Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2009, 11:35 AM   #31
mickeyboat
Nothing like the cream and chocolate combination
Thank you for omitting the footwear today
Moons are a sign of intelligence and beauty

Sending lots of positive thoughts.

Denae

So couldnít we all come to the conclusion that itís not the PLACE that counts, itís the people who contribute to it? - Delswife
mickeyboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:32 PM   #32
AbsyBabsy
Disney Diva

Dear Blessed with triplets, my heart goes out to you and I know this is a difficult time for you and your family. I was diagnosed with Lymphoma Stage 3 - 4 years ago when my daughter was 9. It broke my heart thinking of all the possibilities. I had the PET scan and surgery and was preparing for treatment when my second opinion came back with no cancer. I have a rare disease that mimicks lymphoma but resolves. Please don't forget you have options, 2nd opinions, good hospitals (I recommend checking into MD Anderson in Texas) and of course medical trials. My dad was diagnosed this week with small cell lung cancer - it has already spread. And my cousin's daughter was diagnosed with cancer this week (she is expected to recover fully).

It is a difficult time - you will be thinking about and worrying about many different things. Remember that cancer treatment has improved greatly and you will have a team of medical professionals to guide you. Please remember your friends - they really want to help. If you can, have them take the kids for a fun day, do your laundry, run errands, pick up meds, or clean the house. They want to help and if you are able to get help, it will make it easier for you to meet the needs of your husband and kids.

Good luck, God bless and I am looking forward to seeing your post when your husband has the "all clear"

Wonder 2006, Magic 2007, Wonder 2008, Magic 2009, Wonder 2009, Wonder 2010, Wonder 2010, Oasis 2010, Magic 3/19/2011, Dream 4/7/2011, Dream 1/26/2012 Platinum baby! Fantasy 6/2/12 Dream 9/2/12, upcoming: Fantasy 2013, Dream 2013, Fantasy 2014 Booked!
AbsyBabsy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2009, 08:49 PM   #33
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for all the support....it's so helpful!

MD Anderson in Texas? Is that a special hospital? Wow! I can't believe you were so misdiagnosed and about to begin treatment! Was the pathology report wrong?
Blessed_wth_Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:27 PM   #34
AbsyBabsy
Disney Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post
Thanks so much for all the support....it's so helpful!

MD Anderson in Texas? Is that a special hospital? Wow! I can't believe you were so misdiagnosed and about to begin treatment! Was the pathology report wrong?
Yes pathology was wrong and PET had uptake all over the place. You honestly cannot believe everything the docs say - you have to question things if they do not make sense and double check when you don't feel comfortable with the answers. My surgeon felt that I was being misdiagnosed and sent my labs to the Army/Navy? lab. In the end I have neurosarcoidosis. It is the same treatment as cancer - chemo - which I declined and I am fine now - but when I declined I was absolutely sure it was not cancer.

Here is the site for MD -http://www.mdanderson.org/ They specialize in lymphoma treatment and are considered the best in the US.

I have a friend that was later diagnosed with Lymphoma and she treated there - airlines give you really cheap rates to go there for opinions and treatment - there are also places to stay for reduced price or for free - they will walk you through it if you call. And most insurance plans pay for a 2nd opinion w/o a deductible and they most approve MD Anderson - they have some of the most advanced treatment methods and really care about the whole person not just the cancer.

Your husband is young, he has a lot of reasons to do well and people beat lymphoma all the time - and what an appreciation your family will have for life and each other when you come out on the other side.

Wonder 2006, Magic 2007, Wonder 2008, Magic 2009, Wonder 2009, Wonder 2010, Wonder 2010, Oasis 2010, Magic 3/19/2011, Dream 4/7/2011, Dream 1/26/2012 Platinum baby! Fantasy 6/2/12 Dream 9/2/12, upcoming: Fantasy 2013, Dream 2013, Fantasy 2014 Booked!
Old 12-09-2009, 09:51 PM   #35
seaprincess
Mouseketeer

Sending you lots of hugs and prayers! God Bless you.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:11 AM   #36
dogodisney
DIS Veteran

First off

My SIL was diagnosed with non Hodgkins lymphoma the beginning of April. I can't remember the exact name but it was a very aggressive type of cancer. She had a very large mass in her abdomen. She went through chemo and at her last PET scan the tumor was gone! She still has to have some type of treatment every 3 months but she is doing well and the outlook is reassuring.
She has a had a really positive attitude the whole time. She went into it saying she was going to be it and she hasn't let it get her down.
Your DH can beat this too!

Prayers to you and your family. God Bless you all.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:49 PM   #37
AbsyBabsy
Disney Diva

Blessed with triplets, how is your husband doing?

Old 01-20-2010, 08:18 AM   #38
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

The timing of this post couldn't be more PERFECT! Here is the email I JUST emailed out to all our family and friends:

Two months ago today Paul had surgery to remove a lump on his neck, and the past two months have been some of the hardest, most emotional times we have ever gone through ~ to make it brief! This has been a huge journey, and God has taught us both sooo much as we've grown closer to Him and each other than ever before. Today we had an appt. at U of M for our third and what we knew would be our final opinion. We both had such an unexplainable peace going into the appointment and waiting to hear the pathology results. The conclusion - the pathology team (all four) all agreed it is NOT CANCER! Praise God!!It was some of the sweetest words we've heard in the past two months. I remember the doctor saying, "You can close this chapter of your life, and stay far away from hemotologists!" That was interesting as it was what I had been hoping and praying to God for....for this all to come to an end and be able to close this chapter. But in many ways I know this is just the beginning...for who knows who this will and already has touched. We both know without a doubt that God had us go through this for MANY reasons. Paul has also been asked to share his testimony Wednesday night at our church, so we are excited to think of all who will be touched by his testimony! Thank you again for all your prayers and support. Our God is sooo good and we are sooo thankful!! This is a time for MIRACLES!!

Blessed_wth_Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:21 AM   #39
dogodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post
The timing of this post couldn't be more PERFECT! Here is the email I JUST emailed out to all our family and friends:

Two months ago today Paul had surgery to remove a lump on his neck, and the past two months have been some of the hardest, most emotional times we have ever gone through ~ to make it brief! This has been a huge journey, and God has taught us both sooo much as we've grown closer to Him and each other than ever before. Today we had an appt. at U of M for our third and what we knew would be our final opinion. We both had such an unexplainable peace going into the appointment and waiting to hear the pathology results. The conclusion - the pathology team (all four) all agreed it is NOT CANCER! Praise God!!It was some of the sweetest words we've heard in the past two months. I remember the doctor saying, "You can close this chapter of your life, and stay far away from hemotologists!" That was interesting as it was what I had been hoping and praying to God for....for this all to come to an end and be able to close this chapter. But in many ways I know this is just the beginning...for who knows who this will and already has touched. We both know without a doubt that God had us go through this for MANY reasons. Paul has also been asked to share his testimony Wednesday night at our church, so we are excited to think of all who will be touched by his testimony! Thank you again for all your prayers and support. Our God is sooo good and we are sooo thankful!! This is a time for MIRACLES!!

PRAISE GOD! I just got chills and teary eyed reading your post. I am so happy for you all!
Old 01-20-2010, 12:03 PM   #40
antmaril
DIS Veteran
The elephant topiaries near MK have a special meaning for me
I'm a girl

I lost my husband to cancer 18 months ago and I can only imagine the pure joy of hearing the words "You do not have cancer". I am so, so happy for all of you. This post just made my day. Thank you sharing your wonderful news.

Last edited by antmaril; 01-20-2010 at 05:17 PM.
antmaril is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:26 PM   #41
quasar4legs
DIS Veteran

So happy for you and your family, thanks for sharing the wonderful news.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:32 AM   #42
kimis
DIS Veteran

My prayers are with you. Stay positive----they have come so far in treating that! Making great advances daily.
2007-DL Paradise Pier
2007-DL Candy cane Inn
2007-DL Portofino Inn
2006-POR 2005-POR 2005- DL Paradise Pier 1999-Dixie Landings (1st of many trips-I hope!) 1999- DL Holiday Inn and many more DL trips
kimis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:49 PM   #43
Jenvenza
Ratted out her husband's lack of pony knowledge for a tag!

What wonderful news!!! I am so happy for you and your entire family!
Jenvenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:55 AM   #44
MomiTo2SwtGuys
DIS Veteran

God is good all the time... All the time God is good. That is wonderful news. I got so emotional over this post. I couldn't imagine what you went through.

Oh yeah, I would have a celebration visit to Disney!

MomiTo2SwtGuys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:36 PM   #45
franw
DIS Veteran

Keep your hopes up

I was also diagnosed with NHL Stage IV. The good news is that it was 15 years ago. When first diagnosed, I was given no hope for more than 5-7 years. I had a year of heavy chemo and had five recurrences which were treated in a variety of ways. I had what they called "bad actor" lymphoma as it didn't respond too chemo the way most did.
I am here to cherish 3 grandchildren I saw brought into the world and have experienced so much life so much more fully because I learned just how precious every day is. I have made about 20 trips to WDW with family and friends because we find so much joy there.
Next week I have another ct scan. It is a roller coaster ride in itself but I believe that no matter what the scan shows I will survive to enjoy many more trips with my family. I have taken Rituxan twice now and it is a miracle drug that I first heard about at the Wonders of Life pavilion shortly after my diagnosis. Also I have know many people who are 15, 18, 20 year survivors of NHL.
God bless you and your family. Have faith and believe that everything will be fine! Write me any time you need a boost. Fran
franw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: