Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2010, 11:10 AM   #91
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBiscuit View Post
Okay I had this nice long reply done and when I went to paste it back, I click on the wrong Browser window and replied to your TR on my TR. Which was humorous, but would be quite confusing. So I got rid of quickly and somehow lost my clipboard and well....long story short it is gone.

I'll see if I can piece it back together though.

Loved that you were able to sit and chill a bit at Holywood Studios.

The parade interaction was a neat moment.

The Brown Derby magical moment was odd.

Glad you loved Fantasmic.

Sad you missed Indy.

The bad waitress in WCC stinketh. The fact that the managers were absent stinketh even more.

The PBJ story had me cracking up, as did the midnight howler out on the patio.

There. I think was pretty much it.

Enjoyed the updates!
Sounds like something I would do.

I agree the Magical Moment was odd, when I tried to explain to DH where we went and why he was completely confused at the entire thing.

I think some of our "chillin'" moments are some of our favorites. We were able to chill at the end of day 4 as well and it was fantastic!
Old 01-18-2010, 06:36 PM   #92
tigerdragon
DIS Veteran

I'm lovin' your TR so far! Your kids are adorable!

I want to add that our experience at WCC three years ago was not so great too. We were there for dinner and it took forever. We were a large group but it literally took 3 hours from the time we arrived at the podium to the time we left. We were not happy. The waitress was okay, not very attentive though. She was one of the reasons it took so long. She never checked on us and she was always missing. I'd try it again myself and hope for better service next time.

Can't wait to read more!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2010, 09:50 AM   #93
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerdragon View Post
I'm lovin' your TR so far! Your kids are adorable!

I want to add that our experience at WCC three years ago was not so great too. We were there for dinner and it took forever. We were a large group but it literally took 3 hours from the time we arrived at the podium to the time we left. We were not happy. The waitress was okay, not very attentive though. She was one of the reasons it took so long. She never checked on us and she was always missing. I'd try it again myself and hope for better service next time.

Can't wait to read more!
Thank you and Welcome!

We will probably try WCC again when we are there this year but maybe an earlier ADR so we have more lively experience. I didn't think 9:40 was late but I guess it was.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:15 AM   #94
Khill
Mouseketeer

Just read your entire trip report this morning, only ytook 4 hours between calls.

Thank you for all the insite, and have really enjoyed ready it, and look forward to more.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:58 AM   #95
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Tuesday was supposed to be our “off” day from the parks but as it turned out it was one of earliest days out of the hotel. We had a surprise “cruise” for DS at 9:30am and we needed to get to our 1900Park Fare ADR by 8:00. When I booked his surprise we had originally wanted to feed him breakfast with snack credits, send him on his cruise and the rest of us eat at 1900 Park Fare. Unfourtunaltly we couldn’t get a later ADR than 8:00 so we stuck with it.

That morning we defiantly had to wake the kids up although I felt HORRIBLE and didn’t want to get out of bed myself. I am not stretching the truth to say HORRIBLE, I felt like a stay in the hospital would do me well. I had completely lost my voice and my throat was BAD, I am sure I had a fever. However I was very excited to see DS’s reaction to his surprise so I dragged myself out of bed.

We have great video of DS waking up but since he slept in his shirt and underwear I don’t really feel comfortable posting it online, but let me tell you it is cute! What wasn't cute is my attempt at talking that morning, my voice was GONE. DS was half asleep but the first thing he noticed was his new Tinkerbell surprises of Wall-E and a few of his “friends”. Then he was simply amazed that Tinkerbell brought herself to DD. It was adorable. You can tell in the photos that they didn’t wake up as quickly as usual this morning, but it didn't stop them grabbing their new surprises, lol.

We dressed pretty fast and dressed them both in a bit of a “tropical” feel. They looked so adorable! I was feeling really rough so DH suggested I take one of his EXTRA strength Tylenol from his surgery that he had brought and I tell you it helped me get through the morning. I also had some tea with honey that DH ran down and got for me and I was starting to feel a bit better.

We took a cab to the GF since we just didn’t know how long it would take us to get there that early any other way. We could have taken the boat to the CR and then the monorail to the GF but cab was much faster and easier. By the time we got there the kids were in great moods:

Although the GF doesn’t really fit our family comfort style I LOVED it and I am really working on DH to stay here when we finally take a “just the two of us” trip. It is so beautiful and elegant! I could sit in the lobby all day and be perfectly happy, I just loved it! I took pictures but it would put me over the image limit so I might post them later.

We went to check in for our ADR like a few other people but they were not open yet so we made some pennies and relaxed a bit:

Right before 8:00 we checked in and were moved to another line, then we were moved to an outside line and the kids were getting restless and grumpy. By the time we had our photo taken DD was crying and DS wouldn’t look at the camera. Needless to say we didn’t get the photo, lol.

We FINALLY got to the table and ordered our drinks. OJ for me of course!!! The kiddos had chocolate milk (remember this) and DH had coffee. The buffet here seemed very small but included really everything we needed. I loved that they had yogurt since the kids actually ate that! They also ate a bit of cereal and pancakes but they did not care for the muffins here surprisingly.

This restaurant seems a lot smaller than many we went to so the characters seemed to come around fast. Which was good since we were on a schedule to get down to the docks by 9:15! First up was Tigger and he was fantastic! I just loved both Tiggers that we saw during the trip, they were bouncing around and DS had a lot of fun with them. He still talks about this Tigger and tells the story about how Tigger drank all of HIS chocolate milk!

Pooh was next and he didn’t really seem into the interaction and neither did DD:

DS however was a seasoned Character Meeting vet and when Pooh started to walk away before the obligatory posed photo DS pulled him back and said “Wait I need a picture.” LOL It was hilarious.

Mary Poppins was next and I was hoping that DD would warm up to her but she was terrified of her. I have to say our Mary Poppins was a little standoffish and didn’t really do much too warm DD up to her either. DS didn’t notice and was all about talking to her and I think they discussed toys or games before they posed.

Next up was Alice and how cute was she! Neither of the kids had ever seen Alice in Wonderland (I tried but they couldn’t get into it) but they didn’t care they both loved Alice! Even DD allowed her to hug her and get a picture in!

Now the reason I had wanted this ADR is because of all the great things I hear about the Mad Hatter and how fun he is. DS LOVES being goofy and funny so I thought what a great character for him to meet! I prepped DS a bit before he reached our table and told him to tell the Mad Hatter about his “funny faces” he likes to do.

When the Mad Hatter arrived the interaction went great the Mad Hatter ask Ethan a question about what he liked or something and Ethan said he liked making funny faces. The MH asks him if he showed Alice and DS said no and this is where it got FANTASTIC!

The MH started screaming at Alice who was on the other side of the dining room saying “Alice, ALICE, Ethan is distraught.” Then he grabs DS by the hand and leads him over to Alice and tells DS to show Alice his funny faces and Alice began making the same ones back. It was such a wonderful Character interaction and made waking up early totally worth it!

They came back we tried to get DD to look at us for a photo but she wasn’t taking her eyes off the MH behind her so all we got was MH and DS:

We finished up, paid our bill and headed out. We stopped at the front desk to ask which way to the docks at DH’s suggestion although I thought it was obvious. There was a bit of construction going on in the lobby that we made our way around before making it outside and down to the docks to send DS off to be a Pirate!

I had worried if “surprising” him with this was the best way to go since he would be going alone and I wasn’t sure if he needed time to prepare to be without us. He is a very outgoing kid and although he is very conscious of where we are at all times he adventures out by himself easily. He has NEVER had a problem being left with babysitters or daycare so we took a chance.

We broke the surprise to him and he was excited!

I went to check him in at the boat house and DS headed over to become a “pirate” complete with tattoo, bandanna and life jacket, lol. He was by far the smallest one there, but that doesn’t mean he was the youngest he is just so tiny. He looked a bit overwhelmed so I went to talk to him and ask me if I was going to be here when he got back, awww.

I started having second thoughts about sending him but DH went and talked to him and had a man to man talk and reassured him more. He seemed to be very content after that.

The kids were paired up in groups and DS was paired with “Jack Sparrow” as DS called him and although he was the biggest kid on the cruise I hoped DS wouldn’t get forgotten, lol. After they boarded the boat I heard the kid say something about the cruise not really being “real” and I was a bit disappointed in DS’s partner but there was nothing I could do. As they moved away the captain had the “pirates” scare us parents away by saying “arrrgh”. It took them saying it about 4 times before we all got the picture and left, LOL. It was hard watching my baby sail away by himself but I knew he would love it!

Now DH, DD and I had 2 hours to spend… what would we do????
Old 01-20-2010, 11:09 AM   #96
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khill View Post
Just read your entire trip report this morning, only ytook 4 hours between calls.

Thank you for all the insite, and have really enjoyed ready it, and look forward to more.
Welcome! You sound like me! I love trip reports!
Old 01-20-2010, 11:32 PM   #97
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

A few extra Grand Floridian photos. I honestly can't get over how beautifully elegant it was. When I was little my grandparents use to take me to visit Opryland Hotel every year around around Christmas and I loved how elegant it was and my favorite room was the atrium. For some reason the GF reminds me of my childhood and that atrium.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:03 AM   #98
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

After watching DS sail away we didn’t have any solid plans to do anything. DH needed a restroom break so DD and I headed into the TINY gift shop at the GF to wait for him. It made the WL gift shop look HUGE! When DH found us we decided to hit the monorail and explore the Poly for a while. We went upstairs and first explored the larger gift shop and began looking for a specific plush for DS. He had been enamored with the “baby” plush characters at all the parks and we were on the hunt for a “baby” Donald. We found nearly every baby character in the parks and gift shops including Goofy if I remember correctly but no Donald.

After our search turned up fruitless we headed to the Monorail platform and had no wait since it was just pulling up. Now thinking back it would have been simpler and faster to walk to the Poly but it was HOT outside and I didn’t even suggest it to DH. We arrived at the Poly with no real plans other than to explore since we heard how beautiful it was. We spotted Lilo and Stitch as I made my restroom stop and DH and DD saw a parade. We headed downstairs and took turns admiring the beautiful artwork in the shop. DH and I love this type of painting (where they capture the light), if only we could afford it!

DD was being very good so we decided to let her explore out of the stroller.
She was in a mood to hamm it up for the camera so we let her:

She was afraid of this guy till I held her:

I’m telling you she is a born actress! She loved all the attention and a few people actually stopped and ohhed and awed for her, lol. I think DH was calculating in his head how long he had to worry about how long he had before boys began ohhing and awing at her, lol. We moved outside to walk the paths around the buildings and DD discovered flowers as big as her head!

It really is amazing how Disney can create such vastly different worlds in their resorts. It is hard to imagine that the WL is so close but it feels like you are in a completely different world. While the WL is earthy and relaxing and homey, the Ploy is fresh and pristine and refreshing. I added another resort to my list of “PLEASE can we stay here?” On our next trip I want to visit a few other resorts and I have a feeling I will say the same thing, LOL.

Before long it was time to head back to the GF to be ready to see DS return. It was a bit early but I had read reviews of the cruise coming in early and parents not being notified and we didn’t want to scare him if he arrived and we weren’t there to greet him. On the monorail I saw Tinkerbell “sitting” on the back of the stroller and it looked just like DD to me. I think DD had a bottle of Tinkerbell Pixie Dust dumped on her the moment she was born! She may be a “Princess” but she has the attitude of a PIXIE!

DD was defiantly missing her big brother and was holding on to his new Wall-E toys. She kept asking “Where’s Ethan?” It was adorable. We caught the Monorail back to the GF and by the time we reached the docks DD was asleep clutching DS toys. We sat down and waited for DS to arrive and finally we see the Pirate Ship approaching.

I have to admit although it was fun to let him go on this adventure it was very scary to let go of him. This is the FIRST time he has ever done anything like this and I admit I was worried the entire time! We hustled up with the other parents to the railing to catch the first glimpse of our Jr. Jack Sparrows and were greeted with a ship full of tired looking children, lol. Seems being a pirate takes a lot out of you!

DH stayed put while I moved nicely down to the exit of the docks to meet DS, meaning I ran like a woman who had just sent her baby off and wanted him back NOW. The Captain opened up the “treasure box to distribute to the crew. Then they called out names and I think checked ID’s from the parents standing at the railing before giving the child their booty and making them walk the plank (or exit their choosing).

What happened next I am not sure since I was at the far end of the docks waiting for DS but according to DH, DS was called and received his booty. He had his lunch, bandanna and booty in his arms and when he stepped out of the boat he didn’t step high enough and he took a nose dive onto the dock. I heard everyone gasp all the way at my end but by the time I could see he was already upright and seemed okay. DH said he didn’t let go of his loot for anything, lol. What a pirate!

After he fell he calmly walked up the dock and to me waiting. I felt like I could cry, he was such a big boy!

I was very close to flinging myself on him and smothering him with kisses but I held myself back and was content with a quick hug and kiss. He was very excited to see his loot but I convinced him that he needed to take off his life jacket first, “awww, mom”. We headed back to join DH and DD (who was still snoozin’) before ripping open the treasure!

I know there is a lot of variations of “loot” that gets distributed on the Pirate Adventures so here is what DS received:
1 Small (2 inches or so) Plastic Parrot (This has lasted and still is played with a lot.)
4 or so Pirate Gold Coins (Still turn up around the house.)
2 Plastic Rings
2 Beaded necklaces a red and a black
Play Eye Patch (better quality than the ones he has gotten from Chuck-E-Cheese in the past)
And a Treasure chest to keep it all in.

He also got “lunch” with his adventure but I think my pint size pirate either swiped someone else’s lunch or someone gave him extra because he had 2 of everything in his lunch bag. One uncrustable was opened and a bite taken and one pack of goldfish was empty but he had two unopened rice crispie treats. I tried to ask him why he had two but all I got was “argh”, lol.

We were all ready to head back to the WL and we had planned on eating at the WCC but had cancelled after our experience the day before. I am trying to remember how we got back to the WL but I am drawing a complete blank. I know we took the monorail away from the GF and I THINK we got off at the MK and grabbed a boat back to the WL or we went to the CR and grabbed a boat. I am not sure but I know I was exhausted and was not feeling well at all.

We stopped at RFC and grabbed lunch (nothing special) and headed upstairs. We didn’t have solid plans until 5:00pm that evening! I needed to do a load of laundry and wanted to try and take a nap with DD. I banished DH as he tells the story… which I will let him do. DD and I gathered the laundry, changed into our swim suits and headed downstairs to the laundry room, when I left the elevator DD however didn’t and if I had not have quickly stuck my foot in the door she would have been left inside, lol. Her face was priceless with shock, lol.

I was so exhausted that I started the load of laundry and had no intention of sticking around. I believe our plan was to swim until DH and DS came back and swim a bit with them then go upstairs to get ready for the evening. After about 15-20 minutes of swimming I was not feeling well at all, I felt like I was about to pass out and it was HOT.

We headed back to the room and after changing DD and hanging the DND sign on the door, I put her in the Pack and Play and I collapsed on the bed. I was EXHAUSTED but I think it was mostly from being sick. I just kept thinking “All I need is an hour! Just one hour and I will be fine.” DD put up a mild fuss but was out pretty quick as well. I don’t know how long we were out before DH and DS came back and I groggily ask him to move the laundry to the dryer and again “banished him”.

Would we make it to our ADR? Would I be able to pull myself out of bed?
Old 01-25-2010, 11:08 AM   #99
ethansmommy
Disney Planner

Oh no I hope your not getting sick on your trip!!! I cant wait to see if you feel better. I am considering letting my little one (also an Ethan) go on the pirate cruise when we go back in November and reading about how your experience was is helping me decide that I can let go and be brave for him to do it on his own. He will have just turned 5 on our next trip so Im hoping he will be okay doing it on his own. Im glad to see your son had such a good time, but that sure is a mystery how he ended up with two lunches?? When you booked the pirate cruise what number did you call and is it 180 days out or 90??
~Jen

"Every story has an end, but in life every ending is just a new begining."

Past Trips: Jan '08-WL, April '08-AKL, Sept '08-WL,
Jan '09-WL, May '09-off-site, Nov '09-Poly, Nov '10-WLV, Nov '11-WL
Future Trips: Nov '13-WL
Old 01-25-2010, 11:46 AM   #100
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethansmommy View Post
Oh no I hope your not getting sick on your trip!!! I cant wait to see if you feel better. I am considering letting my little one (also an Ethan) go on the pirate cruise when we go back in November and reading about how your experience was is helping me decide that I can let go and be brave for him to do it on his own. He will have just turned 5 on our next trip so Im hoping he will be okay doing it on his own. Im glad to see your son had such a good time, but that sure is a mystery how he ended up with two lunches?? When you booked the pirate cruise what number did you call and is it 180 days out or 90??
~Jen
Since we only decided to take a trip about a month before I only had a month to make all of our ADR's and plans. We were VERY lucky and I was able to book every ADR minus one or two that we wanted at the time we wanted. I called to book the Pirate Cruise on the same day and it was about a month before we went.

Ethan really loved the Pirate cruise and he still talks about it and wants to do it again. I would give more details about what they did on the boat but in the words of a four year old "We found treasure with a map." and that is that. LOL
Old 01-26-2010, 08:48 AM   #101
Chef_Skinner
Earning My Ears

DW is exactly right. I knew that she wasn't feeling well, and with her being so tired, it was definitely a much needed rest that she required. And as much as I wanted to rest as well, she ushered DS and I out of the room as quickly as she could.

It was DW's suggestion that we use the coupon that we received for a free 30 minutes of speedboat when purchasing 60 mins. I took DS and headed on down to the beach and then over to the dock where all the boats were located. DS was a bit hesitant, but after building up the excitment a bit as I told him how fun it would be, he was all for it.

We received our receipt and after walking down to the docks, we were seated inside our own little personal speedboat and ready to take on the waves. LOL Let me tell you, this boat has a top speed of like 10 mph, and if you are looking for a thrilling ride, this certainly is not it. Although, if you are in the mood for a nice and relaxing boat ride to catch in the sites you might not otherwise see...well then by all means you should take this opportunity.

As we pulled away from the docks, I began speeding away from the WL and heading towards the campgrounds, as I slowed the boat down so that we could look around at the scenery, I asked DS how he was enjoying the ride. When I got no answer, I realized that he was enjoying it either quite well as it put him to sleep...or that it was quite boring...but either way I was on my own.

I sped around the lake, visiting the MK, the CR, GF, and once again returned to the WL. I made two laps around the lake, and let me tell you, riding in a boat that isn't going all that fast and having no one to talk to...well it can make someone batty, and it certainly was for me.

I returned to the WL after my second lap, hoping that I had utilized the 90 mins I had paid for, and found that I had only been gone a whopping 45! LOL Oh well, I wasn't about to get strapped back in, and especially since I had to wake up DS and pull him from the boat he was so tired.

We returned to the room, finding DD and DW asleep, but trying to be as quiet as possible, but as it turned out, it wasn't quiet enough. DW stated how DD had just fallen asleep, and she did not want DS around to wake her up. She suggested I take DS down to the pool and swim with him for awhile. After spending 45 mins in a very hot boat in the middle of the lake, going swimming was the very last thing I wanted to do...but I knew that DW and DD needede their rest as well. I took DS by the hand and we headed out to the pool.

The water was refreshing as the Sun was ablaze that afternoon, but being out in it wasn't all that much fun for me at the moment. DS wanted to ride down the little water slide as he saw a few of the other kids enjoying it, so I helped him find the entrance and up the stairs he went. He came down the first time with such a smile on his face, that I forgot all about the Sun and how hot I was and was in the moment with him. I helped him out of the water and watched him speed back to the stairs..and then down again he came.

Time and time again he went down, on his bottom, on his back, and a few times on his tummy...which we were told by the lifegaurd that he should not do. I know the reason for this, but I won't share it as it might make some of you cringe. After about 45 mins or so, I was ready to go back up to the room and I didn't care if DW and DD were still sleeping or not. I needed a break.

As we got back to the room, DW apologizedfor kicking us out. LOL Oh well, at least her and DD got the rest that they needed and we were raring to go for our evening...and what an adventure that turned out to be.

Last edited by Chef_Skinner; 01-26-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:24 AM   #102
lexmas
DIS Veteran

Just found your trip report yesterday! I read it all in one day! I love it! Can't wait to read more!

Hoping to take a trip this year, but also contemplating buying DVC, which would involve skipping this year and using that money for the downpayment. We'll see where the year takes us.

Me- DH- DS (5)- DD (2.5)
Old 01-27-2010, 07:58 AM   #103
zeferjen
Mother Knows Best

More more more!

Me Dh Dd 6 Ds5 (he made me pick this avatar!)

My Disneyland Trip Report
Old 01-27-2010, 11:37 AM   #104
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Welcome! The next update is almost done!!!
Old 01-27-2010, 02:53 PM   #105
KatiJ
Earning My Ears

I'm loving your report! My son will be almost 4 when we go in March and my daughter was 2 in December, so it is really fun to hear what kids those exact ages like to do! Can't wait to hear the rest.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: