Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 12:57 PM   #751
Rip
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Uh Oh! Not what I wanted to hear. I'll be there May 1st-9th. I cut and pasted this from the blog at the top of the main DIS page:

'Regarding opening date, Universal plans to open the Wizarding World of Harry Potter late spring 2010. Delays may push the opening date back to summer 2010 (remember the opening delays for Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit), but a hopeful opening estimate is late May/early June. Interestingly, unlike other new theme park attractions in the area such as: Universal’s the Simpsons Ride, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, Manta at SeaWorld, or Disney’s Toy Story Midway Mania, no soft-openings are planned for the attractions in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. However, there will be an invitation only gala VIP Grand Opening sometime in late spring 2010. Universal is likely to increase the 2-Park Unlimited Admission ticket price in 2010, so purchase tickets now to save money. Those tickets will be valid when you visit Universal next year.'
Keep in mind that that portion of the blog was written back in September. The amount of work they have completed since then is really amazing.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #752
Pink Flamingo
Think Pink!!!
DIS Poet Laureate

[QUOTE=Metro West;35167650] I know it's discouraging but you know what's going to happen. Technically...Universal has until 6/30 before WWoHP must be open per the contract. So...let's hope it opens well before 6/30.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be open by 6/28 ~ that's the last day of my Universal vacation & I really, really want to see the WWoHP.

June 1998 Dixie Landings * June 2000 Dixie Landings * June 2002 Polynesian (& All Star Music for 1 night)* March 2004 Coronodo Spring * August 2005 Beach Club & Polynesian; Hard Rock Hotel * January 2008 Wilderness Lodge * June 2009 Royal Pacific Resort 1st time club level * June 2010: Royal Pacific Resort * August 2011: Port Orleans French Quarter * July 2012: Pop & Saratoga Springs ~ 2 Bedroom Villa

Pink Flamingo Flys Again:
August 2013: AKL Jambo House & Boardwalk Inn
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2010, 02:31 PM   #753
ky07
Proud Redhead
Earning My Globe •o•
Yeah and we all are trying to get together

I agree with Rip cause that blog was written in september and the fact Universal doesn't want another HRRR mess up to happen with WWOHP
Old 01-26-2010, 02:36 PM   #754
Taylor'sMom
Wish I was there...

I'm wondering if they'll make a big opening date announcement during the Superbowl?
last year they did the free ticket promo and I think I saw somewhere that Universal (as a whole) bought some air time again... what they use it for, who knows... but a WWOHP announcement could be a possibility?
Old 01-26-2010, 04:05 PM   #755
Poohbug
Sherlocked

Just returned from Universal yesterday. We checked out the building of HP and DH(who is in construction) thought that May would be really pushing it. They are working seven days a week but did not seem to be in any rush. There is one building that still has exposed steel framing-if that building is a facade it could finish quick. If that building is a shop or restaurant then they are in trouble.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:28 PM   #756
becky1960
DIS Veteran

The British forums are says the HP Cast (some) are going to be there in May and they have said so in interviews. Universal has also put out calls(hiring) for Hp CM'S according to this wesite (Dis)..
Old 01-27-2010, 01:36 AM   #757
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready4mouse View Post
It's funny- I'm actually split between being disappointed and being relieved! We'll be there at the end of April, and as much as I'd love to see WWOHP, I was truly dreading the crowds if it wound up being close to opening weekend! This way here, I know the crowds will be manageable (especially with FOTL) and we can go back next year for HP! It'll give us something to look forward to
I've just recently started posting in this section of the boards. I am not a Universal fan and the only reason I was going, was to see Harry Potter's World. I bought the $99.00 unlimited admission to two parks tickets only because they were cheap and for HP. Now I probably won't even be going to Universal during my May 1st-9th WDW trip. As you said though, at least the crowds won't be bad now for the people who normally go to Universal anyway. Oh well, we'll be back to WDW in Oct, so guess we'll make it then.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:56 AM   #758
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of BriMan, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriMan
I took some photos as well. :thumbs:

Old 01-27-2010, 09:33 PM   #759
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Disneyhead, Orlando United

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyhead

They are now working on the exterior of the Dragon Challenge queu/walkway

They have removed the brown arch inside the greenhuse

Anyone have a clue what this will be?

Old 01-28-2010, 07:30 AM   #760
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of WWOHP fan, Orlando United

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWOHP fan
USA TODAY post an video showing how is exactly their 3D Reality map of WWOHP

http://www.usatoday.com/video/index....ty/63723696001

I've make some screens caps :

Old 01-28-2010, 09:58 AM   #761
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Fun, Orlando United

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun
Instructions wors like a charme! Print the map on a A4, works much better than on A3

Old 01-28-2010, 10:22 AM   #762
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

This bit of info just popped up from Attractions Magazine and all I can say is..WOW

Quote:
Visitors to the Ollivanders wand shop at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will step into one of the iconic scenes from the Harry Potter books and movies. With the assistance of a live actor, along with some special effects, guests of Ollivanders will get to experience the same type of magical moment Harry had in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone when a wand ”chooses them.”

Universal has worked closely with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and the Warner Bros. Harry Potter brand team to make this moment as authentic, magical and immersive as possible for guests.

“When guests visit Ollivanders, they will instantly feel like they’re in the shop from the films. It’s an intimate, single-windowed building, with the same signs, colors and other details read about in the books and seen in the films,” said Alan Gilmore, art director of the Harry Potter films and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. “But more importantly, visitors to Ollivanders will experience for themselves the magical moment that forever changed Harry’s life.”

Inside Ollivanders, visitors will be surrounded by thousands of multi-colored dusty wand boxes stacked on shelves from floor to ceiling. They will be welcomed by an inquisitive Wandkeeper, who will guide them through an enchanting experience to find their very own wand. First the Wandkeeper will ask the guest a few special questions and then select the first wand for them to try. Just like Harry, the guest will be prompted by the Wandkeeper to give the wand a wave, and a series of magical mishaps will occur until the right fit is found.

In addition to the magic featured in Ollivanders, guests will experience many other magical happenings at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, including a Howler featured in the Owl Post shop front window whose ranting can be heard by guests as they pass by; The Monster Book of Monsters in Dervish and Banges that will snarl and growl at anyone who tries to get too close, and the Hog’s Head which can be seen puffing his jowls at visitors who visit the Hog’s Head pub.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal’s Islands of Adventure will feature multiple themed attractions, shops and an eating establishment when it opens this spring.

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Old 01-28-2010, 10:44 AM   #763
nerdboyrockstar
Mouseketeer
I want a t-shirt that says "Everything is better at Disneyland"

Wow. These shops are going to be attractions unto themselves. How are they going to get people through them?
Old 01-28-2010, 12:14 PM   #764
ChrisFL
Disney/Universal Fan and MALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdboyrockstar View Post
Wow. These shops are going to be attractions unto themselves. How are they going to get people through them?
Thats what I keep wondering

Disney Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS
Old 01-28-2010, 12:40 PM   #765
nerdboyrockstar
Mouseketeer
I want a t-shirt that says "Everything is better at Disneyland"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFL View Post
Thats what I keep wondering
Did you see the new concept art for Ollivander's?

It even has the crowd of people waiting outside in it. 180min wait!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: