Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2010, 06:47 AM   #196
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Post Planning Tools

I am sure I am in company with many DIS members out there but I thought I would share my book collection I have amassed. (Hey books are my specialty!! )

The Unofficial Guide: Walt Disney World with Kids 2010 I have gone back and forth about the full UG and at this point—I do not think I am going to get it !

The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World I took it out of the library a few times and never could get it read before I had to take it back. DH bought it for me for Christmas. :

The Complete Walt Disney World 2009 One of the first books I got way back in December 2008 to read on our drive to and from NC over New Years.

Birnbaum’s Official Guide to Walt Disney World A classic, of course! I have had this one for as long as the one above.

Birnbaum’s Walt Disney World for Kids 2010 I got this for Lilian, though she is a little young for it. I figure when we are working through our countdown, I will pull out this for her to look through and read to her! :

Passporter’s Walt Disney World 2010 Okay, I have a confession to make—you are going to laugh. I actually started with the 2009 version with the other two 2009 guides but I just had to get the new one!!

I also want to look for this newer book: Mini Mouse: A Personal Tour of the Magic Kingdom. Has anyone seen or gotten this one yet? What do you think and is it worth it (though it is only about $10).

I am getting into Podcasts. I have used/listened to them in other aspects of my life—just not Disney. So awhile back, I downloaded ones that seem appealing to me. I have been listening to them via my MP3 player while I work out. It has been a great option! Does anyone else listen to them, if so which ones have you found that you like?

Of course there are a myriad of online resources. The DIS (of course), Allears.net, UG’s website and I am sure there are many more but those are the ones I go to most frequently. I look at MouseScrappers and TwoPeas for scrapbooking inspiration and Etsy for cute outfits. :

I was hoping I could show you my (I think anyways) fantastic chart I made. I need to get DH to reinstall my color printer onto my new laptop. I thought we did but it is not there. He thought he had as well. Another time!

Up Next: Continuing on with Our Wishes, No Thank Yous, and Sprinkles for AK and DHS.
September 2010 PTR

Old 01-28-2010, 07:04 AM   #197
Shmily01
Proud Redhead Mom of 2

Hi! I saw your post on my PTR and thought I would check yours out. I'm subbing! Now I just have to catch up!

Melissa

The Nabors' family vacation - Take 2 PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2382021

Nabors' Labor Day trip to the World
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2631318
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2010, 07:05 AM   #198
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Disney Store finds

I also have been meaning to post my Disney Store finds. I really gotta stop looking at the online store! I really only spent about $20 or so--not bad at all considering what I got (at least I think so). So without further ado, here you go:

The picture so everything I got. Two pairs of flip flops, a long sleeve shirt for me , a Minnie Bling shirt for DD and my new library back.

Left is a close up of my new bag--love this bag!! The middle picture is a close up of the Belle flip flops we got Lilian. She loved her Minnie pair we got this past year so I snapped those up real quick when they put them back up. Lastly, the right picture is the close up of her Minnie bling shirt--I love that line!!

Time for another confession: I ordered more of the Minnie bling line this morning. Last purchases for a LONG time!! Seriously, it was not too bad since they are in the Disney Outlet now. I have been eyeing the line since I saw last fall while detouring to a Disney store on my way back from going down to campus. I ended up getting the following this morning:

I love this dress and legging set. They only had one size left--XS!! Perfect for Lilian. I am concerned that the Smalls that we have gotten (a few) and DGM (all those dresses) are going to be a bit big--but who knows?

I have been wanting a bag to take into the parks for Lilian--and I just think this one is adorable!! So I snatched up since it was still available. I plan on putting things to do to keep her preoccupied while waiting for food and in ride lines if we have to wait. It will also serve as a great bag to stash some toys in for on the way down!
September 2010 PTR

Old 01-28-2010, 07:39 AM   #199
BabyEeyore
DIS Veteran

Great purchases! I have been trying hard not to go to the Disney online store because I know I'll buy stuff. But after seeing your finds, I must go over to check out the outlet! You're a bad influence.

DH and me: DD (4): Ali: Prim:

Multiple trips as a kid (DL) & lots of day trips to WDW as an adult
Off-site: First trip with DH and DD, WDW Nov. 2008
Pop Century: Oct. 2009, March 2010
POFQ: Sept. 2010 (MNSSHP), Jan. 2011
CBR: Sept. 2011 (MNSSHP)
Art of Animation: Sept. 2012 (MNSSHP)
Old 01-28-2010, 07:51 AM   #200
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

I.Will.Not.go.to.disneyoutlet.I.will.not.go.to.dis neyoutlet! You are a BAD influence! Now I have to repeat this to myself all day.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:49 PM   #201
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Everything you got is super cute!!! Love it, especially the bag!!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 01-28-2010, 01:01 PM   #202
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

Ooo, looks like you had fun Disney shopping!!! I love the Disney Store, or shopping for anything for Disney for that matter!

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
Old 01-28-2010, 02:17 PM   #203
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmily01 View Post
Hi! I saw your post on my PTR and thought I would check yours out. I'm subbing! Now I just have to catch up!

Melissa
to my PTR!! I would love any comments or suggestions!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 01-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #204
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyEeyore View Post
Great purchases! I have been trying hard not to go to the Disney online store because I know I'll buy stuff. But after seeing your finds, I must go over to check out the outlet! You're a bad influence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
I.Will.Not.go.to.disneyoutlet.I.will.not.go.to.dis neyoutlet! You are a BAD influence! Now I have to repeat this to myself all day.
Well, I guess I should not tell that there is an extra 20% offer good through the weekend for any Disney Outlet purchases then.... You didn't hear it from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Everything you got is super cute!!! Love it, especially the bag!!
Thanks Jenny! I love that bag. I will give it to my daughter though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princesses+aprince View Post
Ooo, looks like you had fun Disney shopping!!! I love the Disney Store, or shopping for anything for Disney for that matter!
It is fun!! Its nice to get things on sale!
September 2010 PTR

Old 01-28-2010, 02:43 PM   #205
BabyEeyore
DIS Veteran

Good call on the 20% off! I don't know if I would have noticed that! I REALLY appreciate it because I already had a cart full I was just waiting to see which of some backpacks for Ashlyn my husband likes best. lol The 20% off makes me feel much better about splurging.

DH and me: DD (4): Ali: Prim:

Multiple trips as a kid (DL) & lots of day trips to WDW as an adult
Off-site: First trip with DH and DD, WDW Nov. 2008
Pop Century: Oct. 2009, March 2010
POFQ: Sept. 2010 (MNSSHP), Jan. 2011
CBR: Sept. 2011 (MNSSHP)
Art of Animation: Sept. 2012 (MNSSHP)
Old 01-28-2010, 11:12 PM   #206
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

LOVE all the books--I have each and every one of them!!! I've never seen the Mini Mouse one--will have to look into that!!

Oooh--NICE purchases!!! You know I LOVE the Minnie Bling!! I bought Ally that tote to carry her piano books for piano lessons!! She LOVES it!!
Old 01-29-2010, 09:53 AM   #207
Shmily01
Proud Redhead Mom of 2

I just bought the OG and the Passporter for 2010. I can't wait to get them! I had the OG for 2008 and read every single word.

The Nabors' family vacation - Take 2 PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2382021

Nabors' Labor Day trip to the World
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2631318
Old 01-29-2010, 10:42 AM   #208
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyEeyore View Post
Good call on the 20% off! I don't know if I would have noticed that! I REALLY appreciate it because I already had a cart full I was just waiting to see which of some backpacks for Ashlyn my husband likes best. lol The 20% off makes me feel much better about splurging.
Yay!! I am glad you caught the 20% before you placed your order!! I am such an enabler but at least I told you to watch out for the code!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
LOVE all the books--I have each and every one of them!!! I've never seen the Mini Mouse one--will have to look into that!!

Oooh--NICE purchases!!! You know I LOVE the Minnie Bling!! I bought Ally that tote to carry her piano books for piano lessons!! She LOVES it!!
I figured I would not be the only one with those books. I really like the purchases. I never really have worn Disney apparel but I am getting a few things here and there for myself too. I think the bag will be great for Lilian!! She is sure to love it. I think I am going to hold it and surprise her with it on our way to Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmily01 View Post
I just bought the OG and the Passporter for 2010. I can't wait to get them! I had the OG for 2008 and read every single word.
Hello! DGM buys the OG every year (well, not the last couple because it is has been too hard on her). I like that one for the official take but there is so much more than just the official take! I have not delved into the new Passporters--I loved the 2009 and when the 2010 came out in color--I could not resist getting it too.
September 2010 PTR

Old 01-30-2010, 07:18 PM   #209
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Hi Stephanie! I followed your link from your post on my PTR. I think I'm caught up---That's a lot of planning you've been doing! How in the world are you doing all this? I'm very impressed with your planning! ( I went to grad school, while working full time, and raising two kids, so I know how time consuming it can be!)

Your little girl, Lilian, is precious! How much fun it will be to celebrate her birthday at Disney , and how great that so many folks love her enough to travel and celebrate with you!

On a side note, my family went to disney the week between Christmas and New Years to celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday. We had her birthday dinner at 1900 Park Faire, just like you're planning for Lilian! Are you planning to order a custom cake? I worked with Pat at the GF to order one for that night. (There are pictures in my trip report.)

Can't wait to hear more of your planning!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 01-30-2010, 07:29 PM   #210
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Hi Stephanie! I have those books too...some of them in multiple years. I received the Hidden Magic book for Christmas and I'm about half way through it. So far I love it.

I listen to podcasts all the time. I've listened to other Disney related podcasts (WDWToday, etc) but I enjoy the DIS Unplugged best of all. I've been listening for almost 2 years and I've learned so much from them. I've gone back and downloaded the old ones to listen to between new episodes. It's interesting to hear them predict something in 08 that is coming to fruition now. Sometimes the podcasts are about the only thing that get me through some of my work assignments.

Hope you're having a great weekend!
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: