Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2010, 11:27 PM   #91
chrisw127

DIS Veteran

I'm sorry. From what you've said on the podcast, you seem like the kind of son any parent would be proud to have. It's terrible that you and your family going through this.

Thank you for posting this link; I had no idea this sort of thing could happen.
chrisw127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:04 AM   #92
mainegal
I am becoming very good at making crushed ice
DIS Veteran

Kevin, I am so sorry about this total lack of justice. Nothing can bring your father back to your family, but his very untimely death at the hands of this driver is unexusable! I can't believe the driver was not held accountable for his actions.

Again, my sympathies to you and your mother. I pray that you eventually find some peace.
mainegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:00 AM   #93
challer
Hey EPCOT! Fix the jumping fountains already!!!

So many thoughts are running through my mind about this that I can't seem to pin any down and feel confident that it'll come out in any comprehensible way.

I just feel terrible for Kevin & his family that this has played out this way. The frustration must be unbearable.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:02 AM   #94
PryncessChrysty
This sounds like a fun game
Loves doing puzzles

Kevin, my condolences to you and your family. I am so sorry you are going through this.

DL Local / / WDW Vet / / Instagram: PracticallyPeachy & DisneyFoodies

PryncessChrysty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:29 AM   #95
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me

This was difficult to read in so many ways. Kevin - I'm so sorry you and your family are going through this. I get so discouraged when I see our courts, who we count on to make good decisions, throw common sense out the window and act like robots.

We love ya Kevin. You're a great person.
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:37 AM   #96
alebisi
DIS Veteran

Kevin, I really don't know how to put this in words.. I'm so sorry you and your family are going through all this injustice, unfortunately this not only happens in the USA but also in other countries of the world. Keep strong! And I really hope things change. Feel free to vent in here!

alebisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:44 AM   #97
bawstngrl
learning my way around the Dis

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltD4Me View Post
I THINK and I am by NO means defending this decision, what the state is saying is that cocaine remains in your blood for much longer than alcohol or pot, I think for up to 2 weeks and the test that they do just tests for any cocaine, so this scum bag COULD have done the cocaine on the day of accident or a week before the accident, but since it stays in the blood longer, with the test that they used, they cannot prove either way which it was. ....
Your facts are dead WRONG....POT stays in system for 30 to 45 days....COCAINE can clear the system anywhere from 24 hours to up to maybe 3 days, tops,(with heavy use). Alcohol will most likely clear your system in about 24 hours.

As a comment on the newspaper article -- all I could think was who does this guy know or is related to that pulled strings to get him off these drug charges(not once but three times)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is a fact that money can buy you out of most anything in FL.................SAD.....

Dakota Alexander 3/30/2010
bawstngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:49 AM   #98
rn4val
A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes

Kind of makes you lose faith in our system of justice. I thought the assistant state attorney were suppose to aim for justice and keep criminals off the street and you are a criminal if you are driving a vehile impaired.. I am a nurse and have seem too many lives ruined by alcohol and drugs. We are behind you Kevin and your family.
2008 AKV
2011 OKW
rn4val is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:26 PM   #99
Applemomma
DIS Veteran

Absolutely infuriating.............

I wish there were words Kevin but all I can do is keep you and your family in my prayers.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:34 PM   #100
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawstngrl View Post
Your facts are dead WRONG....POT stays in system for 30 to 45 days....COCAINE can clear the system anywhere from 24 hours to up to maybe 3 days, tops,(with heavy use). Alcohol will most likely clear your system in about 24 hours.

As a comment on the newspaper article -- all I could think was who does this guy know or is related to that pulled strings to get him off these drug charges(not once but three times)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is a fact that money can buy you out of most anything in FL.................SAD.....
I apologize, I did not mean to state anything as fact, I was remembering an newspaper article from a similiar case here a few months ago. And again I was not in any way defending the decision, I think it's disgusting to say the least.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:18 PM   #101
fakereadhed
The Tag Fairy has me on "ignore"!

That is outrageous! In my state there is a campaign of buzzed driving and drunk driving are the same, but I am now curious if it relates to law or is just to raise awareness. If you are under the influance of any drugs(prescription or otherwise)that could impair you and get behind the wheel at the very least you should be accountable for what happens. Sounds like the law needs to be changed to be more clear so that there is no wiggle room for cases like this.

Kevin, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

fakereadhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:07 PM   #102
Kristina
DIS Veteran

Kevin I am so sorry, like so many have posted before me I am just angry and sick over this and will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:37 PM   #103
Alice2020
Mouseketeer

Kevin-

I am so sorry to hear about this injustice. This article shows how little the Florida legal system understands about drug abuse. I would love to write a letter to let Florida politicians about how choosing to drive while using ANY drug illegally shows indifference to public safety and should certainly make an offender eligible for manslaughter charges.

Is there a particular individual that we should be writing letters to? I prefer to send handwritten, personal letters to complain about such important issues.

I etsy, do you? find me at http://www.etsy.com/shop/Mamadisney

1983-1993 (my Grandmother was a CM then) Too many stays to count- all at Grandmother's house; 2008 ASMu for Daughter's B-day; 2009 POFQ for Family Reunion

Alice2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:38 PM   #104
Minnie Lor
I feel that same comaraderie

Very sad situation. I'm just in shock. It's incomprehessible. My prayers are with you and your family.

Oct '99: CSR via SOG ~ May '02: CR via SOG ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Pop for MouseFest ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~
Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop for DIS-A-Palooza ~ Sep '10: Solo @ Pop ~ May '11: AKV for 15th Anniversary ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney
Minnie Lor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:49 PM   #105
mommyceratops
Covets Clown School
Kevin's best buddy (you happy now?)
Totally Addicted to DisUnplugged!

I am so sorry, that is so wrong!! How awful.

My love and prayers are always with you and your family.
mommyceratops is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: