Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #1126
steph73
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwcrazy07 View Post
Thanks!
June, 2001 - 12 Magical Days - HGVC Sea World & Caribbean Beach Resort, October, 2007 - 11 Magical Days - HGVC International Drive for F&W and MNSSHP!, May/June 2010 - 9 Magical Days - Contemporary

steph73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:17 AM   #1127
TinkerbellsMom0923
DisneyFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffinito View Post
But the one near the 70's building at POP was not far from the Main building either. It was by the lake, and our room faced the side parking lot, but the DSA was right there. It made it nice. Also a lot of us would go to the main hall to get our morning coffee and then sit at the DSA outside to schmooze. (some in their PJ's too!)
I had a great time in the morning last year @ Pop with my coffee outside the food court. I met alot of nice people. We were in a preferred room in 50's building 1st floor and DSA was right there in courtyard which was great late at night. We leave in 2 weeks for CBR. I hope the smoking areas are as good. We again have a preferred room.
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2010, 09:37 PM   #1128
leane
Proud BLT/AKV owner 2009. 1,064 miles between homes

Triple split stay... DSA's

We are staying BCV/BWI garden cottage/BLT

I found the post about BLT but I am having troubles with searching the BCV and BWI

Thanks if you can help.

Past visits:BCV/AKV Feb-Mar 2010~ Poly/BLT Oct 2010
leane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:45 PM   #1129
jjohnson

Volunteer cheerleader for the official "exclusive tag fairy club" cheering squad.

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

The easiest one to get to at BWI would probably be the quiet pool. At BCV there is a fairly private area near their quiet pool. Its a good spot for early morning & late nights. Also as you exit BCV & walking toward BC there is a covered area on your left with benches but its a high traffic area. DH & I were never comfortable there.
Boardwalk Villas 2007
BWI Deluxe Concierge 2006 Saratoga Springs Resort 2006
Polynesian LVC 2005 Beach Club LVC 2005
Disneyland 2003
jjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:22 AM   #1130
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellsMom0923 View Post
I had a great time in the morning last year @ Pop with my coffee outside the food court. I met alot of nice people. We were in a preferred room in 50's building 1st floor and DSA was right there in courtyard which was great late at night. We leave in 2 weeks for CBR. I hope the smoking areas are as good. We again have a preferred room.
we were at CBR last year. there are ample DSAs amongst the buildings. (we were in Jamaica, we ask for that or aruba, since it isn't "preferred prices," but right across the island from the main area, and a nice walk through the island)
the nice thing about CBR is, even though there are no DSAs in the main pool area, almost all the tables by the pool bar are smoking. just a short walk outside the pool area. and you can sit in the evening and have a cocktail with a smoke. the quiet pool at jamaica had a DSA just right there! around the wall, and a nice view of the lake. the courtyards had nice dsa's also. you won't be disappointed!
CBR is smoker friendly. and the new water works/ fountain, play area for the kids looked like SUCH fun! (of course, no dsa's there, but wished I had my grandkids with me! ) but the smoking tables by the pool bar were not far from that.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:22 PM   #1131
rlsaumure
Earning My Ears

Disney resorts - parking lots

Does anyone know if you can smoke in the parking lots at the resorts (specifically Port Orleans Riverside)?

Thanks
rlsaumure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:36 PM   #1132
smidgy
dimples

while I don't believe there is a rule one way or the other, when we stayed at Riverside, we smoked in the parking lot, no problem. after all, no one is really "hanging around" in the parking lot.
but riverside is really smoker friendly. there are ample DSAs, one at each quiet pool 2 by the main area, and a one by the mail pool, and one by the bar near the main pool. AND a few on the pathway around.
you'll love this resort! the food court is great. they have a singer at the bar near the food court we liked Boatwrights.
don't forget, you can alwaays go to a dif quiet pool for a change of pace (like if you are in Alligator, Bayou, you can fo use a quiet pool in Magnolia bend)
you can take to boat to Downtown disney, AND you can walk (kinda long) or take to boat to French quarter and use their food court, pool , hot tub, Scat Cat club bar, or pool bar (for a change of pace and a boat tide) have fun!
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:55 AM   #1133
goopysolelady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamstew View Post
I'm really surprised that the one between WL and VWL (next to the arcade) was deserted at midnight. That's usually a pretty popular spot for night owls.
Was there myself many, many times in Sept. after midnight! My "roommate" was an "early to bed" person and I'm hardly ever in bed before 1 AM. I kinda enjoyed the peace and quiet but, you're right, was kinda deserted late at night. While I always feel very safe at WDW, did have a few thoughts cross my mind as I was out there all alone.
1978 1st trip-off site; 1981 Howard Johnson/LBV; 1983 Poly; 1985 Poly; 1987 Poly; 1990 Caribbean Beach/Poly; 1993 with HS Band-Holiday Inn Sun Spree/Poly; 1994 HS Band trip to Austria/Germany; 1995 Embassy Suites LBV/Poly; 1996 DD 1st solo trip w/best friend; 1998 HS Band-Quality Inn; 2000-Off site-Vacation Home; 2005 Wilderness Lodge; 2008 Poly; 2009 Wilderness Lodge; 2010 Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Towers; 2012 Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas; 2013 Art of Animation; 2014 Caribbean Beach
goopysolelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:41 PM   #1134
Lglchick
It's a talent that I always have possessed

Okay, okay, I didn't read through the 76 pages of this thread, , so please excuse and forgive me if my question has already been posed, but I'd like to know if smoking allowed on the decks of the cabins at FWC? I'm assuming yes since you're provided a grill, but in this day and age, I can certainly see being told no.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:04 PM   #1135
Lglchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandys View Post
I found that the Wilderness cabins were great for smokers with little ones-the picnic table is just steps away from the front door.
And here's my answer from Pg. 75. Good grief, I'm impatient. I'm so glad I won't have to trapse off to a DSA yards and yards away, or have to worry whether or not I'm even in a DSA. I'm always the first one up in our family and I love getting to enjoy my coffee and my one morning cigarette all by myself and the quiet.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:11 PM   #1136
wdwcrazy07
Earning My Ears

Disneyland DSA

We're going to Disneyland for our first visit in May 2010 and are staying at the Disneyland Hotel. Does anyone have a map of this hotel which shows the DSA's there or do you have any idea where I might find one? Thanks a bunch!
wdwcrazy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:31 PM   #1137
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lglchick View Post
Okay, okay, I didn't read through the 76 pages of this thread, , so please excuse and forgive me if my question has already been posed, but I'd like to know if smoking allowed on the decks of the cabins at FWC? I'm assuming yes since you're provided a grill, but in this day and age, I can certainly see being told no.
Yep, absolutely!! Smoking is allowed on the porches of cabins and at the individual campsites!!!
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:50 PM   #1138
Lglchick

Is that your camper in your profile picture, clkelley? It is the EXACT camper a co-worker of mine has been wanting for a year now! She almost had me talked into one after showing me some photos and I've never wanted a camper.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:41 PM   #1139
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lglchick View Post
Is that your camper in your profile picture, clkelley? It is the EXACT camper a co-worker of mine has been wanting for a year now! She almost had me talked into one after showing me some photos and I've never wanted a camper.
Yep, that's my baby, a 2007 T@B ClamShell. Love it!!! Lots and lots of pics on my blog link in my sig.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:36 PM   #1140
Belle4mygrl
DIS Veteran

Remember my post about a smoker in the room next door to me at Port Orleans and I was going to contact WDW about how the situation was handled?

I received a phone call and I would be getting a refund of $460!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: