had to do was continue thru the other end of the castle and we’d be there – just to turn around and leave? She was quietly miserable as our plans changed again and we headed over to Disney Quest to meet up with Alex for some indoor fun.

With one last picture of the castle on our way out…..

We tried to convince Ariana we’d be back soon to Fantasyland, not to worry.

When we booted it to the bus area, not being able to go from MK direct to DTD, we decided to just hop on the first bus we got to and see where it took us. Quick scan….. Ok! Saratoga Springs it is! Turned out we didn’t get to see any of the resort though. The bus dropped us off in a shelter area and then after waiting a while in the (thankfully!) covered spot, we were picked back up again by a DTD bus.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:57 PM   #449
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Off to DTD we went and headed over to Disney Quest to try and track down Alex in a five story building. Surprisingly I found him almost right away in the Nascar section and asked him if he wanted to take a quick trip to the Lego store with us to help make Ariana feel better.

Lego to the rescue!

By this time the rain had passed and we started to meander back towards Disney Quest taking our time. We came up to the Harley Davidson shop and couldn’t resist the photo op.

Crossing the bridge off Pleasure Island, we paused to watch the fireworks across the water. (Would that have been Epcot? At the time we thought it was Wishes, but were we too far away to see Wishes? It was just past nine o’clock.)

Still meandering, I think it was outside Bongos Cuban Café that we came across some musicians playing. A crowd was just starting to form and a few kids were even starting to dance.

We paused and listened for a while and then Alex went ahead to Disney Quest. Demetri was disappointed he couldn’t go with Alex to DQ but around then we realized just how hungry we were, (it was almost 9:30pm!) so we decided to try out Wolfgang Puck Café.

I’d read lots of great stuff about this place so we looked over both menus and decided we wanted to try the table service. Luckily they had a table available for us with no wait.

George and I both ordered the grilled flat iron steak, Demetri the spaghetti and meatballs and Ariana the cheese pizza.

Easily one of the best meals we’ve ever eaten. Anywhere. Highly recommend you try this place. Wonderful service, wonderful food and wonderful atmosphere. Towards the end of our meal, George slipped back over to Disney Quest before it closed to get Alex and he joined us to wrap our dinner up. We got our desserts to go and headed back to the bus area for a ride home. It was eleven o’clock and though our plans had changed a few times, we’d had another great day.

Our favorites and not-so-favorites of the day:

ALEX:
: all of Blizzard Beach and Wolfgang Puck
: getting rained out of BB

ARIANA:
: “when it stopped raining” and “getting Alex”
: no Fantasyland

DEMETRI:
: Blizzard Beach and Lego store at DTD
: not going to Disney Quest with Alex
Old 02-08-2010, 10:03 PM   #450
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Yum! Wolfgang was on our list for this upcoming time, and now it definitely will stay on!

Looks great!

That's depressing that you didn't get to get to Fantasyland - were you able to cheer Ariana up at the Lego Store though?

Thank you for updating!

(Sorry you didn't get to see Saratoga Springs - if only we had been a few days earlier, we might have run into each other!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: