Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2010, 06:02 AM   #1
toddd
Earning My Ears

Question Light breakfast on the DxDP

Hello - we are considering upgrading to the DxDP but so far the math we have been doing (estimated OOP needed to suplement the DDP vs. extra cost of the DxDP) has come out pretty much even. Based on this we are considering the spending the extra money upfront to upgrade. The one concern I have is that we are not big breakfast eaters. (We do have two character breakfasts booked) For the other days I might like to have a couple of what would be considered snacks on the DDP (muffin, yoghurt, fruit cup, etc.) Can you use a DxDP 'meal' to purchase these items or do you have to use snacks. If you can use a meal how many snack items can you get? Do you still get two beverages as you do with a CS/TS breakfast?

BTW - for those who are wondering, for our 7-night stay, besides the two character breakfasts we have booked 4 signature restaurants (2 TS) and 2 other restaurants (1 TS). I used the menus from Allears.net and calculated based on the most expensive entree and dessert. I factored in 2 appetizers pp at $12 over the course of our stay (two of our dinners are buffet).

Thanks - any advice on this would be appreciated.
toddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:03 AM   #2
candielips
DIS Veteran

Why not use your snack credits for breakfast, a TS for lunch and your 2TS for your signature restaurants for dinner?
That way you are still utilizing all of your credits.
I do not know if you can trade in a TS credit for snacks, maybe at Main Street Bakery.
Or you could trade in one of your credits for a CS breakfast where you have lots of options for a light breakfast.
But to trade in a DxDP TS credit for snacks, really does not seem like the most valuable use of your credits. IMHO, I would do one of the above options.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2010, 07:30 AM   #3
MrsLS
DIS Veteran

On the delux plan, we've gone to the CS and used an TS credit to purchase 2 snacks (really 2 muffins) & I forget if it was 1 or 2 drinks instead of using 2 snack credits, this was because we had extra TS credits. This time we are doing a lot more signature restaurants so we won't have as many extra credits but still saving a ton of $.

MrsLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:11 PM   #4
toddd
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLS View Post
On the delux plan, we've gone to the CS and used an TS credit to purchase 2 snacks (really 2 muffins) & I forget if it was 1 or 2 drinks instead of using 2 snack credits, this was because we had extra TS credits. This time we are doing a lot more signature restaurants so we won't have as many extra credits but still saving a ton of $.
Thanks MrsLS - I think you gave me the answer I was looking for - at least partially anyway.

If you are on the DxDP and do not wish to have a CS or TS meal for breakfast but also do not want to use up your snack allotment for the day you can use a meal to get at least two snack items and a beverage.

I understand that this is not the way to get full value from the DxDP but it's vacation - I want to eat what I want not what I feel I have to.

BTW - for the DxDP Disney does not seem to differentiate between CS and TS - you get 3 'meals' / day. They indicate you can use the meal for CS or TS - hence my original question.

If anyone knows the exact amount of snacks/beverages that you can get for a meal credit I would appreciate that.

Thanks!

toddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:20 AM   #5
MissBritt
It's a small, small world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddd View Post
BTW - for the DxDP Disney does not seem to differentiate between CS and TS - you get 3 'meals' / day. They indicate you can use the meal for CS or TS - hence my original question.

If anyone knows the exact amount of snacks/beverages that you can get for a meal credit I would appreciate that.

Thanks!
Exactly, you have DLX credits, not TS or CS. At MSB, they changed a DLX credit to 1 hot item, 1 baked good, and 1 drink. At the food court at POR, they changed DLX to any 3 drinks and/or made onsite snack foods. It varies by location, but from what we have experienced and read, it's never more than 3 items per credit.

December 2009-Port Orleans Riverside DXDDP
January 2010-All Star Sports QSDP
December 2010- Coronado Springs DDP
December 2011- POP Century

MK 9Xs, HS 2Xs, EP 2Xs, AK 3Xs, BB 1Xs, CdS 1Xs
MissBritt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breakfast, dxdp, meals, snacks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: