Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2010, 11:00 PM   #181
ppony
Artist in residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by chell View Post
It is awesome that you are so open minded and that you are willing to go to V&A for your husband to be able to experience it. It is so very sweet of you!
Thanks! I feel bad for him. It's not his fault he married someone w/ no taste buds. If he could live on seafood, he'd be a happy man. Oh the irony. He also had a job set up in FL when he met me 20 years ago and I had no idea he gave it up to stay in MN to be w/ me. I owe him much.

ppony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:03 AM   #182
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppony View Post
Thanks! I feel bad for him. It's not his fault he married someone w/ no taste buds. If he could live on seafood, he'd be a happy man. Oh the irony. He also had a job set up in FL when he met me 20 years ago and I had no idea he gave it up to stay in MN to be w/ me. I owe him much.
Aww, so sweet on both of your parts! I don't eat seafood at all but my husband loves it. We go places where he can get it. When we first started dating he didn't have a real taste for good food but I've helped him expand his horizons. I've even gotten him to eat some veggies! Recently I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease meaning I can't have gluten which is found in wheat, barley, rye and a few others. Lots of times when we go out to eat he won't eat the bread just because I can no longer have it. We were somewhere recently where I knew he LOVED their bread and I had to force him to eat it. Silly man!

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2010, 01:02 AM   #183
hoverpumpkin
Mouseketeer

I'm pretty upset that they will no longer let you order the Chef's Table menu in the regular dining room. That's what I was planning on doing if I can't get the Chef's Table. No way we can afford the Victoria Room, though, especially since we don't drink wine. I guess it'll be the regular menu for us - at least it'll still be spectacular, right?
hoverpumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:12 PM   #184
Rip
Proud Redhead

I have what is probably a dumb question regarding the regular menu. How many courses is it? The menu looks as if there are only 3, but I could have sworn I read there were 6 somewhere. I've only done the Chef's menu once, and we were planning to order off of the regular menu the next time we go, but I'm confused as to what/how you order off of it.

Can anyone 'splain this to me?

Thanks
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:46 PM   #185
panthergirl
Go Carolina Panthers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Flower* View Post
Hi Susan-

Divulge! Which restaurant does your nephew work at? We go downtown regularly- and wonder if we've ever been at his restaurant.

You'll love Vicky & Al's... go with an open mind and you'll probably love just about everything that they offer you!

Have a fantastic time!
He works at McCrady's. We went there for Thanksgiving and had a wonderful meal. We are really looking forward to V&A's.

Thanks for asking!
Old 01-20-2010, 06:53 PM   #186
Rip
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip View Post
I have what is probably a dumb question regarding the regular menu. How many courses is it? The menu looks as if there are only 3, but I could have sworn I read there were 6 somewhere. I've only done the Chef's menu once, and we were planning to order off of the regular menu the next time we go, but I'm confused as to what/how you order off of it.

Thanks
bump
Old 01-20-2010, 07:42 PM   #187
*Flower*
Needs to Win the Lottery!!

The main dining room used to do 6 courses, and the Chef's Table used to do 10 courses.

I haven't been in a couple of years, so that may have changed.
It's all wonderful though- and you'll need the extra time to digest the earlier courses to make room for the later ones.

Hope you get the chance!
Old 01-20-2010, 09:34 PM   #188
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip View Post

Thanks
The progression of courses in the main dining room is:

Amuse Bouche - Typically 4 small bites from the chef to start your meal. In Sept 09 ours was a "celebration of summer tomato" which consisted of
1. Caprese Salad - Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes with Buffalo Mozzarella and Pinenuts
2. Roma Tomato Sorbet with Olive Oil Powder
3. Tomato & Fennel Custard served in an egg shell
4. Heirloom Tomato "paper" with Olive Oil Poached Octopus

Cold Appetizer

Fish Course

Hot Appetizer

Entree

Cheese or Gelato Course

Dessert Course
CURRENT DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! May 2014~
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: It's the most wonderful time...FOOD & WINE! Oct/Nov 2014~
TinkerBelle_325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:38 PM   #189
hoverpumpkin
Mouseketeer

Thanks for that, Tinkerbelle, I was wondering myself!

I'm SO glad they give you a choice of cheese or gelato. I wish their was still a soup course, but as long as I have cheese, I'll live.
hoverpumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:03 PM   #190
Rip
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBelle_325 View Post
The progression of courses in the main dining room is:

Amuse Bouche - Typically 4 small bites from the chef to start your meal. In Sept 09 ours was a "celebration of summer tomato" which consisted of
1. Caprese Salad - Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes with Buffalo Mozzarella and Pinenuts
2. Roma Tomato Sorbet with Olive Oil Powder
3. Tomato & Fennel Custard served in an egg shell
4. Heirloom Tomato "paper" with Olive Oil Poached Octopus

Cold Appetizer

Fish Course

Hot Appetizer

Entree

Cheese or Gelato Course

Dessert Course
Thank you, I had the same Amuse Bouche in October, btw.

If I may ask, is there any way to determine from the menus online which choices coincide with each course?

Sorry if I'm being obtuse, I'm just trying to decide if I should try the main dining room or go for the Chef's menu again.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:54 AM   #191
SpinDisc
Engagement Coordinator

Hey Everyone,

So I tried booking the CT this morning, with no luck. However, the CM asked if I wanted to book the QVR, and I asked her to describe it. She did, and said the price was identical to CT ($200), just in a different setting. I asked her to clarify that it was really only $200, and not $295, and she confirmed it was $200. So the wine pairing may not be mandatory. Has anyone else heard differently?

Also, I found out (the hard way) that (407) WDW-DVNA doesn't open it's lines until 9a (EST). So I was up a few hours early for no reason..ah well.

Spin

1990 - WDW: CONT ~ 2005 - WDW: CBR ~ 2006 - DCL: Western Caribbean Cruise (Magic) ~ 2007 - DL: GCH ~ 2008 - WDW: SS (Enagaged!) ~ 2009 - DCL: Eastern Caribbean Cruise (Disneymoon - Magic) ~ 2010 (June) - WDW: BLT@C ~ 2010 (Aug.) - WDW: SS (1st Anniversary) ~ 2011 (Jan.) - WDW: SS (1/2 Marathon) ~ 2011 (Aug.) - DCL: Bahamas Cruise (Dream)
SpinDisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:51 AM   #192
GirlfromTN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinDisc View Post
Hey Everyone,

So I tried booking the CT this morning, with no luck. However, the CM asked if I wanted to book the QVR, and I asked her to describe it. She did, and said the price was identical to CT ($200), just in a different setting. I asked her to clarify that it was really only $200, and not $295, and she confirmed it was $200. So the wine pairing may not be mandatory. Has anyone else heard differently?

Also, I found out (the hard way) that (407) WDW-DVNA doesn't open it's lines until 9a (EST). So I was up a few hours early for no reason..ah well.

Spin
I called three times to try to book the QVR for upcoming trip in February, and 2 people plus the manager told me the price was $295 whether or not you wanted wine. I was very upset, and I begged them to let me have the regular Chef's Table menu in the regular dining room instead so that I would not be forced to pay for unwanted wine pairings, but they refused. I called them 5 separate times. I even had the receptionist check with chef and manager and call me back, but the answer was the same: no more chef's table menu in regular dining room, and the price for the QVR would be $295 per person no matter what. I hope this has changed. We have already made a reservation for the regular dining room for that night and can't switch it now, so I haven't called back in the last week or so to check if the policy is changed. I will want to see an actual report of someone who has dined in the QVR and paid only $200 per person (w/o wine) to confirm.
Polynesian - March 2009
ABD Backstage Magic - June 2009
DCL Wonder 3 night Bahamas - December 2009
Tokyo Disney - March 2010
GirlfromTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:53 AM   #193
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlfromTN View Post
I called three times to try to book the QVR for upcoming trip in February, and 2 people plus the manager told me the price was $295 whether or not you wanted wine. I was very upset, and I begged them to let me have the regular Chef's Table menu in the regular dining room instead so that I would not be forced to pay for unwanted wine pairings, but they refused. I called them 5 separate times. I even had the receptionist check with chef and manager and call me back, but the answer was the same: no more chef's table menu in regular dining room, and the price for the QVR would be $295 per person no matter what. I hope this has changed. We have already made a reservation for the regular dining room for that night and can't switch it now, so I haven't called back in the last week or so to check if the policy is changed. I will want to see an actual report of someone who has dined in the QVR and paid only $200 per person (w/o wine) to confirm.
Maybe the policy has changed since you called. You seem a bit confused about whether you called 3 or 5 times.

We ended up canceling our reservation all together. I just didn't think we'd eat any of the food.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at POR!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:58 AM   #194
GirlfromTN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
Maybe the policy has changed since you called. You seem a bit confused about whether you called 3 or 5 times.

We ended up canceling our reservation all together. I just didn't think we'd eat any of the food.
I called FIVE TIMES but got answering machine twice and left message. Actually spoke to people 3 times. And my husband called a few other times over the course of a week. I don't think anyone knows what the policy is until someone eats there. The fact that they've taken down the website makes me think they don't have the details figured out. They should have worked out the details before posting on the new website. At first the website said the menu was $195, then it said $200. Then it was taken down. I told everyone I spoke to how the website made it appear that you could opt to not get the wine pairings and only pay $200, and they said, sorry, that's not how it is.
There is an older lady who answers the phone for V&A who seems to be very confused about the details of reservations.
Polynesian - March 2009
ABD Backstage Magic - June 2009
DCL Wonder 3 night Bahamas - December 2009
Tokyo Disney - March 2010
GirlfromTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:59 AM   #195
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlfromTN View Post
I called FIVE TIMES but got answering machine twice and left message. Actually spoke to people 3 times. And my husband called a few other times over the course of a week. I don't think anyone knows what the policy is until someone eats there. The fact that they've taken down the website makes me think they don't have the details figured out. They should have worked out the details before posting on the new website. At first the website said the menu was $195, then it said $200. Then it was taken down. I told everyone I spoke to how the website made it appear that you could opt to not get the wine pairings and only pay $200, and they said, sorry, that's not how it is.
There is an older lady who answers the phone for V&A who seems to be very confused about the details of reservations.
There's definitely more than one person who answers the phone there. I've called twice, and never spoken to an older woman. Maybe you're just getting the wrong person.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at POR!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: