Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2010, 12:49 PM   #16
disneydude39
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment1990 View Post
Have they announced any opening date yet for Harry Potter? My sis wants to go one of the days we are there April 17-24 but we're not sure if it will be open yet....
I have not seen or heard any definate dates. A friend of mine works for dwtickets.com and he usually has the insdie scoop on this stuff. I asked him the other night if any dates had been released but he didn't know. He only knew what I already knew... Spring of 2010. I can't wait to see it!!! If i hear anything I will be sure to post a thread.
disneydude39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:55 PM   #17
kohlby
DIS Veteran

We always go to US/IOA when we go down to Orlando. A "Disney" trip for us is never just Disney. My oldest loved US/IOA the last two times at 3.0 and 3.5 years old. And we're headed there again with a 11 month baby, nearly 4 year old and 6.5 year old tomorrow! We don't plan on another trip for 3 more years. The biggest impact Harry Potter had on our plans was that I bought my $99 7 day tickets already for our 2013 trip! I ended up buying them a week before the price increase. (Some $99 tickets are still available but they take more searching). So, we'll have up to 7 days instead of just 2 days for our next trip at US/IOA.

My kids don't know anything about Harry Potter yet, so the only way it's effected our plans had to do with me trying to save money on tickets in anticipation of a price increase. Men In Black was the absolute favorite ride off all the parks - Disney and Universal - for my oldest when he was 3.5.

*We do a split stay when we go - The Dolphin free with our Starwood points and then RPR. I've had luck finding really cheap rates at RPR the last two times. I fear that's going to change due to HP.
kohlby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2010, 12:56 PM   #18
linnell
DIS Veteran

Originally, I was planning a trip that would include MNSSHP, Food & Wine and a day or two at HP world this September. However, after much discussion, my DH and I decided all of that will be too much for our little guys (plus F&W won't be going on while we're there) and my DH told me that I should just plan a weekend to go to HP with my sister or a friend. So I will probably do that in Spring 2011, give it some time to work out the kinks and the crowds to die down a bit. I love Harry Potter and I KNOW it is going to be really tempting to me while we are down there this fall.

linnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:00 PM   #19
DEBBYIAC
Mouseketeer

we always go over there for a day or two, and sea world and this year discover cove? so we always rent a car and i seem to get such good deals I just rent the whole time. I don't think my DH could handle the buses anyway he has no patiences at all.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:14 PM   #20
deerhart
DIS Veteran

We won't head over to US until both the boys are over 54 inches tall and can ride all the rides. It's bad enough going to the local Six Flags and half the rides they want to do they are a couple of inches too short. When we go we will also go to Sea World and a friend always offers us free tixs.
deerhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:19 PM   #21
DAZY3BYZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhart View Post
We won't head over to US until both the boys are over 54 inches tall and can ride all the rides. It's bad enough going to the local Six Flags and half the rides they want to do they are a couple of inches too short. When we go we will also go to Sea World and a friend always offers us free tixs.
That's smart! When we went to Universal/IOA a couple years back, our youngest son who was 6 spent most of the day sitting on a bench with me while his brother's rode rides. It was a LONG day!

1999-ALL Star-sports; 2003- POR; 2004- POR; 2006 POR-POLY; 2007 POLY; 2009 POR-BC; 2010 POR-AKL
DAZY3BYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:31 PM   #22
3floridarays
Somebody's got to nail that girl's fins to the floor

We will take a couple of days out of our WDW trip at Christmas to go over to Universal. We will be taking at least 3 other trips to WDW before then, but we are going to let Universal get HP "broken in" and let the massive fanatical crowds have a few months to get it out of their system.

ME DH DS-12
3floridarays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:34 PM   #23
deerhart
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZY3BYZ View Post
That's smart! When we went to Universal/IOA a couple years back, our youngest son who was 6 spent most of the day sitting on a bench with me while his brother's rode rides. It was a LONG day!
my oldest has been in the 49-52 inch range for 3 years (he's going to be 10) and his 7yo brother is 51 inches tall so we are almost there!

Both DH and I are roller coaster junkies and with neither kid able to ride the major ones, six flags is pretty depressing. Its also the reason why we have put off a trip over to my Dh's home town (cincy) for a day or two at King's Island.
deerhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:44 PM   #24
Mollyremy
Earning My Ears

We are hoping to do US on our next trip so we can see HP. We will always stay on Disney property---can't beat immersing into the magic!
Mollyremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:46 PM   #25
wdwnut4life
I LOVE WDW & Disneyland soo much!

1 of my nieces can go on the fast rides (she's 9 the other is 5) but i'll check on the other since they might b movin 2 florida
wdwnut4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:49 PM   #26
pixiepirate
Mouseketeer

We were orignally thinking of returning to WDW this spring. We have changed our plans and are now planning a longer trip for the fall. We will be spending 2 days at US to take in HP but will still have 6 days for WDW. We will stay onsite, probably CBR. I had a chance to see the HP exhibit in Chicago. Simply amazing. Can't wait to see what US has come up with.

Aug 1992, off site International Drive
Oct 1999, CSR
Sep 2008, WL/Mar 2009 BC
Oct 2010 CBR
Apr 2012 GF/Nov 2012 WL
YC Sep 2014
pixiepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #27
Glencora
Be good then, and don't.

Since some of you have mentioned the probable crowds, I was wondering - do you think that the crowd levels fro HP will fluctuate in the same way the crowd levels at WDW do? In other wors, there's a big drop off in crowd levels at WDW right after Labor Day because the kids are back in school. I'd assume the same will happen at US. But will the popularity of HP keep the crowd levels up all year? Thoughts?
Old 01-21-2010, 02:12 PM   #28
TerrytownGrl
Mouseketeer

We're planning on adding a day or two to check out Harry Potter and US.

Our daughter has never been to US and DH and I haven't been since the park opened back in 1990 or so.

Soo excited about the WWoHP.

CSR - 25th Anniversary trip 2012
POP - Thanksgiving 2014, 2010 and 2008
POFQ - June, 2007 Swan - May, 2003
CBR - May, 1989 Disney Inn - May, 1987 (honeymoon)
Offsite - May, 1992, August 1983, August 1982 & June, 1979

TerrytownGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:16 PM   #29
steph73
DIS Veteran

We strongly considered it. Since we will be arriving in late May, it *should* be open (unless they change the date again), but we decided that since it will most likely be VERY crowded that close to the launch, we'll go next year. We are HUGE HP fans, but we've never been to US/IoA before.

Next year, we plan to stay off-site for the first few days of our trip and do US/IoA and Sea World (we've been to SW several times, but not in years) and just do a shorter WDW trip... maybe even just a day at the MK and a day at EP. We're considering just skipping WDW altogether for that trip, but I don't know if I can be that close and not go at all!
June, 2001 - 12 Magical Days - HGVC Sea World & Caribbean Beach Resort, October, 2007 - 11 Magical Days - HGVC International Drive for F&W and MNSSHP!, May/June 2010 - 9 Magical Days - Contemporary

steph73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #30
chipsgal63
Earning My Ears

definitely a Harry Potter 2011. I love Harry and will stay at Universal hotels to take advantage of the front of line deal.
Now I hear LegoLand will be opening in central Florida in 2011. Looks like we might have to skip on the mouse .....
chipsgal63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: